PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Laveycraft/The Camire Family

Family4Day
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
As someone who posts on here not too often, I needed to post this. Everyone thinks their boat builder is the best and that is the way it should b or we'd never go writing checks with a bunch of zero's behind it to them. we are happy with our Laveycraft. What I wanted to to thank is the owners, the Camires. Usually, you buy a boat, watch it being built, pick it up, see the builders at the regatta once a year and maybe stop in the factory 1 or 2 times a year when you are in the area. You do not expect to get a handwritten letter for your wife and family when times are bad. The last thing i expected to get was a letter with thoughts and prayers for my wife who was undergoing surgery. You expect it from family, friends, coworkers, etc. Not your boat builder! Let me back track. this year has sucked! I shattered my knee on a fire, was off for 5 months. Then we went thru a lawsuit that almost forced the sale of our boat. End of August, my wife goes in to the hospital one night for possible appendicitis and ends up with a mass around an ovary. It progressed and progressed and we had delayed registering for the regatta. We ended up going and the kids had fun, but my wife was in pain, but she held strong. Almost 2 weeks ago now she had surgery to remove a tumor that had progressed to the size of a volleyball. It also required a complete hysterectomy. Not what she wanted at 31, but hopefully all potential bad cells have been removed. We get her home from the hospital and going thru the mail she finds a letter from laveycraft/ the camires. I think that one touched us the most. now just waiting and praying for good results on the biopsy, i had to thank them where others that know them could also see what kind of people they are. So from myself, my wife and our kids, thank you for thinking of us and we consider you our friends. To everyone else, hope to see you on the water real soon! And yes it is a laveycraft with flames! the name on the back is Rekindle. Say hello I'll have a beer waiting for you.
Todd, Sophia, Travis & Scott lambert

That Guy
10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Very nice gesture and shows some real class. Best of luck to your wife and family.... :)

kphayes
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your set backs in life recently and I hope all goes well with your wife.
And it's nice to hear about your boat builder and thier family taking the time to express their well wishes.

RiverToysJas
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
I have never regretted chosing Laveycraft. Not only the Camires, but the entire Laveycraft family is made up of good people.
Prayers for your family F4D!!!
RTJas :D

Keith E. Sayre
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Notice how you never hear problems or drama from certain
boat companies? Laveycraft is certainly one of them.
I don't know the Camire family personally but all I hear is good from their customers. That's the way it ought to be.
They also build what most consider to be fantastic boats!
Not that I noticed! Maybe some of the best gelcoat in the
business too.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

DCBDaytona
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Jeff and Chris are FIRST CLASS, bottomline!

Mandelon
10-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I sure hope everything works out alright for you and your family. Nice to hear Lavey is like that. I've always been happy with mine.

syke-o
10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
great story and i like everyone else on here wishes the best for your your wife

Chipster27
10-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Great message, thanks for posting. I wish the best for your wife and family.

hotlavey
10-11-2006, 04:43 PM
As someone who posts on here not too often, I needed to post this. Everyone thinks their boat builder is the best and that is the way it should b or we'd never go writing checks with a bunch of zero's behind it to them. we are happy with our Laveycraft. What I wanted to to thank is the owners, the Camires. Usually, you buy a boat, watch it being built, pick it up, see the builders at the regatta once a year and maybe stop in the factory 1 or 2 times a year when you are in the area. You do not expect to get a handwritten letter for your wife and family when times are bad. The last thing i expected to get was a letter with thoughts and prayers for my wife who was undergoing surgery. You expect it from family, friends, coworkers, etc. Not your boat builder! Let me back track. this year has sucked! I shattered my knee on a fire, was off for 5 months. Then we went thru a lawsuit that almost forced the sale of our boat. End of August, my wife goes in to the hospital one night for possible appendicitis and ends up with a mass around an ovary. It progressed and progressed and we had delayed registering for the regatta. We ended up going and the kids had fun, but my wife was in pain, but she held strong. Almost 2 weeks ago now she had surgery to remove a tumor that had progressed to the size of a volleyball. It also required a complete hysterectomy. Not what she wanted at 31, but hopefully all potential bad cells have been removed. We get her home from the hospital and going thru the mail she finds a letter from laveycraft/ the camires. I think that one touched us the most. now just waiting and praying for good results on the biopsy, i had to thank them where others that know them could also see what kind of people they are. So from myself, my wife and our kids, thank you for thinking of us and we consider you our friends. To everyone else, hope to see you on the water real soon! And yes it is a laveycraft with flames! the name on the back is Rekindle. Say hello I'll have a beer waiting for you.
Todd, Sophia, Travis & Scott lambert
Todd, I don't know you but I had to reply just to wish you, your children, and especially your wife the best of luck. My wife and I will say a prayer for you and yours and hope all will be well very soon. As for the Camires, I agree with you 100%. The whole company reflects Chris and Jeff's attitude towards their customers. They do take care of them. I have my second Lavey so I know them pretty well. Hard to beat them and their product.
Again, good luck and maybe we'll meet up on the water- my boat is "Fast Forward", so if you see it, give us a holler.
Tom

nextasex
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, we pray that all will go well for your family. LaveyCraft has always been great to me. Once you buy a Lavey, you're definetly in the Family. I've been happy with Jeff, Chris, and Shauna since day one. Stand up peeps and would consider another LaveyCraft!!
Good Luck,
Frank

phebus
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
That was a class act. I hope all is well, and all the bad is behind you.

cc322
10-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Wow sorry to hear about you and your wifes misfortune, she must be a trooper to go to the regatta and run around in that chop sat on the boat. But it was fun. Hope all continues well for your wife and best wishes to a speedy recovery. I also am pretty happy with my boat buying decision. Its all part of being part of the Lavey family :)

voodoomedman
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
First off. Thoughts and prayers to your wife, you and your family. Definately tough to deal with. I'm sure everything will turn out okay but it will be less than fun dealing with instant menopause at 31.
Laveycraft is a company that I wouldn't have any problem spending any money with. I have heard nothing but good things about those guys. I also know folks with a Lavey and I hear nothing but good stuff. There are few completely honest west coast boat manufacturers and there are even fewer who go out of their way to take care of their customers and make you feel like part of a family.

dicudmore
10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
hope she's doing ok :cool:
thats very cool of them--another company I have great respect for

MBlaster
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
All the best for you and your family.
Hope the rough stuff is behind now

roln 20s
10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Best of luck to your wife and family--my thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Props to Laveycraft for being a top notch company--these are the things that keep companies in business for years to come and retain great customers. Great work Lavey.
Roln 20s