PDA

View Full Version : Pics of DCB Mach 26 with Hemi & #6

roln 20s
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Anyone have pics of this boat. It was being pre rigged next to mine back in March. WOW-- what a beautiful boat. I have spoken to a few well know boat people in Havasu (including a Skater 40 owner) that said this was the SICKEST boat EVER---a true custom, one off rocket. Rumor was that 150mph would be possible .
Details that I have seen/heard of:
Hemi with blower-- approx 1400hp
Triple axle trailer on 20's--drive guard is 7' long
Prop is over 6' behind the original hulls rear edge
A custom fiberglass rear end to put the #6 about 2' behind the transo.
FULL cap with custom PAINT graphics
Custom side pods, huge stereo, etc..
Alright, I want some pics of this thing. I wish I would have taken more pics when it was being built, and of the trailer at Windsor two weekends ago for the Absolute Regatta.
Any pics anywhere??? Share the wealth?
Roln 20s

Havasu Hangin'
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
We saw that boat in Sac...I heard it got a little rain on it a couple weeks ago... :cry:

BOBALOO
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
I saw that boat on the end of the Sea Tow rope last weekend at Windsor. I hope it was something minor. The flat green anodized blower sticking out of the hatch looked AWESOME, and the boat looked great. (except the being towed part)

Boat211
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
This boat you speak of belongs to a guy by the name of Jeff Glow. He owns a fiberglass shop in Riverbank Ca. named "SMOOTH AS GLASS". This guy is unfreakinbelievable. He did all of the glass work, paint, trailer mods, and most of the install himself. He has quite an imagination. He has done some paint and glass work for me. I would recommend him to anyone.

shadow
10-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I saw that boat on the end of the Sea Tow rope last weekend at Windsor. I hope it was something minor. The flat green anodized blower sticking out of the hatch looked AWESOME, and the boat looked great. (except the being towed part)
Battery issues that weekend.Only thing about that boat that was DCB was
the hull.This guy started from scratch with the hull and came out in the end with a beatiful boat.Detailed all throughout the engine compartment all the way down to detailed grapics on the stringers,ostrich upholstrey,etc,ect.

JMC
10-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Sure would like to see this one.

DCBDaytona
10-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Another CLASSIFIED DCB, what's the deal here? I feel like I'm at work! :mad:
150mph in a Mach 26 sounds about as fun as 120mph in a Mach 22...I want a ride. :)

shadow
10-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Another CLASSIFIED DCB, what's the deal here? I feel like I'm at work! :mad:
150mph in a Mach 26 sounds about as fun as 120mph in a Mach 22...I want a ride. :)
He was out with ***boat doing photos so i'm sure it will be in an upcoming issue.
The boat was just amazing with all the detail from the the tips of the sponsons to the tips of the prop.The guy said it took him 4 years to complete.

Havasu Hangin'
10-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Battery issues that weekend.
How did the ostrich interior and flat panels hold up in the rain?

shadow
10-25-2006, 06:24 AM
How did the ostrich interior and flat panels hold up in the rain?
I don't think Ostrich's are the type of birds that like the rain. :crossx:
Actually i belive the ostrich skin is ok but not meant to hold up to the elements of boating.Wasn't coming apart or tearing,just not wearing so good.Still looked good but i belive he was saying he's going to redo the upholstrey.

DCBDaytona
10-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I don't think Ostrich's are the type of birds that like the rain. :crossx:
Actually i belive the ostrich skin is ok but not meant to hold up to the elements of boating.Wasn't coming apart or tearing,just not wearing so good.Still looked good but i belive he was saying he's going to redo the upholstrey.
I sure hope you're kidding. :)

deltarat
10-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Washed Ashore (Jeff Glow) was at Hookie Day last week with the boat, I believe you can find some pics in Hot Boat West under hookie day. That boat is sick!!!!

ELIMINAT THIS
10-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Here you go roln 20s...This boat is unreal... This run was 122mph still messing with setup.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18963

BADBLOWN572
10-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I found this picture in Hot Spots West.
http://image34.webshots.com/34/6/10/47/2362610470067439509vmsRdz_ph.jpg

Dave C
10-25-2006, 08:04 AM
thats the boat. Washedashore. Its an Hemi with a #6 with a big ol mooneyham on it :crossx:
They tell me HE painted it. The paint job is bad to the bone. So much detail in the paint both inside and out, such as "painted" aluminum panels with "painted" rivets. These guys have too much time on their hands. :rollside:
I was really impressed with his work.

