PDA

View Full Version : Painter in the Los Angeles area?

78DiMarco
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm in the process of a resoration. I'm looking for a painter who can handle a 21 foot boat in the SoCal L.A. area. Any recommendations? I'm not looking for a wild colored job but a more basic white with some limited graphics that will hold up.

vdriver4ever
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Billy B is the only one I know about. He has my Nordskog right now and thus far looks awsome.
That's Krazy Kolors by Billy B
909-982-8555

superdave013
10-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I was told by a Sanger owner yesterday that if Billy paints your boat you can go on vacation with him for life. :)
Well that might not have be exactly the way it was said. lol

vdriver4ever
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Billy told me that I have a life time invitation to everything!

Sangster
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Billy B is the only one I know about. He has my Nordskog right now and thus far looks awsome.
That's Krazy Kolors by Billy B
909-982-8555
That's the Ph# 411 Gave me too.... But they called him "Earl".....What's that all about????

v-drive
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm in the process of a resoration. I'm looking for a painter who can handle a 21 foot boat in the SoCal L.A. area. Any recommendations? I'm not looking for a wild colored job but a more basic white with some limited graphics that will hold up.
You can contact BA Kurtis on the boards. He painted my old laveycraft
and matched the original design flawlessly.He is in Apple Valley. :D
v-drive

FlatStupid
10-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Billy told me that I have a life time invitation to everything!NO S*#T he said I am not invited anywhere! :cry:

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Try Ken Meyers at B & K Boat repair in Bellflower..he does all my paint and gel work..he has been there since 1958...

Rattle Can Lou
10-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Yeah, you get a life time invite with Billy...so what? He knows that when he gets done, you will never be able to afford a vacation again. ever. I'm just kidding...he was left wide open on that one...Billy's work is priceless. Love ya man.

78DiMarco
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks for info everyone! Now on to the next phase $$$

BILLY.B
10-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Yeah, you get a life time invite with Billy...so what? He knows that when he gets done, you will never be able to afford a vacation again. ever. I'm just kidding...he was left wide open on that one...Billy's work is priceless. Love ya man. I didn't even intend to answer this thread but as usual Lou has to start $hit. With the hourly wage I recieve on MOST job's I have to invite customers to sponge beer and food just so I can afford to go. I knew I should of gone into the body shop business instead of the world of custom painting. That's where you got me RCL. You rake in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for doing nothing and letting the employees do all the work. Your smarter then you look. Oh by the way...I love you too :rollside: :D

Rattle Can Lou
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
There's alotta Love in the room tonite...I love it when I can get to you first. It makes my fricken day.....

the real k-boat king
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm in the process of a resoration. I'm looking for a painter who can handle a 21 foot boat in the SoCal L.A. area. Any recommendations? I'm not looking for a wild colored job but a more basic white with some limited graphics that will hold up.there is only two guys who can paint the best, billy b and vale. vales # 714-952-9005

Sangerboy
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
There's alotta Love in the room tonite...I love it when I can get to you first. It makes my fricken day.....
RCL, I'm just a little worried about what longterm exposure to Idaho entertainment has wrought. There seems to be a significant degradation in what can constitute a great day there. Your concerned friend, Sangerboy

Rattle Can Lou
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Sangerboy, you need to understand that our boats are covered with blankies and the air is filled with chill. All the rednecks have moved there guns from under their pillows to the gun racks in the windows of their trucks. The only color you see is flourescent orange. That is in the form of hats and hunting wear. The street that Cabela's occupies is littered with traffic. As you drive by the local lake the docks rest nicely on the banks as the water has been dumped to ready for winter. Boise State football is all you can bullshit about at the local 7-11. Are you starting to get the picture Sangerboy. I'm fricken bored. Getting to Billy is a highlight for me...he should be flattered.

dossangers
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
You mean this GUY??http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/167bb_boat_sale_006.jpg

Rattle Can Lou
10-18-2006, 01:58 PM
OH Wayne, How right you are!!!!

Sangerboy
10-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Sangerboy, you need to understand that our boats are covered with blankies and the air is filled with chill. All the rednecks have moved there guns from under their pillows to the gun racks in the windows of their trucks. The only color you see is flourescent orange. That is in the form of hats and hunting wear. The street that Cabela's occupies is littered with traffic. As you drive by the local lake the docks rest nicely on the banks as the water has been dumped to ready for winter. Boise State football is all you can bullshit about at the local 7-11. Are you starting to get the picture Sangerboy. I'm fricken bored. Getting to Billy is a highlight for me...he should be flattered.
Ohhhh Lou, I had no idea of the trials, tribulations and hardships that you must endure. And here I was complaining about having to go to a meeting this afternoon instead of testing the Canyon like I had planned. Around here you only have to worry about the vato's with their guns in their waistbands and the colors are grey or silver, and black. And my office door and window getting tagged. I'm not sure which gangs territory I'm in now. I shall never again be so insensitive to your northern exposure plights, even while reporting on testing my boat in mid-January when it's 80 degrees out. (oops- sorry) Your penitent friend, Sangerboy
Oh BTW I've heard stories on what it takes to flatter Billy, and well........ it's just not for me, and I don't think I'll be going there.

vdriver4ever
10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
BILLY'S BOAT WORLD.......
There are so many things that are cool when doing busness with Billy's boat world...
(1) Great job
(2) Incredible detail
(3) Becomes good friend
(4) Keeps you informed....
But the best part of doing business with Billy is you get to store your boat for a damn YEAR for free... :) :) :)
Well at least I think anyway I haven't gotten the final bill...

