PDA

View Full Version : Skycar.....

Jbb
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Is for sale! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250036057352)

ratso
10-16-2006, 02:24 PM
It still looks like a plane more than a car... Put some 22's on it!

Jbb
10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
There are some pretty funny questions being asked... :p

Tom Brown
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Every TV program or magazine that covered the future of transportation has pulled the skycar out of it's ass since the mid 1970s. The project started in the very late 1960s.
As far as I know, it has not 'flown repeatedly' beyond some tethered hover maneuvers that didn't go particularly well.
I admire Dr. Moller's tenacity for sticking with his dream but this thing is a mockup of a fictional device. If it actually worked, the military applications for it would be endless.
It's definitely a piece of history, though.

Jbb
10-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Every TV program or magazine that covered the future of transportation has pulled the skycar out of it's ass since the mid 1970s. The project started in the very late 1960s.
As far as I know, it has not 'flown repeatedly' beyond some tethered hover maneuvers that didn't go particularly well.
I admire Dr. Moller's tenacity for sticking with his dream but this thing is a mockup of a fictional device. If it actually worked, the military applications for it would be endless.
.............And it can be yours.......If the price is right....Tom Brown.....come on down...

ratso
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Isn't it supposed to work like the Harrier?
The coolness factor would be way up there if they did this with a Scimitar...

Jbb
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
...Besides...flying car has already been done...
http://www.jims-pages.com/foison/images/flyingcar.jpg

Tom Brown
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
The coolness factor would be way up there if they did this with a Scimitar...
Now don't go kicking dirt on the Scimitar with your dream busting nay-saying.
The Scimitar really flew. We all saw it in Moonraker.

Tom Brown
10-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Glastron geek's post script - I believe the boat in Moonraker was actually a CV-23HT (CV-23 hard top). The CV-23HT is just sleightly different from the real Scimitar (CVT-23) but they are the same boat, to a non-Carlson fan.
The CV-23HT has a cuddy, the CVT-23 does not. Also, the CVT-23 has a full length keel while the CV-23HT does not.
None of this detracts from the basic premise of a flying Scimitar as the aerodynamic properties of the CV-23HT and the CVT-23 are close enough as to be considered identical.

ratso
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Glastron geek's post script - I believe the boat in Moonraker was actually a CV-23HT (CV-23 hard top). The CV-23HT is just sleightly different from the real Scimitar (CVT-23) but they are the same boat, to a non-Carlson fan.
The CV-23HT has a cuddy, the CVT-23 does not. Also, the CVT-23 has a full length keel while the CV-23HT does not.
None of this detracts from the basic premise of a flying Scimitar as the aerodynamic properties of the CV-23HT and the CVT-23 are close enough as to be considered identical.
I had friends that had a couple Scimitars and we also sold the CV23's... both were cool boats and performed well with the 350.

HCS
10-16-2006, 03:06 PM
If they turn out to be totally successful I think it would be great.
I give him credit for trying to come up with a solution for traffic jams.
The car with wings wouldn't be practical in the city.

BajaMike
10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
The price is up to $2.1 million.
http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/91/53/50_1.JPG
:idea:

Sleek-Jet
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Does it come with a crane to fly it with??? :D
A dead end if there ever was one... :rolleyes:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing the price bid so far is a shill price.

lewiville
10-16-2006, 06:33 PM
...Besides...flying car has already been done...
http://www.jims-pages.com/foison/images/flyingcar.jpg
seen that car in real life and the 1986 world expo in B.C. Canada.

Riomouse911
10-17-2006, 12:33 AM
I about pissed my pants at the first few questions.. and the responses were straight and to the point. Obviously they didn't get it, which is what made it even funnier.

Hardly Satisfied
10-17-2006, 01:12 AM
that's crazy , who's going to buy that