PDA

View Full Version : Hondo jet hydro

taxman
01-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Anybody know anything about them I just picked on up and I will post picks later. It has a LS7 and it sounds very healthy!!!!!!!! Says its about 600 ponies

taxman
01-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Forgot to mention all original.

Cas
01-19-2006, 07:56 AM
cool looking boats but they take a lot to get them to run. You should do a search here on HB for Jet Hydro as the user name, he's done a ton to his hydro.

sdba069
01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I owned one about 20 years ago. Pretty cool looking, but very unimpressive performance.

atxwrangler
01-19-2006, 05:10 PM
cool taxman,let us see some pictures! we love pictures! :cool:

Jet Hydro
01-19-2006, 08:12 PM
I`m happy with the preformance I get out of mine.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Back in the day someone was running over 130 with one.

fakethis
01-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Anyone know of any jet hydros for sale ? Close to Md ?

Jet Hydro
01-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Back in the day someone was running over 130 with one.
That was a Sanger Tunnel/Hydro not a Hondo Hydro

sdba069
01-20-2006, 07:52 AM
My understanding, it had a fuel motor in it. I've heard about that thing for a while, but never actually saw any proof.

Cas
01-20-2006, 08:02 AM
I`m happy with the preformance I get out of mine.
you better be, you only redesigned and redid the bottom to make it that way. Good looking boat though!

Jet Hydro
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Cas how right you are :cool: I`m the only one to figure out what they needed and it only took someone 25 years to do it....lmao Now I`m ready for more motor :220v:

Jet Hydro
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Gary
yes, it did have a fuel motor in it. I`v talked with em many times while I was designing the bottom of my hydro. Nice guy and he was really open with me on what he did and what he had.
This is the boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/421343Again-med.jpg (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/421343Again-med.jpg)

sdba069
01-20-2006, 03:35 PM
That's a wreck looking for a place to happen. Being different is an okay thing, but relatively speaking, take the same power that you have in yours and drop it off in any half ass little tunnel or gull wing and run a second or more quicker and 10 miles per hour faster. Not trying to be mean to you Steve and I give you credit for staying the course with yours.

sleekcrafter
01-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Gary
yes, it did have a fuel motor in it. I`v talked with em many times while I was designing the bottom of my hydro. Nice guy and he was really open with me on what he did and what he had.
This is the boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/421343Again-med.jpg (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/421343Again-med.jpg)
Seeing the picture is mind blowing, to say the least. Can't help but wonder why, this was not the ultimate design. You have two sponsons holding the desired attitude, a small pod down the center of the boat to ride on. The only down side, is the CG changes as the boat climbs on the sponsons, but it's not like its a lake boat. Sounds like he had same success...Very cool though :rollside:
Sleek

taxman
01-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Who will post pics for me???/

taxman
01-22-2006, 12:38 PM
anybody

sdba069
01-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I'll do it. snowman069@hotmail.com

sdba069
01-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Within reason.

Jet Hydro
01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
That's a wreck looking for a place to happen. Being different is an okay thing, but relatively speaking, take the same power that you have in yours and drop it off in any half ass little tunnel or gull wing and run a second or more quicker and 10 miles per hour faster. Not trying to be mean to you Steve and I give you credit for staying the course with yours.
Gary speaking form someone that has been there a time or two I can say that you have no clue to what you are talking about. Not trying to pick shit with ya but you have no clue as you didn't really didnt do anything with the one you worked on. It`s easy to say it wont work or "it`s a wreck looking for a place to happen" when you couldn't or cant figure out how to make one work. I`v ran mine out of the water and I`v ran it flat. From what I have found out, the best ride is with the sponsons just ticking the water and the tail up on the intake.Takes a lot of motor to run one with the sponsons wet and then you take a chance of digging one in on a roller. The only problem I have found with mine now that the bottom is done is the weight. If I could take off about 300lbs I`d be a lot happier. I say they can be a good fun boat as I have one, but like anything else "you have to use your head or it can bite you in the ass!"
BTW:: my motor was in a tunnel and only ran in the 10`s, I can run high 10`s so there`s not much difference other then I have a 800lb hull and he had a 400lb hull. Do the math and figure it out.

sdba069
01-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Easy there Steve. I compliment you for sticking it out, although I would have spent my time and money somewhere else. As far as the comment on "a wreck looking for a place to happen", just look at the picture, that pretty much covers that. I'm not your enemy, just stating fact. Good luck and success with yours.

Jet Hydro
01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Gary it`s all good here ;)
I`v had the same ride myself so I know what it`s like and how it feels. It`s far from a wreck looking for a place to happen as matter of fact I would rather have a hydro lift then a V Bottom or a tunnel hull. Never heard of a Jet Hydro crashing have ya??????
This one was a bad set up but I still won the race and drove it out the back door
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213Wacorace2-med.bmp (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213Wacorace2-med.bmp)
This one I was fender racing and hit the gas hard at 1000 foot to take the win. I had a good set up but as you know when you give a jet boat a shot of HP it tends to lift the nose.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213IMG_2935-med.jpg (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213IMG_2935-med.jpg)

sdba069
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
The guy who bought mine spun it out and hit another boat, destroying both of them. He was showing his ass running by his buddies boat pretty much wide open. On his last fly-by, he thought he was a little too close and backed out of the gas thinking he would steer away, and OOOPPPSS. He was banged up pretty good after being ejected from his boat and hitting the other boat, but survived. I think there may have been a six pack and some semi nude ladies involved. I think that happened on Lake Murray near Ardmore, Ok a few years ago. I heard what was left of it had ended up in Kansas or Missouri with intentions of repair, but never heard any more about it.

Jet Hydro
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Maybe I`m just lucky? or maybe I`m good? All I know is that I`v had some pretty good luck with mine and never came close to crashing. :220v: Knock on wood :D
PS.... you might tell that guy to never lift if you have to turn in a jet boat ;)

sdba069
01-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Hope you never do !

gimme-three-steps
01-25-2006, 02:07 AM
I have always loved the hull, the brendella is another one that is beautifull to watch.

mj680
01-25-2006, 06:26 AM
That was a Sanger Tunnel/Hydro not a Hondo Hydro
Dean Willis held the NDBA Blown Fuel Jet Record in a Sanger Jet Hydro At 133+ MPH in about 1974.Dean went on to build these boats as a Willis Jet Hydro.I don't know what kind of deal he had with Sanger Jack. :cool:

Jet Hydro
01-25-2006, 07:49 AM
it`s been a few years but Dean told me he had to build some kind of air dam in the tunnels or something to control the air in his race boat. Cant really remember what he said because he told me that his boat was nothing like mine as he took an old tunnel hull he had and made it look like a Hydro. I asked him why he built it that way and he said that only reason was that he knew that the tunnel hull worked and wanted to build something that looked like a Hydro. I had some pictures of a Sanger bottom but cant seem to remember what file they are in. He told me the story on how they became Sanger Hydro`s but I cant remember all of it. Old Timers has set in I guess....lol..
He`s a pretty nice guy and loves to talk boats.

djdtpr
01-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Jet Hydro bring your big bad blown single seat boat to the river sometime i have a buddy that will smoke that thing with a single carbed gullwing any day of the week.With all the seats in his!I would almost be embarest to run in the HIGH 10's or 11's with a straight up drag boat.Step off your high horse and shut the f#ck up cause you are a friggin idiot.
Late

Jet Hydro
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Well I have a guy that knows a guy that his dad has a friend and his grand dad has a friend who`s mother has a TFH she drives on the weekends that will blow your friends shit box out of the river.
Grow up Mr ED. :rolleyes:
BTW.. the hydro is at the lake almost every weekend, so show up or STFU.
I thought I`d help you count Mr ED
it`s a friggin Lake boat I race you "friggin idiot"!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213ScreenHunter_001-med.JPG (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213ScreenHunter_001-med.JPG)

Cole1313
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Its unfortunate that this thread has taken such a wrong turn. Someone who has put a lot of time and money in thier boat, should be proud, no matter what times they are putting in at the track.
And as for race boats vs. river boats, I seem to remember a thread a while back that touched on this subject.

Jet Hydro
01-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Yep, Its unfortunate and one of the reasons I dont post here much or offer help anymore. ***boat Drama Club you just gotta love it :D

DUECE'SDAD
01-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I know its been on here before, but here is a local hondo hydro that I painted the flames on last year, recently heard might be for sale soon, possibly with a blower
http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/521/744adamsboatfamily_010.jpg (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/744adamsboatfamily_010.jpg)
See more pics at ***boat image center under ratnasty

fakethis
01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Like to find one less eng.

djdtpr
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Jet Hydro I get tired of hearing how bad azz that thing is when in reality its just a good looking lake boat that runs right at 100.C-mon their are alot of river boats that are doing that all day long now days so catch up man.I can guarentee that my ride is deffinatly faster than that and i dont go ranting and raving about it all the time.
I cant believe that you would post the pic of both the other hydro and yours and say that they are safe being run that way.Just shows your ignorance.Have fun and stay safe.
Mr Ed
P.S.
I kinda like that name too by the way.

Jet Hydro
01-25-2006, 06:13 PM
djdplacecraft if you feel you have something to say to me call me at
620 663-6361 or stop by my shop, I`m here from 9:00am to 12:00am most nights. I`m not gonna play your little kiddy game on the internet.

djdtpr
01-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey the names MR ED remember!
I am not playin kiddy games just tired of reading your bs.Everything i felt i needed to say to you i already did.
Back to our originally scheaduled program.
ED out.

Jet Hydro
01-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Then STOP reading it Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cheyenne372
01-26-2006, 04:29 AM
....Maybe I`m just lucky? or maybe I`m good?....
Steve:
Take it from somebody that's seen 30 years of drag boat racing and every kind of boat come down the pipe.....Let's call it luck......and I mean that in a respectful kinda' way!
.......I can guarentee that my ride is deffinatly faster than that and i dont go ranting and raving about it.......
Mr Ed
Eddie:
First things first...try SPELLCHECK or Hooked On Phonics or something.....PLEASE!
Secondly, are you one of those guys that has a 100 mph jet boat...but has never been on REAL clocks to prove it or are you like every fisherman in Texas that has a 90 mph Bass Boat?

DUECE'SDAD
01-26-2006, 06:50 AM
I know im in the wrong area, as im a v-drive man, but after riding in the blue one pictured, i am impressed to see what the yellow boat does at the drags. I mean everyone i have talked to said these boats arent really supposed to work, with the hole idea of hydro's blowing the tail. Also, im not sure where ed is, but the 100 mile per hour lake/river boats are damn far and few between here in oklahoma/kansas/arkansas. But hey you got them internent badd ass's every where, no sweat. Im out of here, so dont talk about a man behind his back tough guys. All based on fact not opinion

MikeF
01-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Secondly, are you one of those guys that has a 100 mph jet boat...but has never been on REAL clocks to prove it or are you like every fisherman in Texas that has a 90 mph Bass Boat?
I'll vouch for Mr.Ed.....It's quite fast. :cool:

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Then have Danny bring his placecraft to Waco for the season opener and show me or even that PV flat.

Cheyenne372
01-26-2006, 09:04 AM
I'll vouch for Mr.Ed.....It's quite fast. :cool:
So is my Bass Boat.... :)

cyclone
01-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Then have Danny bring his placecraft to Waco for the season opener and show me or even that PV flat.
I think it his boat went 9.40 or something like that at the NJBA Finals in November. It does run pretty darn good. I doubt you'd get him to drive all the way to Waco.

BUSBY
01-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Eddie:
First things first...try SPELLCHECK or Hooked On Phonics or something.....PLEASE!
While "Mr. Ed" can't spell ... I too can vouch for his boat ... and I've only seen him at the drags, on "real clocks" ... not the lake/river ...
I don't agree with his public slamming, but the stance that Jet Hydro has taken has a "I'm better than all of you guys" kind of feeling (at least it's the way he's coming across to me).
A lot of threads have had this same conversation, over and over again. It's old ... and that's what Danny (I mean Mr. Ed) was trying to say in a not so nice way.
We understand that Jet Hydro (I guess it's Steve?) loves what he's doing ... cool ... but don't talk down to everyone else while explaining yourself ...

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Busby I`d like you to point out where I`v talked down on anyone. If you are referring to the comment about how I have been the only one to figure out how to make a Jet Hydro run then that`s not talking down on anyone "it`s fact" like it or not!
I look down on no one other then those that think they are the shit cause they are on the west side. I still to this day have never seen the people on this side of the Rocky`s act or talk crap on other racers like I see you guy`s do. I`m glad to be racing with the people I race with. I have a deal going on a PM right now, does that make me better then Mr ED ??? "NO" but the fact that I don't go looking to pick crap with some one does. I don't have to impress ANYone except myself so get over it. If you really knew anything about me you`d know that I really keep to myself and don't bother anyone. Life is to short to worry about what you or others think! After all, it`s your problem not mine because I`m happy being me :D
Peace out

Squirtin Thunder
01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Stop all the bull and carry the damn nose !!! :cool: :yuk: :cool:

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
LMAO :rollside:

BUSBY
01-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Busby I`d like you to point out where I`v talked down on anyone. If you are referring to the comment about how I have been the only one to figure out how to make a Jet Hydro run then that`s not talking down on anyone "it`s fact" like it or not!
I look down on no one other then those that think they are the shit cause they are on the west side. I still to this day have never seen the people on this side of the Rocky`s act or talk crap on other racers like I see you guy`s do. I`m glad to be racing with the people I race with. I have a deal going on a PM right now, does that make me better then Mr ED ??? "NO" but the fact that I don't go looking to pick crap with some one does. I don't have to impress ANYone except myself so get over it. If you really knew anything about me you`d know that I really keep to myself and don't bother anyone. Life is to short to worry about what you or others think! After all, it`s your problem not mine because I`m happy being me :D
Peace out
Wow ... a little touchy ... I wasn't actually talking to you, I was speaking to Cheyenne ... but since you've addressed me with questions, I'll let you know why I think you speak down to others ... right here in this thread:
I`m the only one to figure out what they needed and it only took someone 25 years to do it....
I guess this guy didn't know what he was doing ... you were the one who did it firstin a jet hydro right?:
Then you spoke down to Gary:
I can say that you have no clue to what you are talking about. Not trying to pick shit with ya but you have no clue as you didn't really didnt do anything with the one you worked on.
Then this:
Maybe I`m just lucky? or maybe I`m good?
Maybe you'e a bit arrogant ...
Again, I wasn't speaking to you ... and I don't think people from the "west side" are any better ... I just think that in this thread as well as other threads, you have taken a stance of I've done more than you guys, I've done better than others have or you guys don't know what in the hell you're talking about ...
As you said to Gary (I guess this is the proper way to talk crap without expecting to have recourse): "I'm not meaning to pick shit with you", but that's the way most of us out here in the internet world read your posts ... to quote you again, "it's fact, like it or not"

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Well as far a Gary Snow goes, He had one and couldn't make it work as he tried. He has looked at my boat as a matter of fact he told me a few thing to try when I first got it but they didn't work as well as what I had but I still tried them anyway. Even last Season he told me to use smaller carbs on my motor but it went slower so I put my 1150`s back on. His boat didn't work so he doesn't like em, my boat works but my boat is not the same as his because I changed the design. Being different is what makes racing what it is, if we all raced the same boat, set-up and motor it would be boring. There is no problem between Gary and myself as far as I know? So Don't make one please!
If you were reading 1/2 as much as you make it look, you would know Deans boat is not a Hydro and Yes he knew what he was doing and he also caught the same shit for doing it that I have.
I`m not one bit arrogant, if you read the post it say`s "Maybe I`m just lucky? or maybe I`m good? All I know is that I`v had some pretty good luck with mine and never came close to crashing. You tell me why It hasn't crashed? It`s about the Hull but I guess you knew that because you seem to pass off every thing like you know something.
Now I`m gonna be arrogant, You tell Taxman how to set up a jet hydro I dont know squat about em. I dont have time to play the Hot Boat Drama Club Game, So Have fun this could go on for 20 pages or so, your gonna have to do it on your own.
Taxman when you need some help with the Hydro just PM me and I`ll be glad to tell you what I know or call me like Sanger Rat did. I think you`ll like your new boat and Good Luck.

*BN*
01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
I just read this entire thread and could only come up with ONE interesting observation. Jet Hydro and Kilrtoy come off the same way.
Could it be..........................nah it can't be.

sdba069
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
First......... Steve, you and I have no problem. Second......... It wasn't that I couldn't make mine work, I pretty well knew what it would take and could not justify it. I do like the looks of the boat though. Third, about the carbs........ I ran a pretty much identical motor to yours in a 780# Mirage Tunnel with 900 CFM carbs on it and could run 9.30's @ 112 mph with 10# of boost, so I thought the carbs might help you a little and maybe with some jet experimentation, they would have, but they didn't so we write that off in the history books. Okay, I'm done. Have fun......

dmontzsta
01-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Jet Hydros boat is the fastest. He has trailered all challengers, espcially V-Drives, I hear he is going to put a capsule on it and step in to the TAH circuit, racing for pinks. :)

BUSBY
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
To Mr. Jet Hydro (whom I have never met) ... it was you who introduced yourself to me here on the boards with this statement from east of the rockies last August:
We are the SHOW and with out us you have no race.
There are numerous others you have posted as well ... but that was my first impression of you that you directed towards me.
So I guess "we" are ones who should bow down to you and accept that you are not speaking down to us.
The fact is that you do come accross as arrogant & get upset when others point out what you have said as being so.
I rest my case.
Back on topic though, I like the look of hydro's and the ease of use of a jet, so good luck with your boat Taxman.

garret
01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Jet Hydros boat is the fastest. He has trailered all challengers, espcially V-Drives, I hear he is going to put a capsule on it and step in to the TAH circuit, racing for pinks. :)
He must go to a lake that he is the only one at where we go boats that only run 11's are for carrying beer and friends!! I think a good race for him would be the ultra that goes out with us! We will even give jet hydro a chance we will keep all 5 coolers in the boat to keep the race close!!!

Cas
01-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Geez Steve, I apologize for bringing up your boat on this thread. As I've said before, I think what you've done is pretty cool, definitely not a run of the mill deal like so many others. I guess that last statement just might cause a stir, huh? :D

dmontzsta
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
He must go to a lake that he is the only one at where we go boats that only run 11's are for carrying beer and friends!! I think a good race for him would be the ultra that goes out with us! We will even give jet hydro a chance we will keep all 5 coolers in the boat to keep the race close!!!
haha, that just about nails it huh? :)
Jet Hydro, how many coolers can you stick in that "lake boat" killing machine?
:)

taxman
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for ****ing up this thread!!!!!!! Anybody have any info on these boats????? Or do we all just like drama :crossx:

Cas
01-26-2006, 07:37 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for ****ing up this thread!!!!!!! Anybody have any info on these boats????? Or do we all just like drama :crossx:
taxman,
I'd give Steve a call, he'll be more than happy to help you in any way he can.

