PDA

View Full Version : Afterbay??? What day......

Kindsvater Flat
07-28-2003, 07:45 PM
What day are you going Hud?
The Olivehurst Okie (Rob) has a bunch of friends from Woodland going to the river sunday.

07-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Mike...wanna do a Berryessa run next weekend? [8-2/8-3]

Kindsvater Flat
07-28-2003, 09:21 PM
058:
Mike...wanna do a Berryessa run next weekend? [8-2/8-3] Would love to but want to stay local until I get these bugs worked out. My cousin and I talked at one time of a camp trip there with the kids.

sanger mike
07-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
The Olivehurst Okie (Rob) has a bunch of friends from Woodland going to the river sunday. hey mike, what river? you know there's alot of river's around here. :p is it hot or what eek!

ACCEPTENCE
07-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Lots of rivers around there but...there is only one Colorado River!!!!
I hear there is an event in Sept at Red Rock...hummm

Kindsvater Flat
07-29-2003, 05:06 AM
sanger mike:
Kindsvater Flat:
The Olivehurst Okie (Rob) has a bunch of friends from Woodland going to the river sunday. hey mike, what river? you know there's alot of river's around here. :p is it hot or what eek! Sacramento River in Colusa. And yes its friggin hot

Kindsvater Flat
07-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Sanger Mike....pm your number and I will tell you when we are going. We're only 20 minutes from Yuba City.

Hud
07-30-2003, 05:38 AM
There is a ban on jet ski's at the Afterbay! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119JSW001_copy.JPG :D
[ July 30, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Hud ]

Kindsvater Flat
07-30-2003, 04:04 PM
When did that happen Bob? That sucks!!

Hud
07-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Sunday, there was a gal & kid on the jet ski. The kid was in front & she was looking down talking to him. They were just outside the 5 mph zone on Larkin Rd. My buddy stomped on the gas to get away from them but it was to late. He said the ski was going about 45. I guess the kid is in pretty good shape, a few cuts, but his mom didn't make out to good. Hurt her back pretty bad.

Kindsvater Flat
07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
That sucks. Heard there was a kid killed at Lake Shasta yesterday on a jet ski.

sanger mike
07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
that sucks, :( Im glad everybodys okay. Its geting more embarasing to tell pepole i own 2 jet ski's when thing's like this happen all the time. :mad:

BigBoyToys
07-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
That sucks. Heard there was a kid killed at Lake Shasta yesterday on a jet ski. I heard on the channel 3 news tonight another Jet Skiier got killed yesterday at New Melones. An 18 year old guy from Pleasanton got killed after running into the tow rope of a boat that was pulling a wakeboarder. Apparently, the PWC operator didn't see the rope or wake boarder and ran right into the rope at a high rate of speed. Just guessing here but I would bet that he was trying to jump the wake(s) the boat was making....seen them come awful close to the back of my boat on a few occasions.....
Too many PWC operators are not paying attention!

BK
07-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
That sucks. Heard there was a kid killed at Lake Shasta yesterday on a jet ski. Yep, father and son on sedoes. Son cut in front of pops and was killed, very sad.
Hey K-Flat, were is the Afterbay? How long of a drive is it from Redding? Ive seen pictures of it and would like to check it out.

sanger mike
07-31-2003, 02:12 PM
BK, the afterbay is about 15 miles south of chico on hwy 99. :D

Kindsvater Flat
07-31-2003, 03:32 PM
BK:
Kindsvater Flat:
That sucks. Heard there was a kid killed at Lake Shasta yesterday on a jet ski. Yep, father and son on sedoes. Son cut in front of pops and was killed, very sad.
Hey K-Flat, were is the Afterbay? How long of a drive is it from Redding? Ive seen pictures of it and would like to check it out. Its south of chico right off of 99. Turn east on 162 like your going to Oroville. Its only about 100 yrds off of 99. I got the tape today Byron, I will check it out later tonight. Any footage of you towing me in? :D

sanger mike
07-31-2003, 03:38 PM
Sorry mike, my damm cell died when we were talking :mad: its charged now POS phone. call me

BK
08-01-2003, 11:07 AM
QUOTE]Any footage of you towing me in? :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
Nope, at least not on the tape I sent you wink Thanks for the directions, im gonna try and head down there in the next couple weeks.

DansBlown73Nordic
08-01-2003, 11:12 AM
That is something. To have a Jet Ski hit the ski rope..... eek! idea They should show the pictures to all people with Jet Skis....

63stevens
08-01-2003, 02:40 PM
It's too bad that jet ski's and boats are on the same water ways. Jet ski's should have their own area and boats theirs. Especially when confined to small areas.

Lady Rat Attack 1
08-01-2003, 02:47 PM
63stevens:
It's too bad that jet ski's and boats are on the same water ways. Jet ski's should have their own area and boats theirs. Especially when confined to small areas. I second that motoion :mad:

BK
08-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Not too sure I agree with banning PWC's or new laws prohibiting certain things on lakes/rivers, just opens too many doors for them to take things further and makes it more difficult on us in the long run, but it really is getting out of hand. We have a lake here locally that prohibits PWC's and I do 90% of my boating there and not Shasta because of it. Kind of a shame but ive just had too many close calls at Shasta with the PWC's.

Kindsvater Flat
08-01-2003, 09:52 PM
It doesn't matter what kind of watercraft it is. There is always an idiot with no common sense out there. Its just that the PWC is there main preference. We have all seen dumbasses in jets,v-drives, cats, even sail boats. They have every right to be out there but with no training they all will fail.

Hud
08-01-2003, 09:58 PM
You should need a license to drive one just like a motorcycle. God knows the State need's the money! :rolleyes:

ssmike
08-02-2003, 02:06 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
The Olivehurst Okie (Rob) has a bunch of friends from Woodland going to the river sunday. K Flat -
Still on for tomorrow?? What time? I just got back from vacation and got your message....I'll try to call you...
ssmike

Kindsvater Flat
08-02-2003, 06:59 PM
ssmike:
Kindsvater Flat:
The Olivehurst Okie (Rob) has a bunch of friends from Woodland going to the river sunday. K Flat -
Still on for tomorrow?? What time? I just got back from vacation and got your message....I'll try to call you...
ssmike I gave you the call. Try and make it to the river if you can. We usually have a good laid back time. You have my cell in case you get lost but its pretty easy to find.

ssmike
08-04-2003, 08:42 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Sorry K Flat.....got hung up yesterday with home projects... cry

superdave013
08-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Kindsvater Flat:
It doesn't matter what kind of watercraft it is. There is always an idiot with no common sense out there. Its just that the PWC is there main preference. We have all seen dumbasses in jets,v-drives, cats, even sail boats. They have every right to be out there but with no training they all will fail. This guy must have been the dumbest. guy got lucky (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ba2e78109c7833dc35d02920e53eabf5&threadid=56068)
He ran into the side of the Bacardi Silver offshore race boat. Oh, the next day that same boat ran over 200mph in the kilo.