PDA

View Full Version : hughes vs gsp

axkiker
10-13-2006, 05:14 AM
So who all was watching the ultimate fighter last night. I have to say that I am a total GSP fan now. I cant believe how cocky and arrogant hughes is. Its one thing to act stupid around friends, but acting like an ass on tv. Give me a break.
Half of making it big in that sport is having a fan base and being liked by the crowd. Look at forest griffith. lost against tito 2 times in a row however everyone still loves him and wants to see him fight again. You stand alot better chance getting fights when the promoters know fans want to see you fight. Fans = more $ spent on pay per view. No fans = no $

x7734x
10-13-2006, 05:31 AM
I have always been a GSP fan and have not had much respect for how Matt Hughes treats people and how disrespectful he was when it came to fighting the man that made the UFC what it is today Royce Gracie.
GSP will submitt Matt without a doubt when they fight this next time.

Arkansas
10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I agree also...Hughs comes off like an arrogant ass....dont like him at all. He and Sylvia are lifetime members of the "Goob Squad" imo. Hope GSP woops his ass.

axkiker
10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
hasnt gsp beated hughes before. what is their record or am i totally wrong

Thorsinc
10-13-2006, 05:52 AM
So who all was watching the ultimate fighter last night. I have to say that I am a total GSP fan now. I cant believe how cocky and arrogant hughes is. Its one thing to act stupid around friends, but acting like an ass on tv. Give me a break.
Half of making it big in that sport is having a fan base and being liked by the crowd. Look at forest griffith. lost against tito 2 times in a row however everyone still loves him and wants to see him fight again. You stand alot better chance getting fights when the promoters know fans want to see you fight. Fans = more $ spent on pay per view. No fans = no $
I’d have to disagree with you no fan no money. It may hurt a little on the endorsements. The more controversy the fight them more people will want to see him get his a s s beat, the more pay-per-view tickets are sold. And with as many fights that are going on within the UFC to keep tickets sales up I think we are going to see a lot more arrogant, and more controversy between fighters. I just don’t want to see it turn into the WWF. I really think Hughes got in his head last night. He showed himself as the Alfa male. And if Mr. Pierre for a second doubts himself it could be within that second he looses the fight. When two fighters are this evenly matched is going to come down to conditioning and mental strength. Forest I thought only fought Tito 1 time. But I could be wrong?

Garrddogg
10-13-2006, 05:54 AM
hasnt gsp beated hughes before. what is their record or am i totally wrong
no he hasnt (not yet)
GSP is going to make a great champion!!

Garrddogg
10-13-2006, 06:03 AM
I’d have to disagree with you no fan no money. It may hurt a little on the endorsements. The more controversy the fight them more people will want to see him get his a s s beat, the more pay-per-view tickets are sold. And with as many fights that are going on within the UFC to keep tickets sales up I think we are going to see a lot more arrogant, and more controversy between fighters. I just don’t want to see it turn into the WWF. I really think Hughes got in his head last night. He showed himself as the Alfa male. And if Mr. Pierre for a second doubts himself it could be within that second he looses the fight. When two fighters are this evenly matched is going to come down to conditioning and mental strength. Forest I thought only fought Tito 1 time. But I could be wrong?
This show was taped a couple months ago, so this show was before they were going to fight,before gsp hurt his hand,so about the time this was taped it was all about gettin in gsps head(and he did) then gsps hand thing and bj fought in his place last month and gsp got up in the ring after the fight and said he wasnt impressed with matts performance..(that was his shot back and it pissed matt off good!)

Thorsinc
10-13-2006, 06:09 AM
This show was taped a couple months ago, so this show was before they were going to fight,before gsp hurt his hand,so about the time this was taped it was all about gettin in gsps head(and he did) then gsps hand thing and bj fought in his place last month and gsp got up in the ring after the fight and said he wasnt impressed with matts performance..(that was his shot back and it pissed matt off good!)
And more people saw that - than Spike last night. I think that GSP is the only fighter in Matt class that can take his belt, but it’s not going to be a cake walk.

axkiker
10-13-2006, 06:26 AM
I dunno about this whole getting into someones head thing. Ive boxed, kick boxed, and been in martial arts for years. I competed at a national level for years. Does this mean im a bad ass. (NO) It means I had way too much free time on my hands and ended up getting kicked in the face way too many times for nothing. Now I have never competed in a MMA event nore do i desire too.
My point is there were always lots of people that always wanted to run their mouths about how bad they were etc. They always has something smart to say and loved to trash talk while fighting. In the end it really just made me more determined to mess them up. I would train longer and fight harder to beat thoes type people. I can honestly say that the trash talkers and arragont pricks usually always ended up getting beat by the quiet guy minding his own business. How does the saying go. "be weary of a man who has alot of free time on his hands"
anyways thats my expereince. Go GSP!!!!