Bense468
01-26-2006, 08:04 PM
The Ultra Ran 112 Up River When No One Was Around. Coolers Were Empty Because We Drank All The Beer.
Danny's Would Never Carry The Nose...and Is As Safe As They Come
No Hammerdown I Am Not Removing My Avatar...you Are Gonna Have To Pull It. Its A Sin In My Book To Throw Away Such A Nice Piece Of Ass
Yes I Am Drunk
Bense Out

djdtpr
01-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Eddie:
Cheyenne
I dont know you ar what you run but i would be willing to bet i will saw you off like a dead limb so mind your own.
Cyclone
It went 9.30 at 118 mph.Not bad for a brand new boat right off the trailer with no setup at all and blowing the tail at half track.
Busby
stop posting and get to work on the boat so we can go to the river this summer! :rollside:

pce680
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Gary
This is the boat
Jet Hydro
This boat is " Rated X " owned by Bill Henderson and driven by Don Yates.
The picture was taken at Lake Ming in 1976.Don crashed on this run in the finish lights after it took 3 or 4 bad hops.Don was not hurt.The boat was built by Sanger Jack in Fresno,Ca. Ron Pitts :cool:
PS When did you talk to Don Yates ? He passed away in 1995.He was my best friend.

sdba069
01-26-2006, 08:55 PM
A pilot friend of mine once told me "Never take off without a place to land". I find much wisdom in this.

sdba069
01-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Don't take too much away from old Cheyenne 372 or as I know him, Gary 1 R. He's got a nice little Papp Cheyenne with an injected BBC and it's a pretty stout piece. I have a little Placecraft here that runs 7.70's at 134 mph out here in 4000' air. The only reason it doesn't run faster is because of something about a capsule being required. It's amazing with a little sea level air will do for E.T. Not knocking it, just wish we could get a little of it out here.

pce680
01-26-2006, 09:30 PM
DON YATES driving the BLOWN FUEL JET " RATED X " owned by BILL HENDERSON. A Sanger Jet Hydro with a 426 Keith Black Engine.
PHOTO BY AL BOND/1976/LAKE MING,BAKERSFIELD,CA

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Jet Hydro
The picture was taken at Lake Ming in 1976.Don crashed on this run in the finish lights after it took 3 or 4 bad hops.Don was not hurt.The boat was built by Sanger Jack in Fresno,Ca. Ron Pitts :cool:
PS When did you talk to Don Yates ? He passed away in 1995.He was my best friend.
Never talked to Yates, I talked to Dean Willis, You know, the guy that designed the hull :)
Later
I`m done

Jet Hydro
01-26-2006, 09:56 PM
TAXMAN
like Cas said, give me a call, I`d be glad to tell ya what I know about em.

pce680
01-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Never talked to Yates, I talked to Dean Willis, You know, the guy that designed the hull :)
Later
I`m done
Sanger Jack designed and built the hull. Ron :argue:

Cas
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Cheyenne
I dont know you ar what you run but i would be willing to bet i will saw you off like a dead limb so mind your own.
Busby,
Would you classify the above as being arrogant or just plain being an a$$hole?
Just need a little clarification for my own piece of mind :D
Gotta hand to dj for typing what's on his mind :)

sanger rat
01-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Sanger Jack designed and built the hull. Ron :argue:
I was going to stay out of this but....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208The_Jet_Hydro.bmp

Bense468
01-27-2006, 12:41 AM
I am going to try and get the low down on what is up with this. My dad used to work for Harman marine setting up pumps in the 70's with a number of other guys, and was around when Harman was running rated x. They went through several boats, and also several drivers. I believe Doug Durnell also drove rated x at one point. My dad also used to have a sanger jet hyrdro (had zero freeboard)that ran really hard and did nothing but river trips with it. Most of the time with Doug taggin along Sat night races at kings river etc. I will dig up some pics. It also took some tropheys at the LA boat shows at the time...

BUSBY
01-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Busby,
Oh ... Danny's an ass ... everyone knows that ... and arrogant too ... but at least he'll admit that he's the first to admit that he is, unlike others.

DUECE'SDAD
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Lets settle this shit once and for all, how many of you on this thread have them haircuts that are short on the top and kinda long on the back ! ! ! ? ? ? ! ! ! Nothin like drinkin alittle bear in a squirlly ole jet whitda mullet flappin in the wind ! ! ! Come on you damn jet boaters UNITE ! !

