PDA

View Full Version : endless money pit,but its fun

killerbeez
10-20-2006, 04:09 AM
I decided to leave the dirtbike scene for awhile to get into a more family oriented hobby.My wife and I bought a 20' open bow arrivee with a 454.It seemed to run good but it also had a couple quirks that I needed to fix.Such as a couple of the guages and that seemed to be all,at least that is what I was told from the seller.I have had thid boat for almost 3 months now and it had a brand new pump because it took a crap and now the motor went south.I never abused the boat and was actually very easy on it,but when I put the jetavator up is when the motor took on a bunch of water in the oil.I feel like I got ripped off on this deal on the boat,because I am seeing now that the boat was not taken care of very well.I had no idea boating was this expensive so for now we have a 20' open bow flower pot in our back yard until we can get the motor rebuilt.I love boating but man it is expensive. :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
10-20-2006, 04:17 AM
I love boating but man it is expensive. :rolleyes:
DUH :rollside:

centerhill condor
10-20-2006, 04:53 AM
I feel for you, ,man..."bust out another thousand"..buying the boat is merely a ticket to a spending spree that knows no limit! But hey, your kids aren't really smart enough for college are they?

Red Horse
10-20-2006, 05:37 AM
Buying used is a crap shoot sometimes.
It is worth it to repair, just spend the money to do it right. Go ahead and buy rebuilt MARINE engine, replace the sending units and guages. Trust me, it will save you money and heartache. The goal is to have a good time on the water, not spend it wrenching cause you didnt want to spend the extra cash to get it fixed all the way!!
I KNOW :cool:

Queenbee
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
You should probably get a third job, fix the boat, buy your wife something sparkly and get back on the water!!!!!!! I'll bet yourf amily is missing the boat and being on the lake. Poor family! :crossx:

AZKC
10-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Blow up 3 engines in one season that will really make you feel wonderful :cry:

Bradman
10-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I decided to leave the dirtbike scene for awhile to get into a more family oriented hobby.My wife and I bought a 20' open bow arrivee with a 454.It seemed to run good but it also had a couple quirks that I needed to fix.Such as a couple of the guages and that seemed to be all,at least that is what I was told from the seller.I have had thid boat for almost 3 months now and it had a brand new pump because it took a crap and now the motor went south.I never abused the boat and was actually very easy on it,but when I put the jetavator up is when the motor took on a bunch of water in the oil.I feel like I got ripped off on this deal on the boat,because I am seeing now that the boat was not taken care of very well.I had no idea boating was this expensive so for now we have a 20' open bow flower pot in our back yard until we can get the motor rebuilt.I love boating but man it is expensive. :rolleyes:
I got to tell ya. That sunk the boat thread has me all messed up. All these post by these newbies seem to look like Laters. I need to stay off of here for awhile. :cry: :cry: "ya right" Anyway, I would sell the boat, invest the cash you get and save additional cash for the next few years. Then you can go out and buy a brand new boat and get the extended warrenty. Don't be in a rush for such a big investment.

donzi5150
10-20-2006, 12:26 PM
BOAT- Bring On Another Thousand!
It's always the best thousand I have to spend! :rollside:

OCMerrill
10-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Perfectly Stated.
I just recieved a UPS package today with my new 23 pitch SS prop. My wife says "Do we really need to go 2-3 mph faster?" at a cost of $400?
My answer......

Kilrtoy
10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
BOAT- Bring On Another Thousand!
It's always the best thousand I have to spend! :rollside:
should be
BOACT
break out another couple thousand

hoolign
10-20-2006, 03:26 PM
should be
BOACT
break out another couple thousand
or TOASM - Take Out A Second Mortage
HOTTOASM.com :rollside:

BajaMike
10-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I got to tell ya. That sunk the boat thread has me all messed up. All these posts by these newbies seem to look like Laters. I need to stay off of here for awhile. :cry: :cry: "ya right" .
I was thinking the same thing...... I read the first sentace and thought, "Is this Later?" :idea:

burtandnancy
10-20-2006, 04:55 PM
What ever happened to "buyer beware"?

