PDA

View Full Version : Wisc. Man Charged For Football Stadium Terror Hoax

RitcheyRch
10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_293102452.html
The U.S. attorney in Newark has charged a Wisconsin man with making a hoax threat for claiming seven football stadiums would be targeted by terrorists this weekend.
On Thursday, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security said that Internet threats of "dirty bomb" attacks at NFL stadiums this weekend were a hoax.
The FBI made the announcement after agents questioned a 20-year-old Milwaukee man in an effort to determine who made the threats, which were posted on a Web site last week.
"The investigation has determined that this is a hoax. The public should be reassured of their security as they continue to attend sporting events this weekend," said the agencies' joint statement.
The threat, dated Oct. 12, appeared on a Web site, The Friend Society, that links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. Its author, identified in the message as "javness," said trucks would deliver radiological bombs Sunday to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Cleveland and Oakland, Calif., and that Osama bin Laden would claim responsibility.
The man questioned did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to an FBI official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still going on.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said stadiums are well protected through "comprehensive security procedures" that include bag searches and pat-downs.

phebus
10-20-2006, 06:47 AM
As punishment, he should have to attend the rest of the seasons Raider games. That would teach him!!! :)

RitcheyRch
10-20-2006, 06:51 AM
That would be good punishment.
As punishment, he should have to attend the rest of the seasons Raider games. That would teach him!!! :)

BadKachina
10-20-2006, 07:00 AM
And wear full Raider gear........ :crossx:

centerhill condor
10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
isn't it a little early for cabin fever?

Richie Rich
10-20-2006, 08:53 AM
When will people learn that threats against the general public and threats on public safety are just not f^cking funny at all. For the manhours and effort this guy costs those investigating his claims I think he really needs to be buried under the jail.

Hardly Satisfied
10-20-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree

shueman
10-20-2006, 09:04 AM
When will people learn that threats against the general public and threats on public safety are just not f^cking funny at all. For the manhours and effort this guy costs those investigating his claims I think he really needs to be buried under the jail.
Send 'em to Guantanamo.... :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
No, he should PLAY ... Center I'm thinking. (might be a team improvement. :p )
Oh, I didn't mention ... PADLESS!

SmokinLowriderSS
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
And wear full Raider gear........ :crossx:
In the OPPOSING SIDE seating. :mad:

mmered8299
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
NO. That will only make him carry on with his intended bombing.

Kilrtoy
10-20-2006, 03:03 PM
And to think we were this close -><- to getting rid of the raiders and its fans