PDA

View Full Version : Noise Law In Needles

76elimspecial
10-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Is There A Noise Law On The River Between Topoc And Laughlin???

vee-driven
10-12-2006, 05:04 PM
my friend has a house on the water in needles, he says he only sees a cop cruising around late afternoon, once aday they go up there from what he told me, and has never had a problem with his water injected headers, but zoomies maybe a different story.

bruddah
10-12-2006, 05:46 PM
not sure. but i dont think there is, the only noise law i am aware of is the one in devils elbow!

roostwear
10-12-2006, 06:07 PM
There is a noise law on the ENTIRE river. How and to what degree it is enforced is the issue. With 2 or 3 entities patrolling the river in any given spot, it's a crap shoot. There are stretches where an attempt to silence exhaust is sufficient, and others where they'll pull the meter on you.
From Avi north they require an attempt (baffles, water). Any blatant disregard for the law will get you unwanted attention.

rivertard
10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
There is a noise law on the ENTIRE river. How and to what degree it is enforced is the issue. With 2 or 3 entities patrolling the river in any given spot, it's a crap shoot. There are stretches where an attempt to silence exhaust is sufficient, and others where they'll pull the meter on you.
From Avi north they require an attempt (baffles, water). Any blatant disregard for the law will get you unwanted attention. YA what mike said, Officer vega gave me a big break.(Make an attempt).(rivertard). :rolleyes:

BILLY.B
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes there is. We found out the hard way a few weeks ago. Even the wet header boats were found to be to loud and a guy that lives in one of the mobile homes called the cops and we were told all about the noise law in Needles. They will be enforced !!!!.

Big Kahunaa
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
YA what mike said, Officer vega gave me a big break.(Make an attempt).(rivertard). :rolleyes:
how did your date go with her anyways

76elimspecial
10-12-2006, 11:39 PM
cool. thanks for the info. im tryin to get the boat out 1 last time this year and want to go somewhere where i dont need to run baffles. i guess ill run em wet and hope for the best.

Wicked Performance Boats
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes there is. We found out the hard way a few weeks ago. Even the wet header boats were found to be to loud and a guy that lives in one of the mobile homes called the cops and we were told all about the noise law in Needles. They will be enforced !!!!.
Billy, Please post a pic of that mobile home. Everybody should do a flyby to remind the owner that people were running up and down the river there long before he moved there! I personally have helped a couple of residents decide to move and live on the water on some quiet river in timbucktoo. Budlight

roostwear
10-13-2006, 07:52 AM
YA what mike said, Officer vega gave me a big break.(Make an attempt).(rivertard). :rolleyes:
Mike, running baffles this weekend? :argue:
Have Pat run interference for you with Vega.......

UltraClean
10-13-2006, 10:05 AM
havent been to needles in about 5 years....moved out of the socal area and an 8hr drive to get there kinda sucks....how has it been should i make the 8hr drive on a long weekend??

Wicked Performance Boats
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I still think that is the best section of river. The Monday on a 3 day weekend is killer. Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Mike, running baffles this weekend? :argue:
Have Pat run interference for you with Vega.......
Funny how they say dogs look like their owner. Well she kinda looked like a Vega. Budlight