PDA

View Full Version : ROD BERNSEN! What an idiot....

Kilrtoy
10-11-2006, 09:17 AM
So this clown is an ex-cop, worked for the news media, did reports on child molestors and now himself is accused of fondling LITTLE BOYS on a cruise ship....
WHAT A PIE HOLE.... :rolleyes:

Mandelon
10-11-2006, 09:18 AM
When I first heard that on the news, I thought it was Corbin Bernson... LOL

Liquid Courage
10-11-2006, 09:19 AM
When I first heard that on the news, I thought it was Corbin Bernson... LOL
It's his cousin.

RitcheyRch
10-11-2006, 09:29 AM
What an idiot. Heard the report on the news this morning. Throw him in jail in general population and be done with him.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-11-2006, 10:13 AM
It's called "Projection". According to Freud, projection is when someone is threatened by or afraid of their own impulses so they attribute these impulses to someone else.
I used to work for a guy who was obsessed with security - always thought people were stealing from the company. Turned out a couple of years later he got popped for embezzlement. Child molesters constantly turn up as coaches or clowns or counsellors, or often the people that regulate them.
Be suspicious of both ends of every spectrum, regardless of what it is.

moneypit
10-11-2006, 10:59 AM
They must have had some pretty good evidence on him. Otherwse I couldnt see them going forward with this.
Funny. I was watching Channel 5 KTLA this morning and they mentioned it briefly. Then I switched to Fox and they werent saying nuttin. Oh and whats her name is as irritating as hell!

moneypit
10-11-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1143508&version=10&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Kilrtoy
10-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Ofcourse not it is one of their own, They would never do them dirtry unlike th erest of us, who they would turn our lives inside out .....
bail is set at $850,000K.
I guess the feds are pretty serious about this one....

Kachina26
10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I liked Rod Bernson, both on Fox and KFI. Too bad he's got a F$cked up head.

wsuwrhr
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Sir, I believe the correct term is police chief
Brian
So this clown is an ex-cop, worked for the news media, did reports on child molestors and now himself is accused of fondling LITTLE BOYS on a cruise ship....
WHAT A PIE HOLE.... :rolleyes:

98 Vector 21
10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Ofcourse not it is one of their own, They would never do them dirtry unlike th erest of us, who they would turn our lives inside out .....
bail is set at $850,000K.
I guess the feds are pretty serious about this one....
I heard his home in Colorado was put up as bail and its valued at $850.

somis
10-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Could be this story needs time to develope. Just does not seem right.

RiverToysJas
10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
General rule.....Never let your kids around anyone named "Rod". That's just good advice. ;)
RTJas :D

DesertGirl
10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I heard on the news this morning that his toe "accidentally" touched a boy inappropriateley. True ? False? I dunno, but that doesn't make it any better!

SHOTKALLIN
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Sir, I believe the correct term is police chief
Brian
Chester or "Rob" as his mother calls him was only a SGT. for LAPD.
I saw him on the news, he was smiling from ear to ear when he was released from court. How could you be smiling?

SHOTKALLIN
10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
John and Ken from KFI read the FBI afidavid (sp) on the air. this guy is a sick fucc. Definitely a pedophile.

wsuwrhr
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
OK sargent then,
Chester ey?
Nice name
Brian
Chester or "Rob" as his mother calls him was only a SGT. for LAPD.
I saw him on the news, he was smiling from ear to ear when he was released from court. How could you be smiling?

SHOTKALLIN
10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I heard on the news this morning that his toe "accidentally" touched a boy inappropriateley. True ? False? I dunno, but that doesn't make it any better!
The report said he stroked the boy with his foot or something along those lines.

lewiville
10-11-2006, 09:20 PM
i wounder if when he goes to jail if he will ends up in front of the guys he put away, like BUBBA :skull:

SHOTKALLIN
10-11-2006, 09:33 PM
i wounder if when he goes to jail if he will ends up in front of the guys he put away, like BUBBA :skull:
he might end up stroking bubba but I dont think there will be any feet involved. :crossx:

VanDeano
10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
They must have had some pretty good evidence on him. Otherwse I couldnt see them going forward with this.
Funny. I was watching Channel 5 KTLA this morning and they mentioned it briefly. Then I switched to Fox and they werent saying nuttin. Oh and whats her name is as irritating as hell!
I don't know what fox station you were watching but they had major coverage on this. They even had a reporter staked out at the police station. They even stated that he worked at FOX and even played some old tape of when he worked at FOX. Even Dorthy Lucy was so upset she couldn't talk. But leave it to Steve to bring it on home!

Kilrtoy
10-13-2006, 07:38 PM
he worked media Relations, he never worked the streets

HMF'er
10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
How do you promote to Sergeant without ever working the streets?

Kilrtoy
10-13-2006, 07:49 PM
How do you promote to Sergeant without ever working the streets?
Come on , Im sure there are a few in your neck of the woods,
everyone has them

HMF'er
10-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Come on , Im sure there are a few in your neck of the woods,
everyone has them
Large agencies may be different. I do know some that have worked the streets without ever really working the streets.

scooooter7
10-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I heard he was in an "Adults Only" sauna and the two boys (about 12 years old) kept going in and getting kicked out.
Might just be retaliatory.

RP2
10-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Not true... maybe at school police you can leave the academy and go straight to an office job... he did not though.

BoatPI
10-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Everyone might want to see this play out..remember the psyco Jon Benne "killer", and Mc Martin Pre School mess. Not trying to defend him, but child related crimes, and types like this when perhaps no physical evidence is present are difficult to investigate. Just think of the few school teachers that were falsley charged in the past few years by BS paybacks from students. I think the best thought would be keeping an open mind. But if he is a perv, time to lock him up.

Kilrtoy
10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Not true... maybe at school police you can leave the academy and go straight to an office job... he did not though.
OK :rolleyes:

RP2
10-15-2006, 01:43 PM
OK :rolleyes:
Typical KLR... classic... you are a legend in your own mind. If you are wrong, it can't be true. :cry:

SHOTKALLIN
10-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Lmfao

SHOTKALLIN
10-15-2006, 03:05 PM
The FBI report said nothing about adult only sauna. It did say that Rod was attempting to make sauna dates 2 or 3 different times with the boys. It also said that one boy told his dad that Rod spanked him and the dads response was something like I told not to be messing around in the sauna area. Like maybe he was a bad child and deserved the spank. WTF?

ratso
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Hmm... bashing Kilrtoy and defending a child molester. :idea: I don't care if the guy was a Chief OR a Sergeant... Bottom line he is a piece of shit.

Kilrtoy
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Typical KLR... classic... you are a legend in your own mind. If you are wrong, it can't be true. :cry:
Every single agency has people that do there 18 month probation in the field with a T.O. and then gone inside to never see the streets again and rise up the ranks. It sucks being wrong, but I rarely if ever am and this is not one of those times....

JB in so cal
10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Every single agency has people that do there 18 month probation in the field with a T.O. and then gone inside to never see the streets again and rise up the ranks. It sucks being wrong, but I rarely if ever am and this is not one of those times....
except for some spelling, punctuation and usage rules maybe :)

SHOTKALLIN
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Kilr just admited that he is wrong....sometimes.
You better have Yvonne check your forehead Miguel. You might have a fever.
:D

Kilrtoy
10-15-2006, 04:05 PM
except for some spelling, punctuation and usage rules maybe :)
That is the kings english, I use
or atleast i think it is :boxed:

Kilrtoy
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Kilr just admited that he is wrong....sometimes.
You better have Yvonne check your forehead Miguel. You might have a fever.
:D
I do have a fever and a back ache..... :rollside:

RP2
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Where was he for those eighteen months... in the trunk of the car? You stated "he never worked the street". Eighteen months with a T.O. (in the sreet) Jesus the school security is tougher than any angecy I know of then.

BoatPI
10-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Not that it matters, but he worked 77th Street Division in his early years.

boater72
06-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Everyone might want to see this play out..remember the psyco Jon Benne "killer", and Mc Martin Pre School mess. Not trying to defend him, but child related crimes, and types like this when perhaps no physical evidence is present are difficult to investigate. Just think of the few school teachers that were falsley charged in the past few years by BS paybacks from students. I think the best thought would be keeping an open mind. But if he is a perv, time to lock him up.
I would have to agree on keeping an open mind.

shippingguy
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Found NOT GUILTY yesterday.

BoatPI
06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Now that he was found NOT GUILTY in 3 1/2 hours by a jury, keeping and open mind is the operative phrase here. I did note in news reports that the U.S. Attorney would not make a comment.

Big Warlock
06-12-2007, 07:55 AM
I find that hard to believe when the jury here found him guilty months ago????:D

HavaSkank
06-12-2007, 08:02 AM
I dont think he's a predator. I think he's a pompus ass that told the boys he was a big TV News star from LA and the boys saw dollar signs.
We live in a litigious society and kids learn that shit from their parents. It's real easy to call wolf when there's a potential purse attached.
From what I understand, the boys stories changed a few times, which is a major red flag. He'll never work in the media again, which is no sweat off our balls, but having your name tarnished like that is a life sentence.

