PDA

View Full Version : Racing Congrats

BigBoyToys
08-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Congrats to Tony on taking the TAF win in Marble falls!!! Great job in the #535 boat. Heard that ya got Singleton off the rope. eek!
Congrats to Scott in the SS126 boat for a strong showing in Long Beach!!! You ALMOST had them eek! :D
Congrats to Larry in the SS13 boat! Looks like you were running good until the driveshaft cover failure. frown
[ August 11, 2003, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

UBFJ #454
08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
We here in Phx. Understand Congratulations to Marilyn and Paul (Owners of "Head Over Heals") and Crew, are in order for their Win in PCE. It is understood that after "Some Fun" on the line, Their "Shoe", Jim Sampica (A good Phx. Boy) brought the Trophy Home ... Another Win by Jet over a V-drive Flattie.
Congratulations From All of Us!!!
Jak, Mike, Deb, Arron, Nate & Thom,
Team BBR

126driver
08-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks BBT - we had a ball. It was cool meeting SSMike and Stab-n-Steer and seeing Gofast again. Bitchin' new ride Gofast. :cool: And thanks to UCLAHater for the use of his new truck for a pit vehicle. :D :D

Hud
08-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Way to go Guru, just talked to a friend of mine who was in Texas working on the Fair Warning boat.He said Tony put it on them in the final in BAF. The other boat went 2.5 10's quicker and 10mph faster for the loss. Nice hole shot Tony!!!!

PGF545
08-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Congrats Tony!!!!!!!!! Yes he put it to Ken in the finals...I was on the ramp and he had almost a full boat length on Ken by the time they came past there. Kevin and your crew almost jumped in the water after that win...great job Tony!!!!
Bernie
[ August 11, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: PGF545 ]

uclahater
08-11-2003, 07:51 PM
126driver:
Thanks BBT - we had a ball. It was cool meeting SSMike and Stab-n-Steer and seeing Gofast again. Bitchin' new ride Gofast. :cool: And thanks to UCLAHater for the use of his new truck for a pit vehicle. :D :D Scott anytime I can help out let me know :cool: And thank you for all of the help and free advise in getting my boat ready to go :D I cant wait to be out there with you guys next year :cool: Tony congrats on your win in marble falls!!! Way to go hole shot King!!!

Jetboatguru
08-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks everybody,
Hud,
We ran 6.84 to Ken Singletons 6.74 in the final.
I cut a .08 light to his .29 light so the margin of victory was .11
I wish everybody could see us thrashing to make the final round. The IHBA came over and told us "if the boat is not moving towards the inramp right now, we are disqualified." We were hanging off the side of the boat putting pieces back together as we were driving to the inramp. It is the first win for us in TAF and we were a very happy group.

Hud
08-11-2003, 10:04 PM
smile_sp jawdrop :D WOW!

Lady Rat Attack 1
08-12-2003, 05:55 AM
CONGRATS Guru :D Nice to see someone get a win over Singleton. Great job !!! :)

CircleJerk
08-12-2003, 06:15 AM
I'm impressed! That's a lot of work and driver was under undo pressure, not knowing if all was finished. Cool under fire. smile_sp Remember, I'm a former car drag racer so I can appreciate this.

smalls
08-12-2003, 06:31 AM
Right on Gu! :D I guess we will be seein ya on the TV on Sunday mornin :)

Jetboatguru
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
They did not film this race on TNN. The IHBA only bought 3 shows and this was not one of them. Oh well, no biggie. I jumped out of the boat into the water and didn't realize that the boat was still going pretty fast. Rescue came down and grabbed me. It was just a great feeling to win because everybody busted their asses to get the boat to line. Anybody that races like Circle Jerk, knows that anything can get left off or misplaced or put back wrong in a thrash.