PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions / opinions

MsDrmr
10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
My 13yr old son really wants an ipod nano for x-mas. I don't know too much about electronics. He really loves music has never really asked for game systems or large ticket items so I think he just may be able to have this for x-mas. however, I don't really know whats the best to go for, it a nano the best to get, easy to use, what would yal suggest?

wsuwrhr
10-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Sell your palm tree first.
We are still waiting for pictures BTW.
I'm not really a technophile, so I can't really help much.
Brian
My 13yr old son really wants an ipod nano for x-mas. I don't know too much about electronics. He really loves music has never really asked for game systems or large ticket items so I think he just may be able to have this for x-mas. however, I don't really know whats the best to go for, it a nano the best to get, easy to use, what would yal suggest?

MsDrmr
10-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Sell your palm tree first.
We are still waiting for pictures BTW.
I'm not really a technophile, so I can't really help much.
Brian
Well, bring over your digital camera and help me.....I'm technically challenged :idea:
Truth is I am going to pick up a camera from my folks this evening take a pic and TRY to post it tomorrow (wish me luck).
But since I know your willing to help Brian, I will call if I need ya! Thanx

wsuwrhr
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, bring over your digital camera and help me.....I'm technically challenged :idea:
Truth is I am going to pick up a camera from my folks this evening take a pic and TRY to post it tomorrow (wish me luck).
But since I know your willing to help Brian, I will call if I need ya! Thanx
It's easy to post pictures.
Next time I travel out to Ontario, I'll give you a call.
Brian

MsDrmr
10-23-2006, 10:58 AM
It's easy to post pictures.
Next time I travel out to Ontario, I'll give you a call.
Brian
as well you should :p

NOTALENT
10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Ipod is definatley the way to go. They support many formats and are leading the industry in MP3 players. They offer 3 different sizes of the Nano. The 2, 4, and 8 GB. They hold 500, 1000 or 2000 songs depending on the one you pick. They are compact and good for running or just to hold and listen to. Good choice.

MsDrmr
10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
are they user friendly? I would go with the smaller one as he does not need more than 500 songs but thats still quite a bit.

BadKachina
10-23-2006, 11:38 AM
My kid has had a couple of i-pods. This latest one has video and picture capability. You can also record movies on it or tv shows that you missed during the week and watch them later. I swear you will never see him without it. Your son will absolutely love it. The nano has less memory and capabilities, I would get at least the 30g i-pod. As for price, Costco is about the best you're going to find.

lalhc
10-23-2006, 11:40 AM
ipods are very user friendly. My son has been using his for a couple of years and 500 songs is not very much. My 12 year old has close to 1000 songs on his.

Bradman
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
are they user friendly? I would go with the smaller one as he does not need more than 500 songs but thats still quite a bit.
Yes, it very user friendly. When and if you get him his ipod, you get a program call itunes that you install on your computer. It's a program/website where you can download music for .99 cents per song or buy the whole CD at a discounted rate. You can also use itunes as a music Library. You can upload all of your CD's into itunes and then download them onto his ipod. The ipod nano seems to be the choice for kids.

MsDrmr
10-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes, it very user friendly. When and if you get him his ipod, you get a program call itunes that you install on your computer. It's a program/website where you can download music for .99 cents per song or buy the whole CD at a discounted rate. You can also use itunes as a music Library. You can upload all of your CD's into itunes and then download them onto his ipod. The ipod nano seems to be the choice for kids.
Can you pick and choose the songs off a cd you own to add to an ipod or do you have to download the whole cd?

NOTALENT
10-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Yup...really user friendly. You can uploat of CD's or download from Limewire, Demonoid etc...or you can buy the MP3 like stated above for .99 cents each. I would go with the higher GB this way you wont have to buy him another in the future... :p

YODA
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Check these guys out. I bought two 2 gignano's for my grandsons a few months ago. Great price and delivery. Ive ordered from them before also. Better prices than local stores. Also could check out price grabber for the nano. You might want to consider the 4 or 8 gig for future memory.

wsuwrhr
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Check these guys out.
Check what guys out?
Forget a link maybe?
Brian

Bradman
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Can you pick and choose the songs off a cd you own to add to an ipod or do you have to download the whole cd?
You can do it either way.