PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Races and or Parker

GN Nostalgia Racer
04-14-2003, 06:42 AM
In answer to some questions...
Yes, there is a speed limit,
Yes, there are rules.
Rule #1. have a safe, fun experience
We in the nostalgia groupe don't descriminate, we try to include any and everyone who has a boat to compete. The more racers that participate, the more separate classes we can put on.ie, Flat bottoms, crackers, v-bottom, jets, any engine configeration, age of hull.
and yes, if anyone does not like the rules/format or the races are more than welcome and encouraged to come up with a better idea and (this next item is the hard part) actively work at the organization and put on the races. This separates the men from the boys. Everone can bad mouth anything, but how many can step up and DO IT?......I can only think of Two who have done it. Lets hear from those who are willing to get involved. I would love to just bring my boat to a race and run it. It takes commitment and drive to organize, canjole, berate, lean on, talk into and goad people to race. I hear plenty of excuses but few answer the call.

CircleJerk
04-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Amen to that!!!! smile_sp Keep up the good work JB...Nostalgia is contageous...and spreads fun everywhere! smile_sp However, there's always a couple of JeRks hollerin from the rear!!!!! smile_sp I hear they usually play sports from their recliner! I sold mine!

Sangster
04-15-2003, 05:48 AM
Jest think..In time it will all be Nostalgia, so why not be part of it.. :D

GN117 Big Dawg
04-15-2003, 06:53 AM
Well put Jim, Kudos! I was so tempted to respond to some of the stuff I saw here, but kept loosing my temper.Before I do that I'll just zip my lip. Looks like ol' Sangster is starting to get it, we are all racin' Dinasours' any way. The Nostolgia classes may be the only place to race before too long anyway.

superdave013
04-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Hey GN Nostalgia Racer, I would like to get involved somehow. It won't be racing so if you need any help with anything at the Long Beach race or any other local one please let me know. Give me a call @ 714 814 2503.