PDA

View Full Version : What 18 months can do!!!

Bradman
10-13-2006, 11:00 AM
My wife and I adopted this little girl from Russia last year. She arrived in the U.S. April 20, 2005. She didn't speak one word of english when she got here but now speaks english fluently. She was in an orphanage since the age of two. She was 10-1/2 when we adopted our daughter, "Ksenia". It's amazing what a little bit of nurishment and lots of love can do for a child.
April 20, 2005 - Ksenia age 10-1/2
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Ksenia.jpg
October 6, 2006 - Ksenia age 12
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/msbladua/Iamsmiling.jpg

Nautitwins2
10-13-2006, 11:02 AM
My wife and I adopted this little girl from Russia last year. She arrived in the U.S. April 20, 2005. She didn't speak on word of english when she got here but now speaks english fluently. She was in an orphanage since the age of two. She was 10-1/2 when we adopted our daughter, "Ksenia". It's amazing what a little bit of nurishment and lots of love can do for a child.
October 6, 2005 - Ksenia age 12
Very cool! I have to tell my wife to get a different suit though. She has the exact same one. LOL.

AltarGirl
10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
She has grown up to be a beautiful girl :)

Screaming Pete
10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Hat off to ya bro to you and your wife giving her a better life. and i love your sig

bunny 166
10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Wow, she looks like a completely different girl....you guys must be doing a great job!! Way to go Mom and Dad!!! :) :)

Jordy
10-13-2006, 11:08 AM
<insert russian bride comment here> :D :D :D
That's cool that you guys did that. ;)

TCHB
10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Keep here away from the channel the 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

topless
10-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Very pretty girl. She looks much happier than in the first picture. How did she get to be a year and a half older in 6 months? :idea:

Jordy
10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
How did she get to be a year and a half older in 6 months? :idea:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's supposed to be '06. Why are you such a hater??? :D :D :D

Bradman
10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's supposed to be '06. Why are you such a hater??? :D :D :D
My mistake. 2006

RitcheyRch
10-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Awesome job and keep up the good work.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Keep here away from the channel the 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The look on her face was priceless after taking her through the channel for the first time and her seeing women wearing pasties and thongs. :)

djunkie
10-13-2006, 11:26 AM
That is awesome that you did that. She is a very pretty girl. Sounds like she will be very well taken care of. Hats off to you. :cool: :cool:

topless
10-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's supposed to be '06. Why are you such a hater??? :D :D :DLOL, I'm a lover not a hater.

switchin'addiction
10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
That's awesome!!

Jordy
10-13-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL, I'm a lover not a hater.
Loving to be a hater doesn't exactly qualify Ali. ;)

redneckgirl
10-13-2006, 11:45 AM
That is awesome...congrats!
RNG

NOTALENT
10-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow....way cool...she definatley looks different in the 2nd picture. Can I ask why you adopted from Russia and not the U.S??? Nothing against it or trying to be an ass...just curious...

hoolign
10-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Wow....way cool...she definatley looks different in the 2nd picture. Can I ask why you adopted from Russia and not the U.S??? Nothing against it or trying to be an ass...just curious...
There's enough gardeners!
Oh yeah..Kudos Bradman!

Ziggy
Awesome...........She's very American looking now... :) :)
Have a friend who adopted two children from Russia.....Much more kids available with less waiting. Adorable kids who just needed some love.
And like Nauti-Twins, my wife has that same suit too :p

Lightning
i was thinking about that....and way to step up and get a 10 yr old, that's not an easy one. Adopting someone who is 6 months old is way less emotional drama for the child you would think. It's a bummer, the older they are the more difficult they become to place. I have had numerous clients adopt lately, most from other countries but no one I know has adopted someone who is 10.

NOTALENT
10-13-2006, 11:58 AM
i was thinking about that....and way to step up and get a 10 yr old, that's not an easy one. Adopting someone who is 6 months old is way less emotional drama for the child you would think. It's a bummer, the older they are the more difficult they become to place. I have had numerous clients adopt lately, most from other countries but no one I know has adopted someone who is 10.
Exactly, not to mention the language barrier. It must have been extremley difficult to get through, but it looks like everything worked out for the best. Taking in a 10 year old has definatley got to my challenging. I was a terror at that age.. :crossx:

Bradman
10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Long story but I'll try and make it short. My wife and I had always talked about helping a child in need before we even got married. We knew we wanted to have are own child one day which came in 1997. Our son Bradley was born. After that we kind of lost focus on the adoption thing. 7 years later we started talking about it again and the next thing you know, my wife gets an email from her aunt about this little girl. She was here in California with 65 other Russian children through a program called, Welcome Home. It is hosted through an organization called Christian Adoptions. Well, what they do is bring these kids over from Russia and try to find families to host them for 30 days. Usually the families that host the children end up adopting them. In Ksenia's case, the family that was hosting her knew they could not adopt her. They already had 3 or 4 kids. While they were hosting Ksenia they fell very much in love with her and made it their goal to find an adoptive family for her. They started by sending out emails to everyone they knew and somehow it ended up on my wife's aunt's computer.
My wife's aunt had know idea we had always talked about adopting but sent the email to us in hopes of us sending it out to all of our friends. Instead, we we went out to Temecula, CA. where Kesina was staying and meet her. She had 2 weeks left and came and stayed with us. After the two weeks was up she had to return to Russia, but we knew she was suppose to our daughter and we started the adoption process right away. So for us, we didn't go to Russia looking for this child to adopt, God brought her to us.

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 12:19 PM
My wife and I adopted this little girl from Russia last year. She arrived in the U.S. April 20, 2005. She didn't speak one word of english when she got here but now speaks english fluently. She was in an orphanage since the age of two. She was 10-1/2 when we adopted our daughter, "Ksenia". It's amazing what a little bit of nurishment and lots of love can do for a child.
October 6, 2006 - Ksenia age 12
That's awesome Mike ,WoW I need tell Kathy

Nautitwins2
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Long story but I'll try and make it short. My wife and I had always talked about helping a child in need before we even got married. We knew we wanted to have are own child one day which came in 1997. Our son Bradley was born. After that we kind of lost focus on the adoption thing. 7 years later we started talking about it again and the next thing you know, my wife gets an email from her aunt about this little girl. She was here in California with 65 other Russian children through a program called, Welcome Home. It is hosted through an organization called Christian Adoptions. Well, what they do is bring these kids over from Russia and try to find families to host them for 30 days. Usually the families that host the children end up adopting them. In Ksenia's case, the family that was hosting her knew they could not adopt her. They already had 3 or 4 kids. While they were hosting Ksenia they fell very much in love with her and made it their goal to find an adoptive family for her. They started by sending out emails to everyone they knew and somehow it ended up on my wife's aunt's computer.
My wife's aunt had know idea we had always talked about adopting but sent the email to us in hopes of us sending it out to all of our friends. Instead, we we went out to Temecula, CA. where Kesina was staying and meet her. She had 2 weeks left and came and stayed with us. After the two weeks was up she had to return to Russia, but we knew she was suppose to our daughter and we started the adoption process right away. So for us, we didn't go to Russia looking for this child to adopt, God brought her to us.
That is an amazing story. My wife grew up next door to a couple that brought the kids over from Russia. They lived in Somis, and for some reason the last name is slipping my mind.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 12:24 PM
That's awesome Mike ,WoW I need tell Kathy
Sorry Ed for not introducing her to you and Kathy. Next time we see you guys you'll get to meet her.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Exactly, not to mention the language barrier. It must have been extremley difficult to get through, but it looks like everything worked out for the best. Taking in a 10 year old has definatley got to my challenging. I was a terror at that age.. :crossx:
It's amazing how fast these kids can adapt. The language barrier was not as bad as we had thought it was going to be. There was alot of pointing and we had a Russian book that had pictures in it. The hardest part of this whole process has been school. While living in the orphange the kids would only go to school for a couple hours a day.

Zaairman
10-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow... Awesome story. A few years ago my mom got the idea that we should start foster care. Next thing I know, we've adopted 3 kids. They're now 5, 6, and 16, and awesome.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Wow... Awesome story. A few years ago my mom got the idea that we should start foster care. Next thing I know, we've adopted 3 kids. They're now 5, 6, and 16, and awesome.
Three...That's awesome. This is a great thing you and your wife have done. Glad their all doing great.

NOTALENT
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Bradman:
Mad props. That is an awesome story. Im glad it all worked out for you all. :rollside:

Bradman
10-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Bradman:
Mad props. That is an awesome story. Im glad it all worked out for you all. :rollside:
Thanks alot. It's been a lot of work for us and even more work for her.

Zaairman
10-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Three...That's awesome. This is a great thing you and your wife have done. Glad their all doing great.
WIFE??????? :cry: :220v: I'm 18... I said it was my mom who wanted to do the foster care. It was all a family decision, and we had had the two youngest since they were born basically, got the youngest at two weeks and the 6 year old at 6 weeks.

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
MIKE what a difference a 1 1/2 makes, she looks different

Red Horse
10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Good on yall for adopting :cool:

LakeTrash
10-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Kids do not deserve anything but the best and it seems Ksenia has found "the best".
You and your wife must be really good people.
Congradulations.
LT

little rowe boat
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I remember seeing this in the press enterprise. That is a great story.God has truly blessed you and your family with a wonderful gift.
Did it take her long to adjust to life here in the US.???

