PDA

View Full Version : Spray Bed Liner recommendations please...

HMF'er
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Interested in getting a spray liner.
Rhino Liner, Line X, or what. Any suggestions?

sigepmock
10-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Interested in getting a spray liner.
Rhino Liner, Line X, or what. Any suggestions?
It really depends on the installer. I like the Rhino lining because the three I've had have been flawless and the customer service to stand behind the product outstanding. I had it done at Rancho Motorsports and Rhino Linings just below the 15/10 fwy interchange, next to Scandia. Jason Riley the Owner started off only doing the RHino linings and has expanded to lift kits and other accessories but his specialty is the Rhino Lining.
Give him a call at (909) 390-9722. Tell him your a hot boater and he'll hook you up. Make sure to talk to Jason Riley, there is another Jason there, good guy but can't give you the deal Riley will.
I have also had a Line X and it was a piece of crap, peeled around the edges, faded bad, and wore out fast but I think it was more the install because I have heard good things from others that have it. So find a good recomended shop that you feel comfortable with.
Also Jason backs his Rhino linings with a life time guaranty, if you scratch or tear yours he'll fix it for free. And the UV protectants in the newer stuff doesn't fade like the old ones used to.
Good luck,
Chris

HocusPocus
10-12-2006, 04:17 PM
i went with rhino, only because they were the place who could get me in the quickest, it came out really well and have had no problems with it. like sigepmock said it really does depends on who installs it, a friend of mine got a rhino and it came out really bad and very thin in spots, he found another rhino dealer who fixed him up for free in the end.

HMF'er
10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
So far, Rhino gets 2 votes and LineX 0. Any others?

TaylorJet
10-13-2006, 06:47 AM
line-x by far

HMF'er
10-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Ended up with a LineX today. After considering my choices, convenient location, lower price, and my impatience prevailed. Thanks to everyone for the input. I hope I'm happy.

Schiada Time
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Good thing you went with Line-X. far superior product. have had a Line-X bedliner in every truck I have owned over the last 5-10 years. Love the Line-x
RR

djunkie
11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Good thing you went with Line-X. far superior product. have had a Line-X bedliner in every truck I have owned over the last 5-10 years. Love the Line-x
RR
Have you had the Rhino liner? If not than how do you know it is far superior? I've had both and they are both ok to me. The line-x had more of a sandpapery feel and the Rhino seems to me more of a rubbery feel.

Fiat48
11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I just went through this. Did a lot of research. The Line X is put on hot....dries in about 4 seconds. Colors are available with Line X. But not all dealers offer colors. Very pricey if you ask me. Here in Reno....to do a little shortbed Toyota....they want $425 PLUS $260 if you want a color other than black.
Line X seemed to be more popular. I agree it also depends on the installer.
Then there is Bedrug. Its a closed cell plastic similar to carpet. Since I haul little in this Toyota..I went that way. $280 delivered. If the Bedrug intrests you then do a google search on it for more info.

hallettman
11-10-2006, 08:16 AM
line x is great they take a beating. maybe cause they are thicker good choice.

dumbandyoung
11-29-2006, 10:55 PM
linex

danh63
11-30-2006, 11:35 AM
line-x.. have had it on my last 2 trucks and love it

full throttle
12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I checked all of them out. Went with the Superliner on the floor of my Schiada. Looks killer.

DUECE'SDAD
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Here in oklahomie most places use the hot method as mentioned, but one places uses a cold method that takes all day to dry, i have never been so disappointed in an install and i have used em all. In the collision repair bus. we usually match whats on there brand wise however i willnot use the cold install type. The only + they had was theirs was shiny and doesnt dull out but i kinda like the flat black look.

dumbandyoung
12-04-2006, 09:20 PM
i went with linex cause a relaltive works for ford.. so i pay cost for everything...and they only sold linex.. this is my second one and they seem good to me.. really depends on what you do with it..
... i throw a stand up jet ski and a dirt bike back there once in a while... thats really it.. but if i worked construction and threw bricks in it every day it might not look so hot. :)