PDA

View Full Version : pro's and con's of wedges.

beerjet
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Planning on a little R & D and what would be the best way to go on wedges . Plastic or aluminum . I've seen some aluminum wedges for an ungodly amount of money along with the gasket that goes in between them cuz I will F' those up to .
-beerjet-

beerjet
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
You got gaskets on both sides. How many are you using

Cs19
10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Ive broken dozens of plastic wedges, I cant make a lap down the track without blowing them to pieces.
Where did you see these aluminum wedges for sale?

beerjet
10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Ive broken dozens of plastic wedges, I cant make a lap down the track without blowing them to pieces.
Where did you see these aluminum wedges for sale?
Cant remember off hand but I'm lookin for it .

Cs19
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
use gaskets with alum wedges, with plastic most people dont use gaskets.
Chris.

beerjet
10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
http://www.arsmarine.com/ under pump parts . Price is kind of high but what the fock do I know.
-beerjet-

460 jus getn it
10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
I have used both. I have a problem keeping from not blowing the gaskets out when i run the alum wedge. When i blew my droop i had a 6 alum, i probally wont ever use it again. I have have 3-7 deg in my pump at any given time(plastic) and never had a problem with it. I dont run anything on the plastics just install um and go.

Aluminum Squirt
10-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Could the aluminum ones be O ringed easily? Would this solve any problems? I have a good picture of a white water set up but I don't know how to post a picture. I can fire it off to somebody if they want to post it here. Looks like the bowl was studded, maybe double studded, and they put what looks like a giant hose clamp around the gasket areas to keep the gaskets from blowing out. Just a thought, its not my set up and I'm not that knowledgable on the subject but always want to learn more-Aluminum Squirt

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I have blown alot of gaskets out of my aluminum wedges. The plastic ones are designed to seal themselves. thats why they have the grooves in them;)

Cs19
10-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Aluminum, send that pic over to Cstark1978@yahoo.com and i will post it. thanks

sanger rat
10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
ARS can o-ring wedges if you want

beerjet
10-18-2006, 08:24 PM
ARS can o-ring wedges if you want
I wonder how much an already $89 wedge is going to cost

Duane HTP
10-19-2006, 02:57 AM
If you are having trouble blowing wedge gaskets, ( or plastic), Take your droop, snoot, or nozzle housing and your bowl and have the surface of them milled. Something is off. Be sure to make it a rough cut. Smoothe in those areas is not good. I've seen people who have never had a problem remove gaskets by sanding them off with an abrasive pad, After that they could not keep a gasket in them.

Wicked Performance Boats
10-19-2006, 07:25 AM
If you are having trouble blowing wedge gaskets, ( or plastic), Take your droop, snoot, or nozzle housing and your bowl and have the surface of them milled. Something is off. Be sure to make it a rough cut. Smoothe in those areas is not good. I've seen people who have never had a problem remove gaskets by sanding them off with an abrasive pad, After that they could not keep a gasket in them.
That's the best advice I've heard yet! Double drill them at the same time, if you have'nt done it yet. Budlight