ULTRA28
10-25-2006, 08:30 AM
A few shots from a few weeks ago.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497sick-f26.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497back-of-26.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497f26dash.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497interior.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/497engine.jpg

jbtrailerjim
10-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow, that is fockin sick! Lot of time and money in that thing. :cool:

DCBDaytona
10-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Umm, wow...I just wet myself.
That is BARNONE the sickest DCB built to date. :crossx:

shadow
10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Umm, wow...I just wet myself.
That is BARNONE the sickest DCB built to date. :crossx:
Nice pics but............................
The pics don't do this boat any justice,To see it up close in person is another story.

Hardly Satisfied
10-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Wow, that is fockin sick! Lot of time and money in that thing. :cool:
I agree

INSman
10-25-2006, 08:50 AM
The pics don't do this boat any justice,To see it up close in person is another story.
I agree, 1,000% :)

ELIMINAT THIS
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I agree the more you check it out the more trick $hit you see...
Btw how are you Darrel..

Blacksheep
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
WOW...That is one extreme sick boat :220v:
Insane!! :crossx:

mbrown2
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Pretty sick....
Funny thing is his pods came out quicker and sicker then Toby's...:):)
Luv the drive extension off the back.....that is the ultimate Havi/Parker Strip rig....

andy01
10-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Pretty sick....
Luv the drive extension off the back.....that is the ultimate Havi/Parker Strip rig....
COuldn't agree with you more. I think that a huge motor 6 26 would be fun. I looked at it hard this time, a lot of money to throw at a 26.
Congrats to washed ashore, you built the baddest 26' yet. Hell with all of that work he should have cut it in half and made it 4 inch's wider and flat decked it....

TOBTEK
10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Pretty sick....
see this left nut right here???? chew on it MB :p

dicudmore
10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
agreed :cool:

Dave C
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
me three...
that boat has a lot of work done to it...and it went above and beyond most blinged out boats we usually see.

Tom Slick
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
That is hands down the absolute sickest 26 footer that I've ever seen. That motor is bad ass and just looks pure race to me. Mad props to the owner/builder of that thing.
Just one little question? I checked out the running video of it over on the Hot Spots West Forum and noticed that it has a bit of a porpoise to it. Is this inherent to the F-26, or is it the CG being off because of the extra weight hanging off the back (#6 drive/tranny) or is it the driver?

andy01
10-25-2006, 04:56 PM
That is hands down the absolute sickest 26 footer that I've ever seen. That motor is bad ass and just looks pure race to me. Mad props to the owner/builder of that thing.
Just one little question? I checked out the running video of it over on the Hot Spots West Forum and noticed that it has a bit of a porpoise to it. Is this inherent to the F-26, or is it the CG being off because of the extra weight hanging off the back (#6 drive/tranny) or is it the driver?
The 26 bottom does have a small porpoise, it could be worse do to the drive hanging way out there.
Slick WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUY ANOTHER BOAT!!!!!!!!!

BoatFloating
10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
How come I can't find this video????

98 Vector 21
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow...Very nice!

3 daytona`s
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
How come I can't find this video????
Because you are cheap KARMA :rolleyes:

Washed Ashore
10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the props,you are looking at alot of cold dinners right there.I put my heart and soul into this project,I am happy with the way it turned out.This winter it will come apart to fix what i did not like.The boat handles good,I wont make any changes to motor location,the cg is where it needs to be.If you put the same boat with outboards on it side by side,the water line is within 1 inch of each other.I destroyed my prop in Havasu,the video of the boat on hooky day was the first time with a new prop,I was trimming it to see what it would do.I would classify that as a bunny hop :) I tried a five blade and the boat loves it,I cant get the boat to porpoise at all.That prop was way to small(28p)I am looking for a 16.5x31RH 5 blade(used)I am also considering EFI,with a buzzard catcher :)
Jeff Glow

Charley
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
As I have said before WA... this is the nicest 26 I have ever seen, phenominal project and agreed the pics just don't do it justice!

riverliver
10-25-2006, 07:46 PM
That thing is so Sweeeeeeeeeeeet ... Awesome job !!!