Jet Hydro
01-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I think they kicked the mud flap aside for this. From what I have seen of a few of em this is a Public service announcement
Public service announcement (http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=fL-NoQirEb0&l=67&eurl=&t=Don%2527t-Sleep-With-%2522Those-Guys%2522-PSA)

Jet Hydro
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
OK except for Cas ;) LMAO

pce680
01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
I was going to stay out of this but....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208The_Jet_Hydro.bmp
sanger rat
Willis copied the boat he got from Sanger Jack.That was about 1 to 2 years after he set the NDBA Blown Fuel Jet Record in 1974 in a SANGER JET HYDRO.It was called Royal Flush.Read the ad.This ad is the ski boat version.Willis never built the race boat.
Ron... :cool:

Jet Hydro
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
"Thanks to the design innovation by DEAN WILLIS " That's what I read ?
Have fun guy`s
see ya Monday

BUSBY
01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
"Thanks to the design innovation by DEAN WILLIS " That's what I read ?
Have fun guy`s
see ya Monday
no one is questioning that the add is of a Willis "Jet Hydro" ... the fact that Ron was making was that the picture is of Yates driving Rated X ... a Sanger Jet Hydro ... taken by Al Bond in 1976 at Lake Ming in Bakersfield, CA ...
And Dean Willis didn't design that jet hydro ...
Have fun ... and we'll be here Monday ...

BUSBY
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
it`s been a few years but Dean told me he had to build some kind of air dam in the tunnels or something to control the air in his race boat. Cant really remember what he said because he told me that his boat was nothing like mine as he took an old tunnel hull he had and made it look like a Hydro. I asked him why he built it that way and he said that only reason was that he knew that the tunnel hull worked and wanted to build something that looked like a Hydro. I had some pictures of a Sanger bottom but cant seem to remember what file they are in. He told me the story on how they became Sanger Hydro`s but I cant remember all of it. Old Timers has set in I guess....lol..
He`s a pretty nice guy and loves to talk boats.
I don't want to misquote you ... and want to make SURE I understand you correctly ... you're saying that Willis Jet Hydro's were not hydro's at all and that Sangers were made from them? That Sanger did not come up with their own hull? I didn't want to quote you incorrectly ... I know you hate it when I only use sentences from your paragraphs ... so I posted it complete.
Please expand on your knowledge of the origin of the Sanger Hydro (or "Jet Hydro's) ...

BigBlockOldsJet
01-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Man, this guy Jet Hydro is really taking some heat this time, I would have to agree that it is mostly self-inflicted. I have been reading this board for quite some time and whenever this guy posts, similar results follow. You would think by now that any ordinary person would have learned a lesson or two.

djdtpr
01-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Busby,
Oh with out a doubt im all ass.I will tell ya up front but those who know me understand.Damn this cabin fever is kickin my azz.

Kilrtoy
01-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I just read this entire thread and could only come up with ONE interesting observation. Jet Hydro and Kilrtoy come off the same way.
Could it be..........................nah it can't be.
I agree another member who speaks his mind and does not sugar coat it....
Keep it up Jet Hydro

Rondane
01-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't want to misquote you ... and want to make SURE I understand you correctly ... you're saying that Willis Jet Hydro's were not hydro's at all and that Sangers were made from them? That Sanger did not come up with their own hull? I didn't want to quote you incorrectly ... I know you hate it when I only use sentences from your paragraphs ... so I posted it complete.
Please expand on your knowledge of the origin of the Sanger Hydro (or "Jet Hydro's) ...
Man busby, too funny. A guy has to watch himself around you as you can nail him with his own if he's not careful. :D. A+++++ in studying your opponent.
ron

Truth_Speaker
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
you mean a+ in stupidity, right busby

77468sleekcraft
02-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Damn---you Guys Are Brutal---i Just Want To Say That I Love The Way Those Hulls Look... :)

ls7jet
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Gary
This is the boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/421343Again-med.jpg
Jet Hydro

I have a 18ft Hondo jet that has Don Yates engraved on the headers and the cover for it has D Y on it. The guy i got it from said he got it from Don. Anything you could tell me about him would be great!