IN2-IN2MX
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Ahhh, great thread. It's really nice to hear your story. :boxed:

msc5195
10-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Not to be to intrusive but how long of a process was it? Was there alot of red tape? What is the average cost of said adoptions? I know a nice loving couple who would make excellent parents and would like to adopt but a local attorney tells them to be prepaired to spend 20,000.00 - 25,000.00 and wait for 18-24months. They are financally capable of raising a child but they up front fee is a challange for them. They are saving up for the process. I would like to refer them to this Welcom Home program.
Thanks
Robert

Bradman
10-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Not to be to intrusive but how long of a process was it? Was there alot of red tape? What is the average cost of said adoptions? I know a nice loving couple who would make excellent parents and would like to adopt but a local attorney tells them to be prepaired to spend 20,000.00 - 25,000.00 and wait for 18-24months. They are financally capable of raising a child but they up front fee is a challange for them. They are saving up for the process. I would like to refer them to this Welcom Home program.
Thanks
Robert
That is what is so upsetting about adoption. There are some many people that could be loving parents but the cost does drive a lot of people away from this. The cost for us was $30,000.00 when all said and done. U.S. adoptions are about the same less the cost of traveling. Tell them to be prepared for an unbelivable amount of paper work. It is not stop. In the long run was it worth it? The anwser for us is yes.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I remember seeing this in the press enterprise. That is a great story.God has truly blessed you and your family with a wonderful gift.
Did it take her long to adjust to life here in the US.???
We have been blessed because Ksenia is such a wonderful child. All she wants to do is please everyone. As far as adjusting, that is still going on for everybody in our family. It is getting easier, but we have had our ups and downs.

angry dad
10-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Congrats!! It's so nice to hear this kinda story as oposed to all the other crap we have to listen to, on the news every day!!
30,000 !!! well worth it.. but WTF!!
The FAT NEEDS to trimmed outta that!!

NOTALENT
10-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow....30k??? Geez....Who ever runs this (I dont know much about the subject) is money hungry. A kids life can be ruined by the time they find a family to adopt them and they are charging that price....Man...saving a life should be alot less trouble.

Bradman
10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Wow....30k??? Geez....Who ever runs this (I dont know much about the subject) is money hungry. A kids life can be ruined by the time they find a family to adopt them and they are charging that price....Man...saving a life should be alot less trouble.
Your right. Between their goverment an ours, it seems that everybody has their hand out. The process can take anywhere from 18 to 24 months. I guess the good thing is that you pay as you go so you don't have to come up with that kind of cash up front. For us I had saved most of the cash for a new Harley. Instead I settled for a Yamaha Roadstar.
That mine on the right.
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FeF3KNe9GuDka8KmRal2x61M9if z6Nbr8vYvYyYZKnqjjCuxTLkUrj0X3Ezr_67mP55uOjweI9wcU Th5Cah4XeJdJmdXcrXorRChUbva8ghnPwRYcEBcGEI

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
awesome story Mike

boatsnblondes
10-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Your an inspiration brother. It's people like you and your wife that make the world go round. Such a great story..the pics brought tears to my wifes eyes....keep us updated.... :rollside:

GHT
10-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Amazing Story...... What a lucky girl to have found you guys... So much better than the way she use to live, I'll bet.
Congrats again.
Don

Tom Brown
10-14-2006, 10:30 AM
What a beautiful story about beautiful people. :)
Much respect, Bradman. :cool:

Misogynist
10-14-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm so happy you were able to make the adoption happen. It's amazing how much better the girl looks after a little sunshine and a loving family. But the sad part.... how could anyone give up such a pretty girl?... They must have been in dire straits to give up their child for adoption... :cry:

HocusPocus
10-14-2006, 11:37 AM
this is one thread im glad i took the time to read :) she looks great! we have 4 kids and have often considered adopting 1 or 2 more.

boater72
10-14-2006, 12:01 PM
What a lucky girl!

Devil's Advocate
10-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I think that is wonderful to take a child in like that. Good for you guys, she looks very happy. :)

bkplesh
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Way to go guy,that's the best story I've read.Hats off to your family!!!!

MRSDRMCAT
10-14-2006, 12:46 PM
WOW!! Awesome story....she looks happier and healthier!! I am very impressed!!

racecar.hotshoe
10-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Congrats.You are a great person my hats off to you 30K is alot but worth it.
For 30K you got an angle...........But for $1.87 and a case of coors light all I got was this..........Hooli! http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar158_29.gif :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bradman
10-15-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm so happy you were able to make the adoption happen. It's amazing how much better the girl looks after a little sunshine and a loving family. But the sad part.... how could anyone give up such a pretty girl?... They must have been in dire straits to give up their child for adoption... :cry:
Both her parents were "are" alcholics. When she was two years old, her dad beat her mom so bad she was put into a mental hospital. Mean while her dad remained her legal guardian. It wasn't long after this that he gave her to the orphange. He had no job and could not afford to rasie her.

Misogynist
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Both her parents were "are" alcholics. When she was two years old, her dad beat her mom so bad she was put into a mental hospital. Mean while her dad remained her legal guardian. It wasn't long after this that he gave her to the orphange. He had no job and could not afford to rasie her.
Having you as a parent must be a happy ending to a tragic story. Best wishes to all of you. :boxed:

shueman
10-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Amazing story....what a beautiful child.... :cool:

hoolign
10-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Congrats.You are a great person my hats off to you 30K is alot but worth it.
For 30K you got an angle...........But for $1.87 and a case of coors light all I got was this..........Hooli! http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar158_29.gif :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that reminds me...I have on word for you... "ALLOWANCE???"