JMC
10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Man....I'm standing and clapping. Bravo! WA
Any links to videos?

ELIMINAT THIS
10-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Video of Jeffs " JCB " :rollside:
http://media.putfile.com/Orange-DCB

mbrown2
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Boat looks sick even running...

LUVNLIFE
10-26-2006, 04:21 AM
I've seen the boat up close at Jeff's shop and it is absolutely beautiful. Jeff does great work.

BoatFloating
10-26-2006, 06:53 AM
How about the Carrera family representing....
http://media.putfile.com/Keiths-Carrera

Dave C
10-26-2006, 07:29 AM
thats more than representing..... race that boat and you will be owned....
How about the Carrera family representing....
http://media.putfile.com/Keiths-Carrera

HavasuDreamin'
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
That thing is F*cking INSANE. I am going to step out on a limb and say that has got to be the highest $$$ per foot of any boat around.
HD :220v:

Aqua Boogie1
10-26-2006, 08:27 AM
I saw the boat Hooky Day, and it is sick!!!! I didn't see all the boat cause I was stuck on the motor. Very very nice!!!

acatitude
10-26-2006, 02:26 PM
amen to that , ya know someone should put a socal and norcal hooky day together....... I think norcal would be well represented, specially in the 26 ft class.... washed ashore, dcbob, robbie racer..... thats some exhibition of speed between them guys in singles.. I love the smell of race gas in the morning :rollside: :rollside: just a thought :idea:

seanv
10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
is that sc powder coated? im not a big dcb fan but DAMN that is a beautiful boat

BoatFloating
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM
My 29' with Wackers ain't keeping up with that beast....ButI bet I can make better margarita's....... :)

andy01
10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
My 29' with Wackers ain't keeping up with that beast....ButI bet I can make better margarita's....... :)
Lame........

BoatFloating
10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Lame........
You're getting better tomorrow we will try 2 syllable words..... :idea:

Prop Rod
10-26-2006, 06:14 PM
being a long time v-drive owner and never having the chance to drive a big cat like this so i have a question.
I saw this boat at Havasu, and it seemed like it took a long time to get on plane.(Sounded like alot of cavataion) i know that after its up and running it goes like a bat out of hell, is this common for big cats?
BTW, yes that boat is the nicest i have ever seen!! Props to the owner.

phebus
10-26-2006, 06:29 PM
being a long time v-drive owner and never having the chance to drive a big cat like this so i have a question.
I saw this boat at Havasu, and it seemed like it took a long time to get on plane.(Sounded like alot of cavataion) i know that after its up and running it goes like a bat out of hell, is this common for big cats?
My guess is that he was dialing the boat in, and had a tall prop on it.

BoatFloating
10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Couple things. 1 high x dim for top speed and big prop for top speeds. Cats normally don't take along time to come on plane.

andy01
10-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Couple things. 1 high x dim for top speed and big prop for top speeds. Cats normally don't take along time to come on plane.
Like you know what the fck your talking about...........

Reaper1
10-26-2006, 09:04 PM
amen to that , ya know someone should put a socal and norcal hooky day together....... I think norcal would be well represented, specially in the 26 ft class.... washed ashore, dcbob, robbie racer..... thats some exhibition of speed between them guys in singles.. I love the smell of race gas in the morning :rollside: :rollside: just a thought :idea:
Hey, nice article in Hot Boat. ;)

BoatFloating
10-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Like you know what the fck your talking about...........
No but I've seen enough DCB's that take about a week to get on plane.....
I do know more than you.... :yuk:

Dave C
10-27-2006, 07:44 AM
not a bad idea. when the norcal guys are done handing it to the socal guys... then everyone can go to the bar to figure out who can out-drink who....
what a train wreck that would be...... :rollside:

Aqua Boogie1
10-27-2006, 08:48 AM
not a bad idea. when the norcal guys are done handing it to the socal guys... then everyone can go to the bar to figure out who can out-drink who....
That would be SCARY!!!!!!! :crossx: :cool:

DAVEO
10-29-2006, 09:29 AM
That would be SCARY!!!!!!! :crossx: :cool:
We would have to do this type of hookie day in a centaly located place to make is easier on the socal winers that say its too far to the delta. :crossx:

Antisocial
10-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey pimp who told you that cats dont take long to get on plane? EVERY cat & big HP boat ive seen is a pain in the ass to get on plane. Why wouldnt you have a high X ? isnt that the whole point, going as fast as possible?

Bling Bling
10-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey pimp who told you that cats dont take long to get on plane? EVERY cat & big HP boat ive seen is a pain in the ass to get on plane. Why wouldnt you have a high X ? isnt that the whole point, going as fast as possible?
Negative. If the set ups right, your good all the way around. There's so many variables. Prop, X, HP, a real boat, multi speed tranies, c of g, a driver, etc... My 10k Nor-tech did great getting on plane, and had a great top end mph.
Usally what happens is the DCB and Elimanator guys just came from a cruz through the channel. As they approach the 5mph bouy and try to plane there heads have swelled up so much they can't see down to the trim gauge which is at +3. :D :D

Antisocial
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
thanks bling but i think youre 1/2 right.... I was at a poker run last year & i was next 2 both factory outerlimits boats. you would think that mike fiore would know how to set up a boat.... i coudnt believe how long it took to get up... but when it did watch out.... :)

acatitude
10-29-2006, 06:01 PM
nothin like a good ol train wreck......
Thanks Reaper.. still waiting to see you and your bro up this way.... didnt mean to hijack thread...... Jeffs Dcb is sick. he does awesome work.. :rollside: :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
10-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Dan's old Skater with the 1,400's had no trouble getting on plane (despite someone once saying it had too shallow X). :notam:
My boat can take awhile to get on plane...but then again, I'm just trying to baby the Bravos.

XFactor
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Dan's old Skater with the 1,400's had no trouble getting on plane (despite someone once saying it had too shallow X). :notam:
My boat can take awhile to get on plane...but then again, I'm just trying to baby the Bravos.
Where's Charley? He'll have fun with this post. :) Bet he saves it as a sig line. :D :D :D

BoatFloating
10-29-2006, 06:32 PM
thanks bling but i think youre 1/2 right.... I was at a poker run last year & i was next 2 both factory outerlimits boats. you would think that mike fiore would know how to set up a boat.... i coudnt believe how long it took to get up... but when it did watch out.... :)
What is Outerlimits making Cats now?????????????/

CHAD1
10-29-2006, 07:05 PM
What is Outerlimits making Cats now?????????????/
YES, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN SEEN YET...THEY PROBABLY CHOOSING NOT TO ABUSE THEIR EQUIPMENT.

Washed Ashore
10-29-2006, 08:13 PM
I am still trying props,I had a 32p on it,it did cavitate ALOT,once on plane it ran great.I destroyed it while down there :cry: I had a 28p five blade coming from Vegas.That prop was way to small,I could just over power it!The boat loved the extra tail lift.When I returned home,I tried a 31p four blade the boat came on plane easily.In my previous post,I mentioned I am looking for a 16.5x31p five blade,I think that will be perfect for the pump gas set up.I am confident the boat will run 135 on pump gas with that prop,then the testing
starts all over with race gas.THANKS for the kind words.
Jeff Glow

WetWillie
10-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Boat is Insane.. I know I razzed you for talking but not producing but wow you really came though.. What would you charge to make another one??? :)

Washed Ashore
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Boat is Insane.. I know I razzed you for talking but not producing but wow you really came though.. What would you charge to make another one??? :)
Thanks WW,I think you told me I didnt belong in C and T's :p How much you got$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $
Jeff

Bling Bling
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks WW,I think you told me I didnt belong in C and T's :p How much you got$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $
Jeff
Jeff your boat 1 to 10 is a 13. The fiberglass work for the transom is incredible. The way you made everthing flow looks like it was ment for a 6. Change the pulleys and go for 150. Have fun....

dcbracing32
10-29-2006, 11:00 PM
so does that 26 require a whole different mold because of the box part in the back?

Huckleberry
10-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Call me stupid, but what is the pipe sticking up on the outdrive for? I've seen it on a few boats buy have no clue what it's for? :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
10-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Call me stupid, but what is the pipe sticking up on the outdrive for? I've seen it on a few boats buy have no clue what it's for?
Aeriation tube- brings air into the prop when getting on plane (allows the prop to break loose and not bog the motor).

dicudmore
10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Negative. If the set ups right, your good all the way around. There's so many variables. Prop, X, HP, a real boat, multi speed tranies, c of g, a driver, etc... My 10k Nor-tech did great getting on plane, and had a great top end mph.
Usally what happens is the DCB and Elimanator guys just came from a cruz through the channel. As they approach the 5mph bouy and try to plane there heads have swelled up so much they can't see down to the trim gauge which is at +3. :D :D
gotta agree with Bling on this one...Mark's 36' Spectre (10,000 lbs??) rolls over at 1/4 to 1/2 throttles ~2500RPM and takes a couple boat lengths to do it. X several inches above the bottom, and fairly big wheels--17.5X35's

Jordy
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Dan's old Skater with the 1,400's had no trouble getting on plane (despite someone once saying it had too shallow X). :notam: .
Hell, Dan's old Skater was halfway on plane on one engine rolling through Thompson Bay. ;) :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2006, 04:48 AM
Hell, Dan's old Skater was halfway on plane on one engine rolling through Thompson Bay. ;) :D
Rumors are that a couple big oafs may have to go show the new owner how to drive it this weekend...
:supp:

Jordy
10-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Rumors are that a couple big oafs may have to go show the new owner how to drive it this weekend...
:supp:
That sounds horrible. Does he realize what he's in for and has he stocked up on about 5 gallons of Goose, not to mention an armored truck for the bar tab at the Turtle??? :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2006, 07:13 AM
That sounds horrible. Does he realize what he's in for and has he stocked up on about 5 gallons of Goose, not to mention an armored truck for the bar tab at the Turtle??? :D
And we can't forget the damage charges from when Dan is going to destroy the hotel room... :cry:

Jordy
10-31-2006, 07:52 AM
And we can't forget the damage charges from when Dan is going to destroy the hotel room... :cry:
It might be cheaper for the new owner to just fly JT out, granted it wouldn't be quite the adventure. :D :D :D

Washed Ashore
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I think this looks better!!!
Jeff
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/boats021006_630.jpgCall me stupid, but what is the pipe sticking up on the outdrive for? I've seen it on a few boats buy have no clue what it's for? :confused:

Phat Matt
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I think this looks better!!!
Jeff
Yeah it does. Great job. :)

mbrown2
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Nice job Jeff....I am sure you will see a couple of those now at the Miami show....way to do something very cool and different.:)

Reaper1
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Carbon Fiber Aeration Tube Cover. Nice

DCBob
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Ya need to post a couple of the new motor pics on this thread. I'd a done it for ya but I ain't that smart! ;) :)

Washed Ashore
10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Pic of rigging,almost to pretty to cover with a engine:D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/boats021005_582.jpg

Washed Ashore
10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Just about ready for the dyno,next week fo-sho:) http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/boats021006_619.jpg

RiverDave
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Beautiful boat!! That thing is sick through out!
My hats off to you.
RD

mbrown2
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice job...DCB could learn a thing or two from you...very nice!

CHAD1
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Just about ready for the dyno,next week fo-sho:) http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/boats021006_619.jpg
that motor is going to sound sick at idle.....please video.

Chipster27
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
see this left nut right here???? chew on it MB :p
True dat :rolleyes:

02HoWaRd26
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/boats021006_619.jpg
I too hope your going to get some video of it on the dyno

cam-shaft
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Boat and motor look pretty damn good. Are those Bassett headers with the O2 in the exhaust? Thanks, Cam-shaft.

Dave C
11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
thats last one he had sure sounded good...
he blew by the shore and everyone look over all at once and said "what the f uck was that" :D
that motor is going to sound sick at idle.....please video.
You have to see this boat in person... the paint job is off the charts...This ain't your typical DCB. This is truely a custom job. Pictures don't convey the true detail and workmanship involved here.
Nice job...DCB could learn a thing or two from you...very nice!