PDA

View Full Version : ANY COOL STORIES ABOUT LANCE FAULKNER

ss121mph
01-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Hey everybody my name is shawn I am lances nephew.
Lance was my 7 yr old boy's hero and best friend, he loves readind stories and seeing pictures on this website about lance and racing. Just thought we'd see if anybody had any cool stories about lance.

CircleJerk
01-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Let me be the first! We met Lance over the phone while searching for other Lavey Craft circle Boat owners and found his # in the V-drive newsletter. First call to him and he talked like we were old friends, full of information and chatter while, I think, he helped customers at the store. Every now and then he would ask me to hold so he could help someone. I didnt mind, cause I had made the big CONTACT with an enthusiast like me, or in other words a 'v-driveaholic'. As time progressed, we had finished restoring our boat from a bare hull {$1400} and had tried drag racing it in the 13.00 second bracket. Robin, the Blondie, was doing OK at driving and Lance would give me tips on set-up but always encouraged me to move on to the "Fun Stuff" meaning circle racing. He lined me up with a Lady {Kay} who got us in touch with Paulie W. and wella, we had rules! After two events we still had not passed tech so back on the phone I went and Lance informed me of a late fall race in Yelm Wa. 220 miles from us. He mentioned how he had never set a record there and it almost seemed like the cards were stacked against him to do so. He never had any luck but was going anyway and would help me pass tech for my FIRST circle race. He always mentioned his Dads Lavey and had started accumulating parts for its restoration. He loaded up the parts he figured we would need and GAVE them to us! This never happened to me at the Drag races! 15 years of Pro Alcohol and no one had offered anything without a price tag! We had little sleep and food but had never felt so excited to pit next to this Champions Champion! The Faulkner Team had bad luck again, even after a double engine swap, they were not running in typical fine form. We were unsuccessful in installing the prop shaft release and when I tried to return the parts Lance said, "No way, we couldnt help you get on the water so keep the part, its from the Faulkners"! He is truly our inspiration today and one of the reasons my wife and I started the Nostalgic Circle Boats where boats like his Dads and ours can have a day in the sun once again! Thanks Lance from your friends, smile_sp Circle Jerk and the BlondeBombShell wink

ss121mph
02-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks circlejerk and blondebombsheel those were some nice words. That sure sounds like lance, he truly loved helping people out. wink Hell if he had it his way he'd lock the doors to the store and b.s. about racing all day. Every winter for the past 8 or 9 years we had planed on rebuilding the lavey but we always ended up tearing down and revamping the biesmeyer. Maybe someday.
Good luck you to. You have a good thing going with the Nostalgic racing!!
:D :D

blondie#1
02-07-2003, 08:10 AM
When I met Lance and his mom Marlene at Yelm WA., I was very impressed with the help and all around politeness from them. Again, Jerk & I are both used to the Car Drags. Unfortunately, they aren't that friendly. but, believe me they are very happy when you break. It is different with the boat people and Lance proved that. Plus, being a young man on top of it. It was very nice to visit with him and his crew that day. I was really amazed on how fast they could change engines out. The interesting thing was that some of his help were guys I raced with at the Frasier Drags! Anyway you look at it, it was a great experience for me, The Jerk & I thank him alot. Because of him, his crew and mom, I decided that circle racing would be for me also. Thanks Lance and the rest.
We went to Burley last year. I ended up in the same hotel as the Faulkners. It was good to get to talk with Lance's Mom and the rest abit. Marlene and Lance's Wife signed my t-shirt I had bought from them. I didn't have time to get the rest of them to sign it. The race at Burley was interesting, but expensive even for the spectators. I'm not used to paying to get in a see a race. Ours are always free to the Spectators. Good luck to you and your family. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

BILLY.B
02-08-2003, 07:48 AM
The trip to Neddles was alot of fun for myself and Lance. He said--Billy you will actually drive your boat around with out a helmet?. Well we took off on a river float with both of our boats and some other friends with the boats and we all just floated and B.S'd for awhile and then Lance decided to make a couple of runs in his K. with no helmet on. When he came back in he was stone deaf, couldn't hear a thing (pretty funny), and he said to be, I don't know how you can do that my head is absolutly ringing inside. We found a cool beach to hang out for awhile, did a little BB-Quing, a little more making fun of each other or of someone, and Jerry/Video Guy talked Lance and I into doing the fishing picture. (CLASSIC PIC). I told Lance, could you imagine if we showed up at a bass tournament and took off to our favorite fishing hole when the gun went off. They would just crap there pants. We had lots of slogans that day for the picture but we never had the chance to get that project started. We would of pissed off alot of O.B. guys if we had finished it, all in good fun though. Had alot of fun ribbing each other through out the years and I will miss that. :( Take care, and I'm sure you will catch up with Lance someday at one of GODS local racing holes cause you know thats were Lance is at wink

CircleJerk
02-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Love that picture Billie! smile_sp Your JeRkNesS...

blondie#1
02-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey People! Let's get some stories for the kidlets of the Faulkner family. I now you all have some stories to share? I know the family would enjoy them!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.