PDA

View Full Version : The Bears and Cardinals Game

Bow Tie Omega
10-17-2006, 08:25 AM
DId any of you see this game, if you could call it that. Some of you know that I was born, raised and lived in SoCal (Mission Viejo and Temecula) until just over 2 years ago, when we made the move to AZ. Since us SoCal folks only have SC as our resident "pro" team by proxy, after Al and Georgia left us (bastards) with their disrespected Raiders and Rams, and I could never bring myself to drinking the Charger kool-aid (although I tried), I figured I would jump behind the team of where I now live...The Cardinals. This was not to difficult. With the hire of Dennis Green in the past couple of years, a decent defense and an offense on the rise, along with the sigining of the Edgerin James and Matt Leinart, I figured hey, they might not be to bad. Oooohhh my goodness. How these fans here have done this since 1988 is beyond me. After the finish of the game, it was hard to explain, very eerie. Almost palpable. The entire valley came to a stop, it was so odd, something out of the twilight zone. I was at work late, so I was listening to the game on the radio. Hearing and not seeing the game unravel before my eyes was bad enough. After the game, on the post game show, these guys were actually speechless, people would call in blaming everyone from the Bidwell family to Dennis Green to Kurt Warner to the offensive line, someone even blamed the state of Arizona. And the hosts had no response other then thank you for your call. At this point I was pretty much done with the whole debacle, so I went back to FM. THe alternative station here was not playing music, they were talking about the game, an hour after it was over. So I went to a classic rock station....no music, the game...So I went to a country station.....same, the game. YOu would have thought the president died, no one was playing music an hour and a half after the game, they were talking about the game. I am a huge SC fan and I think the world of Matt Leinart, but I am speechless................Does anyone have any of that Chargers kool-aid :220v:

Bow Tie Omega
10-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Sorry for any grammatical errors, I am in a rush

Jordy
10-17-2006, 08:34 AM
There might be 3 or 4 or 5 threads going on it from last night... ;)
Oh, and RD SUX. :D

CARLSON-JET
10-17-2006, 11:32 AM
For some reason, last nights game is a big topic around these parts. :crossx: :D :D

Bow Tie Omega
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, thats cool, good luck with that QB of yours. Now that the Cardinals have figured out for the rest of the league how to scare the hell out of your QB, I think it is safe to say you can put away that cassette of the Super Bowl Shuffle. :yuk: :boxed:

Old Texan
10-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Brian Uhrlacher is the only man alive Chuck Norris fears. And now the Crdinal nation knows why.

Debbolas
10-17-2006, 01:19 PM
My cousin in Illinois was very happy last night :D