PDA

View Full Version : 89 Wayne Mettler Canyon For sale!

mi pingue
06-14-2003, 10:52 AM
-If you have the balls I have the boat for you. Has been sitting in a garage for the last 6 years. 89-91 APBA unblown Alky points champ. Semi light with all anodized CNC"d hardware comes with Lenco air shift tranny and air shifted Casale.Adjustable motor mounts. This boat is ready for the lake or river.Installed 2 side tanks. trailer is included, if you want the motor I will include it also. PSI billet rotor supercharged BBC. I dont know MPH of the boat with this motor cause I dont have the balls to drive it that fast. Ran 138 @ 7.86 w/ old aspirated motor, it's faster now!. I'll take best offer or trade for larger boat. I'm tired of the guilt trip I get from my wife and kid's when I head to the lake without them. I dont want to let it go but I have to.If you want pic's I'll e-mail them, there are a couple under Billy B's party pic post on this site. Most of the people who attended the party know what it is. So guys help me out. Thanks, Matt 623-580-8321

wsuwrhr
06-14-2003, 11:40 AM
You are kidding right? You are selling that
bad-ass PSI blown boat? Geez get a new wife and family.....you can start by adopting me..
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-14-2003, 11:41 AM
I can trade you straight across for a family jet boat.

superdave013
06-14-2003, 11:55 AM
For those who have not seen this boat. Let me tell you that the hardware and rigging are stunning.
I guess the only thing wrong is I don't have the space to put it. I do have the injector hat to replace those carbs though! lol
I'm kinda shocked you're selling the engine with it myself. That would be just right in a B boat.

mi pingue
06-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I will seperate the boat and motor. The blower set up alone costs more than the hull! this sucks! I will look at all offers! I'm gonna lose my ass but who does'nt building a boat! Thanks, for the nice compliments on the ride, now get me a family boat or some cash and I'll really be happy! I'll build another one down the road, probably will be too old to have the balls to even start it!

superdave013
06-14-2003, 12:17 PM
God Damn, it's so tempting to off my schiada to make space for that!

wsuwrhr
06-14-2003, 12:36 PM
No shit Dave. I would love to put a foot to that boat.
Brian

mi pingue
06-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Lots of room in the Schiada, I like that!

superdave013
06-14-2003, 01:45 PM
mi pingue:
Lots of room in the Schiada, I like that! WTF, are you trying to get me in divorce court?? lol
If it was just me I'ed work out some kinda trade.

wsuwrhr
06-14-2003, 04:05 PM
AWWW come on Dave. Are you saying your WIFE is more attached to your Schiada than you are? Or are you just using that for a front because you know your plate you just bought won't match?
Mi pingues boat is already rigged. think of all the money you will save not getting those cav plates.
Brian

waterloged
06-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Do you have any pictures of this boat?

superdave013
06-14-2003, 05:28 PM
wsuwrhr:
AWWW come on Dave. Are you saying your WIFE is more attached to your Schiada than you are? Or are you just using that for a front because you know your plate you just bought won't match?
Mi pingues boat is already rigged. think of all the money you will save not getting those cav plates.
Brian I kow she's more attached then I am. Don't get me wrong, I really really like it. But I'm a flatbottom guy and always will be.
Right now I've got a 2 car attached garage in the front and a 2 car unattached in the back (my shop).
In the next year or so I'm going to add on to the one in the back. It will have another 2 car roll up door and about 10' between the doors. Then I'll have a spot to put another flat. I've still got a blown injected bbc just waiting for it. :D
I won't get rid of the schiada. Everyone should have a station wagon and a dragster right? Just a matter of time my friend.

mi pingue
06-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Dave, I feel the same way. Big boat/little boat

burbanite
06-15-2003, 08:54 AM
superdave013:
Everyone should have a station wagon and a dragster right? That will go down as one of my favorite quotes... :D

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:55 AM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12psi1.jpg
Here's a pic of the Canyon. This boat is owned by a good friend of mine. Haven't gone for a ride in it yet, but I hear you need a change of shorts when you do. It be faaaaast!

mi pingue
06-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Nice Pic Steve!

superdave013
06-15-2003, 06:42 PM
That pic does that boat no justice. I mean it looks good. Don't get me wrong on that. It's just the hardware and rigging is what really caught my eye.
Let's see some pics of the install please. :D

wsuwrhr
06-15-2003, 07:39 PM
I attest to the rigging on that boat. I saw this boat sitting in the boat launch area in Needles. As if the huge PSI screwcharger weren't enough, being the machinist I am, I noticed all the rigging was CNC machined, and red annodized.
From what I recall, the strut mount started out as a pretty large chunk of aluminum.
Nice set-up, I couldn't believe how much time went into rigging the boat.
I admire jobs like that.
Brian

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Here's a few examples of the rigging prior to the engine install months ago. I should see Matt tomorrow and I'll take some new pics of the boat and the installation and upload them then.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0070-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:05 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0068-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Prop selection http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0072-med.jpg

wsuwrhr
06-15-2003, 09:26 PM
The strut brace looks like it was machined out of one peice, nice work. Who did it?
I would love to get some jobs like that. There is nothing like machining parts for guys who really CARE about what they are putting together.
Sweet boat, I wish I could admire it in my garage.
Brian
[ June 15, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:32 PM
More pics I found. Still during installation, but you should get the idea. http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0020aa-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:33 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0019aa-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0021-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0067-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:35 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0022-med.jpg

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:37 PM
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/12dscf0011-med.jpg
Pics from Jan 03

SteveGB
06-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Matt, that's all the pics I could find, nothing real recent showing the final install details, etc.
Hope it helps! Keep me in mind about the PSI, it would go real nice in my Daytona hehehe.

mi pingue
06-16-2003, 05:11 AM
no prob Steve. Thanks agaon for the pics. kinda looks like the boat went together in a pig stye!

SteveGB
06-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Hey Matt, call me about the PSI :)

mi pingue
06-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Lots of interest, already had an offer. thanks for the calls, but where's my bigger boat in trade or cash?

Unchained
06-17-2003, 05:30 PM
How long have you owned that flatbottom Matt?
Didn't you just sell a jet boat in January or February?
Mark

mi pingue
06-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Yep, I gave away my Edge for this hull.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-17-2003, 06:36 PM
This goes out to everyone who needs to hear it!!! :)
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two eek! -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D

Kurtis500
06-17-2003, 07:28 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two eek! -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D I fully agree. So I got a v-drive daycruiser and kept the Flat..and hydro..and the other hydro.. :D :D

GofastRacer
06-17-2003, 08:04 PM
mi pingue:
Yep, I gave away my Edge for this hull. Yep, you did a very wise move, you just got the wrong type of hull for what you wanted to do! :)

smalls
06-17-2003, 09:28 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two eek! -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D Amen to that :D
[ June 17, 2003, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

uclahater
06-18-2003, 08:16 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two eek! -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D Be careful of advice thats given from the 36 year old single guy. :rolleyes: :p

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-18-2003, 02:12 PM
uclahater:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
This goes out to everyone who needs to hear it!!!
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D Be careful of advice thats given from the 36 year old single guy. :rolleyes: :p Or you can go with the 33 year old Al bundy (UCLAHATER), and pump out (literally) six kids by your early 30's!!!! jawdrop ROALMAO!! smile_sp smile_sp

uclahater
06-18-2003, 09:09 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
uclahater:
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
This goes out to everyone who needs to hear it!!!
Its O.K. to get a family boat... but its not O.K. to sell the hot rod boat!!!! If you must decide between the two -your wife will eventually get over it!! :D :D Be careful of advice thats given from the 36 year old single guy. :rolleyes: :p Or you can go with the 33 year old Al bundy (UCLAHATER), and pump out (literally) six kids by your early 30's!!!! jawdrop ROALMAO!! smile_sp smile_sp Hey Larry Flint my daughter is only 7 years younger then your soon to be wife yuk

SteveGB
06-18-2003, 09:10 PM
It's a tough choice to make for sure. Just have to get a family hot rod then. All you need is $$$.

SteveGB
06-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Hey Matt give me a call again. Thanks

mi pingue
06-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Just got an awesome offer of 6550.00 for my hull and 13,550 for the whole package. what should I do?

GofastRacer
06-22-2003, 05:54 PM
mi pingue:
Just got an awesome offer of 6550.00 for my hull and 13,550 for the whole package. what should I do? Matt, personally I would take the $6550.00 and keep the motor, there's some good "B" type boats out there for that price!..Just my .02!.. :rolleyes:

superdave013
06-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Well, you haven't had it for sale that long ya know.

BILLY.B
06-22-2003, 07:09 PM
mi pingue:
Just got an awesome offer of 6550.00 for my hull and 13,550 for the whole package. what should I do? C-mon Matt, what happened to getting the Biesemeyer and putting the PSI engine in it. I was only kidding when I said it would tip over if you turned it to sharp :D . Did you ever call the ph# I gave you?. Last I heard he still had the boat. And if you listen to V-Drive dude you will be in deep sh-t. We will see what happens to his worldly advise after he say's I DOOOOOO!!! :D eek! :D argue

GofastRacer
06-22-2003, 07:18 PM
BILLY.B
[QB] [QUOTE]I was only kidding when I said it would tip over if you turned it to sharpThat's too funny!. :D :D :D BTW, who's sellin a "B" boat? :)

mi pingue
06-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Billy, Called the guy got his Mom or Grandmother , She said she would relay the message. He never called! Are guys saying I should sell the hull that cheap, I looked at a few hulls before I got this one and none of then were remotely close in quality, I would like to see somebody build this boat for 6500.00. what is up?

GofastRacer
06-22-2003, 09:11 PM
mi pingue:
Billy, Called the guy got his Mom or Grandmother , She said she would relay the message. He never called! Are guys saying I should sell the hull that cheap, I looked at a few hulls before I got this one and none of then were remotely close in quality, I would like to see somebody build this boat for 6500.00. what is up? Matt, it's worth a hell of a lot more than that and you could never build that boat for less than double that price, but is there anybody beating down your door with $15,000 CASH in hand for it?? :mad: Hell no, so it depends on how bad you want another boat!. Everybody wants mine for free too, F**K them, I ain't selling it!. My GN boat will just have to wait!. :)

BILLY.B
06-23-2003, 05:27 AM
Matt, I agree with GOFAST, the boat is worth alot more then $6500.00 bucks, but and thats a big "BUT", how bad do you want to sell it??. if you let it go for that amount someone will be getting a hell of a boat. On the other boat topic I'd call the lady back and see whats up. If you really are interested in it and they don't call you back let me know, i'll call the dad again and bust the kids balls!!! :D

mi pingue
06-23-2003, 06:10 AM
looks like i will be attending Red Rock after all! Right on!

mi pingue
06-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Yes I'm intersted in it, I dont have his # any more. Help a brotha out my # 623-580-8321

mi pingue
06-23-2003, 06:14 AM
Billy< Just found his # I will try again, Thanks, Matt

mi pingue
06-23-2003, 06:19 AM
Billy, I have the wrong # for the guy, If you cab find the right one let me know! Matt

smalls
06-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Mi Pingue, Check your PM's

uclahater
06-24-2003, 05:31 PM
BILLY.B:
mi pingue:
Just got an awesome offer of 6550.00 for my hull and 13,550 for the whole package. what should I do? C-mon Matt, what happened to getting the Biesemeyer and putting the PSI engine in it. I was only kidding when I said it would tip over if you turned it to sharp :D . Did you ever call the ph# I gave you?. Last I heard he still had the boat. And if you listen to V-Drive dude you will be in deep sh-t. We will see what happens to his worldly advise after he say's I DOOOOOO!!! :D eek! :D argue Billy V-drive will be putting his boat up for sale soon :D !! The question is will she make him sell it to pay for the wedding eek! or will she wait till after their married and make him sell it and buy a deck boat cry

126driver
06-24-2003, 06:34 PM
uclahater:
Billy V-drive will be putting his boat up for sale soon :D !! The question is will she make him sell it to pay for the wedding eek! or will she wait till after their married and make him sell it and buy a deck boat cry LMAO! Say it ain't so JG! jawdrop Does she have a special silk purse for your balls too? :D :D devil

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-24-2003, 08:07 PM
uclahater:
BILLY.B: And if you listen to V-Drive dude you will be in deep sh-t. We will see what happens to his worldly advise after he say's I DOOOOOO!!! D eek! Billy V-drive will be putting his boat up for sale soon :D !! The question is will she make him sell it to pay for the wedding eek! or will she wait till after their married and make him sell it and buy a deck boat cry [/QB]Listen to yourself...All you type is "she's gonna make him this and make him that"!! Just because you've surrendered your p-nuts to the allmighty wify, don't assume I will!! :cool: Its called manhood eek! ...start representin!!! wink

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-24-2003, 08:12 PM
126driver
LMAO! Say it ain't so JG! jawdrop Does she have a special silk purse for your balls too? :D :D devil [/QB]She had a silk purse until I took it for the new boat cover I'm making for ss-126. I would hate that nice paint job to get too dusty from sitting in the garage all season long!!!LMAO :)

126driver
06-25-2003, 06:06 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
126driver
LMAO! Say it ain't so JG! jawdrop Does she have a special silk purse for your balls too? :D :D devil She had a silk purse until I took it for the new boat cover I'm making for ss-126. I would hate that nice paint job to get too dusty from sitting in the garage all season long!!!LMAO :) [/QB]Hey - thanks! I didn't know you took up knitting. :D Are you practicing for when you'll need to knit some baby booties? :p :D

BILLY.B
06-25-2003, 06:19 AM
BOY'S BOY'S, can't we all just get along :p . V-Drive will be the one to show us all how's it's done, just ask him, his deal will be different. He says he still wears the pants, I got a hundie that says she says which ones to put on :D :D :p

126driver
06-25-2003, 06:36 AM
BILLY.B:
BOY'S BOY'S, can't we all just get along :p . V-Drive will be the one to show us all how's it's done, just ask him, his deal will be different. He says he still wears the pants, I got a hundie that says she says which ones to put on :D :D :p It's all good JG. You know it's said with love. wink We all know you'll represent for us. eek! :p

uclahater
06-25-2003, 07:43 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
uclahater:
BILLY.B: And if you listen to V-Drive dude you will be in deep sh-t. We will see what happens to his worldly advise after he say's I DOOOOOO!!! D eek! Billy V-drive will be putting his boat up for sale soon :D !! The question is will she make him sell it to pay for the wedding eek! or will she wait till after their married and make him sell it and buy a deck boat cry Listen to yourself...All you type is "she's gonna make him this and make him that"!! Just because you've surrendered your p-nuts to the allmighty wify, don't assume I will!! :cool: Its called manhood eek! ...start representin!!! wink [/QB]I think I represent pretty well.Dont know to many that have the freedom that I do!!! Well see if you will have the same kind of freedom!!! From what it sounds like your going to be busy nitting a silk boat cover. Just remenber your wife to be is on good behavior until you say I DOOOOOOOO. Than will see how you REPRESENT

Backfire
06-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Pingue-
I spoke to you briefly at Needles and took a bunch of pics of your rigging because it's the most unique setup I've ever seen!
About moving up to a larger boat: It's a natural progression for any guy that's honestly serious about including his family in the fun. That is why most guys who are old enough to have any money are looking for boats like Dave's and why flatbottoms are not in very high demand. Although that thing is gorgeous, I suspect that $6500 without the engine and trans is pretty close to a "fair deal" price IF you want to see it sell. A quick scan of the Recycler and Ebay will show you what the competition is, and keep in mind, even the guys who know and love these things usually want to buy them in "project" form (in other words, CHEAP!!) Maybe one of the younger fanatics with some bucks will fall in love with your boat and be willing to give you a fair price, but I wouldn't bet on it!
Another thought...the guy who crashed his Mako at Needles might be looking?
[ June 25, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Backfire ]

mi pingue
06-25-2003, 05:30 PM
I cant imagine selling that cheap. If it comesdown to it then I may. Iv'v spoken toseveral people about there circle boats and them wanting considerably more for less boat. I'm not knocking these guys cause they have nice boats. I may just keep it and build another boat. I like it that much. I have been to the races for many years and have'nt seen rigging of this caliber on but a few boats. I also made a mistake on who built the boat.Carter Reed built the boat and Mettlar did the bottom work.So I wanted to clear that up. I would still like to find a Circle boat "preferrably like Billy's hull cause the thing stands out. I would feel a lot safer in it. I chimed in last friday going pretty fast hitting a roller and it had me close to a head stand w/ death grip on the steering wheel. Fire extinguisher broke loose and flew out along w/passenger seat cushion. The boat is made to go fast w/experienced driver and optimal conditions, I need a optimal boat for an unexperienced driver!Backfire I appreciate your input! Thanks, Matt

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-25-2003, 05:48 PM
I'm sticking to my guns, its o.k. to have your big cushy family boat...but when you feel the need for explosive acceleration, big speed, and sports car handling, nothin beats a big horsepower circle boat (or gurus canyon :D )! I understand that for some, older age and families can change a guys prioritys, but for the rest of us adrenaline addicts, the rush can't be ignored!! Call it a disease!!! :)

GofastRacer
06-25-2003, 06:10 PM
mi pingue:
I cant imagine selling that cheap. If it comesdown to it then I may. Iv'v spoken toseveral people about there circle boats and them wanting considerably more for less boat. I'm not knocking these guys cause they have nice boats. I may just keep it and build another boat. I like it that much. I have been to the races for many years and have'nt seen rigging of this caliber on but a few boats. I also made a mistake on who built the boat.Carter Reed built the boat and Mettlar did the bottom work.So I wanted to clear that up. I would still like to find a Circle boat "preferrably like Billy's hull cause the thing stands out. I would feel a lot safer in it. I chimed in last friday going pretty fast hitting a roller and it had me close to a head stand w/ death grip on the steering wheel. Fire extinguisher broke loose and flew out along w/passenger seat cushion. The boat is made to go fast w/experienced driver and optimal conditions, I need a optimal boat for an unexperienced driver!Backfire I appreciate your input! Thanks, Matt Not so much you're inexperienced, your boat is not for that kind of water. If you're keeping that blown motor, look for a K Boat, there has to some around!.. wink

GofastRacer
06-25-2003, 06:15 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I'm sticking to my guns, its o.k. to have your big cushy family boat...but when you feel the need for explosive acceleration, big speed, and sports car handling, nothin beats a big horsepower circle boat (or gurus canyon :D )! I understand that for some, older age and families can change a guys prioritys, but for the rest of us adrenaline addicts, the rush can't be ignored!! Call it a disease!!! :) Couldn't agree with ya more!. :) But WTF is this shit?? "older age and families can change a guys prioritys" :rolleyes:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-25-2003, 06:35 PM
GofastRacer:
Couldn't agree with ya more!. :) But WTF is this shit?? "older age and families can change a guys prioritys" :rolleyes [/QB]Art, I'm just trying to be compassionate to all. I'm definately not referring to you! :cool: As you know, we have a lot of sensitive folks on these boards. :)

superdave013
06-25-2003, 07:16 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I'm sticking to my guns, its o.k. to have your big cushy family boat...but when you feel the need for explosive acceleration, big speed, and sports car handling, nothin beats a big horsepower circle boat (or gurus canyon :D )! I understand that for some, older age and families can change a guys prioritys, but for the rest of us adrenaline addicts, the rush can't be ignored!! Call it a disease!!! :) Humm, sounds like when I get the stationwagon done I'll have to square off with Mr Video and see how my cushy boat stacks up in the acceleration dept. :D

GofastRacer
06-25-2003, 07:17 PM
LOL, I knew that just raggin on your ass!!.. :)

mi pingue
06-25-2003, 07:27 PM
What about this old shit! I aint old, Just a puss! behind the wheel of something I aint comfortable with. My family loves this boat and my wife thinks I can drive just fine, she does'nt undestand that driving this boat is alot harder than the trophy truck!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-25-2003, 07:43 PM
superdave013:
Humm, sounds like when I get the stationwagon done I'll have to square off with Mr Video and see how my cushy boat stacks up in the acceleration dept. D [/QB]Thats fine dave, but in my book "Big Red" doesn't qualify has a cushy family boat. Maybe you have another skiff that you refer to as your stationwagon?? :confused: :) :) Speaking of Big Red, when is the projected unvieling? Red Rock?? :cool:

Backfire
06-25-2003, 07:57 PM
I kept a Litchfield runnerbottom around for 8 years after I refurbished my first, and then second v-drive cruiser. It just didn't get any use after that and I wasn't keeping up with the maintenance, so I began to try to sell it for $3850. Three years later, I sold it for $3500 because I refused to go lower and it was essentially turn key, but nowhere near as nice as yours. Truthfully, if you've got the time to lead two seperate boating lives and required maintenance, you should be able to find a 21' cruiser fairly cheap if you are patient.Kurtis500 recently bought a 21 Howard that had languished in the trader for months at $5500. My Lebel 21' cost me a fraction of that (in '98) after a month in the Recycler. If you'd still use the flat, JUST REFUSE TO SELL CHEAP!

BILLY.B
06-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Matt I'll call the dad today and get the ph# again. if you get a chance call me at the shop, 909-982-8555. :cool:
[ June 26, 2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: BILLY.B ]

SteveGB
06-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Personally, I'd hold onto the boat, save up for a family ride, or hold out for a better offer.