PDA

View Full Version : Sanger sea trials with the headers installed.

Dominator Scott
10-23-2006, 07:35 AM
My Saturday sea trials were a complete success and the headers were a bigger performance gain than I ever imagined.
Every weekend when running the Sanger with the stock log manifolds the best I could get was 4400RPM's and 62mph which was about the same as every other sea trial I have been doing. Well after installing the headers the boat has an insane holeshot,accelleration in the mid-range is harder than ever before and now she runs a consistant 66mph at 4800RPM's. :rollside:
I would of never guessed that just headers would of helped the boat this much but after 3 seperate passes and getting the same results I am a believer now. All that is left to do is install the Droop Snoot I have coming and with any luck she will hit the 70mph mark and I will have met my goal. :cool:
Here are a few pics of Saturday.

460 jus getn it
10-23-2006, 07:52 AM
My Saturday sea trials were a complete success and the headers were a bigger performance gain than I ever imagined.
Every weekend when running the Sanger with the stock log manifolds the best I could get was 4400RPM's and 62mph which was about the same as every other sea trial I have been doing. Well after installing the headers the boat has an insane holeshot,accelleration in the mid-range is harder than ever before and now she runs a consistant 66mph at 4800RPM's. :rollside:
I would of never guessed that just headers would of helped the boat this much but after 3 seperate passes and getting the same results I am a believer now. All that is left to do is install the Droop Snoot I have coming and with any luck she will hit the 70mph mark and I will have met my goal. :cool:
Here are a few pics of Saturday.Thats great. Boat looks great and your pops is going to be crazy happy.

squirt'nmyload
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
nice to hear about the gains.....i'm going out to test mine today!!!!!

Dominator Scott
10-23-2006, 08:11 AM
nice to hear about the gains.....i'm going out to test mine today!!!!!
Good luck buddy. :rollside:

squirt'nmyload
10-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Good luck buddy. :rollside:
thanks!!!!!

Dominator Scott
10-23-2006, 08:30 AM
thanks!!!!!
What are ya doing to it exactly?

beerjet
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
This shot looks like your gonna blast back to the future.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19045
Great work DS . Looks like your pops might not get the boat come D-day though, your having way too much fun with it. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
-beerjet-

Dominator Scott
10-24-2006, 06:14 AM
This shot looks like your gonna blast back to the future.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19045
Great work DS . Looks like your pops might not get the boat come D-day though, your having way too much fun with it. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
-beerjet-
I have been having WAY too much fun with this thing,but he will still get it back eventually. :rollside:

eek-a-RAT
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
hey DS, dont break it before ya give it to him. lol
these boats will live up to there name.
B.reak
O.ut
A.nother
T.housand
have fun with it! dont forget to post pics of your pops face when he see's it!

79Challenger
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Alot of water running throught those things. Loooks pretty fast any numbers on it?

Dominator Scott
10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Alot of water running throught those things. Loooks pretty fast any numbers on it?
Best speed so far is 66mph at about 4800RPM's. I am hoping the Droop Snoot will get me to 70+.

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 12:32 PM
What are ya doing to it exactly?
i went from logs with risers to headers....i took it out yesterday...holy shit, what a difference!!!!!

Dominator Scott
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
i went from logs with risers to headers....i took it out yesterday...holy shit, what a difference!!!!!
That was my reaction. I would of never guessed it would make such an improvement. I wanted headers just to finish the look of the boat and the fact that there were headers on this thing when my dad bought it 15 years ago so I wanted to make it look like she used too back then.

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
That was my reaction. I would of never guessed it would make such an improvement. I wanted headers just to finish the look of the boat and the fact that there were headers on this thing when my dad bought it 15 years ago so I wanted to make it look like she used too back then.
they do look alot better too.....also next trip out we will be wearing ear protection....our ears were ringing till 8pm last night

460 jus getn it
10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
they do look alot better too.....also next trip out we will be wearing ear protection....our ears were ringing till 8pm last night :D :D :D :D :D
snap some pics while you out too. Dont think i have ever seen anything like that...LMAO

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 01:12 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
snap some pics while you out too. Dont think i have ever seen anything like that...LMAO
i was thinking of going with an intercom system.......lmao

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 01:16 PM
and i like to drive my boat all day rather than fixing it all dayhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/smilies0715.gif http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/biggrin2.gif

460 jus getn it
10-24-2006, 01:35 PM
and i like to drive my boat all day rather than fixing it all dayhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/smilies0715.gif http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/biggrin2.gif
Its a ford right. Ya im the same way....................................LMAO

460 jus getn it
10-24-2006, 01:36 PM
i was thinking of going with an intercom system.......lmao
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................... .................................

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Its a ford right. Ya im the same way....................................LMAO
yep!!!! seriously though, we circled twice around all of pleasant in one trip and our ears were hurtin....i was just thinkin about the little foam ones for the long rides

460 jus getn it
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
yep!!!! seriously though, we circled twice around all of pleasant in one trip and our ears were hurtin....i was just thinkin about the little foam ones for the long rides
Your running water right, i hear that they make mufflers too. Dont want ya to hurt yourself

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Your running water right, i hear that they make mufflers too. Dont want ya to hurt yourself
yep...running water....don't want mufflers....don't get me wrong i love the noise, i won't have it any other way...maybe i just wasn't used to it.

460 jus getn it
10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
yep...running water....don't want mufflers....don't get me wrong i love the noise, i won't have it any other way...maybe i just wasn't used to it.
Its ok, any new jet boater is always in shock the first time they hear the noise. We understand......LMAO

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Its ok, any new jet boater is always in shock the first time they hear the noise. We understand......LMAO
thanks.....lmao

Squirtcha?
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Gains are consistent with boats that I've either seen switch over,
or switched over to headers myself. I've been posting similar numbers
here on the board for years. Some folks just don't wanna believe that
you can get that kind of gain by doing nothing more than changing pipes.
As for the noise. Just keep running it. When you hit your late forties you won't even hear it anymore.

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
As for the noise. Just keep running it. When you hit your late forties you won't even hear it anymore.
lol....my girlfriend yells at me now cause i always have the tv so loud and saying "huh" all the time....i'm blaming it on all those years with huge stereo systems in my cars...i got over that, now this!!!!!!