PDA

View Full Version : The Departed

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 07:40 PM
I love movies used to manage three Theaters when going to College,I went to the Departed today,OMG this is indescribable,I`m serious, this is a Smoking movie.I want to stress if decide to go, attend with no stress, clear mind, pay attention,don`t let anyone devulge the ending you will FREAK!! I still after several hours can`t believe this movie.This movie is going to win some serious awards.Hope you enjoy as much as I did. Have a good Weekend

Blown 472
10-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Saw it wed nite and thought it was great.

racecar.hotshoe
10-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I just enjoy your avatar!...................... :rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I just enjoy your avatar!...................... :rolleyes:
If it were not for it, I would never get any credibility what so ever,sad but true. :rolleyes:

deltaAce
10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
If it were not for it, I would never get any credibility what so ever,sad but true. :rolleyes:
You have proven yourself to be creditable by just being a good guy! :)

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 08:32 PM
You have proven yourself to be creditable by just being a good guy! :)
Hey Delta!! Flattery will get you every where with me. LOL Have a great weekend. We will have a brewski together,I promise. :)

deltaAce
10-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks 3 daytona's,
I'll have to see The Departed, sounds like a good one!
P.S What theater's did you manage, have you heard of Century Theater's or
Syufy Theater's?

3 daytona`s
10-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks 3 daytona's,
I'll have to see The Departed, sounds like a good one!
P.S What theater's did you manage, have you heard of Century Theater's or
Syufy Theater's?
I know Century Theater`s well,I was with a small family owned deal.but as looking back were wonderful times. I love movies,an couple of hours of relief,from the real deal.

HocusPocus
10-13-2006, 10:35 PM
the previews looked pretty good, i will put this on my watch list. :)
thanks.

CARLSON-JET
10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I havent noticed alot of publicity, so it must be a sleeper... as are all the good flicks.. thanks for the heads up.

RitcheyRch
10-14-2006, 08:49 AM
We are thinking of seeing it today.

Caribbean Jet
10-14-2006, 08:54 AM
GO see this movie, This is a great movie. I was worried with all of the Stars that it would be a flop, I was wrong. Great twists and you need to listen.

Get415
10-14-2006, 09:00 AM
uhhh ya, we talkin about the same Departed. I thought the previews were more exciting than the actual movie. kinda dragged on but good finish. Maybe i just pumped it up too much before hand.

RitcheyRch
10-14-2006, 09:05 AM
The reviews look good and said the movie is long (2 hrs 30 min)

playdeep
10-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Saw it last weekend...
GREAT MOVIE!
The ending is pretty intense...I never saw it coming....
It is a bit long,but riveting the entire time.
I think it might be one of Scorceses's best.

IN2-IN2MX
10-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Awesome! A group of us from work are going on Wednesday night.
Thanks. :)

Froggystyle
10-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Phenomenal movie. I saw it the day it came out and was really blown away by the quality of the acting and storyline. Really well done.
I am going to see "Flags of our Fathers" soon. That looks to be absolutely amazing as well.

RiverDave
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Phenomenal movie. I saw it the day it came out and was really blown away by the quality of the acting and storyline. Really well done.
I am going to see "Flags of our Fathers" soon. That looks to be absolutely amazing as well.
Going to see it on monday on I think a sneak preview or something? I dunno Stacy got some free tickets to it through some online thing she does. I'm really looking forward to seeing it though.
Thinking about going to see the departed tonight.
DJ

3 daytona`s
10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Flags, open this coming Friday and looks great,DVD`s a good but still something about going to a Theater that`s an experience.

Froggystyle
10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Flags, open this coming Friday and looks great,DVD`s a good but still something about going to a Theater that`s an experience.
Plus I like to support movies made in a manner I personally appreciate. Conversely, I will never go see a movie in a theatre, even if I want to see it, that would show support for an actor or director I don't approve of. "Meet the Fockers" for example. It looked hilarious, I loved "Meet the Parents" and would have seen it happily. But that dumb gunt Streisand was in it though, and I ended up borrowing the movie not to support her or her causes.
Clint has kind of gone off the reservation a couple of times, but his heart was very much in the right place while pitching and directing the movie, and he is telling a story that absolutely needs to be told. I can't imagine the heroism required to go up against 22,000 dug in Japanese soldiers on an island with no possible evacuation or resupply. They literally will fight to the death for the most part, which means you are going to have to kill 22,000 before you can take a nap in peace. What an ordeal.
For the record, I just watched "The true story of the Bridge on the River Kwai" and that too needs to be told. The movie was a travesty, and a real poke in the eye for the POW's that had to build the Burma/Thailand railway. If you have the opportunity, watch that show. It was on History International. My problems, and the problems of anyone I have ever met went away as soon as I saw what they went through. The Japanese made what the Vietnamese did to our POW's look like a week in Vegas. Plus, the people who survived played a pivotal role in the making of the documentary, and they are essentially spending their remaining days making sure that people know the whole story.

3 daytona`s
10-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Plus I like to support movies made in a manner I personally appreciate. Conversely, I will never go see a movie in a theatre, even if I want to see it, that would show support for an actor or director I don't approve of. "Meet the Fockers" for example. It looked hilarious, I loved "Meet the Parents" and would have seen it happily. But that dumb gunt Streisand was in it though, and I ended up borrowing the movie not to support her or her causes.
Clint has kind of gone off the reservation a couple of times, but his heart was very much in the right place while pitching and directing the movie, and he is telling a story that absolutely needs to be told. I can't imagine the heroism required to go up against 22,000 dug in Japanese soldiers on an island with no possible evacuation or resupply. They literally will fight to the death for the most part, which means you are going to have to kill 22,000 before you can take a nap in peace. What an ordeal.
For the record, I just watched "The true story of the Bridge on the River Kwai" and that too needs to be told. The movie was a travesty, and a real poke in the eye for the POW's that had to build the Burma/Thailand railway. If you have the opportunity, watch that show. It was on History International. My problems, and the problems of anyone I have ever met went away as soon as I saw what they went through. The Japanese made what the Vietnamese did to our POW's look like a week in Vegas. Plus, the people who survived played a pivotal role in the making of the documentary, and they are essentially spending their remaining days making sure that people know the whole story.
I had the honor of meeting a survivor of the Baton Death March some years back,he owned a bar in Brawley (Brawly)? California.I don`t know if he is still alive,but what our soldiers went through at the hands if the Japanese was beyond evil. I did alot of research on it after meeting him as I was embarassed very ignorant on the subject prior to meeting him.Froggy,ant to think we "TORTURED" the prisoners in Iraq,makes me sick.

Tom Brown
10-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted byhttp://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar14469_2.gif
I think you underestimate us.

EAZYKILLER2006
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
I love movies used to manage three Theaters when going to College,I went to the Departed today,OMG this is indescribable,I`m serious, this is a Smoking movie.I want to stress if decide to go, attend with no stress, clear mind, pay attention,don`t let anyone devulge the ending you will FREAK!! I still after several hours can`t believe this movie.This movie is going to win some serious awards.Hope you enjoy as much as I did. Have a good Weekend
yea we just got in from havasu it rained all weekend long~ (off and on) so we got to go check out the movie the departed and stayed for the movie jackass it rained so much make the choice to see the departed its worth it~laurie

CBadDad
10-18-2006, 02:41 PM
I played hookie today and saw it.
Best movie I've seen in a long time.
A must see!

Not So Fast
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Nickelson is one of my favorite actors and he did not disappoint. neither did the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

3 daytona`s
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Nickelson is one of my favorite actors and he did not disappoint. neither did the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
I usually hesitate to recommend movies,it seems when you go with huge expectations often disappointed.I`ve had so many friends and people on here that are united in the approval rating.I`m going to get the DVD when available,just feel missed some things,can`t be thinking about other things while viewing the movie.I`m happy most are pleased with my suggestion. :)

Not So Fast
10-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I usually hesitate to recommend movies,it seems when you go with huge expectations often disappointed.I`ve had so many friends and people on here that are united in the approval rating.I`m going to get the DVD when available,just feel missed some things,can`t be thinking about other things while viewing the movie.I`m happy most are pleased with my suggestion. :)
I hear you on that, the movies that get all the big build up and then great reviews somehow miss the mark for me. This one didnt though, I loved it and will see it again and pay more attention :rolleyes: Another one I liked was Miami Vice which didnt get good reviews, go figure :confused: NSF