PDA

View Full Version : Boats on pinks?

Cs19
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
We should try and get some boats on pinks during our off season..Jet vs. flat would be ideal.
Ive got a bunch of parts Id kick in to get a boat out there if it was possibility and Im sure some of the others here would be willing to contribute.. It would be a great way to promote our sport.
Some of these episodes on lately are pathetic, crappy eqiuptment that makes for a bad showing.

wsuwrhr
10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
There is no way I would have anything to do with putting the pink on the line.
One thing I DO NOT miss about street racing is the drama.
Brian

TRG
10-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I'de give anything to the bald guy trying to stand up in a "DINGY" and try to keep his arm still for launch! LOL

Cs19
10-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Todd,It would be easy if we did it at the races during down time or for a 'half time show". Im sure Fegan would go for this, that would be a heckuva show for the fans.
dont get me wrong here, I would not put my pink slip on the line,Im thinking more along the lines of building something for the show with spare parts and maybe some help from any shops who would be interested in getting some advertising on national TV. From what i see on the show they cover the cars with sponsors.
just an idea, i think if they would go for what we proposed it would be a good show, better than this crap on right now.

beerjet
10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
All you need to do is straigthen out the bottom and spin and squeeze the piss out of the motor . Other than the motor , not much at stake . Especially if you geta bunch of parts donated .I got an intake and suction housing and a few other odds and ends.
-beerjet-

W.O.T
10-18-2006, 11:09 PM
that would be a sweet show in addition with the cars. maybe we could get later to be our driver.

Cheyenne372
10-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Have any of you seen this website.....Pretty neat if you're looking for something to do....
http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/game/index.html

Bense468
10-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I Will Give You 3 Boat Lengths And A 5 Beers. In Return You Have To Take Out The Pep Boys Nos Sub.

Nucking futs
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
After watching the flame thrower from last night that show really is going the wrong direction. It would be awesome to get a couple of boats to do this deal. I have spare parts to throw at one.

superdave013
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
so you guys think that show is real? lol

Nucking futs
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
C'mon Dave, its on t.v. It has to be real, Kinda like the WWF wrestling...

Cs19
10-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Whats unreal about the show?
Loosing your pink is not just for show, its the real deal. If you mean sandbagging...Absolutly, thats the name of the game.

Goad
10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
i think this is a bad idea....it will attract the wrong people to the boating industry.....
it will do the same thing that MTV/Girls Gone Wild did to places like coper canyon/sand bar.
next thing you know, there will be a fast and the furious for drag boats :messedup:

centerhill condor
10-19-2006, 12:32 PM
next thing you know, there will be a fast and the furious for drag boats :messedup:
there couldn't be a show that stupid with boats...they'd forget to put in the plug and they'd drown!

Goad
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
there couldn't be a show that stupid with boats...they'd forget to put in the plug and they'd drown!
you have a point there.
imagine that....boat drifting. :yuk:
not to get off the topic....but i just wanted to state how much i HATE drifting. it is the ice capades of motorsports.

centerhill condor
10-19-2006, 12:50 PM
drifting. it is the ice capades of motorsports.
now, that's funny!

superdave013
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Whats unreal about the show?
Loosing your pink is not just for show, its the real deal. If you mean sandbagging...Absolutly, thats the name of the game.
so you personaly know someone who lost or won a car on that show?
I just think in general those reality shows are very far from reality. Maybe Pinks is different.

disco_charger
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
So no free braided line for the ***boat.com JustJets boat on Pinks? :p

Cs19
10-19-2006, 02:18 PM
No i dont know anyone personally Dave. I just read about it on some other sites where people ARE involved and have apparently lost their pinks. There was also a thread here on the boards somewhere (cant find it right now) where someone had contacted the bald guy who produces the show and he claimed everything you see is real and at the end of the day someone WILL lose their pink slip. I also recall him being interested in doing a show with boats.

77charger
10-19-2006, 02:20 PM
doesnt make it interesting if it is a boat put together for the show.What makes it is personal boats on the line!!
Would remind me of streetracing where i need 10 boatspaces etc.you wont go no where Just run um HEADS UPS!!
Besides my boat is too slow so i can give space either :crossx: :crossx: but its all motor

Cs19
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I found an old thread in the v-drive forums...Its basically the same thing being discussed as here, although there is one interesting post from Scarlata, check it out...
http://***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100651&highlight=pinks

Cs19
10-19-2006, 02:30 PM
doesnt make it interesting if it is a boat put together for the show.What makes it is personal boats on the line!!
Would remind me of streetracing where i need 10 boatspaces etc.you wont go no where Just run um HEADS UPS!!
Besides my boat is too slow so i can give space either :crossx: :crossx: but its all motor
Who is going to put there personal boat on the line? I know I wouldnt but Id bust my ass to build something with spare parts and put a bunch of nitrous to it to make it fast enough.
Most of the guys on that show do the same thing, although there were a few episodes where some very nice cars were on the line, I thought those were the best episodes by far.

superdave013
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
So no free braided line for the ***boat.com JustJets boat on Pinks? :p
I will plumb the boat for a nice Logo in the deck and sides.
We'll use Push Lok hose and fittings. Hey, that stuff is lighter. :)

superdave013
10-19-2006, 02:57 PM
No i dont know anyone personally Dave. I just read about it on some other sites where people ARE involved and have apparently lost their pinks. There was also a thread here on the boards somewhere (cant find it right now) where someone had contacted the bald guy who produces the show and he claimed everything you see is real and at the end of the day someone WILL lose their pink slip. I also recall him being interested in doing a show with boats.
ok ok, when a hull is found I have some goodies to kick in too.

