PDA

View Full Version : From California, A Native

3 daytona`s
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I`m constantly running into people who in the course of conversation,tell me they`re from California,then immediatley say "A Native you know".I`m asking is it an important thing to be a native vs whatever else you want to call the poor bastards that fall into the other categories?

NorCal Gameshow
10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
they're lying...
the people I know born in cali never talk like that .

topless
10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I`m constantly running into people who in the course of conversation,tell me they`re from California,then immediatley say "A Native you know".I`m asking is it an important thing to be a native vs whatever else you want to call the poor bastards that fall into the other categories?HUH?????????????????

Desert Rat
10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Born and raised in NorCal and I have never used the term native... What I say is Californian only until I retire!!!

Throttle
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
means nothing :argue:

YeLLowBoaT
10-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Born and raised in NorCal and I have never used the term native... What I say is Californian only until I retire!!!
thats pretty much how I am/feel, With me there is about 95% chance of me moving to southern OR come spring.

Boatcop
10-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Living in or born in California is no big deal.
Being smart enough to leave, is.
Born in Hollywood, raised in the South Bay! Left in 1975.
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

CBadDad
10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, there's not many of us.
I don't usually say it either, but I have.
It means we're better than you. :p

GHT
10-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Native mean nothing unless your Native Texan..... :D :D

riverroyal
10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
also nieve(sp)?? for stayin in cal

deltaAce
10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I`m constantly running into people who in the course of conversation,tell me they`re from California,then immediatley say "A Native you know".I`m asking is it an important thing to be a native vs whatever else you want to call the poor bastards that fall into the other categories?
It's just another way of saying they can't be Deported. :p

3 daytona`s
10-12-2006, 09:37 PM
HUH?????????????????
These,annoying lengthy dissertations must cease. :idea:

VanDeano
10-12-2006, 10:19 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
And moving to Arizona makes you smart? I bet you wish you bought a house in California in 1975

Jbb
10-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Im a native New Yorker..... :p

Kilrtoy
10-13-2006, 02:02 AM
Native mean nothing unless your Native Texan..... :D :D
Steers and queers brother,
So what is it?

RitcheyRch
10-13-2006, 04:14 AM
I'm a native but dont usually tell anyone unless they ask. Only here until 2008 when my Daughter turns 18 and I am OUTTA here.

Tremor Therapy
10-13-2006, 06:25 AM
I'm with ya. Born in L.A. and raised in S.D. The only time I have ever thrown out the native Californian thing is when I hear something about "damn Californian's" and anything...like driving. Most people I meet aren't from here, but have moved here.
Otherwise once the kids are outta school, I'm outta the state!

RitcheyRch
10-13-2006, 06:55 AM
How many more years for your move and where are you moving to?
I'm with ya. Born in L.A. and raised in S.D. The only time I have ever thrown out the native Californian thing is when I hear something about "damn Californian's" and anything...like driving. Most people I meet aren't from here, but have moved here.
Otherwise once the kids are outta school, I'm outta the state!

havaduner
10-13-2006, 07:03 AM
I'm a native but dont usually tell anyone unless they ask. Only here until 2008 when my Daughter turns 18 and I am OUTTA here.
For years I promised my duaghter for her 18th birthday I was moving out. Had to back off of that a little, she thought I was serious. Once she goes to college, we'll be movin.

BarryMac
10-13-2006, 07:15 AM
You wanna see how many non native Californians there are? Go to any home Chargers or Padres game, half the stadium is filled with imports wearing the other teams jerzies...

beaverretriever
10-13-2006, 08:28 AM
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
LOL, And how...
I grew up in Bishop/Mammoth area, went to school in SLO and lived in Manhattan and Redondo Beaches for 7 yrs, and left 5 yrs ago. It was the smartest thing I ever did.

HocusPocus
10-13-2006, 09:40 AM
it always bugs me when i hear some say they are "native", not sure why. i was born in Dallas Texas, i liked it there but i don't think i would ever move back. :rollside:

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
I think it is rather sad reading all the posts from people who say we`re leaving or we have left or can`t wait. The first time I was in California was some years back.My best friend was back in the Midwest for college we drove from there to his home in Chula Vista for Christmas,I thought I was in heaven warm,light breezes,no bugs,it truly was the American Dream. WHAT HAPPENED?

eek-a-RAT
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
And moving to Arizona makes you smart? I bet you wish you bought a house in California in 1975
just for a lil example, my grandparents bought a house here in cali @fremont in the early 70's for a whoopin $65,000 for a 4 bedroom @ 2000 sq.ft.
that same house sold for $675,000 2 years ago. damn!
i was raised here, but i dont think its worth any braggin rights.
i was born in oahu,hawaii.
i thinks its funny when you go to the east coast and everyone knows were californians by the slanged speech we have.
.... thats "hella" cool...
wait til i use the ebonics that i learned.

That Guy
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, there's not many of us.
I don't usually say it either, but I have.
It means we're better than you. :p
To be more specific...there are only 11 of us in the entire state...so it is a pretty elite club..... :crossx: :crossx:

Nord
10-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Dude, I love your avitar........
I've even caught myself in a trance while looking.
Thank you 3 daytona's for your avitar.
Back to your thread.......I'm a native Californian :)
~NORD~

VanDeano
10-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I ask this black guy one day if he was a California Native :hammerhea and I swear I thought he was going to kick my ass! :2purples: ....go figure.

beaverretriever
10-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I think it is rather sad reading all the posts from people who say we`re leaving or we have left or can`t wait. The first time I was in California was some years back.My best friend was back in the Midwest for college we drove from there to his home in Chula Vista for Christmas,I thought I was in heaven warm,light breezes,no bugs,it truly was the American Dream. WHAT HAPPENED?
Dont get me wrong. Cali still has its beautiful places. I would never put it down, its just not for me or my wife anymore.
The negatives outweigh the positives.
My wife and I couldnt afford to live where we wanted too. If I was going to buy in Cali, its not going to be Corona, Palmdale or Lancaster, it would have to be Manhattan Beach or Corona Del Mar. Unfortunately, I dont make 750k a yr. No joke, that is what you need to purchase in either of those places.
Its too crowded, traffic is horrible, the laws suck, housing is too expensive, state tax and one of the MOST important things,,, its too far from any good lakes. Im 15min from Mead and an hour and 40 mins from Havasu. I love to go to Havasu, and I would die having to drive 4 hrs plus just to go boating for the afternoon.
Where I live is far from perfect but it offers a lot of good things.

