PDA

View Full Version : What is this ...

superV
08-20-2002, 04:26 AM
I am looking at a 1981 20' Eliminator Day Crusier hy pro v drive with a hardin 405hp, 3 speed, and a casel, it has what i think you would call trim tabs on the rear, all billet hardware left hand driver in excellent condition, sweet 6 color gel, and competeive tailer all built in SoCal. Im new to V drives and thinking of selling my 24'challenger offshore. I would be using this boat for sm to md lake, rivers, and for sking.What would I ex. top speed to be how well are thet built, how big of water can they handel[would be running LOTO a couple times a year] How do they handel? What do i need to look for when buying? What is it worth? Any help would be great need info asap! Whould like to ditch the I/O and go true Hot Boat! Need to run atleast 70mph? Any other info please include! :confused: :confused:

superV
08-20-2002, 07:36 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

superdave013
08-20-2002, 07:52 AM
I'll give you my take on it for what ever that's worth.
It's a great boat. I don't know if it will handle as rough of water as your 24'er but it will handle rougher water then the ave 20 I/O. V-drives don't seem to get the bow rise in chop like the others do.
It will handle and track great. V-drive cruisers just drive like they are on rails.
Those plates in the back are called cavataiton plates. Some are controlled with your foot and other have elect. motors that move them. They don't move much but have a huge effect on the ride or trim of the boat.
One thing to think about is the casale v-drive. Most of those had a casale c-500. It's the heavy duty unit and is a great drive. But it's hard to find used gears and they are pricy. If it has a casale quick change then the gears are easy to find and are much cheaper. You would only need to change them if you step up the engine (and you will some day). It's easy to tell them apart. The C-500 is mounted on round shafts and the quick change is mounted to an alum. plate.
I would think that the trans has the 1'st gear locked out. If not you will never use it as it will be to low. I'm sure it will run 70 or close to it. I hate to say it but it would most likely be faster with an I/O. But the plus is you won't break the v-drive and can really sock some HP to it some day. :D
If that boat is as clean as you say and you put it in the paper for 15,000 here in So Cal it would sell right away!

superV
08-20-2002, 08:26 AM
superdave, Thank you for your response I think im going to put a deposit on it today! You said it just as I thought.It does have the quick change casel. And the cavitation plates are ele.Its a minwest dimond can't pass it up...
KEEP THE INFO COMING?????? :D

superV
08-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Can anyone hear me?

SoCalPower
08-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Make sure your deposit is refundable and drive it before you buy it!

DansBlown73Nordic
08-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Like he says take it for a spin. Sounds like a nice boat...... :D

superV
08-20-2002, 07:12 PM
Will be taken it for a ride soon. I was really hoping with all ex. people here i would get more info.I was thinking that is what this forum is for? Am i wrong or is just a central thing? :mad:

Finally Gotta Schiada
08-21-2002, 07:49 PM
post some pics and you will get more response.

08-21-2002, 08:12 PM
superV:
Will be taken it for a ride soon. I was really hoping with all ex. people here i would get more info.I was thinking that is what this forum is for? Am i wrong or is just a central thing? :mad: Easy young man, Perhaps those who know this type of boat are not online now. Don't take it personal. If you get few or no responses its usually because some of us do not have the answers to your questions. Almost all of us here will not give answers based on weak or unbased opinions, I'm sure you can understand that. :cool:

Stab-n-Steer
08-22-2002, 07:38 AM
SuperV,
I agree with 058. Almost to a person, the folks on this forum are very, very helpful and will jump in if they can help. I thought that was a damn good response from SuperDave. He knows your type of boat, I don't know dick about them so I'm not going to offer some worthless response. Ask me about an old Biesemeyer, Stevens or a Mandella and I'll be all over it... That's what's neat about this board, the diversity of the members...
Hope you enjoy the boat and please post pics when you get it...
S&S

superV
08-23-2002, 05:28 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Copy_of_Image02.JPG

superV
08-23-2002, 05:29 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image03.JPG

superV
08-23-2002, 05:29 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image07.JPG

superV
08-23-2002, 05:31 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image04.JPG

superV
08-23-2002, 05:31 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Image0110.JPG

superV
08-23-2002, 09:54 AM
O.K. Here it is. Whatch you all think? :D

FlatRacer
08-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Nice cruiser! I guess you liked your ride. Okay, whatcha pay? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
Eric

Thunderbutt
08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Super V, If you haven't bought the boat by the time of the shootout come by my place, if I have my boat in the water I'll let you drive it. It's a 20 foot Spectra v-drive ( much the same boat) with hi-performance everything. This lake is a little rough for a boat this size on week-ends, but during the week we can kick some ass.

superV
08-23-2002, 12:37 PM
Thunderbutt:
Super V, If you haven't bought the boat by the time of the shootout come by my place, if I have my boat in the water I'll let you drive it. It's a 20 foot Spectra v-drive ( much the same boat) with hi-performance everything. This lake is a little rough for a boat this size on week-ends, but during the week we can kick some ass.Thanks ill be by this weekend. I did get it but pending H2O test. So ill take you up on that offer. See Ya Soon :D

superV
10-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Just thought id bring this back up for any more info anyone may have? Thanks Josh :D

DansBlown73Nordic
10-08-2002, 01:01 PM
I have a 22 ft Schiada. It has a 454 Turbo-400 trans. I think you will love that boat . Looks like a super nice boat. :D wink