Schiada76
06-12-2007, 08:15 AM
When I was a teenager some little girls around the corner from a friend of mines thought it would be funny to call the cops on us for "trying" to molest them.:rolleyes: Three of us were hangin in his front yard when the cops pulled up to interview us. The little girls parents got called in by the police for their little brat kids making a false report.
They were pissed because we were ignoring them.:rolleyes:

ratso
06-12-2007, 08:20 AM
I find that hard to believe when the jury here found him guilty months ago????:D
LMAO...:D

OutCole'd
06-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Classic HB mentality, got to love it.:D

westair
06-12-2007, 08:27 AM
All someone has to do is accuse you of something like this with just
their word, no proof and your f**ked until you can prove otherwise.

OCMerrill
06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Spot on. What happens if he is found Innocent? I will criticize after the jury rules.

BoatFloating
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I think he's a pompus ass that told the boys he was a big TV News star from LA and the boys saw dollar signs.
He'll never work in the media again, which is no sweat off our balls, but having your name tarnished like that is a life sentence.
Just so you know at the time of the incident he was retired from Fox 11 and was no longer on the air at KFI. I don't think he would ever be confused with a big TV news guy. He was on Fox 11 today saying his motto when he was a police officer was "he never arrested an innocent person". He said today he really needs to rethink all what he did before. The case the US Atty had was really weak and never should have got to this point. But like he said today he'll forever have an arrest record with the FBI, state and local LAPD that will be on his record until he dies. If I were him I'd have them boys and their parents in the court and sue them....

Windy
06-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Its sad really that people are so quick to judge...Ive seen a school teacher lose his teaching credential over kids making a false claim. He was cleared of all charges, but it ruined his career.

Baja Big Dog
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Just so you know at the time of the incident he was retired from Fox 11 and was no longer on the air at KFI. I don't think he would ever be confused with a big TV news guy. He was on Fox 11 today saying his motto when he was a police officer was "he never arrested an innocent person". He said today he really needs to rethink all what he did before. The case the US Atty had was really weak and never should have got to this point. But like he said today he'll forever have an arrest record with the FBI, state and local LAPD that will be on his record until he dies. If I were him I'd have them boys and their parents in the court and sue them....
Youre great BoatFloating...you saved me a lot of typing, the interview this morning on Fox 11 was interesting, and contrary to what one of the hangman said earlier, Fox reported this story from the get go, and they supported him, sounds like the fed case was shit and it was yet another waste of OUR tax money putting this guy on trial.
The US atty had "no comment" about thetrial becasuse they knew they had their asses handed to them.
They wont release the name of the kids because of there age....Fok them...

INSman
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Assuming he is innocent as found, his reputation is trashed beyond repair. Hate to see this type of thing happen and effect one's ability to make a living in the future.

HavasuSelect
06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
That's true of felonies but not misdemeanors or infractions.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 03:13 PM
That is my new signiature.. :D
RD

HavaSkank
06-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Tom Leykis needs to be on this one like stink on shit. He released the name of Kobe Bryant's accuser and the Duke Lacrosse player's accuser.

BoatFloating
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Youre great BoatFloating...you saved me a lot of typing, the interview this morning on Fox 11 was interesting, and contrary to what one of the hangman said earlier, Fox reported this story from the get go, and they supported him, sounds like the fed case was shit and it was yet another waste of OUR tax money putting this guy on trial.
The US atty had "no comment" about thetrial becasuse they knew they had their asses handed to them.
I did what Rod Bernsen said and googled his name. Pretty disgusting when you see it and he's now innocent... Try it...

BoatFloating
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I did what Rod Bernsen said and googled his name. Pretty disgusting when you see it and he's now innocent... Try it...

Boatcop
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Juries don't find people innocent. If they believe the defendant's liar... I mean lawyer, more then they believe the state's liar.... damn, I did it again... lawyer, then they find them "Not Guilty". A far cry from "innocent".
You hear from juries all the time that they thought the guy did it, but the prosecution just didn't prove the case.
After all, how many people actually believe O.J. is "innocent"?

ratso
06-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Juries don't find people innocent. If they believe the defendant's liar... I mean lawyer, more then they believe the state's liar.... damn, I did it again... lawyer, then they find them "Not Guilty". A far cry from "innocent".
You hear from juries all the time that they thought the guy did it, but the prosecution just didn't prove the case.
Exactly what I was thinking... and how much has Michael Jackson paid out to "prove" he is innocent?http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

BoatFloating
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
So you're saying a man in blue is quilty?????:eek:

PHOTOGLOU
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow interesting to hear this side in public from you..... Black or White innocent or guilty same backwards.... I think there are 3 sides to this story....

