http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268103_0307_1.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268120_2029.JPG

RiverOtter
10-11-2006, 02:45 AM
Very cool pics :cool:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Very good pix.
If the weather holds, we'll be making an run in two weeks.

RitcheyRch
10-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Mardonzi
10-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Were you over for Buccaner days??

cola
10-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Were you over for Buccaner days??
The boat is still in Havasu, havn't made a trip yet this season. :)

FRENCHIE
10-11-2006, 08:01 AM
The boat is still in Havasu, havn't made a trip yet this season. :)
MIKE IM bringin the boat home n a week or two....plannin on some trips, prob one on october 21st or 22nd weekend with barry and some others!! call me up if you wanna roll!!!
:cool:

LaveyOne
10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Is that a DECK BOAT I see out there ??? :jawdrop:

AltarGirl
10-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Wow, that looks so nice right now. I've only been there one time as a stop on a cruise, but would love to take a boat over there for a day trip. Thanks for the pics! :)

Mandelon
10-11-2006, 08:13 AM
I saw a Magic deckboat out there one time. On calm days its no big deal...

stoker
10-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Nice pic of my Magic
Thanks

INSman
10-11-2006, 08:18 AM
hmm, VERY tempting :rollside:

Havasu Luvr
10-11-2006, 08:28 AM
hmm, VERY tempting :rollside:
Yeah Right :mad: the only salt your boat will ever see is the salt around the rim of a margarita glass floating on fresh water.......YEAH ! ! I'm calling you out. Come on, go ahead and prove me wrong :220v: ....lol. Blaine, I was just like you for years until I saw the light :idea:

INSman
10-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah Right :mad: the only salt your boat will ever see is the salt around the rim of a margarita glass floating on fresh water.......YEAH ! ! I'm calling you out. Come on, go ahead and prove me wrong :220v: ....lol. Blaine, I was just like you for years until I saw the light :idea:
You guys are killing me, I do like the Margarita salt though :)

Havasu Luvr
10-11-2006, 08:36 AM
You guys are killing me, I do like the Margarita salt though :)
Just think of Big Blue as one big margarita without the tequila....but with plenty of wildlife...grins

Legal Chemistry
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
I will probably be taking my JET this weekend... if you leave early -it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Take a nice run out of HB at dawn, eat a good breakfeast.. back my 10 or 11 :)

Garrddogg
10-11-2006, 08:52 AM
RIP! :cry:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268120_2031.JPG

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Great pics...question for those who go there alot? What size boats are you running over there on average..judging by the pics it looks like anywhere from 24' to 38' Any feedback good bad or otherwise? I am looking to get into a 27' to 30' single engine deal for ocasional trips over to the island and some offshore running locally..thanks

Legal Chemistry
10-11-2006, 09:23 AM
I have a 24' jet... Living in HB as a kid, me and a buddy took a 14 or 15' Boston out to Avalon once -now that was exciting! I suppose it can be done in anything -hell the con-tiki made it over, right? I may not be able to do 60mph the entire way, but the journey is the best part. Take your time and enjoy the ride. A 27-30' with a nice V should have no problem.

shockwavebd
10-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Going over this sunday ....................... :cool:

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Ya, back in the day I had a boss that used to run over in 21' open bow outboard..EARLY in the morning... I was thinking the hot ticket would be to go over Sat. morning..stay the night and come back Sun. morning...

stoker
10-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I have been over many times in a 17' Boston Whaler. My cousin (crazy) used to troll for marlin in a 14' Valco with a 6hp OB on the back.

FRENCHIE
10-11-2006, 12:05 PM
who all is goin??

shockwavebd
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
who all is goin??
I'll call ya.............. :crossx:

Pro Max
10-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I have been thinking about it for a long time but scarred from years of my dad telling me no way. I have a Magic 28 deck Boat Is it safe ? Do I need to call my insurance and tell thim I am going in the Ocean ?

INSman
10-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I'll call ya.............. :crossx:
Can you PM me details if in fact I am invited, as I may just bring the boat back this weekend?

INSman
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
pERSONALLY i WOULD NOT DO IT BUT i AM NOT A VETERAN of the Catalina runs.
Sorry about the caps
Don't be sorry, just edit your damn post !!! :boxingguy :D

mondorally
10-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I have been thinking about it for a long time but scarred from years of my dad telling me no way. I have a Magic 28 deck Boat Is it safe ? Do I need to call my insurance and tell thim I am going in the Ocean ?
I would check and see if Lake Pacific is excluded. We specifically included it on our policy with the corresponding upcharge.......
-Justin

Jordy
10-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I think if you were out early on a calm day and then planned on staying overnight and coming back early on the next calm day, and had a few other boats going with you just in case, then you might do it. Personally, I wouldn't do it in a deck boat. 30' with twins is about my comfort level as far as the smallest I'd want to go.
We had our hands full coming back to Newport 4th of July this year. Going out wasn't a big deal, but I still wouldn't want to be in an open bow anything. Just my $0.02 ;)

h2oski2fast
10-11-2006, 01:33 PM
The GMT has been to Catalina more times then most of the SCOPE guys:
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/gmt/gmt%20small/DSC00011sm.jpg

Havasu Luvr
10-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Can you PM me details if in fact I am invited, as I may just bring the boat back this weekend?
Damm, wanting a personal invite and all??? you MUST be special.... :rollside:

INSman
10-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Blaine....You should feel safer than me as you have twins and I only have a single. I am not making that trip by myself and there will be others along to help if something were to go wrong. Yes, your trailer will see the effects of saltwater down the road but the boat, if cleaned/flushed with salt away should not be a problem.
I did go with the galavtube trailer, so hoepfully it will not be a biggie.

INSman
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Damm, wanting a personal invite and all??? you MUST be special.... :rollside:
Aren't we ALL special in our own little way ??!!?? :idea: :D

Dan Lorenze
10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268103_0307_1.JPG
A Placecraft in Avalon... That kicks ASS!!! I wished I had the balls........

shockwavebd
10-11-2006, 03:34 PM
And he came out of ocean side........................ :sqeyes:

Dan Lorenze
10-11-2006, 03:38 PM
And he came out of ocean side........................ :sqeyes:
Damn.........
Barry, could I make it?

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-11-2006, 03:56 PM
The GMT has been to Catalina more times then most of the SCOPE guys:
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/gmt/gmt%20small/DSC00011sm.jpg
Nice....

shockwavebd
10-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Damn.........
Barry, could I make it?
I would not try if I were you ........things can change really fast out there...but if you do go let me know so I can take my video cam..... :cool:

Dan Lorenze
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I would not try if I were you ........things can change really fast out there...but if you do go let me know so I can take my video cam..... :cool:
Copy that..

98 Vector 21
10-11-2006, 04:29 PM
R.I.P. is right I remember that run...that was the 2nd to the last run we have made....

VanDeano
10-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Great pics...question for those who go there alot? What size boats are you running over there on average..judging by the pics it looks like anywhere from 24' to 38' Any feedback good bad or otherwise? I am looking to get into a 27' to 30' single engine deal for ocasional trips over to the island and some offshore running locally..thanks
I go there all the time in my 27" Carrera Deep V single w/502. I leave out of Long Beach. Going to Catalina from Long Beach is a nicer ride for me then going from Long Beach to Newport Beach :2purples: . Reason being is I find it easier hitting the waves head on then hitting them sideways. In the morning is the best time to head out or just before sunset.
I find winter time is when the ocean is the most calm :) . Definitely bring a rain jacket because your going to get wet:eek: There have been a few times I wish someone had a camera because I know I was getting bir AIR after coming off a 4" swell :jawdrop: . Most landing are smoother then others. I find I land smoother if I just stay on the stick then if I pulled back on the stick. Pulling back makes it feel like god himself dropped you from the sky. :cry:

VanDeano
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Where do you leave from? I'll be down for a run. Even though my outdrive plug is showing some metal shavings, im down. No need to worry about towing me in because Im a member of SEA TOW. I been towed in a few times before and it can be real expensive. I leave out of Long Beach near the Queen Mary. When do you plan on heading out?

squirt'nmyload
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I go there all the time in my 27" Carrera Deep V single w/502. I leave out of Long Beach. Going to Catalina from Long Beach is a nicer ride for me then going from Long Beach to Newport Beach :2purples: . Reason being is I find it easier hitting the waves head on then hitting them sideways. In the morning is the best time to head out or just before sunset.
I find winter time is when the ocean is the most calm :) . Definitely bring a rain jacket because your going to get wet:eek: There have been a few times I wish someone had a camera because I know I was getting bir AIR after coming off a 4" swell :jawdrop: . Most landing are smoother then others. I find I land smoother if I just stay on the stick then if I pulled back on the stick. Pulling back makes it feel like god himself dropped you from the sky. :cry:
wot is the way to go when your head on with them waves....what a rush!!!! and yes...got soaked.......and it is definately alot worse of a ride driving up the coast.....your explanation is dead on!!!!!

MBlaster
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
30' with twins is about my comfort level as far as the smallest I'd want to go.
My brother in law goes all the time with his buddys from MDR to Avalon on their PWC's...but then again he's crazy.

VanDeano
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Damn.........
Barry, could I make it?
If that is your boat in your pic, I wouldn't advise it, but that's just me. With that said, I have friends that go in a 10" zodiac all the time. I put their ball size right up with "squirt-n-my load" when he says the best way to do Catalina is WOT. :crossx:
But you don't have to do Catalina to have a great time out there. If you stay inside the break wall in Long Beach you'll find the water just is calm as any big lake with no "speed limit". And the view in my opinion is great. It is a nice change from looking "out at the ocean" to "looking in from the ocean". Especially at night out there, the city lights looks sweet. Gets me laid every time and Im an ugly mofo. :D

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-11-2006, 05:56 PM
If that is your boat in your pic, I wouldn't advise it, but that's just me. With that said, I have friends that go in a 10" zodiac all the time. I put their ball size right up with "squirt-n-my load" when he says the best way to do Catalina is WOT. :crossx:
But you don't have to do Catalina to have a great time out there. If you stay inside the break wall in Long Beach you'll find the water just is calm as any big lake with no "speed limit". And the view in my opinion is great. It is a nice change from looking "out at the ocean" to "looking in from the ocean". Especially at night out there, the city lights looks sweet. Gets me laid every time and Im an ugly mofo. :D
Thanks for the info..most of our time in the ocean would be spent like this..hanging out in the LBC...the thought of waking up on a Sunday morning knowing that the big blue is only 20 minutes away..sounds nice..getting my boat ready now just to go to Elsinore is a major chore..let alone 4.5 hours to parker for the weekend...damn if it was a perfect world i would have at least 2 boats.. 1 for the river and 1 for the ocean... :p

cola
10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
A smaller one at that. He came with a couple others from Oceanside. I think they ran the last hour home in the dark & fog. :rollside:

cola
10-11-2006, 06:08 PM
RIP! :cry:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268120_2031.JPG
Sorry :cry:

cola
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Ya, back in the day I had a boss that used to run over in 21' open bow outboard..EARLY in the morning... I was thinking the hot ticket would be to go over Sat. morning..stay the night and come back Sun. morning...
My wife & I do this in the winter. The room rates are ok this time of year, and theres cans to tie the boat on, un like in the summer.

VanDeano
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info..most of our time in the ocean would be spent like this..hanging out in the LBC...the thought of waking up on a Sunday morning knowing that the big blue is only 20 minutes away..sounds nice..getting my boat ready now just to go to Elsinore is a major chore..let alone 4.5 hours to parker for the weekend...damn if it was a perfect world i would have at least 2 boats.. 1 for the river and 1 for the ocean... :p
Well said....Im starting to get annoyed when it takes me over 15 mins to get to Long Beach. Im going to miss the summer night hours, there have been many times when I would go out after work. Kind of gave me a taste how it must be for people who live on the river..."I hate you guys". :crossx:

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Another question? For those who go out in the salt a lot....how does your boat hold up to the salt water? I know even with flushing out the drive and the engine etc...I still hear that there are a lot of issues??