PDA

View Full Version : Southbound 15/215 interchange closure... SUCKS

HocusPocus
10-13-2006, 08:16 PM
we had to take our daughter to Mt. Sac today for a cross country meet, i live in the high desert and from hwy 138 and the 15 it took 3 hours to get to Mt. Sac! for those who went to vegas or the river are going to have a hell of a time getting home on sunday. they also shut down the old route 66 side road down to kenwood ave. we got on at hwy 138 and could see the backup going all the way up the hill... this was at noon today. im not sure of the actual time it will re-open on sunday, but it might be a good idea to start planning an alternate route home.
good luck. :crossx:

pebo
10-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Do you think the old 66 route will be closed tomorrow also?. Was going to go that way to Blockbuster. (Concert) :mad:

voodoomedman
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Do you think the old 66 route will be closed tomorrow also?. Was going to go that way to Blockbuster. (Concert) :mad:
Yes that's part of the closure. Better figure out the dirt roads, leave really early or go up into Big Bear and back down.

pebo
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Damn, guess we will have to go thru silverwood to waterman.... :220v:

Wizard29
10-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Only a southbound portion of the 15 is closed this weekend until Sunday at 1PM. The portion they have closed is the southbound 15 to 15 connector ramp where the intersection with the 215 is. Northbound is fine. In fact, northbound was unusually light for a Friday afternoon today on my way home.
However, the 15 southbound was totally screwed and was backed up to Oak Hill Road. I felt sorry for the people waiting in that traffic as I knew how far they still had to go before getting out of it.
Like I said, things will reopen on Sunday at 1PM (provided they are on schedule), but it can be expected that traffic will take several hours after that to clear out.
HocusPocus, did they reopen the 138?

Hardly Satisfied
10-13-2006, 09:26 PM
we had to take our daughter to Mt. Sac today for a cross country meet, i live in the high desert and from hwy 138 and the 15 it took 3 hours to get to Mt. Sac! for those who went to vegas or the river are going to have a hell of a time getting home on sunday. they also shut down the old route 66 side road down to kenwood ave. we got on at hwy 138 and could see the backup going all the way up the hill... this was at noon today. im not sure of the actual time it will re-open on sunday, but it might be a good idea to start planning an alternate route home.
good luck. :crossx:
rent a airplane

Wizard29
10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Information on this closure and other closures can be found here:
I-15 Closures (http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist8/devore2/rrcls.htm)

HocusPocus
10-13-2006, 10:31 PM
hwy 138 is open with no restrictions.. they are still doing some work and even some blasting in the mormon rocks area.
going up thru silverwood then back down would be much faster then just about anything else, except for a little 4 wheeling maybe.
coming home north bound at around 8pm tonight was no problem at all, but the south bound still looked like a complete mess.