PDA

View Full Version : Cue Card Bandit

sea2lake
10-12-2006, 10:38 AM
This hapened in out showroom yesterday in laguna hills
Police corner suspected robber
A man police suspect as being the "Cue Card Bandit" bank robber is holed up in a business complex in Laguna Hills.
Kimberly Edds
The Orange County Register
LAGUNA HILLS -- Sheriff's SWAT team members and the FBI bank robbery team have cornered a man they suspect of being the "Cue Card Bandit" in a business complex here moments after the man allegedly attempted to rob a bank in Laguna Woods.
SheriffÂ’s deputies reportedly arrived shortly after a man fitting the description of the "Cue Card Bandit" struck at the 12:13 p.m. robbery today at the Washington Mutual branch at 24085 El Toro Drive.
One deputy who was responding to the scene spotted a black station wagon similar to the vehicle used in previous "Cue Card Bandit" heists parked in the rear lot in a building complex a few miles from the bank and saw three men changing clothes.
When the deputy attempted to question the men, they fled on foot, said Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. One man – who matched the description of the "Cue Card Bandit" raced into a Dial One window shop and took refuge inside a bathroom. The other two men ran in a different direction. They are also being sought.
Several employees of Dial One ran from the building as the suspect entered. It is unknown if the man has any hostages inside. No shots were fired.
More than 50 sheriffÂ’s deputies and the FBI bank robbery team quickly surrounded the building.
A search of the black station wagon turned up clothes that matched the attire usually worn by the "Cue Card Bandit," a gun and a demand note reading: "This is a robbery. Give me 50s & 100s," Amormino said.
The "Cue Card Bandit," who was given his nickname because he shows the teller a demand note -- similar to a cue card – taped to a spiral binder, is believed responsible for the robberies or attempted robberies of at least a 14 Orange County banks since Sept. 1.
FBI agents say that a man matching the same description – 5-foot, 10-inches, 180 pounds, with a baseball cap -- has struck in similar fashion at banks in Laguna Hills, Corona del Mar, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, San Clemente, Garden Grove, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Westminster and Laguna Woods.
In late September, Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual banks offered $5,000 each in rewards for information leading to the suspectÂ’s arrest.
FBI agents said he should be considered armed and dangerous and that he has shown several tellers a merchantÂ’s bag with a gun inside. It is unknown if the man trapped inside the Dial One business has a gun.

h2oski2fast
10-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Thats why they had Lake Forest shut down. I was wondering, I wanted to go to Dell Taco.

cxr133
10-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Soooo...............
are you one of the employees that ran outta the building?? :rolleyes:

stoker
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
You must work with Brent

lewiville
10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=sea2lake]This hapened in out showroom yesterday in laguna hills
Hey,
you guys do a lots of advertising with us. Orange County Living

77charger
10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Ya it aused a jam for me leaving work yesterday i work right down the street off del lago and go across lake forest to get fwy!
Luckily thy called me from the office to tell me lake forest was closed so i came in off el toro and carlata to our office.saved me probably 1/2 hour

sea2lake
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
You must work with Brent
Yes i do.
No i wasn't in the building, only him

sea2lake
10-13-2006, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=sea2lake]This hapened in out showroom yesterday in laguna hills
Hey,
you guys do a lots of advertising with us. Orange County Living
YUp, But this was free advertisement.

pixilatedpussy
10-13-2006, 12:56 PM
That was a pain in the ass! Trying to get from our shop ( around the corner) home & back down to the kids soccer off Moulton & Lake Forest! :mad: