PDA

View Full Version : Get R hot

Big Otis
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I see guys at the races running there Engine with a 5 gallon bucket and a pumpto get some heat in it. My boat tends to load up during this process. Am i just running to rich? Is there a better way?

Moneypitt
10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I see guys at the races running there Engine with a 5 gallon bucket and a pumpto get some heat in it. My boat tends to load up during this process. Am i just running to rich? Is there a better way?
Simple, no choke, right? How does it idle butt cold? If it idles at all with zero temp in it, it is probably fat in the idle circuit at least. The race motors will load up during warm up, but a few yanks on the throttle when warmed will usually clean them out. Some teams run "warm up plugs", a step or two hotter for the warm up. Then again, what RPM do you call "idle"?....Maybe a turn or two on the idle speed screw. This will also open the butterflies a little, allowing more air into the mix, but not enough to actually flow the main jets, or nozzles, as the case may be......Do you actually create a "miss" from loading up, or just a little "boggish" off idle? Any black smoke? ........MP

Big Otis
10-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Its a Enderle Fuel injection setup. Not real "Great" at tuning yet. Does seem to do the black smoke when warming up.

Moneypitt
10-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Its a Enderle Fuel injection setup. Not real "Great" at tuning yet. Does seem to do the black smoke when warming up.
How many bypasses do you run? You may want to reduce the idle bypass spring tension and back the barrell valve down a little. Idle bypass should open around 7 psi or a little less, no more. Lean the barrell valve a couple of flats (shorter) and re adjust idle speed with the throttle stop to maintain idle. Continue to lean it out and idle adjust until the black smoke disappears and the throttle response is crisp. Injection isn't known for its fine idle abilities, but you can get it real close to acceptable with a little work. Bob or Art may know some Enderle tricks and should jump in here anytime..............Ray

Big Otis
10-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info, Leaned 3 flats, set idle to .012 at butterfly.