PDA

View Full Version : fireworks convention in havi

a catered life
01-19-2006, 07:26 AM
i know is the weekend of feb 17-19 we booked a room last night but since we have never stayed in havi i hope we booked a cool spot (hampton inn) comments please and how far is the sara park place from where i'm staying?

Todd969
01-19-2006, 08:48 AM
The Hampton is a nice place. You'll be about 5-6 miles north of Sara park.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
It's OK but I would stay in the new section of the nautical or queens bay condos, thomson bay view of course!

BoatPI
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Last year for the first time fireworks were NOT launched over Thompson Bay.
Needless to say this was a huge disapointment for everyone. Most of us did not learn of this until a few days before the event. So does anyone have accurate info as to this years event??

Bad Puddy Tat
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Last year for the first time fireworks were NOT launched over Thompson Bay.
Needless to say this was a huge disapointment for everyone. Most of us did not learn of this until a few days before the event. So does anyone have accurate info as to this years event??
Don't know what info you are looking for... the event will be held at Sara Park. My Kid's swim team are working the snack shack for a fundraiser so please come hungry :) :)

Keith E. Sayre
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
While it is disappointing that we don't get to watch the show from the boats,
it's actually better at the park. Lots of folks take their motorhomes up there
and they have the grandstands with lots of food vendors. the best part is
that they shoot the fireworks less than 100 yards from the bleachers and you
are right on top of the noise and the explosions. These explosions are set to
go off at less altitude than normal which makes it even more exciting. Some
of the explosions are so close that you actually feel the heat from them.
It's fun up there.
Keith Sayre

BoatPI
01-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Actually we enjoyed watching it from our balcony as I can see all of the bay and the point. So much for a party...

LHC30Victory
01-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Keith, do they sell admission or is it free???
If admission, how to get the best seating?

raff
01-19-2006, 10:44 AM
i know is the weekend of feb 17-19 we booked a room last night but since we have never stayed in havi i hope we booked a cool spot (hampton inn) comments please and how far is the sara park place from where i'm staying?
cool we will be there too. when are you heading out. Give me call on the cell.
BTW are you bringing the boat? I have a sev. appt. that week end so if it get done by the after noon and it half way warm will take it out
Mark Out

RiverRatMike
01-19-2006, 11:48 AM
it's a awesome show and will be taking my trailer and cooking tacos in the parking lot that night. This will be my 3rd time being there. Can't wait!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4463P1010571.JPG

UncleLarry
01-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Saturday Nite is the scheduled public display... It appears it will take place at Sara Park.... same as last year.
There is a push to get this Public Display back on the Island..
I would plan on it taking place at Sara Park.... however their are fireworks everynite.(between 5 and 10pm) . you can see them from the Lake but the Saturday nite one is the official public display...
Will let you know the exact place as it gets closer.... Usually no cost for the public display at Sara Park (one year they did charge for parking) We learn that from attending California based events... open and free but charge and charge for parking...
See you all sooon

RiverRatMike
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
for sure it will be at Sara Park http://www.westernpyro.org/winterblast2.html

HavaTan
01-19-2006, 01:26 PM
I can't wait to get there. Last year sucked with all the rain and how miserable it was. I hope the weather and the show are better than ever.

RiverRatMike
01-20-2006, 12:27 AM
I can't wait to get there. Last year sucked with all the rain and how miserable it was. I hope the weather and the show are better than ever.
Last years show was awesome even with the rain. Now lightning and fireworks in the same place. Man I was in Heaven!

Eliminator 4 Life
01-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Last years show was awesome even with the rain. Now lightning and fireworks in the same place. Man I was in Heaven!
I would hae to agree with you it was cool with the lightning :)

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 04:27 AM
You will have a great time Willie, we already have plans or we would be there :rolleyes:

a catered life
01-20-2006, 07:01 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: change them now..besides we dont hang with people who like horses that wear orange shirts ...i should be ok raff and the raider fans are going

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 07:12 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: change them now..besides we dont hang with people who like horses that wear orange shirts ...i should be ok raff and the raider fans are going
We will be in the Desert, plans we made several months ago :rolleyes:

a catered life
01-20-2006, 07:17 AM
man you really love that desert i will have to check that out one day... have fun be safe and remember always wear protective gear we dont need any more injuries :rollside:

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 07:28 AM
man you really love that desert i will have to check that out one day... have fun be safe and remember always wear protective gear we dont need any more injuries :rollside:
Thanks for the advice :rolleyes:

raff
01-20-2006, 07:46 AM
I don't know about that Raider stuff. All I do know that I still bleed orange
I just haven't come out in a long time...
The real game for me is HOCKEY.....
GO KINGS GO

Hardly Satisfied
01-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Great show

JetBoatRich
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't know about that Raider stuff. All I do know that I still bleed orange
I never that Mark :cool: Glad to hear this about you and Sara

raff
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I never that Mark :cool: Glad to hear this about you and Sara
Ya not to big of a football fan but that always been my team.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-20-2006, 08:34 AM
looks like fun