PDA

View Full Version : Looking to cut my rudder down...

dmontzsta
10-23-2006, 02:46 PM
please tell me how much I should cut it and what angle, looking forward to seeing your replies. :D

Sangerboy
10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Donald, I have a cut rudder if you want it. It's off my Sanger. I cut it to 10" and even with the bottom when I (incorrectly) thought I had too much tail lift and the opposite was actually happening. It is chromed but in good shape.

BILLY.B
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Donald, I have a cut rudder if you want it. It's off my Sanger. I cut it to 10" and even with the bottom when I (incorrectly) thought I had too much tail lift and the opposite was actually happening. It is chromed but in good shape.Isn't it a wedge rudder Greg?. He needs a trailing rudder. Leading edge of my rudder is 11". Trailing edge is 8". Cut even with the bottom of the boat, and installed parallel to the transom.

Wildchild80
10-23-2006, 06:41 PM
please tell me how much I should cut it and what angle, looking forward to seeing your replies. :D
Donald,
What kind of boat is it and what is the boat going to be used for

eraser
10-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Get a new one!! :rollside: :rollside: :) :)

dmontzsta
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
eraser, it is like new... :)
Boat is a 75 B boat, going to be a lake/river cruiser and maybe some nostalgia. ;)

Sangerboy
10-24-2006, 05:07 AM
Isn't it a wedge rudder Greg?. He needs a trailing rudder. Leading edge of my rudder is 11". Trailing edge is 8". Cut even with the bottom of the boat, and installed parallel to the transom.
Yep it's a wedge, Donald will want a trailing edge rudder to help bring that nose down in the turns. :cool: Sorry, I didn't remember what boat he was working on. Eraser had Schiada96 make him a totally bitchen SS trailing edge rudder. I'll go measure it as it seems to be working very well.

Wildchild80
10-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
eraser, it is like new... :)
Boat is a 75 B boat, going to be a lake/river cruiser and maybe some nostalgia. ;)
You will need a "trailing edge" rudder 11" long at the front, 10 1/2" at the rear set at 1 or 2 degrees back. That should give you a good all around set up

dmontzsta
10-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I actually have a trailing edge now, like new. :)