HokeySon
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Boatcop;2616500]Juries don't find people innocent. If they believe the defendant's liar... I mean lawyer, more then they believe the state's liar.... damn, I did it again... lawyer, then they find them "Not Guilty". A far cry from "innocent".
QUOTE]
What a load of crap! Defendants are "innocent" until proven guilty, so if they are not proven guilty to the jury's satisfaction, they are innocent.
I do not know whether this guy did somethng bad or not -- and neither do you. Your implication that he is a far cry from "innocent" is just wrong and is the reason people can destroy other's lives with unsubstantiated accusations.

ratso
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=Boatcop;2616500]Juries don't find people innocent. If they believe the defendant's liar... I mean lawyer, more then they believe the state's liar.... damn, I did it again... lawyer, then they find them "Not Guilty". A far cry from "innocent".
QUOTE]
What a load of crap! Defendants are "innocent" until proven guilty, so if they are not proven guilty to the jury's satisfaction, they are innocent.
I do not know whether this guy did somethng bad or not -- and neither do you. Your implication that he is a far cry from "innocent" is just wrong and is the reason people can destroy other's lives with unsubstantiated accusations.
Tell us your views on Michael Jackson and OJ... hotshot...;)

ratso
06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
QUOTE]
...proven guilty by people too dumb to get out of jury duty??? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Boatcop
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
So you're saying a man in blue is quilty?????:eek:
Believe it or not, not all Police Officers stand behind the "Blue Wall of Silence". If someone's broken the law, they should pay the price. No matter what color suit they wear.
Although almost all PDs and SOs have extensive screening processes, some bad one's get through. And they're the ones that give the good guys a bad name.
There's been more than one Deputy Sheriff that's now either out of a job and career or spent time in jail, because I wouldn't turn my back and ignore their wrong-doings. Officers who look the other way and allow corruption or criminal activity to occur among their ranks are no better than the ones committing the crimes.
Wow interesting to hear this side in public from you..... Black or White innocent or guilty same backwards.... I think there are 3 sides to this story....
The only difference between defense lawyers and prosecutors is experience and paycheck. Most prosecutors are very new to the job, and there just to gain experience. The best prosecutors end up being defense attorneys, since they know the routine, and can earn more from defending 1 case than they can from prosecuting 100.
Take almost anyone arrested and charged with DUI. Whether they're found guilty or not often depends on how much money they have to pay a defense attorney. They know they were drunk. The prosecutor and defense knows they were drunk. Hell, even the judge and jury knows they were drunk. But they're found "not guilty" because a smart experienced lawyer knows how to work the loopholes and find "technicalities".
Now they might be "Not Guilty", but they're far from "Innocent".
I can honestly say that in more than 30 years in law enforcement, no one I've arrested and filed charges on has been found "Not Guilty", or had charges dismissed.

Mongo
06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=HokeySon;2616605]
...proven guilty by people too dumb to get out of jury duty??? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
What?? Do you want to go trial or have a family member or a friend "proven guilty by people too dumb to get out of jury duty" How about stepping up to the plate and doing your civic duty? No wonder you live in Waco.

Liquid Courage
06-13-2007, 03:51 AM
I actually know Roddy personally. He's been a family friend for a very long time. We were quite suprised when all this came about. I personally believe he's innocent (not, not guilty but INNOCENT). But like he explained in the media, once you've been accused of something like this, there's always doubt in everyones mind, that is what is a shame.

HavaSkank
06-13-2007, 06:21 AM
I use to do Death Penalty and LWOP (life without parole) investigations for the Public Def Office. I was shocked and horrified to learn of the misconduct that occurrs throughout various LE agencies.
Dont get me wrong, 98% of the defendants were absolutely guilty based on the initial investigation and deserve to fry like bacon; however, I found a few detectives liked to embellish their reports, or put words in witnesses mouths. It was always so unnecessary too, which was mind boggling to me. You have to fear for the 2% that "didn't do it" that also fall victim to an over zealous suit who wants to close a case.
Im a HUGE LE supporter, but I've also been around the block enough times to know not all deserve sainthood.
Oh yeah, I still think Rod didnt do it and these little punkass bitches should turn 18 and get accused of something similar, just so they can choke on their own medicine.