PDA

View Full Version : Easements...dammit I can't catch a break

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 02:47 PM
We found a house last week, a real nice one.
Vaulted ceilings, nice size, two fireplaces 15,000 sq lot in the corner and a buddy lives 5 doors up. What more could you ask for?
Perfect size, more than big enough to build a 2-3 car second garage in the back.
Dammit, a sewer pipe for the neighborhood runs under the side yard.
The city didn't seem to receptive to adding structures over the easement.
The search continues.
The house next door is the mirrored layout of the house I was looking at. with no easement of course. Too bad it isn't for sale.
Think they might want to trade?
Brian

CA Stu
10-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Brian
Build a big mirror and trick them.
Cheers
CA Stu
PS I bet if you are patient, you'll find another one you like just as much, if not better.

redi4fun
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
This house might be big enough for you. Decent size shop. :)
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=88406

MsDrmr
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Before you fall in love with the next house, pull the plans for it and if there are no easements, THEN go look at the house....silly :p

seanv
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
where's this place located??

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2006, 02:59 PM
where's this place located??
Chino...

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Before you fall in love with the next house, pull the plans for it and if there are no easements, THEN go look at the house....silly :p
yes maam.
I did better than this time than I did when I bought this house in San Bernardino.
I'm getting better.
Brian

CA Stu
So guy and gal are making out, gal says "Oooo, kiss me where it stinks!" , so the guy drove her to Chino.
Thanks
CA Stu

wsuwrhr
Sweet, that is what I love so much about this site.
I have to register to send the guy a Pm.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Chino...
Getting on it sir.

seanv
10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Chino...
yep got the bad news already

redi4fun
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Sweet, that is what I love so much about this site.
I have to register to send the guy a Pm.
Brian
Brian,
Look here, this guy can probably get you the contact info.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130550 :)

MsDrmr
10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
yes maam.
I did better than this time than I did when I bought this house in San Bernardino.
I'm betting better.
Brian
And who dares say a man can't learn :) (jk)

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Getting on it sir.
Already on it... like stink on/in Chino.....;) :D

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:14 PM
yep got the bad news already
not great news, but good news.
Chino isn't the target area, but it is getting warm.

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
The funny thing is, most of the farms have been turned into houses, the the stink is mostly gone.
It is kinda sad.
Brian
So guy and gal are making out, gal says "Oooo, kiss me where it stinks!" , so the guy drove her to Chino.
Thanks
CA Stu

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
And who dares say a man can't learn :) (jk)
Below the belt girl, below the belt.

MsDrmr
10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Below the belt girl, below the belt.
sorry, I was aiming for the gut..next time wear protection I'm obviously a bad aim :rolleyes:
Dork

redi4fun
10-17-2006, 03:24 PM
not great news, but good news.
Chino isn't the target area, but it is getting warm.
I have friends that live in Chino. What I have read and seen for myself is that alot of the cow farms are packing up and leaving because they were getting some serious cash for their property.

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I have friends that live in Chino. What I have read and seen for myself is that alot of the cow farms are packing up and leaving because they were getting some serious cash for their property.
Pretty much all of the cow farms that stayed in business packed up and moved to northern cal.
Pretty sad as I mentioned before.
I grew up in Ontario and it was nice to have open space, farms and mountains
nearby.
When I bought my first motorcycle I loved riding down Archibald, I think, through to Norco past all the dairy farms.
Very few stop signs, stop lights and plenty of open space to get away from
Johnny Law. Ahhh the days of clicking off 140 MPH in relative obscurity.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Nice
sorry, I was aiming for the gut..next time wear protection I'm obviously a bad aim :rolleyes:
Dork

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks,
BTW, apparently I was already a member.
Guy called me back within a half hour.
Nice place, too bad, alot out of my price range.

DaveA
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
The funny thing is, most of the farms have been turned into houses, the the stink is mostly gone.
It is kinda sad.
Brian
What relatively little time I've spent out there (being a native NC RightSider) was spent to a degree in Chino, particularly the airport (Big Surprise). I was struck by how many dairy farms were in the area, and that familiar fragrance of bovine excrement wafting thru the afternoon breezes. Reminded me of North Huntersville, or South Cornelius, in this area of N. Mecklenburgia County before the greedy developers started throwing around (to the poor farmers) large amounts of moola ("Hey Uncle Clem, if you don't sell to that there Real Estate Man fum New York, I think Aunt Clara oughta have yer head examined! It'll never be worth any more than that!"). They, in turn, have made megamillions here, as well as they have, no doubt, in Chino.
Not that makin' money on real estate is a Bad Thing, mind you. I just wasn't able to cash in with 'em.... :mad:
Brian, I hope you find your dream home. Just bring your money and your talent and move here; it'll buy alot more. 80,000 people in 18 months have already.... :rolleyes:

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Anyone have any experience building a garage on stilts?
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Chino was once nothing but dairy farms. Below the 60 Fwy, nothing at all really.
Problem is I have visited other states and cities, but never lived in any state, as an adult, other than California.
So I don't know what I am missing. On the flip side, I can say that California is the best because I haven't been anywhere else.
Brian
What relatively little time I've spent out there (being a native NC RightSider) was spent to a degree in Chino, particularly the airport (Big Surprise). I was struck by how many dairy farms were in the area, and that familiar fragrance of bovine excrement wafting thru the afternoon breezes. Reminded me of North Huntersville, or South Cornelius, in this area of N. Mecklenburgia County before the greedy developers started throwing around (to the poor farmers) large amounts of moola ("Hey Uncle Clem, if you don't sell to that there Real Estate Man fum New York, I think Aunt Clara oughta have yer head examined! It'll never be worth any more than that!"). They, in turn, have made megamillions here, as well as they have, no doubt, in Chino.
Not that makin' money on real estate is a Bad Thing, mind you. I just wasn't able to cash in with 'em.... :mad:
Brian, I hope you find your dream home. Just bring your money and your talent and move here; it'll buy alot more. 80,000 people in 18 months have already.... :rolleyes:

MsDrmr
10-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Nice
Thanks,,I did it just for you :p
Hoped to make you smile

3 daytona`s
10-17-2006, 06:31 PM
We found a house last week, a real nice one.
Vaulted ceilings, nice size, two fireplaces 15,000 sq lot in the corner and a buddy lives 5 doors up. What more could you ask for?
Perfect size, more than big enough to build a 2-3 car second garage in the back.
Dammit, a sewer pipe for the neighborhood runs under the side yard.
The city didn't seem to receptive to adding structures over the easement.
The search continues.
The house next door is the mirrored layout of the house I was looking at. with no easement of course. Too bad it isn't for sale.
Brian
So,this is the big ass-ache in your life :idea: :)

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks,,I did it just for you :p
Hoped to make you smile
Hitting below the belt will not make me smile
laughs
Meanie
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
So,this is the big ass-ache in your life :idea: :)
???
Meaning?
Not a big pain, but certainly an obstacle needing climbing over.
Brian

BrendellaJet
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
tell the city you will pay to have the line moved to a part of the yard that will not infringe on the easement. LOL that should be easy & cheap, right?