UltraClean
10-13-2006, 09:44 AM
He might pull it off if Matt forgets to have his "country breakfast"...lol what a gay ass commercial!!....saw him in person at a restraunt..a waitress came up to him and called him a celeb...he said "im not a celeb im an athlete!" ya just a bit on the cocky side :yuk:

Charley
10-13-2006, 10:56 AM
GSP has a good shot at Hughes... 1rst Time around GSP seemed perfectly calm in the ring with MH...might have even been more physically commanding with MH than any other I have seen him in the ring with...shame Hughes is such an ass, he is a great Fighter

reDECKulous
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Always been a GSP fan! He is going to break Hughes!

UltraClean
10-13-2006, 11:20 AM
dont mean to thread jack but im gonna any way!!!....how bout this weekends fight??? Franklin or Sylva???? Like Franklin alot but what ive seen of Sylva scares me!!

BRSTQUEST
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
You guys are crazy!!!!!!! Look at the best boxers/wrestlers/mma athletes and you will see one common trait.....They ALL are cocky and self centered...and the reason is they have to be....This sport is one on one and you have to have unwaivering self confidence to get in the ring or the mat with someone who could hurt you.....Mahammod Ali (SP) was the biggest chit talker there was, yet he was the best of all time.....Michael Jordan was a chit talker on the floor and he was a decent ballplayer..... How about Roger Clemens, I think hes a decent pitcher and he talks all kind of trash while pitching....It all comes down to backing your play, if you win its confidence, if you lose your a big mouth......Any way, who wants to see some damn french guy beat an American!!!!!!! Go Matty and kick that frogs ASSSSSS

axkiker
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
You guys are crazy!!!!!!! Look at the best boxers/wrestlers/mma athletes and you will see one common trait.....They ALL are cocky and self centered...and the reason is they have to be....This sport is one on one and you have to have unwaivering self confidence to get in the ring or the mat with someone who could hurt you.....Mahammod Ali (SP) was the biggest chit talker there was, yet he was the best of all time.....Michael Jordan was a chit talker on the floor and he was a decent ballplayer..... How about Roger Clemens, I think hes a decent pitcher and he talks all kind of trash while pitching....It all comes down to backing your play, if you win its confidence, if you lose your a big mouth......Any way, who wants to see some damn french guy beat an American!!!!!!! Go Matty and kick that frogs ASSSSSS
I cant ever remembering Michal Jordan being an arragont ass on tv. Maybe he was a trash talker on the court, however I cant even remember ever seeing that. Jordan in my opinion was one of the best personalities on and off the court that I have seen. Plus he was one heck of a ball player.
Yes you are correct there are alot of pro athletes that are totally arragont off of the playing field (or ring in this case). ALI was the biggest and best probably of all time. I would still see him as being an odd ball. Im my experience its the trash talking loud mouth that ends up eating his words or actions.
I guess no one will know until they fight. I just happen to think all this talk by hughes is just fueling the fire for GSP. I would normally be right with with you on wanting to see the american ( especially a good ole country boy) go all the way. However with his attitude out of the ring I cant support him.

Charley
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll agree with some of that but I have to be honest, GSPs humbleness appeals to me personally over MH's "confidence" .... If I was a betting man GSP's still holds my money

Waldo
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
dont mean to thread jack but im gonna any way!!!....how bout this weekends fight??? Franklin or Sylva???? Like Franklin alot but what ive seen of Sylva scares me!!
American Fighter Franklin all the way. He used to be a teacher...I support my fellow educators! IMO, nobody can beat Franklin's conditioning. Absolutely superior to others. However, if it goes to the ground, Sylva probably has a chance.

Charley
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
GSP has a good shot at Hughes... 1rst Time around GSP seemed perfectly calm in the ring with MH...might have even been more physically commanding with MH than any other I have seen him in the ring with...shame Hughes is such an ass, he is a great Fighter
A perfectly executed culmination of vindication :D
Congrats to GSP who sincerely OWNED the champ tonight

BRSTQUEST
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I have to appologize to the GSP fans/supporters....GSP totally dominated Hughes in all aspects of the fight....GSP look to be in better shap, was more focused and looked like a man on a mission....GSP gets my respect for a great fight and great execution...Good job GSP

dmontzsta
11-19-2006, 12:30 AM
I am disappointed. Matt should not have played GSPs game and kept pursuing him to take him down. Matt is VERY strong and even though GSP is decent on the ground, he is no Penn and Matt would have been able to take over.
I guess Hughes and Franklin can go to Denny's together now and have them a grand slam breakfast! :)

eliminated1
11-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I disagree on the GSP ground game . Mat is problably better the GSP on the ground but only buy a small margin. Gsp totally dominated the fight and just like the franklin/ silva fight last month, the under ranked fighter brought the better game . You could see it in matts eyes half way through the fight . They were reading like a nightmare was about to unfold .Just like Franklin.Nither one of these fighters expectd to get schooled. Just showes you where the sport is going. I think Chuck L. is in for a beating also . Chuck is the best fighter without a dought. I know some people that train with Tito in big bear and they are saying Tito hasent even shown his new training skills yet. He has been holding back not to let his tricks out of the bag. They are saying his stand up it that of arlovski now . we will see next month.