PDA

View Full Version : Who else misses the no. 1 plate in supercross

DEEZ NUTTS
01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I do. If I was RC I would deffinatly run it. I'm thinkin that Stewart will when its his turn.
Takes a bad ass to even make it to the main, let alone win the title.

pixilatedpussy
01-18-2006, 09:17 PM
It was sweet, remember the blue back ground during the McGrath era!!!

Roxysnow
01-18-2006, 09:33 PM
RC is known for #4. Should stick with it! Mcgrath stands out as #1 when I think out Supercross!

doesitfloat?
01-18-2006, 10:14 PM
They stay with their respective numbers (RC #4, etc.) because they have seen what "number recognition" has done for Nascar. Look at all the rednecks who have seven different slanted racing number stickers on the rear windshield.
Number recognition equals $$$$$.
Say you have a little yellow motorcycle toy. Put a #4 on it and now it costs double because it's an RC bike.

RiverRatMike
01-18-2006, 11:58 PM
and I have Chad Reeds #22 sticker on the rear window of my truck.

JetBoatRich
01-19-2006, 05:04 AM
Nice having a number stick with the rider/driver :cool:

Dribble
01-19-2006, 08:09 AM
I do. If I was RC I would deffinatly run it. I'm thinkin that Stewart will when its his turn.
Takes a bad ass to even make it to the main, let alone win the title.
RC has said that out of respect for McGrath, he will not run the number 1 plate unless he breaks his Supercross win record.

AZJD
01-19-2006, 08:21 AM
It is a $$$$$$ thing, they run there #'s because the last two dominant supercross champions have not relinquished the title very often. Jeremy lost it for one year in 97' and Ricky lost it 2 years ago due to injury. The #1 doesn't mean as much when it doesn't change possesion but every 10 years. I think this trend will continue when Bubba becomes a complete rider and gains the championship and doesn't let it go for 4 or 5 years. Bubba has simply added another trophy to his case by being awarded a single digit AMA number,(you get these when your point total is high enough to put you into this ranking) which I would not be surprised to see him keep even if, he does win a championship in the next 2 seasons. You are awarded a single digit number permanatly i.e, McGrath, Reed, Carmicheal, Larocco, Brown, Tedesco....These guys will keep these numbers as long as they are earning at least one point in their perspective class per season.
Carmicheal did run the #1 his last race on the Honda so to give recognition to the company of their achievments!

riverracerx
01-19-2006, 09:45 AM
I run the #1 plate, but that is just because I am so damn good!
Oh wait, no I don't. I don't even own a bike right now? :idea:

AZJD
01-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I run the #1 plate, but that is just because I am so damn good!
Oh wait, no I don't. I don't even own a bike right now? :idea:
I'm reserved to just running the #1 finger.....(see motorcycle crash stories thread)