PDA

View Full Version : new mexico hot boats

carreraboat
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
This is for you
sundance
I am going to try and organize a parking lot reggetta at sneakers some time in march what date do you guys think
the owner of sneakers said he would let us use the whole parking lot

Sundance
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
CB, Sounds great to me. The Saturdays of the 18 I'm in Farmington and the 25 I've got a Demo Day to do at UNM GC. Other than that I'm open. I'm open most Sundays.
Thanks again for getting it started.
Sundance :chi:

bigblockbill
01-19-2006, 03:02 PM
I like the idea and will try and be there. I don't know if you know any of the local drag racers or not, but I can try and get them to bring some boats out as well. I should be open most weekends with the execption of March 5th.

carreraboat
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
what do you guys think sunday or saturday i think more people will be able to attend on a sunday

carreraboat
01-19-2006, 03:34 PM
we are also putting together a run whatcha brung at the butte the first weekend in april

Sundance
01-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Guys, Sundays work better for me. I've got to believe that there is more than just the three of us here that read the HB Forum. Lets hear from you people, jump on in and let us know what you feel. If an "old fart" like me can do it, so can you. I would really be neat to get a Sunday reggata going in a lot. I drive past the Hooter's on 528 all the time and see the car guys out there. Why not show them what we have and how easy it is to get into it. I feel some of our hot rods are as good as on the Barrett- Jackson Auction for a hell of a lot less.
Thanks, Sundance :chi:
"Remember to Keep that Tail up"

Shark In The Pond
01-19-2006, 04:40 PM
what do you guys think sunday or saturday i think more people will be able to attend on a sunday
Where the hell you been hiding ? I was worried that I was going to get a call from you Thanksgiving to say you were on the way to pick me up and go out drinking ? :crossx:

Sundance
01-19-2006, 07:04 PM
SIP, Been hiding out this year! Business was "SHitty". My daughter and ex-son-in law are getting a divorice. My daughter got custody of their boat. Will hopefully be heading to West Texas in the next couple of months. Want to bring my hot rod down to Lubbock and Lake Nasty in San Angelo. You all got anything going this year?
Thanks,Sundance :chi:

bigblockbill
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmmm your daughter ended up with a boat... is it by chance a Kachina Tunnel that Charley used to own and race in progas jet? If so I met her the other day when I tried to buy the boat... but she wanted to keep it.

carreraboat
01-20-2006, 06:48 AM
shark man could not make it out for turkey called ahead and lubbock told me they were outta of goose :rollside: but the real reason is the boat building and motor bussiness is going stupid crazy no time to do crap when you coming to new mexico i think it is your turn

Sundance
01-20-2006, 07:12 AM
BB, I only could wish that was her boat. It's actually only a 19' Glastron. They do a lot of wake boarding and pulling my wife around on an inflatable. Be a little hard to do that in Sundance.
Remember to Keep your Tail Up

Shark In The Pond
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
SIP, Been hiding out this year! Business was "SHitty". My daughter and ex-son-in law are getting a divorice. My daughter got custody of their boat. Will hopefully be heading to West Texas in the next couple of months. Want to bring my hot rod down to Lubbock and Lake Nasty in San Angelo. You all got anything going this year?
A Kustom Kraft TX 19 for racing . Tried the lake boat last yr. but the stereo makes her run a tad bit wet ! I been running with a group in San Angelo and has a house on the lake , come on down !

Shark In The Pond
01-20-2006, 04:34 PM
shark man could not make it out for turkey called ahead and lubbock told me they were outta of goose :rollside: but the real reason is the boat building and motor bussiness is going stupid crazy no time to do crap when you coming to new mexico i think it is your turn
We have more Goose now come on over ! I know I need to get over there but when your a poor boy like me trying to put together a new race boat and run all the races this yr. my trips will be limited .

Sundance
01-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Shark, You all been running on Lake Nasty? Did go down with me ex son-in-law alst year and had a great time. We stay at the Spring River RV and eat at Pack Saddle BBQ. Will try and get down there in May with my boat.
"Remember to Keep Your Tail UP"

Shark In The Pond
01-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Shark, You all been running on Lake Nasty? Did go down with me ex son-in-law alst year and had a great time. We stay at the Spring River RV and eat at Pack Saddle BBQ. Will try and get down there in May with my boat.
"Remember to Keep Your Tail UP"
Indeed we run on it and I think the place you stayed at is just across the road from them ? I was down there last weekend to work on the boats and might be going back for Super Bowl .

carreraboat
01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I think i figured out why you dont want to come to new mexico shark man ........................ you would have to give up that god forsaken west texas humidity. We have plenty of goose over here............ come on............... here sharkey sharkey....j/k Hey did that big linemen of freind ever sell his nordic?

Shark In The Pond
01-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I think i figured out why you dont want to come to new mexico shark man ........................ you would have to give up that god forsaken west texas humidity. We have plenty of goose over here............ come on............... here sharkey sharkey....j/k Hey did that big linemen of freind ever sell his nordic?
Man I do need to get over there soon I wanna check out what you have going on now ! I have not talked with Dill for sometime so I don't know if he ever sold it ?

tpmarine.com
01-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok, count me in for both events... :rollside:

Sundance
01-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Bo, wahat's the status on the parking lot Regatta? Just back in town today and and Monday then gone again all next week and the following. Anything I can do to help?

carreraboat
01-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I guess i am trying to stall as much as possiable so i can get my boat done some time in march what ya think

tpmarine.com
01-30-2006, 08:19 AM
I guess i am trying to stall as much as possiable so i can get my boat done some time in march what ya think
Well, as long as you can get both boats done...march is ok with me. :)

Sundance
01-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Folks that works for me also. April is totally out for me. Bo what are you doing with your boat?
"Remember to Keep Your Tail Up"

carreraboat
01-30-2006, 09:57 AM
building a twin turbo and new interior lotta work no time

HOT ROD HOOLIGAN
02-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Where Is This Regatta Going To Be At?

Sundance
02-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Bo and everybody, Don't know if you all have noticed, but the NM boaters dominate the Central Area. We rule! Just kidding, but it is good to see there are a lot of us out there, or at least a few focal ones.
You all keep me going, I've been out in west texas all week. Am in Hobbs tonight,Thursday.
Up until now my email won't send, finally going tonight. Bo I'll try and stop down and see you in the next two weeks and try and help with setting up our parking lot Regatta.

carreraboat
02-10-2006, 08:11 AM
outstanding have a safe trip see you soon

DeepVee
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm a semi NM Hot Boater. I was born in Albuquerque, my dad owns a dealership in NM and I still have family in NM.I was just over in ABQ last month. Haven't been doing much over there the last few years though. We used to do the ABQ boat/RV show but the drought just about killed all new boat sales in NM so we finally gave up after 2003.
How are the lakes doing?
I've been considering heading up to Navajo for something different.

Sundance
02-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Deep Vee, Navajo is a hidden treasure. Was just up the a couple of weeks ago. The lake is still up to the spillway. They've cut the outflow to accomodate the lack of snow so far.
I have the most fun fishing the river in the AM then runing the lake in the PM. They are updating the camp grounds above the marina. Is really turning out nice. Let me know if you need any more info.

DeepVee
02-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Sundance, I haven't been there since I was a kid, >20-years ago, and only once that I remember. I remember it being a really cool lake, especially the north end. We're so close to Powell that it's really the only place we ever go but Navajo sounds like a fun trip.
Thanks, I'll check in if we come over.

Sundance
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM
DV, I enjoy it because there is very little traffic. I've cruised up to Colorado and seen maybe one boat. The days are nice in the 80's and the evenings are cool. Great place to get out of the heat although that's not a problem for you.
Flag. is a Great place. Went to school at NAU and graduated in 72. My family and I went to Sedona this past Thanksgiving and had a good time. Sure has changed. Took my daughter over to Jerome to meet an old friend. She bought me a shot of Tequelia for old time sake.

carreraboat
03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
hey sundance it was great meeting you yesterday thanks for running by the shop sorry i could spend more time with you. You know run run run.

Sundance
03-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Bo, also good meeting you. I'll try and drop a card off this week before I leave. Also, looking forward to the "Run What ya Brung" at the Butte in April. I'll be ready by then to get on the water. Also, we're having a Demo Day on March 25 at UNM South. Tell anybody around your area they are welcome to come. All the mfgs. will be there, you can try everyboies latest and greatest.

carreraboat
03-02-2006, 07:39 AM
I will put the word out on the demo day