PDA

View Full Version : Boat Service

Wizard29
10-13-2006, 08:30 AM
If I was to take my boat in to a shop and have them perform some regular preventative maintenance, what tasks should they be performing? Engine oil change, drive oil change, impeller service, etc...
This would be on a 496HO and BIII drive.

phebus
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Check alignment, fuel filters.

Nord
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
service drive, grease gimble, the stuff you listed is right on the money.

VanDeano
10-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Make sure they dont pull a "Jiffy Lube" on ya. :220v:

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
:rollside: :rollside:

Not So Fast
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Just wait till you get the bill :rolleyes: NSF

Throttle
10-13-2006, 11:49 AM
HO with a BIII drive? what kinda boat you pushing with dat?

Goad
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
your muffler bearing is bad and your turn signal fluid is low...

Wizard29
10-13-2006, 02:20 PM
HO with a BIII drive? what kinda boat you pushing with dat?
Magic Wizard. The HO has a ProCharger on it.
With the 30P twin props, it is an absolutely great combination. Planes with ease, at speed it drives straight when you let go of the wheel, totally easy to get on the trailer (great response at idle speed), and still can run right around 80.
Been running this for about two years and no complaints.
As a sidenote, I wanted to know what type of PM service is usually performed so I am aware of anything that should be done I can't do myself.

voodoomedman
10-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Magic Wizard. The HO has a ProCharger on it.
With the 30P twin props, it is an absolutely great combination. Planes with ease, at speed it drives straight when you let go of the wheel, totally easy to get on the trailer (great response at idle speed), and still can run right around 80.
Been running this for about two years and no complaints.
As a sidenote, I wanted to know what type of PM service is usually performed so I am aware of anything that should be done I can't do myself.
If the boats in Havi take it to Absolute. They will do whatever needs done based on the hours and service history. If your going to do the easy stuff yourself then call them and ask what needs to be done when and they will tell you. You can then do what you need to do and then make an appointment to have them do the other stuff.