Kilrtoy
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
or TOASM - Take Out A Second Mortage
HOTTOASM.com :rollside:
WHO DID THAT :boxed:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
First of all, Post up your problems in the "Just Jets" section and we can get you back on the water in no time. There is no time that your jet-o-vater will cause water in your oil. They are totally unrelated. There are several things that would cause water in the oil including a blowh head/intake gasket, and the most common cause of too much water in your headers (assuming you have over transom headers). It doesn't sound like that big of a deal. Post up in the tech section and we'll get you going again.

3 daytona`s
10-21-2006, 06:39 PM
I got to tell ya. That sunk the boat thread has me all messed up. All these post by these newbies seem to look like Laters. I need to stay off of here for awhile. :cry: :cry: "ya right" Anyway, I would sell the boat, invest the cash you get and save additional cash for the next few years. Then you can go out and buy a brand new boat and get the extended warrenty. Don't be in a rush for such a big investment.
This is a classic,NEWBIES by Mr. 252 posts :idea:

scooooter7
10-21-2006, 07:25 PM
This is a classic,NEWBIES by Mr. 252 posts :idea:
This is double CLASSIC! NEWBIES by Mr. 575 posts. :)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Triple classic :rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
10-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I never ever said anything about newbies,oldies or any other bies. Got it dip shit.You open a can of worms you may be pulling them out of your ass SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOter7 :crossx:

scooooter7
10-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I never ever said anything about newbies,oldies or any other bies. Got it dip shit.You open a can of worms you may be pulling them out of your ass SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOter7 :crossx:
Can't take a joke I guess. Can give them, but can't take them. Chill dude. :rollside:

3 daytona`s
10-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Can't take a joke I guess. Can give them, but can't take them. Chill dude. :rollside:
I can take a joke with the best of them,and I am chilling. Thanks :cool:

scooooter7
10-21-2006, 08:13 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

deltaAce
10-21-2006, 08:25 PM
O.K. you guys, you pulled off the Triple Classic. That hasn't been done for awhile. I hope behind the scenes it won't be entered in your folders, & we
can walk clean. I checked the HB forum manual & it's all good,
Bradman can call killerbeez a newbie because he has 10x the post count. (252 to 23) p.s. I hope I'm not pulling a Quadruple Classic, then we're all going on report! :p

3 daytona`s
10-21-2006, 08:27 PM
O.K. you guys, you pulled off the Triple Classic. That hasn't been done for awhile. I hope behind the scenes it won't be entered in your folders, & we
can walk clean. I checked the HB forum manual & it's all good,
Bradman can call killerbeez a newbie because he has 10x the post count. (252 to 23):p
O.K. Smart Ass don`t get me started on you.Go watch the SUNK thing. :cool:

Kilrtoy
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
O.K. Smart Ass don`t get me started on you.Go watch the SUNK thing. :cool:
Dont do that , because I would lose my internet stalker

3 daytona`s
10-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Dont do that , because I would lose my internet stalker
Hey KILR, just to clarify= You were not referring to me :idea:

killerbeez
10-21-2006, 09:16 PM
HELL YEAH.I love listining to the veterans here.I think that after I put in a new engine and replace the guages that there is nothing really more that can go wrong with this thing.Oh yeah and it has a new pump.Beside not putting in the plug and sinking the damn thing,am I wrong?

deltaAce
10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
HELL YEAH.I love listining to the veterans here.I think that after I put in a new engine and replace the guages that there is nothing really more that can go wrong with this thing.Oh yeah and it has a new pump.Beside not putting in the plug and sinking the damn thing,am I wrong?
Work with what you have & make it nice. Depending on what you payed
for it & the cost of rebuilding the engine vs. the resale price in a few years,
try to get your moneys worth from it. Looks like you'll have a project this winter
like most of us!
:cool: