PDA

View Full Version : Identity theft

mike37
10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
****ING BASTARDS GOT MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR OVER A THOUSAND
THAT WAS POSTED ON LINE AT MY BANK i WONDER WHAT THE BASTARDS ARE CHARGING NOW LOOKS TO BE A DEBIT CHARGE TO LAKE ELSINORE TARGET
****ING BASTARDS AND I CANT DO A DAM THING ABOUT IT TEL MONDAY
I DID CANCELS ALL OUR CARDS BUT NO POLICE REPORT TEL I TALK TO THE BANK THIS SUCKS
**** **** **** :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Contact all three credit reporting services and report it.
Rather see ID theft criminals in prison than drug users.

socalmoney
10-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Freeze your credit. Your money should be FDIC insured so you should get it back.

socalmoney
10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Contact all three credit reporting services and report it.
Rather see ID theft criminals in prison than drug users.
They are the same thing. Many drug users are now turning to ID theft to support their habit.

HocusPocus
10-14-2006, 08:46 PM
i got hit last year, only it wasn't that bad. someone just used my name and ss# to get a couple of cell phones and then didn't pay the bill. it took me about 3 months to get it sorted out. this is happening more and more.. good luck

mike37
10-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I maid all the calls a can to night cant do a police report tel Monday cus I need to report it to the bank first then the police just gotta wait tel Monday now

Trailer Park Casanova
10-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Online Bill paying dropped 18% this year according to NBC news.
Security was the main reason they gave.
Damfino.

mike37
10-14-2006, 09:09 PM
just every one remember not to let any one take your card out of your sight

H20Advantage
10-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Figuring out the point of compromise is the key. Where did you use it most recently. Probably where it was skimmed.
Also make sure credit card receipts, both copies, are truncated (last four numers only showing). State and Federal law now. Some companies still need to update their machines.
Last four and approval code is all they need if they need to audit later.

HighRoller
10-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Here's a link to a company that sells ID theft protection. Unlike other companies that just monitor and tell you when your ID has been compromised(duh, could have done that myself by pulling my reports) they actually assign you a person to do all the footwork for you to get you restored. The average person spends 400-600 hrs doing this so it would probably be worth it.
www.zanderins.com

Wet Dream
10-15-2006, 07:05 AM
There is a difference between Identity theft and unlawful use of a card. If they actually stole your ID, your credit report would reflect activity that you didn't initiate. Unlawful use merely shows activity in your account that you will be able to get back. Go to the bank in the am, tell them you want to dispute charges, list the charges and they'll replace the funds. My account was "Hot carded" and some spic went shopping with $700 of my money in Mexico. They made 3 purchases. There is a company out there that does nothing but monitor card activities, and mine got flagged. They called, asdked if I was shopping in Mexico and stated that I was in Akron, Ohio and they put a stop on the card. As I'm on the phone with the gal, he tried another purchase at that moment, it was denied and the little bastard knew then that my card was now done.

mike37
10-15-2006, 07:14 AM
thanks for all the input guys
I think what I have going on is more of credit card fraud and not identity theft
there is only three places that had any opportunity to swipe a card
all in Sacramento Hooters off of truxel Rd Mimi's on truxel and on the Border
and as soon as we find out what card my card or my wifes we can narrow it down to two places
Fuc king bastsards :mad:

probablecause
10-15-2006, 07:26 AM
There is a difference between Identity theft and unlawful use of a card. If they actually stole your ID, your credit report would reflect activity that you didn't initiate.
That is correct. Sounds like his ATM card (linked to his bank account).

Riomouse911
10-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Some A$$ got my info and tried to charge a batch of stuff early this year.. I found out about it when trying to buy ice for a superbowl party.. Visa shut off my card (of course I had no cash and three dripping bags of future water in my cart). I went home to see why my card was not working, and they told me wha hoppen. I got lucky I guess, no loss I could find... In your case I truly hope the cretins get theirs real soon, it's a nightmare!

kraig
10-16-2006, 05:12 AM
Same thing here, the little shits took a pic with a cell phone of mine and waited a couple of days to go SHOPPIN!!!! Did my back tracking and found out where I used last and reported it to the manager, come to find out when this ahole gets the cuffs his phone has 138 pics of card numbers....beware of that.

hoolign
10-16-2006, 05:52 AM
****ING BASTARDS GOT MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR OVER A THOUSAND
THAT WAS POSTED ON LINE AT MY BANK i WONDER WHAT THE BASTARDS ARE CHARGING NOW LOOKS TO BE A DEBIT CHARGE TO LAKE ELSINORE TARGET
****ING BASTARDS AND I CANT DO A DAM THING ABOUT IT TEL MONDAY
I DID CANCELS ALL OUR CARDS BUT NO POLICE REPORT TEL I TALK TO THE BANK THIS SUCKS
**** **** **** :mad: :mad: :mad:
Shitty deal! What really pisses me off about "convienience" stores is , they make you give them your card to swipe it, then there is typically a camera pointing right at you when you enter your pin! I refuse to let anyone swipe my card, and try to avoid using it at places like that.
On the upside ..should be pretty easy to locate the perps! ...just look for someone with 1300 freezie pops! :rollside:

mike37
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Target has video of this guy buying a TV on me and he got gas at chevron
so we have a pic and if we get lucky a license plate # if the chevron got video of him getting gas
F ucking bastard :mad:

Goad
10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Target has video of this guy buying a TV on me and he got gas at chevron
so we have a pic and if we get lucky a license plate # if the chevron got video of him getting gas
F ucking bastard :mad:
post up his address and we will go have a ***boat meeting in his front yard with some baseball bats. :crossx:

chub
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
post up his address and we will go have a ***boat meeting in his front yard with some baseball bats. :crossx:
No focking shit. Some turds got 8 hundo from me this year, I proved I was at the river and not in CANADA and they gave it back to me. Bank said they could have gotten that info a long time ago and just waited to use it. That sucks, hope everything turns out ok.