PDA

View Full Version : We just got a Hydro

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Here are some pictures of it.
http://www.pritek.net/images/ds.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/images/fa.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/images/back.jpg
I'm trying to talk Jim into letting me have that boat but he said before I decide that I want it I need to find out more about these kind of boats . Like how they handle, How fast you have to go to Plane etc. Is this type of boat Squirrelly. Any info would be appreciated. :)

Her454
04-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Congrats BBT's. Where did you get it?

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I have no clue where he got it.....He just said it was a good deal and he came home today with a new boat. I told him I wanted it...He laughed and said you might want to find out more on these kind of boats first and he was telling me how they sit in the water and other things about it so I thought I would ask others who knew more about them. I think he's trying to scare me away from wanting this boat. :)
[ April 11, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Who know's we may just repaint it and fix it up then sell it. I just want my own boat too.....LOL
:D

Kindsvater Flat
04-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
Who know's we may just repaint it and fix it up then sell it. I just want my own boat too.....LOL
:D Tired of riding shotgun?

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Yes..... :D I want my own boat...... wink I'm at the point that I will even take this hydro if he would let me..LOL :D
[ April 11, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

uglystick
04-11-2003, 09:06 PM
LOOK'S LIKE FUN !

Kim Hanson
04-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
Yes..... :D I want my own boat...... wink I'm at the point that I will even take this hydro if he would let me..LOL :D Whats this ask...take and get him to build....( . )( . )....... :D Shovel noses look cool in my book, take the engine out of the Trans Am and slap it in there wink get a blower though,those look cool and sound the shit :D

BigBoyToys
04-12-2003, 01:14 AM
Why take the engine out of the Pontiac when I have a fresh BBC sitting right inside the garage door? :rolleyes: And the "take and get him to build"....it don't work like that around here amigo. Nobody "takes" one of my boats (and I do mean NOBODY), and I am too busy working at my job so I can afford MY boats to be able to build boats for others...
And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D
[ April 12, 2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
04-12-2003, 01:26 AM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
I have no clue where he got it.....He just said it was a good deal and he came home today with a new boat. I told him I wanted it...He laughed and said you might want to find out more on these kind of boats first and he was telling me how they sit in the water and other things about it so I thought I would ask others who knew more about them. I think he's trying to scare me away from wanting this boat. :) And I am NOT trying to scare you away from this one....What I am trying to tell you is that this boat handles MUCH differently and is much more spooky than the orange boat. Go ahead....ask around and you'll see what I'm talking about. You thought that CP rode different? Wait until you ride in a hydro just inches from the water wink

Sangster
04-12-2003, 05:16 AM
BigBoyToys:
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
I have no clue where he got it.....He just said it was a good deal and he came home today with a new boat. I told him I wanted it...He laughed and said you might want to find out more on these kind of boats first and he was telling me how they sit in the water and other things about it so I thought I would ask others who knew more about them. I think he's trying to scare me away from wanting this boat. :) And I am NOT trying to scare you away from this one....What I am trying to tell you is that this boat handles MUCH differently and is much more spooky than the orange boat. Go ahead....ask around and you'll see what I'm talking about. You thought that CP rode different? Wait until you ride in a hydro just inches from the water wink Besides...You ride "IN" a jetboat. sleeping ....You ride "ON" a hydro, jest inches above the water.. eek!

Sangerboy
04-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Way cool guys, with tuning and setup it can be as tame as a kitten or as nasty and edgy as a tiger.

Heatseeker
04-12-2003, 07:11 AM
That's one sweet shovel.
The next boat I buy will be an old shovel. I think they are the sweetest looking boats!
I hope to see the BBT's in this one at CFW this season.

RaysonKid
04-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Is that a Sanger? or??????
Nice trailer as well.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-12-2003, 08:23 AM
BigBoyToys:
Why take the engine out of the Pontiac when I have a fresh BBC sitting right inside the garage door? :rolleyes: And the "take and get him to build"....it don't work like that around here amigo. Nobody "takes" one of my boats (and I do mean NOBODY), and I am too busy working at my job so I can afford MY boats to be able to build boats for others... And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D If I were to get a boat it would be both of us working on it not just MrBBT. I always help him on his boats.MrBBT has been teaching me about motors and the differents between boat huals and the way they ride on the water. He doesn't just give me things I do my part too. :D
[ April 12, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

RaysonKid
04-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Oh,Oh,
Domestic Turbulence.

Sangster
04-12-2003, 09:21 AM
RaysonKid:
Oh,Oh,
Domestic Turbulence. Kinda sounds like "LAUNDRY DAY"..... argue

Sangster
04-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey Jim..Is the motor from the CP a roller motor..If your gonna put it in the Shovelnose you may need a cam change to run it in a v-drive application....Jest food for thought... wink

Sangster
04-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Jim..Check your PM's.. :cool:

BigBoyToys
04-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Sangster:
RaysonKid:
Oh,Oh,
Domestic Turbulence. Kinda sounds like "LAUNDRY DAY"..... argue Nope.... That's the way it is and will always be with me. PERIOD...END OF DISCUSSION. NOBODY and I do mean NOBODY will "take" what I work my a$$ off for to get, and then tell me I HAVE TO build it. Asking goes alot further with me....

BigBoyToys
04-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Sangster:
Hey Jim..Is the motor from the CP a roller motor..If your gonna put it in the Shovelnose you may need a cam change to run it in a v-drive application....Jest food for thought... wink [/b]
No, it is a solid lifter motor. And the cam should be ok for a hydro. The duration is higher than I would like in a jet....But should be ok in a hydro (I think .312 duration, .658 lift)
And Sangster, I got the PM. Thanks. I'll try that. Maybe it'll work on the cars too huh? LOL
I just got back from Reno and it was snowing like a B#@$h. Saw about 15 accidents..... Including a Daycruiser (I/O with ski stuff on it) in a ditch along with the pickup that was towing it. Almost stopped to pull him out but I figured if he was out in a blinding snowstorm with a daycruiser, he must know what he's doing right? :rolleyes: smile_sp ROFLMFAO!!!! I waved as I went by......... :D :D
[ April 12, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-12-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm would never take anything from anyone. Except a picture.... :)

Kim Hanson
04-12-2003, 05:01 PM
BigBoyToys:
Why take the engine out of the Pontiac when I have a fresh BBC sitting right inside the garage door? :rolleyes: And the "take and get him to build"....it don't work like that around here amigo. Nobody "takes" one of my boats (and I do mean NOBODY), and I am too busy working at my job so I can afford MY boats to be able to build boats for others...
And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D So she gets a "Biesemeyer" then, cool your going to be kicking girl.........( . )( . )....hang in there..lmao :D

Nstigator74
04-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Mrs. BBT, it's hard to tell from the pics, is that an inboard steer boat? If so that would make a good lake boat. The inboards steer pretty good at low speed up to about 25-30mph, then they don't steer much. The transom does sit a little low in the water, but that just takes a little common sense and a little getting used to. Just my .02, Training wheels rule!!

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Nstigator74:
Mrs. BBT, it's hard to tell from the pics, is that an inboard steer boat? If so that would make a good lake boat. The inboards steer pretty good at low speed up to about 25-30mph, then they don't steer much. The transom does sit a little low in the water, but that just takes a little common sense and a little getting used to. Just my .02, Training wheels rule!! I was told By MrBBt it has inboard steering.Thanks Nstigator74 for your :) .02

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Kim Hanson:
BigBoyToys:
And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D So she gets a "Biesemeyer" then, cool your going to be kicking girl.........( . )( . )....hang in there..lmao :D Kim are you trying to be Like O.B. Eddie trying to stir some shit? :D
At least I let my hubby have as many fast boats as he wants.......Did you ever talk your wife into letting you get one yet? :D
[ April 12, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

Sangster
04-13-2003, 06:20 AM
[Quote]
At least I let my hubby have as many fast boats as he wants.......Did you ever talk your wife into letting you get one yet?
So..When's he gonna get one????
:confused: :confused: :D :D :D

BigBoyToys
04-13-2003, 06:43 AM
I just put the damn boat up for sale... Can't figure out where to put it. Too many cars and boats around here. I'll be moving cars and boats around all day today....shuffleing them back and forth between Arbuckle and Woodland. What a pain in the A$$
[ April 13, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

126driver
04-14-2003, 07:56 AM
How many boats that make now BBT? What do you do for a living? Print money? :D wink

Her454
04-14-2003, 08:30 AM
I think he robs banks. eek! Thru their computer systems....

O.B eddie
04-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Cool save the C.P Dont let her go!!! HeeeeeeHaaaawwwwwww get em cow boys and girls!!!!!! :D Mrs. BBt dont let em talk to you like that!!!!!

Mrs Big Boy Toys
04-14-2003, 06:24 PM
O.B eddie:
Cool save the C.P Dont let her go!!! HeeeeeeHaaaawwwwwww get em cow boys and girls!!!!!! :D Mrs. BBt dont let em talk to you like that!!!!! How do you manage with such a little brain? One of Ripley's believe it or not.