VanDeano
10-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Dont get me wrong. Cali still has its beautiful places. I would never put it down, its just not for me or my wife anymore.
My wife and I couldnt afford to live where we wanted too. If I was going to buy in Cali, its not going to be Corona, Palmdale or Lancaster, it would have to be Manhattan Beach or Corona Del Mar. Unfortunately, I dont make 750k a yr. No joke, that is what you need to purchase in either of those places.
Its too crowded, traffic is horrible, the laws suck, housing is too expensive, state tax and one of the MOST important things,,, its too far from any good lakes. Im 15min from Mead and an hour and 40 mins from Havasu. I love to go to Havasu, and I would die having to drive 4 hrs plus just to go boating for the afternoon.
I agree with most of what you said except when you say its to far from any good lakes. Hell man you have a great big lake right in your back yard. It is called the Pacific Ocean. For me it doesn't get no better then that. It takes me 10 min from my front door to drop anchor. I just had to get a bigger boat is all. I never realized how great the ocean is until I bought an offshore boat. I would never have it any other way now. Im 10min from the pacific (Long Beach) and love it.

eek-a-RAT
10-13-2006, 10:47 AM
rumor has it ,that california is gonna break off into the ocean.
i can swim & i have some boats. im not goin anywhere soon.

Desert Rat
10-13-2006, 11:28 AM
just for a lil example, my grandparents bought a house here in cali @fremont in the early 70's for a whoopin $65,000 for a 4 bedroom @ 2000 sq.ft.
that same house sold for $675,000 2 years ago. damn!
i was raised here, but i dont think its worth any braggin rights.
i was born in oahu,hawaii.
i thinks its funny when you go to the east coast and everyone knows were californians by the slanged speech we have.
.... thats "hella" cool...
wait til i use the ebonics that i learned.
I was born and raised in Fremont, I went back last year to visit a friend.... Friggin place is now little Kabul. :yuk: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Desert Rat
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
the MOST important things,,, its too far from any good lakes. Im 15min from Mead and an hour and 40 mins from Havasu. I love to go to Havasu, and I would die having to drive 4 hrs plus just to go boating for the afternoon.
Try Northern California if close lakes are that important.....

beaverretriever
10-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Try Northern California if close lakes are that important.....
Too expensive, too cold, too liberal.

eek-a-RAT
10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I was born and raised in Fremont, I went back last year to visit a friend.... Friggin place is now little Kabul. :yuk: :mad: :mad: :mad:
its like that more towards central fremont. id say from mowry to to union city.
ive been here the last 20 years.

havaduner
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm hoping for a rose parade one year that starts off sunny and warm, then the clouds form, and the sky opens up...then the earthquake and colorado Blvd. collapes...on television
GOOD ONE!!!!!!! :)

havaduner
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Dont get me wrong, I didnt say I hate living in Cali. yeah its crowded, my neighboors speak less and less english as time goes by, and all that. I just wanna live in the middle of the desert........ with a lake near by!

wolfie
10-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I was born and raised in Southern California. Was transferred to Seattle, then back to So. Cal.and then transfered to Salt Lake. I don't think I've ever told anyone I was a "native". Of course I feel no need to buy a Porsche, have plastic surgery, hair plugs, or wear a lot of gold chains either.

Desert Rat
10-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Too expensive, too cold, too liberal.
Noooo Thats CENTRAL Ca I'm talking North of Sacramento.....

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Dude, I love your avitar........
I've even caught myself in a trance while looking.
Thank you 3 daytona's for your avitar.
Back to your thread.......I'm a native Californian :)
~NORD~
This is Friday The 13th,so what the hell.I`m breaking a code of silence and will pay dearly one way or the other.I have never been a fan of PWC`s mainly because of the operators and their manners.I signed up again several months ago,and opportunity to learn the "ART" of JET SKI protocol from HER 454.I`m telling you the Black Leather does not do justice.. She can ride,nice tan?

deltaAce
10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
This is Friday The 13th,so what the hell.I`m breaking a code of silence and will pay dearly one way or the other.I have never been a fan of PWC`s mainly because of the operators and their manners.I signed up again several months ago,and opportunity to learn the "ART" of JET SKI protocol from HER 454.I`m telling you the Black Leather does not do justice.. She can ride,nice tan?
She's pleasant to the eyes, but we love her for her mind!
:)

ROZ
10-13-2006, 11:29 PM
It seems amusing to out-of-staters when they meet a native californian...
Ex. My brother use to live on Mission Beach Boardwalk 3 houses up from the coaster. On night they had a bbq/fire pit going with all the neighbors. Everyone started telling where they were from. When they got to my brother, they couldnt believe he was from here, and locally at that... Everyone else was from out of the state... big deal to them, no biggie to us...
it does give a little right to complain about everything though :D It was a great place until peeps from the blue states moved here! :yuk: :D
I could never leave... It's my home.. Besides, I can't live more than 20 min's from the beach :D