Rattle Can Lou
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Lou, do I need to show you how to use the fricken intenet.
You Fricken Moron

vdriver4ever
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Lou,
You better learn how to spell it before you try and teach it!

FlatStupid
10-19-2006, 12:53 PM
BILLY'S BOAT WORLD.......
There are so many things that are cool when doing busness with Billy's boat world...
(1) Great job
(2) Incredible detail
(3) Becomes good friend
(4) Keeps you informed....
But the best part of doing business with Billy is you get to store your boat for a damn YEAR for free... :) :) :)
Well at least I think anyway I haven't gotten the final bill... Play your cards right and it can be way longer than a year! :D I'm gonna be in so much trouble!!!!!! :crossx:

Rattle Can Lou
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
We should not talk about spelling, should we? INTENET is totally legal as taught in eubonics in Oakland. CA. I have the official dictionary of eubonics. I bought it for Billy's birthday that is coming up...

vdriver4ever
10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Lou,
I don,t know whet your taking aboat?

Sangerboy
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
OK, I can't stand it anymore, you morons. As any self respecting NorCal resident (I think it was the Sacramento school district that actually considered making it an official class) and even a semi self respecting SoCal boy can tell you it's EBONICS . If you're going to diss us at least get it straight.
Oh I think I got about 18 months free storage but I was forced to keep a jetboat in my building for awhile, at least it was a Sanger....................

Rattle Can Lou
10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Greg, being a self respecting citizen of Idaho, we do not recognize any of it. Whether it be eubonics or ebonics. Now, my brother Lou well recognizes any and all forms of these language teaching tools. I'm not dissing you Greg...but quit doggin us poor down trodden folks of the country and go cause some poor unsuspecting soul some outrageous oral pain. :boxed:

Sangerboy
10-19-2006, 01:44 PM
...but quit doggin us poor down trodden folks of the country and go cause some poor unsuspecting soul some outrageous oral pain. :boxed:
Yeah right, that is a good idea though, I'll probably feel a lot better afterwards, especially if I inflict just as much pain on their wallet
:crossx:

dossangers
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/167billys_work_10_18_003.jpg Check this out its geting an all aluminum blown injected alcohol motor totally sick Nuther Killer paint job!! By EARL!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/167billys_work_10_18_001.jpg

78DiMarco
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I love you guys!! Yes!!
Billy I will be calling.... :rollside:

BILLY.B
10-19-2006, 07:20 PM
You know you guy's (RCL, Vdrive4ever, Sangerboy, & flat*%#cked) can talk all this crap you want. Bottom line....If you guys would stop dropping off "CHICKEN $HIT" & expecting to get "CHICKEN CORDON BLEU" back maybe it would be a different story. Just cause Janice thinks i'm God doesn't mean I can make miracle's out of this crap in a short peroid of time!!!! :yuk: :rollside: :D.

eraser
10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
NICE!!!!! :) :rollside: :) :rollside:

Rattle Can Lou
10-20-2006, 06:21 AM
I think we hit a softspot in the Pillsbury doughboy. Settle down stud, it's all in fun. By brother Lou has had nine trailers built since youv'e had the boat and he still doesnt have the correct one yet. Slooooow dooown on the boat...we got no way of getting it home anyway.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/autobody9/doughboy.gif

vdriver4ever
10-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Ok so I am on my 3rd trailer, 4th if you count the one I started with.! No big deal man.... I just wanted it right.
It is kind of funny that it went to Billys' the day of the Toyota Shootout at Irwindale last year, and Billy is clearing it this Saturday the same day as the shootout this year!
Billy I am really excited to come out and see it. Next week I will start looking at some dates I can make that happen. If and when I had another boat project to do you and Mr. Sammons would be first on my team. :)
Now Lou is going to post something about me being a kiss a$$

Rattle Can Lou
10-20-2006, 07:38 AM
You are a kiss ass.

dossangers
10-20-2006, 07:51 AM
We So calys LOVE our BOISE brothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we always feel so safe when were in IDAHOOO!!! LOL!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Rattle Can Lou
10-20-2006, 08:20 AM
We got your back Wayne. I don't care what Billy says behind your back....You were first to the pin in Burley...

FlatStupid
10-20-2006, 08:53 AM
We got your back Wayne. I don't care what Billy says behind your back....You were first to the pin in Burley...
JEEZ Lou talk about a KISSASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesnt have shirts in your SIZE!

vdriver4ever
10-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Craig buddy, you made my morning with that one! :) :) :)

Rattle Can Lou
10-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Lou, You and Flat @%&*ed deserve each other. Lay off of my oversize torso. You clowns are a coupla BONERS

FlatStupid
10-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Lou, You and Flat @%&*ed deserve each other. Lay off of my oversize torso. You clowns are a coupla BONERS
This whole thread has got you sitting in the corner of your office like an oversize TROLL, laughing your (oversize) ASS off as your employees walk by and look at you like your F'n nuts. What a picture!!

CircleJerk
10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
You know you guy's (RCL, Vdrive4ever, Sangerboy, & flat*%#cked) can talk all this crap you want. Bottom line....If you guys would stop dropping off "CHICKEN $HIT" & expecting to get "CHICKEN CORDON BLEU" back maybe it would be a different story. Just cause Janice thinks i'm God doesn't mean I can make miracle's out of this crap in a short peroid of time!!!! :yuk: :rollside: :D.
That is funny and true from what i hear!

dossangers
10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Yes i do i had one made with a xxxl neck size!!!!!JEEZ Lou talk about a KISSASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He doesnt have shirts in your SIZE!

BILLY.B
10-21-2006, 04:39 AM
It is kind of funny that it went to Billys' the day of the Toyota Shootout at Irwindale last year, and Billy is clearing it this Saturday the same day as the shootout this year!
Now Lou is going to post something about me being a kiss a$$Man what a bunch of $hit talking we have going on now. A year!!!! That's amazing. It sat in the shop for almost 2 or 3 months before it could get into the glass shop. Once there I can't remeber how long it was until I had it back. Oh yeah, Feb of 06. Then came the decision to do the bottom (blue print it the "So Cal way", not the Boise way. Seeing as your "One stripe on a boat and call him a "Custom Painter" brother, RCL" couldn't bend over far enough to do it when he painted it. Not to mention the brains to flip it over. So it sat again for another 3 months waiting to go back to the glass guy who by now was buried with other stuff to get ready for summer. When it kept getting delayed is when I took over and did it myself. So call me slow, but that is what happened. And had I known that RCL and all these other "Jump on the band wagon" "JACK OFF'S" would follow his lead i'd a sent there boats to Boise and had RCL paint them "TRICK" :rolleyes:, had him send them back, mark up the price, and been able to kick it, and still made a few pennies. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I like this much better :rollside: .

Dave Sammons
10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I think we hit a softspot in the Pillsbury doughboy. Settle down stud, it's all in fun.
All in fun, HUH??? Well NIIIIICE work boys, my painter buddy just called me and said that Bobby is TOO BUSY to rub the boat out and that you two "LOU,SERS" are going to have to do it when it gets back to Boise! JUST GREAT!! I don't think there's anyone around here that doesn't have a good idea of what RCL means when he says he's going to go "rub one out in the back of the shop". Talk about time! What the heck is the grit factor of the average hand lotion?????
PS...Billy, I think that "doughboy" image is WAAAAY out of line for you! Had a friend of ours tell me yesterday that you reminded her of someone else. She suggested it might be a nice avatar for ya! Don't know if I agree, but, I told her I'd let you know...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517Boss_Hogg.jpg
OH and if you go with it, she said you could have your own action figure as well...Maybe Mattel could put a spraygun in the left hand???
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517bosshogg.jpg

rrrr
10-21-2006, 08:19 PM
LMAO, this is good stuff..... :crossx:

BILLY.B
10-22-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517bosshogg.jpgC'Mon friend that "Ill soon be forgetting". I have my hair. They have the package cover correct in the front though. Then the more I looked at this photo it reminded me of ol RCL. Take a close look at his right hand. RCL all the way, working the package.

wsuwrhr
10-22-2006, 12:05 PM
...and a nice Sanger at that.
Shouda took the ol '29 for a jaunt while it was in your care.
Brian
Oh I think I got about 18 months free storage but I was forced to keep a jetboat in my building for awhile, at least it was a Sanger....................

wsuwrhr
10-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I TRIED to get a year's free storage by having 'ol Earl paint up the Hondo.
Between the screaming in my ear I could only make out a few reasons why I couldn't be fit in the rotation....
1. No ghetto boats allowed in the shop.
2. No bald-short-skinny guys allowed.
3. No Mopar powered boats or Mopar dogs allowed.
4. Something about not being able to finish a single rigging job on time.
I tried.

Dave Sammons
10-22-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1517bosshogg.jpg
C'Mon friend that "Ill soon be forgetting". I have my hair. They have the package cover correct in the front though. Then the more I looked at this photo it reminded me of ol RCL. Take a close look at his right hand. RCL all the way, working the package.
Hey, Like I said, I didn't exactly agree with the likeness(especially the package part!) Maybe your right about the resemblance to RCL...I'm pretty sure he's had something that's 10inches and dark brown in his clenched right hand before...Might have been that last trip to San Francisco :crossx: :crossx:

vdriver4ever
10-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow Billy way to just pick and choose my lines to make me look like an a$$hole. You remind me of CNN... :)
And my buddy Dave, wish you were here to see the tire marks on my back... That was from the bus you through me under. :)
Lou II