Cs19
10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
ok ok, when a hull is found I have some goodies to kick in too.
All we need is a featherweight (300 lbs) wicked 18 or a socal boats 19' gullwing or daytona, worst case scenario we get a 19 southwind v-bottom out of the trader and gut it,flip it, straigthen the bottom, exent the center strakes all the way back like a gullwing throw a loud paint job on it and spray lots of nitrous to it and we'll be a contender. :)

Infomaniac
10-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Yea he has lost a lot of patience with negotiating. LOL
Looks like there have been a lot on no shows too.
It would be funny to see him swim out the start barge and give a standing start to a pair of boats.

beerjet
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
You focker's got my blood pumping big time . One question though . Who and how is the money gathering to purchase going to take place. Otherwise count me in on the late night , long hour rigging fest.
-beerjet-

beerjet
10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I just remebered that last week I cut up a 20' biesmeyer splash hull and an 18' nordic . Sorry.
-beerjet-

RCB19
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
I know somebody that has a few parts recently available for the Pink Rocket... :skull:

moneysucker
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I say get it lined up and just buy a pile over the winter and throw enough NOS at it to win a couple rounds. I would be willing to do something with this. Could be fun.
Cy

Jet Hydro
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
so you personaly know someone who lost or won a car on that show?
Why YES I DO!!!!!!! :220v: :)

mouzer
10-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I say get it lined up and just buy a pile over the winter and throw enough NOS at it to win a couple rounds. I would be willing to do something with this. Could be fun.
Cy Hey CY, ive got the perfect Pyle complete 74 18ft KONA 455 olds,berkly jet,all sanded and primer spots all over it.THE UGLY! check pictures in the spam section.

moneysucker
10-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Mouzer, how did I know you may have something for sale. How many boats have you owned so far? I say you and Slotracer have a competition and see who has had more. I think Pat keeps all his though.

jag2
10-19-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122455&highlight=hornet
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128825
I know its bad taste making this suggestion since its not my boat but its a fast hull...................................and he said something about racing it :crossx:

QuickJet
10-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Why YES I DO!!!!!!! :220v: :)
So do I. It's REAL and they take your shitt!!!

gforceauto
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
we'll i know the guys here in Okc. that were on pinks and won the hairy vega.
they were on pinks twice. so its a real show.
T

beerjet
10-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey CY, ive got the perfect Pyle complete 74 18ft KONA 455 olds,berkly jet,all sanded and primer spots all over it.THE UGLY! check pictures in the spam section.
You were my first thought for this.
-beerjet-

superdave013
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Ok Ok, so the show is real.
I think this would be GREAT expousre for a Wicked hull!
Maybe Info could help with some power?

Jet Hydro
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
we'll i know the guys here in Okc. that were on pinks and won the hairy vega.
they were on pinks twice. so its a real show.
T
He`s the guy I was talking about... :rollside: :)
the Ok City guy`s play a good game to say the least. I think there is a plan for a Dallas trip here real soon for some street racing from what I was told. I might take my Camaro down for this one :220v:

TRG
10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Oddly enough!...I am building a new boat this season and seem to have a red/white Rogers layin' around and would not think twice if we had sufficient pwr to donate, the boat is complete minus power and pump (+misc. pts.) Naturally i think i would have to have the largest sponsor space, or otherwise the hull is going to be for sale at anytime, since the transom issue, i have beat the shart out of this hull, Bottom is board strait!, and it is not really a heavy hull, my guestemate is mid 5's-600lbs she's water tight and NO issues!
I read somewhere that, on their website (a while back), that they were considering anything,...even boats!
This would be pretty bitchen,...and we have a hull!

Cs19
10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Todd the Rogers would be PERFECT.Id be willing to do whatever we needed in the rigging department and Ive got all sorts of spare parts at my shop that I would donate as well.
Maybe the v-drive guys can slam something togethor as well and we could go battle it out on Pinks. How cool would that be?
:)

superdave013
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Todd the Rogers would be PERFECT.Id be willing to do whatever we needed in the rigging department and Ive got all sorts of spare parts at my shop that I would donate as well.
Maybe the v-drive guys can slam something togethor as well and we could go battle it out on Pinks. How cool would that be?
:)
I bet the guys over at Scream and Fly could get something together.
A ***boat.com -vs- Screamandfly.com would be cool.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I have some parts as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW ABOUT A CADDY 500?????????????????????????

bergen
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
hey guys i dont have any parts for the boat, but i could be the loud mouth a-s-s-ho-le that talks shit to the other racer, bergen

cyclone
10-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Oddly enough!...I am building a new boat this season and seem to have a red/white Rogers layin' around and would not think twice if we had sufficient pwr to donate, the boat is complete minus power and pump (+misc. pts.) Naturally i think i would have to have the largest sponsor space, or otherwise the hull is going to be for sale at anytime, since the transom issue, i have beat the shart out of this hull, Bottom is board strait!, and it is not really a heavy hull, my guestemate is mid 5's-600lbs she's water tight and NO issues!
I read somewhere that, on their website (a while back), that they were considering anything,...even boats!
This would be pretty bitchen,...and we have a hull!
I've got parts and I'll drive if you don't wanna. I'm sure i can squeak out every last mph outta that thing til shit falls off it! :smile_
sp:
I'm thinking all we need is a mild bbc and a 500 shot to win over any wacker!

Nucking futs
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm sure i can squeak out every last mph outta that thing til shit falls off it! :smile_
sp:
Thats not funny. we dont need no shit flyin off.
I have a block.