PDA

View Full Version : Bad ass skills and photo..............

clownpuncher
10-18-2006, 11:46 PM
A pic shot by one of our military personnel during a medevac of wounded American soldiers in Afganistan. Awesome stuff. God bless em all.
ROC
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536helo_rescue.jpg

RitcheyRch
10-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Awesome.

andy01
10-19-2006, 04:51 AM
No joke that is some serious skill!

Sportin' Wood
10-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Amazing!

SummerBreeze
10-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow

Bradman
10-19-2006, 06:38 AM
That could be the cover shot for Time Magazine. Awesome!!!

Jbb
10-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Skillful pilots... (http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Afghanistan/afghanistan_chinooks_15.html)

sigepmock
10-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah those guys have some skills. Last day of SERE(survival school) Air Force Special Forces came in and "rescued" us with a Chinock. Two AH-1 Cobra's came in and laid down cover fire and then the big boy came in hot. I was to myself there's no way he's gonna get that thing stopped before he runs of of canyon.....then the Pilot stood the thing on it's tail to scrub speed and then sat just the ass end of the thing down, as we dove in. I knew it was all fake but after a few days(two weeks) in the woods with little food or water....seeing that big mamma coming over the trees with the door gunners hanging out the side lighting them up....it was awesome ...still gives me the chills thinking about.
After we jumped in...they pulled up to about 15 feet of the ground and started picking up speed.....but we were in a small mountain valley and there was no where to go as far as I could see.....we hit the end of the canyon, he pulled the nose straight up and stood the thing up on it's tail ....spun it around 180 degrees and then hauled butt back out the way he came in. After that day I had a ton more respect for the rotary guys, us fixed wing guys had nothing on them.
Chris

Hardly Satisfied
10-19-2006, 07:41 AM
That is Awesome

Ziggy
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
God bless those men.........awesome pic ROC.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
There are some SERIOUSLY GOOD rotor-drivers out there, that shot is a fine example of 2 of 'em. Great shot. :cool: :cool: :cool:

centerhill condor
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I can't believe the mud hut holds up the rear of the chopper...surely, the rear wheels are just barely on the hut! now that is skill.

nhbuoy
10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
...I've done quite a bit of heli-skiing...Most of the pilots are ex-service pilots...They can, and DO some AMAZING things with choppers...

VanDeano
10-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Amazing thing is these guys are probably still wet behind the ears.

SoCalSouthpaw
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah those guys have some skills. Last day of SERE(survival school) Air Force Special Forces came in and "rescued" us with a Chinock. Two AH-1 Cobra's came in and laid down cover fire and then the big boy came in hot. I was to myself there's no way he's gonna get that thing stopped before he runs of of canyon.....then the Pilot stood the thing on it's tail to scrub speed and then sat just the ass end of the thing down, as we dove in. I knew it was all fake but after a few days(two weeks) in the woods with little food or water....seeing that big mamma coming over the trees with the door gunners hanging out the side lighting them up....it was awesome ...still gives me the chills thinking about.
After we jumped in...they pulled up to about 15 feet of the ground and started picking up speed.....but we were in a small mountain valley and there was no where to go as far as I could see.....we hit the end of the canyon, he pulled the nose straight up and stood the thing up on it's tail ....spun it around 180 degrees and then hauled butt back out the way he came in. After that day I had a ton more respect for the rotary guys, us fixed wing guys had nothing on them.
Chris
Cool story. Thanks for sharing. :cool: