PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my company's new vessel

MrsSigEpMock
10-24-2006, 01:25 PM
An internal Contest at my work:
"OCT 10, 2006 - Internal Contest: Name our new vessel!
Starting today, you can submit proposals (maximum of two) by email or fax using the attached response coupon. All entries must be received by November 24 at the latest.
The name selected (which must begin with the word SKANDI (see attached contest rules), will be chosen by an international jury and validated by the Group Executive Committee. The winner, along with the person of his/her choice, will be invited to the ship's christening in Norway in 2007.
The 105m long DSV will be fitted with an 18 diver saturation system and a 150 ton crane and all equipment necessary to support subsea construction, repair and maintenance projects in the most challenging deep water environments. The vessel will operate mainly in the UK Continental Shelf. Delivery of this ship, which is currently under construction at the Aker yards in Norway, is expected in June 2007. "http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644Untitled-1.jpg
So If you help me win, Chris and I will bring you back a shotglass, or a free ***boat t-shirt! :crossx:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Skandilus

Cole Trickle
10-24-2006, 01:44 PM
A Shot glass huh;) :crossx:
Will my name be spelled correctly on it? :idea: :p

spectras only
10-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Skandinavi , Skandinavy , Skandinavien.

MrsSigEpMock
10-24-2006, 01:55 PM
A Shot glass huh;) :crossx:
Will my name be spelled correctly on it? :idea: :p
Yep J-E-N-N-I-F-E-R! :p

godfather
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
what a concidence the equiptment we design goes on those boats. :cool: sory for the tread jack.

djunkie
10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
SS Skandi Minnow :crossx: :crossx:

BajaMike
10-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Starting today, you can submit proposals (maximum of two) by email or fax using the attached response coupon. All entries must be received by November 24 at the latest.
The name selected (which must begin with the word SKANDI (see attached contest rules), will be chosen by an international jury and validated by the Group Executive Committee. The winner, along with the person of his/her choice, will be invited to the ship's christening in Norway in 2007.
The 105m long DSV will be fitted with an 18 diver saturation system and a 150 ton crane and all equipment necessary to support subsea construction, repair and maintenance projects in the most challenging deep water environments. The vessel will operate mainly in the UK Continental Shelf. Delivery of this ship, which is currently under construction at the Aker yards in Norway, is expected in June 2007. "http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644Untitled-1.jpg
So If you help me win, Chris and I will bring you back a shotglass, or a free ***boat t-shirt! :crossx:
Any info or a web site on your company or the boat??
:idea:

R.A.D.man
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Skandily Clad

MrsSigEpMock
10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Any info or a web site on your company or the boat??
:idea:
Working on it. I asked for more info on the boat if possible.
The Company I work for is Technip USA, Inc. A division of Technip.
http://www.technip.com/english/index.html
I won't bore you with the details!

JB in so cal
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Working on it. I asked for more info on the boat if possible.
The Company I work for is Technip USA, Inc. A division of Technip.
http://www.technip.com/english/index.html
I won't bore you with the details!
tee, hee. she said nip :)
Sorry, Bow wow wow...
"Iiiiiiiii want Skandi"!

h2oski2fast
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
This sounds like RD asking me to design him a logo so he could win a contest for a pool cue. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

MrsSigEpMock
10-24-2006, 03:02 PM
This sounds like RD asking me to design him a logo so he could win a contest for a pool cue. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar5371_5.gif <--- did he win?:crossx:

MrsSigEpMock
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
tee, hee. she said nip :)
Sorry, Bow wow wow...
"Iiiiiiiii want Skandi"!
They (french) actually pronounce it Neep - "'The nights who says 'nip!'" :p

JB in so cal
10-24-2006, 03:07 PM
They (french) actually pronounce it Neep - "'The nights who says 'nip!'" :p
I'll have to slip on that one :p

Mandelon
10-24-2006, 03:16 PM
The name selected (which must begin with the word SKANDI (see attached contest rules), will be chosen by an international jury and validated by the Group Executive Committee. The winner, along with the person of his/her choice, will be invited to the ship's christening in Norway in 2007.The 105m long DSV will be fitted with an 18 diver saturation system and a 150 ton crane and all equipment necessary to support subsea construction, repair and maintenance projects in the most challenging deep water environments. The vessel will operate mainly in the UK Continental Shelf. Delivery of this ship, which is currently under construction at the Aker yards in Norway, is expected in June 2007. "http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3644Untitled-1.jpg
So if you win, then you get "invited" to the christening. Wow.... :rolleyes:

MOBrien
10-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Skandily Clad

shueman
10-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Skandilicious :cool:

Mandelon
10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Skandi You afford to buy this boat?
Skandi is dandy but Yankee is skanky.
Skandinavian queen.... :rolleyes: