PDA

View Full Version : Social solutions

Seadog
10-15-2006, 06:45 AM
I was reading about personnel shortages at the Supermax prison in Colo. I am fully aware that we are looking at manpower shortages in many labor intensive fields due to the decreasing birth rates. Already many fields are shorthanded. However, we are not experiencing any decrease in the prison populations. We are seeing a growth there. And then there is the problem of illegal immigration due to the lack of jobs in Mexico.
What I propose, is that we start pushing for private prisons to be be built in Mexico. The further south, the better, as far as I am concerned. Set up an oversight board to ensure fair treatment. We are exporting so many of our industries to other countries, why not prisons. Make the prisons here in the states reserved for those prisoners that have a chance at rehabilitation. I would not even mind building a few in China. Not much odds about a felon escaping there.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Man.......The ACLU would LOVE you !!!!!........ :skull:
Later,
CJG
:)

RitcheyRch
10-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Good ideas. Dont think the ACLU or Jesse Jackson will like it.

socalmoney
10-15-2006, 11:56 AM
The problem lies with this countries attitude toward people who hold jobs in the service industry. We somehow look down on people who work hard to earn an honest wage. We equate this type of work as being only good enough for the uneducated like the illegals that cross our boarders. How many teens are not learning any type of work ethic due to the fact that they don't want to work in the fast food sector or cut lawns after school or wash cars etc. This is a dangerous attitude for the US to have, our country was built on hard work and now we look down on it. Think about it.

Seadog
10-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree that the long term solution is to make blue collar work more attractive, but that is not going to happen soon. I kind of lean towards the concept of creating deep wide canals along the Rio, and putting the prisons on islands in the middle. Make sure the prisons are on the Mexico side. As in many great ideas, the devil is in the details and lawyers.