PDA

View Full Version : Keith Sayers, ***boat quote on the Channel.

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 01:35 PM
After reading the article Changing the Channel, it does not seem as though law enforcement in and around the channel will change much.
" Does it mean that a Texan visiting the channel for the first time and sees his first set of pasties, and lets out a big Texas yee-haw holler will get arrested ? At what point will the City Council state it as they want it- " Having fun in the channel will offend someone, so you'll be arrested. Smiling will not be tolerated"?
-- Keith Sayer, Conquest Boats
I was in the Channel Labor day weekend and everything seemed status quo. I believe LE. will use common sense when applying the new ordinance.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
You should come out more often....

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
During the summer we typically do not go out on big weekends but this last labor day weekend we did and everything was great. We are out quite a bit on non- holiday weekends and have not noticed anything different.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
During the summer we typically do not go out on big weekends but this last labor day weekend we did and everything was great. We are out quite a bit on non- holiday weekends and have not noticed anything different.
The channel is way over policed and alot has changed, not all in the best interest of the community

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
The channel is way over policed and alot has changed, not all in the best interest of the community
I don't have a problem with the policing as long as they use common sense.
Can you give me an example of what is not in the best interest of the community?

Todd969
10-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Not this again :rolleyes:

River918
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Here we go again.... :)

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Same here.....

ChumpChange
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Can you give me an example of what is not in the best interest of the community?
Good question.

Bradman
10-24-2006, 02:27 PM
We don't care what weekend it is, holiday or non holiday, we're there. One thing we thought had changed were the crowds in the restaurants. In the past we hated going out because the wait would be 1 to 2 hours if you were lucky. This past year, we never waited more than 15 to 20 minutes for a table. Now believe me, I'm not complaining. It just seemed to us things have slowed down a little bit during the big holiday weekends as far as restaurants go. I guess this could also be due to the fact new restaurants seem to open up on a monthly basis.

ratso
10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm from Texas, and when I visited, I kept all the Yee Haws to myself... :idea:

SHOTKALLIN
10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
"SHOW ME SEE YOUR TITS!" will get you hooked up though. If you change that to "SHOW ME YOUR PASTIES! does it make it legal? :confused:

Kilrtoy
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't have a problem with the policing as long as they use common sense.
With that said, It should be crystal clear
COMMON SENSE

Kilrtoy
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Not this again :rolleyes:
Ok you gave your two cents and three words now drop it :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 03:21 PM
With that said, It should be crystal clear
COMMON SENSE
Come on, you are in LE, don't you have faith in your brothers in shorts.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Come on, you are in LE, don't you have faith in your brothers in shorts.
NO COMMENT

Todd969
10-24-2006, 03:28 PM
NO COMMENT
Best thing you've said in months :p

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 03:28 PM
NO COMMENT
Now I know why you hang at the Firehouse.

SCUBA STEVE
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
NO COMMENT
lmao!! Pick up your phone in a few :cool:

Mandelon
10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
So how about if I yelled out: "Hey, Honey.....if you would like to remove your upper torso garment yourself we would enjoy watching, but please do not take this statement as an endorsement that you break the law...but you do have nice jubblies and if they happen to fall out we would watch with much appreciation...but this statement is not an admission nor request for illegal activies and no warranties are given or implied".....would that get me in jail?? :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p :crossx:

Phat Matt
10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
So how about if I yelled out: "Hey, Honey.....if you would like to remove your upper torso garment yourself we would enjoy watching, but please do not take this statement as an endorsement that you break the law...but you do have nice jubblies and if they happen to fall out we would watch with much appreciation...but this statement is not an admission nor request for illegal activies and no warranties are given or implied".....would that get me in jail?? :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p :crossx:
But could you put it on a sign for everyone to see? :)

little rowe boat
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I have not noticed any difference. I guess we will find out next summer.

That Guy
10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
But could you put it on a sign for everyone to see? :)
:crossx: :D :crossx:

cc322
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
After reading the article Changing the Channel, it does not seem as though law enforcement in and around the channel will change much.
Yes it will change so much I dont think I could bare it :)...... bare it, now thats funny :)

little rowe boat
10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes it will change so much I dont think I could bare it :)...... bare it, now thats funny :)
Bare it, now that might land you in jail. :p

Kilrtoy
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Now I know why you hang at the Firehouse.
I have my table reserved in the back....

Throttle
10-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I have my table reserved in the back....
that is my table!

Ultracrazy
10-25-2006, 08:23 PM
REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I thought the LE did a good job of controlling the crowd......and yes....i was there......saw them in action and saw them use common sense.

phebus
10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
that is my table!
I used to be part of that table, but now that Indigo Joe's has opened, I just don't get there that much.
Indigo Joe's is very nice.

Throttle
10-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I used to be part of that table, but now that Indigo Joe's has opened, I just don't get there that much.
tried to get in on sunday but noooooooo, too full. you trader!

Bradman
10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Went there last Friday night. We thought it was very good.

phebus
10-25-2006, 08:53 PM
To get this thread back on track (sort of), we had dinner with Keith Sayre at Indigo Joe's on Friday night :rollside:
Sorry, I don't have any quotes.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I thought the LE did a good job of controlling the crowd......and yes....i was there......saw them in action and saw them use common sense.
When we are on the water we don't spend all day in the channel like many people do. The time we do spend in the channel, LE. has always been professional,courteous and they do not go out of their way to harass people.
Then again we do not spend most of our time in the channel.