BigBoyToys
04-14-2003, 09:18 PM
126driver:
How many boats that make now BBT? What do you do for a living? Print money? :D wink 5 Boats...and no, I just refinance my house about every 6 months eek! :D

BigBoyToys
04-15-2003, 04:57 AM
BigBoyToys:
126driver:
How many boats that make now BBT? What do you do for a living? Print money? :D wink 5 Boats...and no, I just refinance my house about every 6 months eek! :D Oooppppsss...That one WILL DEFINITELY GET ME IN TROUBLE :rolleyes: Let me rephrase that, WE refinance HER house every 6 months so WE can buy MY boats eek! :D :D

Sangster
04-15-2003, 05:40 AM
BBT's...Got the motor in that Hydro yet.. :rolleyes:

Sangster
04-15-2003, 06:14 AM
Let me rephrase that..Mrs BBT's, Got the motor in "Your Hydro" yet..Tell your Mechanic to get with it, If I recall he said the Syndicate was yours, Tell him to get the motor out of that tub & stick it in the Shovelnose... :D :D wink

Kindsvater Flat
04-15-2003, 06:17 AM
Sangster........PM your number. I need to ask some questions later today.

Sangster
04-15-2003, 06:24 AM
K-flat, you got mail... :cool:

BigBoyToys
04-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Sangster:
Let me rephrase that..Mrs BBT's, Got the motor in "Your Hydro" yet..Tell your Mechanic to get with it, If I recall he said the Syndicate was yours, Tell him to get the motor out of that tub & stick it in the Shovelnose... :D :D wink Sangster, the Syndicate is going to GT Thursday, the CP will probably be back there next week, the Hydro is now parked in an almond orchard in Arbuckle,........ Now for the reasons.
The Syndicate we have 1 week to make NJBA legal and change the motor, since we are gonna go ahead and run it the next NJBA race in about 10 days so we can stay in the points race. The CP will be heading back for repairs, since I should have the $$ by the end of this week. And the Hydro, no place to put it until I get rid of some other stuff, and besides, IF we decide to keep it, there will be a new paint job done on it before we put a motor in.
AND...THEY ARE MY MY MY F'ING BOATS!!! eek! :D

wsuwrhr
04-15-2003, 04:54 PM
somebody is angry...

BigBoyToys
04-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Sangster:
BBT's...Got the motor in that Hydro yet.. :rolleyes: That will come in time. Right now the big project is getting a boat ready to run at Ming....
I thought you were gonna start racing at Ming...What happened to that? :confused:

BILLY.B
04-16-2003, 03:23 AM
BigBoyToys:
And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D Hey BBT, you do need to sell some stuff and put together another Biesemeyer (blown) ,so you can run circles with CAPT. MORGAN. I think you guys will be surprised how that SS motor runs that he got from me, LOOK OUT!!! :D :D , that is if he would quit screwing around and get the boat done :D

Rexone
04-16-2003, 03:36 AM
Billy check your PM :D

BILLY.B
04-16-2003, 03:54 AM
Rexone:
Billy check your PM :D Got it, now ck yours !! :D

Rexone
04-16-2003, 03:56 AM
10-4 back at cha

BILLY.B
04-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Rexone:
10-4 back at cha Your turn :D :D :D

BigBoyToys
04-16-2003, 04:21 AM
BILLY.B:
BigBoyToys:
And, if it's a blown motor, it's going in a Biesemeyer.....and that's that :D Hey BBT, you do need to sell some stuff and put together another Biesemeyer (blown) ,so you can run circles with CAPT. MORGAN. I think you guys will be surprised how that SS motor runs that he got from me, LOOK OUT!!! :D :D , that is if he would quit screwing around and get the boat done :D Yep...Got my eyes open for the right boat now....

Sangster
04-16-2003, 07:12 AM
BigBoyToys:
Sangster:
BBT's...Got the motor in that Hydro yet.. :rolleyes: That will come in time. Right now the big project is getting a boat ready to run at Ming....
I thought you were gonna start racing at Ming...What happened to that? :confused: Well it sure don't make any sence to take a boat to the drags that ain't running right..If I'm gonna spend a couple hundred Bucks to run a boat thats not competitive, I think it's time to rethink what i'm doing..Don't worry BBT's when You get the CP back, with the bottom done & any other improvements that your having done, We'll be waitin' for YOU.. "MONO E' MONO"...So be ready..

SERIOUS ISSUES
04-16-2003, 07:32 AM
HEY BBT. THE WIFE HAS TO HAVE A BOAT. I THINK THERE IS A LAW OR SOMETHING, JUST ASK MY WIFE. :D :D