PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh: Michael J. Fox Exploited Disease

RitcheyRch
10-25-2006, 05:32 AM
What a moron.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_297182408.html
His body visibly wracked by tremors, actor Michael J. Fox appears in a political ad that was the subject of widespread discussion on Monday after conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh claimed Fox was "either off his medication or acting."
A victim of Parkinson's disease, Fox speaks out in the ad for Missouri Democratic Senate candidate Claire McCaskill, who supports embryonic stem cell research.
"I think this is exploitative in a way that's unbecoming of either Claire McCaskill or Michael J. Fox," Limbaugh said on his syndicated show.
On his Web site Tuesday, Limbaugh appeared to back away from his accusation.
"All I'm saying is I've never seen him the way he appears in this commercial for Claire McCaskill," says Limbaugh. "So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act, especially since people are telling me they have seen him this way on other interviews and in other television appearances."
"As you might know I care deeply about stem cell research," says Fox, who has struggled with Parkinson's disease for more than a decade. "In Missouri you can elect Claire McCaskill, who shares my hope for cures."
McCaskill has made support for the research a key part of her campaign to unseat Sen. Jim Talent. The Republican incumbent opposes the research as unethical, saying it destroys human embryos.
The new ad debuted prominently Saturday night during Game 1 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Detroit Tigers and will continue airing statewide this week, a campaign spokeswoman said.
Debate over stem cell research looms large in Missouri, where voters are considering a ballot measure that would amend the state constitution to protect all federally allowed forms of the research, including embryonic stem cell research. The scientific study holds promise in the search to cure diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
"Unfortunately, Senator Jim Talent opposes expanding stem cell research," Fox says in the 30-second spot. "Senator Talent even wanted to criminalize the science that gives us a chance for hope."
Talent's campaign called the ad a false attack.
"Senator Talent supports medical research including stem cell research that doesn't involve cloning or destroying a human embryo," said Talent spokesman Rich Chrismer.
Earlier this year, Talent withdrew his support for a Senate bill that would ban all embryonic stem cell research and impose a million-dollar fine and jail sentence on violators. But he opposes the Missouri ballot initiative, claiming it would "make cloning human life at the earliest stage a constitutional right."
Supporters of the state referendum deny that assertion, noting the language of the proposed constitutional amendment explicitly bans human cloning.
McCaskill, running even with Talent in the latest polls, hopes to get a boost from aligning herself with support for the ballot measure, which recent polls show has the support of 58 percent of likely voters. Backers of the measure have raised nearly $29 million toward its passage, the costliest political campaign in Missouri history.
Fox's ad urges voters that "what you do in Missouri matters to millions of Americans. Americans like me." The ad ends with a picture of McCaskill and her voice approving the message.
A native of Canada, Fox became an American citizen in 2000 and has been politically active for Democratic causes. He campaigned for John Kerry in the 2004 presidential race and lobbied Congress to lift President Bush's restrictions on funding for stem cell research

rrrr
10-25-2006, 07:42 AM
He stopped taking his meds to do the commercial....also did that when he testified before Congress a few years ago....he is involved in a cheap political stunt IMO.

framer1
10-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Before I heard what limbaugh said, I thought it looked like he was faking it. I never seen him shake like that before. It's just poltics as usual.

HM
10-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Michael J. Fox is a tool and really is a terrible mouth piece since he maximizes the drama by getting off of his meds. Rush is a moron for speaking the truth? But, Michael J. Fox supported Kerry....so who is the moron?

TJRiver
10-25-2006, 08:02 AM
How many of you have Parkinson's? We all know how qualified Rush is to determine who is and is not on drugs......

rrrr
10-25-2006, 08:03 AM
A Doctors' take on the subject at hand:
The popular and appealing actor Michael J. Fox has taken to the airwaves in Senate battleground states Missouri, Maryland, and New Jersey with a highly misleading ad urging defeat of Republican Senatorial candidates opposing the use of taxpayer dollars to fund new embryonic stem cell line research. He states,
“Stem cell research offers hope to millions of Americans with diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s…. But George Bush and Michael Steele would put limits on the most promising stem cell research.”
Mr. Fox and his ads’ sponsors are guilty of conflating embryonic stem cell research, which the GOP candidates and many Americans oppose for destroying a human life in the name of curing other people’s diseases, with stem cell research in general, which includes adult stem cell research and umbilical cord blood stem cell research.
The only limits in question are on federal funding of new embryonic stem cell lines, requiring the sacrifice of new embryos. Private and state-funded research (California voters are spending six billion dollars borrowing money to fund this) is ongoing. The implicit claim that research based on new embryos is “the most promising” is absurd, completely unsupported by the scientific literature, and an insult to voters, based as it is on the assumption that they are incapable of understanding the issue. Too stupid to tell the difference, is the elitist assumption underlying this campaign.
Flim-flam is a charitable description. Why would federally-funded research be more promising than state- and privately-funded research? And on what possible basis can the claim be made that embryonic stem cell research is more promising than adult stem cell research?
The plain fact is that embryonic stem cell research is proving to be a bust. There are currently 72 therapies showing human benefits using adult stem cells and zero using embryonic stem cells. Scientifically-minded readers can review this medical journal article on the status of adult stem cell research. while no such treatments are even remotely in prospect for embryonic stem cell research.
The fact is that adult stem cells have already produced remarkable cures, whereas embryonic stem cells have failed. This should come as no great surprise to anyone with a background in high school biology. When an embryo is created by the union of the sperm and egg, the cells begin to divide, creating embryonic stem cells from which all future tissues and organs are derived. Within days, the embryonic cells differentiate into three cell layers – ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm. Cells in these layers continue to differentiate into tissues and organs. As the embryo matures into a fetus, child, and adult, some undifferentiated cells of the three types remain in various tissues such as bone marrow, fat, skin and olfactory tissue.
These adult stem cells are multipotent: they have the ability to turn into a variety of types of tissues. Successful stem cell therapies cause the DNA in the adult stem cells to further differentiate into more specific types of cells. There is no point in getting the adult stem cell to turn into a less differentiated type of cell, or using the more primitive embryonic stem cells. This would be going backward, in the opposite direction of providing a clinically useful therapy. Difficulties abound with proposed embryonic stem cell therapies. The growth of the more primitive embryonic stem cells is more difficult to control and leads to tumor formation. Recent research suggests brain tumors may result. Additionally, the use of embryonic tissue foreign to the patient can potentially lead to problems with immune rejection of tissue, a problem not encountered in using a patient’s own adult stem cells.
America is the most formidable medical research center in the world, but it is far from alone in pursuing the potential of adult stem cells. The worldwide effort is impressive and growing. For non-adult stem cell research, a morally unquestionable alternative source exists: stem cells drawn from umbilical cord blood. Already a bank exists in Dubai collecting cord blood stem cells.
In short, the claims made in the Michael J. Fox political ads are false and reprehensible, an insult to the voters of Maryland, Missouri and New Jersey, and to all Americans.
DR. MARY DAVENPORT
Mary Davenport is an obstetrician/gynecologist practicing medicine in El Sobrante, California. She graduated from Smith College, received her M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine, and completed her residency at the University of California, San Diego. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and has served on the clinical faculty of the University of California, San Francisco Medical School. She is a member of the board of directors of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and strictly follows the teachings of the Catholic Church in her practice of medicine.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
"She is a member of the board of directors of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and strictly follows the teachings of the Catholic Church in her practice of medicine."
She's seems really unbiased towards the issue.

rrrr
10-25-2006, 08:18 AM
How many of you have Parkinson's? We all know how qualified Rush is to determine who is and is not on drugs......
Fox said in his autobiography that he quit taking his meds before he testified to Congress. Rush ain't making it up.

OutCole'd
10-25-2006, 08:19 AM
"She is a member of the board of directors of the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and strictly follows the teachings of the Catholic Church in her practice of medicine."
LMAO.......

rrrr
10-25-2006, 08:19 AM
You're right to be skeptical.....but I have read the same thing in other places.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Didnt know that. Guess all part of the political crap we have to deal with for awhile.
Fox said in his autobiography that he quit taking his meds before he testified to Congress. Rush ain't making it up.

deltaAce
10-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Michael J. Fox is a tool and really is a terrible mouth piece since he maximizes the drama by getting off of his meds. Rush is a moron for speaking the truth? But, Michael J. Fox supported Kerry....so who is the moron?
My thoughts exactly, Sometimes telling the truth seems mean, but deceit is more harmfull than hurt feelings. Michael J. Fox was implying in a mis-leading manor that if you vote against the Rebublican canidate that you will help heal him, what a shill. That is always the Democrates style "save the (fill in the blank)".

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Yea, I wonder if her "Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and those strictly following the teachings of the Catholic Church" also includes the condoning of priests molesting boys?
Any effort to block the use of stem cell research by any religious person or politician is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
And I see nothing wrong with Michael J. Fox stopping his medicine to testisfy or to do the commercial, he's showing what it would be like if modern medicine was not available to him....maybe through increased research using stem-cell technology, he (and millions of others) could be cured.
I agree with Rush Limbough on a lot of what he says, but in this case, he's a total ASS!! :yuk: :mad: :argue:
:idea: :rollside:

centerhill condor
10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
And I see nothing wrong with Michael J. Fox stopping his medicine to testisfy or to do the commercial, he's showing what it would be like if modern medicine was not available to him....maybe through increased research using stem-cell technology, he (and millions of others) could be cured.
If I had this disease I would exploit it for a cure...I think, however, his efforts are misplaced. You have stem cells that can be manipulated for the advancement of science without the religious outrage.

Old Texan
10-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Stem Cell research and environmental impact issues such as global warming have become so battered by false claims and junk science that it's difficult to discern either topic intelligently.
The Hollywood crowd would do us all a favor to sit down and STFU. They exploit themselves by trying to "get the real facts to the people" and tear down the sytem. It's no telling how many donations have been diverted from "Real" legitimate research due to their ignorant banter and claims.
Lawyers and Actors do far more harm than good to our society.

bigq
10-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Yea, I wonder if her "Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and those strictly following the teachings of the Catholic Church" also includes the condoning of priests molesting boys?
Any effort to block the use of stem cell research by any religious person or politician is the ultimate in hypocrisy.
I agree with Rush Limbough on a lot of what he says, but in this case, he's a total ASS!! :yuk: :mad: :argue:
I think Michael J Fox should be able to do what he wants even if it is a cheap political stunt. I also think Rush should be able to question it even if he is wrong.
I am more pissed about how it is being played in the mainstream media to create hate towards Rush. Everyone is playing his first remarks, but neglect to play the part when he comes back on a after a break and Apologizes after finding out Fox was not over acting. Amazing how they leave that part out. :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-25-2006, 10:15 AM
She appears to be professionally medically qualified to speak on the issue, religious beliefs or no. I saw nothing in the above text that appears to me to be religious-based construing of fact. Double check her and look uo the research, check her varacity. If she is accurate, her cred stands. If there is a bunch of published enbryonic research that she is denying exists, bust her credibility then. Not on the above BS.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=BajaMike]Yea, I wonder if her "Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and those strictly following the teachings of the Catholic Church" also includes the condoning of priests molesting boys?
Sooo it's all right for MJF to lie about it but Rush is an ass for calling him on it?

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=BajaMike]Yea, I wonder if her "Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists and those strictly following the teachings of the Catholic Church" also includes the condoning of priests molesting boys?
Sooo it's all right for MJF to lie about it but Rush is an ass for calling him on it?
Where did Michael J Fox lie about anything....I missed that part? He can't take his own meds when and if he wants??:confused:

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
She appears to be professionally medically qualified to speak on the issue, religious beliefs or no. I saw nothing in the above text that appears to me to be religious-based construing of fact. Double check her and look uo the research, check her varacity. If she is accurate, her cred stands. If there is a bunch of published enbryonic research that she is denying exists, bust her credibility then. Not on the above BS.
The cited sentence removes all her credibility, at least as it pertains to this subject. She opposes stem cell research on religious grounds.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Where did Michael J Fox lie about anything....I missed that part? He can't take his own meds when and if he wants??:confused:
The evil Republicans keeping STEM cell research from moving forward and curing his disease. It's a blatent lie.

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 10:55 AM
The evil Republicans keeping STEM cell research from moving forward and curing his disease. It's a blatent lie.
Many Republicans, including President Bush, are against stem cell research. Is that not a true statement?
:confused:

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
And I don't think Republicans are evil (I'm a Republican), but the crusade by the "religious right", Catholics (I used to be one) and "Pro-lifers" against stem cell research is indeed "EVEL"!....IMHO.... :yuk:

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Many Republicans, including President Bush, are against stem cell research. Is that not a true statement?
:confused:
No, As a matter of fact that is a 100% FALSE statement!!
Many people including President Bush are against FEDERAL FUNDING of FETAL that's FETAL stem cell research.
Once again...........FEDERAL funding of FETAL stem cell research.
That was FEDERAL FUNDING of FETAL stem cell research.
FEDERAL funding FETAL stem cell. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
It sure is easy to criticize someone when you are not in their shoe's. If I had Parkinsons, I would be doing everything in my power to get funding and draw attention to the cause.

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
You said nothing about "FETAL" stem cell research in your first statement (see above).
And I see nothing wrong with "FEDERAL" (see again "FEDERAL") funding of "FETAL STEM CELL RESEARCH".
The FEDERAL government provides the highest percentage of funding for medical research in the world. :idea:
:rollside:

little rowe boat
10-25-2006, 11:11 AM
As for Limbaugh, who the hell is he to criticize anyone. F'n drug addict.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
You said nothing about "FETAL" stem cell research in your first statement (see above).
And I see nothing wrong with "FEDERAL" (see again "FEDERAL") funding of "FETAL STEM CELL RESEARCH".
The FEDERAL government provides the highest percentage of funding for medical research in the world. :idea:
:rollside:
That's the problem the liars on the left leave out the truth. They never ever say fetal stem cell research or the little tidbit about federal funding.
They also leave out the fact that adult stem cell research shows much more promising results and that fetal stem cell experimentation has actullay had some severe reactions,
They are trying to make Republicans look like religious nut jobs by lies and deceit.
If you had ever had to deal with the government on any level, city, state or federal you wouldn't want them meddling in any of this. I want the private sector to handle it.
The ad is BS politics nothing more or less. That SOB knows the truth he's not an imbecile. He does think voters are.
I have no respect for him what so ever any longer.

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
That's the problem the liars on the left leave out the truth. They never ever say fetal stem cell research or the little tidbit about federal funding.
They also leave out the fact that adult stem cell research shows much more promising results and that fetal stem cell experimentation has actullay had some severe reactions,
They are trying to make Republicans look like religious nut jobs by lies and deceit.
If you had ever had to deal with the government on any level, city, state or federal you wouldn't want them meddling in any of this. I want the private sector to handle it.
The ad is BS politics nothing more or less. That SOB knows the truth he's not an imbecile. He does think voters are.
I have no respect for him what so ever any longer.
You make a lot of good points, however:
• There’s a lot of lies on right also. What’s wrong with FETAL STEM CELL research? Many of the anti-abortions people maintain that it will “encourage” abortions, which is absurd.
• The FEDERAL government does do some things very well, the CDC in Atlanta is a good example.
• Most research would be done by private organizations and business, why limit their avenues for funding?
It all goes back to “What’s wrong with FETAL STEM CELL research?”
Also, do you have a transcript or video of the Michael J Fox commercial that all this is referring to? Have you actually seen it? I haven’t seen it and I would like to see what he actually said.
:idea:

10-25-2006, 12:29 PM
This commerical of Fox endorsing this person is along the same lines as John Edwards claiming that if we elect John Kerry Christopher Reeves will walk again. Pandering to the uninformed as usual. :yuk:

BajaMike
10-25-2006, 12:42 PM
The actual commercial on UTube....
Michael J Fox Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo)
By the way, I think he was born in Canada....I wonder if he can even vote?

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
The actual commercial on UTube....
Michael J Fox Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo)
By the way, I think he was born in Canada....I wonder if he can even vote?
He became a citizen just so he could vote for kerry. :rolleyes:

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
He became a citizen just so he could vote for kerry. :rolleyes:
Too bad more like him didn't. Maybe we wouldn't be neck deep in shit right now.
I watched that idiot monkey stumble his way through another do-nothing, say-nothing press conference this afternoon talking abount nookular bombs and asked myself "are we this fvcking stupid?"

SHOTKALLIN
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
What is wrong with stem cell research on embrio that are being destroyed anyway? There are alot of diseases that need to be cured. Since they are throwing embrios away anyway who does it hurt?
IMHO this is the real issue and who cares if Fox is on or off his meds.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Too bad more like him didn't. Maybe we wouldn't be neck deep in shit right now.
I watched that idiot monkey stumble his way through another do-nothing, say-nothing press conference this afternoon talking abount nookular bombs and asked myself "are we this fvcking stupid?"
Why yes you are correct!
It's all Bush's fault! The economy, no terror attacks in this country, falling gas prices, the stock market. Yup all of that damn Bush's fault!
We should have elected kerry and the breck boy!
Did you know Kerry was in Vietnam? It's seared, seared in his memory! :rolleyes:

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 02:26 PM
What is wrong with stem cell research on embrio that are being destroyed anyway? There are alot of diseases that need to be cured. Since they are throwing embrios away anyway who does it hurt?
IMHO this is the real issue and who cares if Fox is on or off his meds.
That's not this thread. On this thread MJF lied about a Republican running for office. He says he tried to make stem cell research illegal. Fcking lying sac 'o shit.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Why yes you are correct!
It's all Bush's fault! The economy, no terror attacks in this country, falling gas prices, the stock market. Yup all of that damn Bush's fault!
Did you know Kerry was in Vietnam? It's seared, seared in his memory! :rolleyes:
You're eloquent discourse and even handed mastery of the political landscape has convinced me to abandon my current position and align my political views with yours.
In order to complete my transition I just need two small pieces of information:
1) Which way is up?
2) What color is the sky in your world.
Thanks.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you, Sir

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Dr Mary Davenport begins paragraph three in her article by stating:
"Mr. Fox and his ads’ sponsors are guilty of conflating embryonic stem cell research"
Conflating???
Sorry, makes no sense

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
The cited sentence removes all her credibility, at least as it pertains to this subject. She opposes stem cell research on religious grounds.
Another thank you.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Why yes you are correct!
There can be no denying that Mr. Bush is a bafoon. It's not about, conservative or liberal, democrat or republican, it's about right and wrong.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
There can be no denying that Mr. Bush is a bafoon. It's not about, conservative or liberal, democrat or republican, it's about right and wrong.
That would be buffoon.
Pot meet kettle! :D
Is the economy not steaming right along?
Have there been any terrorist attacks on our soil?
Just what is it you liberal weenies hate about him so much other than he is a horrible public speaker?
Back on topic Rush was right and MJF lied on a purely political commercial without taking his meds just to get that liberal "tugging on your heartstrings to hell with facts feel going". You fell for it. Watch it again. :D

vmjtc3
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
He looks like limbaugh does first thing in the morning, before he washes his first lortab down with an ice cold beer. I think they are both tool's :220v:

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
He looks like limbaugh does first thing in the morning, before he washes his first lortab down with an ice cold beer. I think they are both tool's :220v:
Hey at least you hate for a GOOD reason! :p

Boatcop
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Little is said that if embryonic stem cell research continues, or is expanded on the grand scale that the Dems want, it will turn low income women into embryo factories.
They will artificially inseminate women, and create a human life, for the sole purpose of aborting it for research. Underprivileged women will be recruited for this purpose with the promise of a few dollars and a medical check-up.
It will exploit them to no end. Where's the "caring" that the liberals espouse so much.
It's no wonder that measures supporting procedures and policies such as this are backed and funded by NOW, Planned Parenthood, and the abortion on demand crowd. They are the same ones that will push a woman into abortion, championing them for their "courage" and "free will", but then ignore their needs when they get emotionally fupped duck from the procedure.
It also isn't being told that the measures that MJF are advocating will create a Constitutional right to human cloning in Missouri and the other states that are treading down that road.
Sorry. I don't buy the hype. There's an agenda out there, and it has nothing to do with curing Parkinsons or any other disease.
No one (except the Democrats) is saying that our President or any other Republican is against stem cell research. They are just against making and killing babies to supply fodder for research that could be accomplished through other means.

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
There's a reason Rush Limbaugh is called the OXY-MORON.

Jyruiz
10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Little is said that if embryonic stem cell research continues, or is expanded on the grand scale that the Dems want, it will turn low income women into embryo factories.
They will artificially inseminate women, and create a human life, for the sole purpose of aborting it for research. Underprivileged women will be recruited for this purpose with the promise of a few dollars and a medical check-up.
It will exploit them to no end. Where's the "caring" that the liberals espouse so much.
It's no wonder that measures supporting procedures and policies such as this are backed and funded by NOW, Planned Parenthood, and the abortion on demand crowd. They are the same ones that will push a woman into abortion, championing them for their "courage" and "free will", but then ignore their needs when they get emotionally fupped duck from the procedure.
It also isn't being told that the measures that MJF are advocating will create a Constitutional right to human cloning in Missouri and the other states that are treading down that road.
Sorry. I don't buy the hype. There's an agenda out there, and it has nothing to do with curing Parkinsons or any other disease.
No one (except the Democrats) is saying that our President or any other Republican is against stem cell research. They are just against making and killing babies to supply fodder for research that could be accomplished through other means.
I don't think anybody could have said it better. Nice job.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
That would be buffoon.
Pot meet kettle! :D
Is the economy not steaming right along?
Have there been any terrorist attacks on our soil?
Just what is it you liberal weenies hate about him so much other than he is a horrible public speaker?
Back on topic Rush was right and MJF lied on a purely political commercial without taking his meds just to get that liberal "tugging on your heartstrings to hell with facts feel going". You fell for it. Watch it again. :D
You are right about my poor spelling but the fact remains

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Sadly this falls on deaf (and dumb) ears.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
You are right about my poor spelling but the fact remains
Really? What Fact would that be?
That you are a buffoon?
You can't spell yet you call the president names because he isn't eloquent enough for your high standards?
Why not post a FACT on why you really hate him? :p

Howie Feltersnatch
10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
"They will artificially inseminate women, and create a human life, for the sole purpose of aborting it for research. Underprivileged women will be recruited for this purpose with the promise of a few dollars and a medical check-up."
Chill out Dr. McCoy. Sounds like somebody caught one too many episodes of Star Trek. Hundreds of millions of stem cells pass through and out of human bodies daily during female menstration.
Perhaps we could switch phasers to kill and wipe out this affront to (insert society here)'s way of life.
Always cracks me up when the nuts run out of arguments and start throwing out the star trek alternative crazy alternative reality arguments if you disagree with them.
Beam me up Scotty...

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Chill out Dr. McCoy. Sounds like somebody caught one too many episodes of Star Trek. Hundreds of millions of stem cells pass through and out of human bodies daily during female menstration.
So why do we need to clone human embryos for FETAL stem cell "research"?
Please educate me 'o wise and powerful one. :p

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 04:18 PM
It's no wonder that measures supporting procedures and policies such as this are backed and funded by NOW, Planned Parenthood, and the abortion on
demand crowd. They are the same ones that will push a woman into abortion, championing them for their "courage" and "free will", but then ignore their needs when they get emotionally fupped duck from the procedure.
Sorry. I don't buy the hype. There's an agenda out there, and it has nothing
to do with curing Parkinsons or any other disease.
Your implication that democrates are in favor of murdering babies, in the name or research, is outrageous. I would be offended if I were a domocrate and embarrased if I were a repulican.

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Your implication that democrates are in favor of murdering babies, in the name or research, is outrageous. I would be offended if I were a domocrate and embarrased if I were a repulican.
Ultra,
Democrats are in favor of murdering babies for birth control.
Research to them is just a bonus.
It's 45 million and counting since Roe V Wade.
Don't get me wrong I'm in favor of abortion. In fact it should be mandatory if the mother can't show she's capable of at least attemping to raise the child without government assistance.
Back to the subject at hand.
Rush says MJF didn't take his meds OR was acting when he did the commercial.
Nothing more nothing less.
He's 100% correct. Hate the man if you will but he didn't lie.
MJF lied blatently.
The truth has no political affiliation.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Really? What Fact would that be?
That you are a buffoon?
You can't spell yet you call the president names because he isn't eloquent enough for your high standards?
Why not post a FACT on why you really hate him? :p
In your eyes I may be a buffoon.
I don't hate anyone, including Mr. Bush. If you are of the opinion that Mr. Bush has been doing a good and honest job, as our President, you are part of a shrinking minority. By the way you apparantly spell better than Mr. Bush and I. Oh and yes, I do have standards A mispelled word doesn't disqualify me having them.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Ultra,
Democrats are in favor of murdering babies for birth control.
Research to them is just a bonus.
It's 45 million and counting since Roe V Wade.
Don't get me wrong I'm in favor of abortion. In fact it should be mandatory if the mother can't show she's capable of at least attemping to raise the child without government assistance.
Back to the subject at hand.
Rush says MJF didn't take his meds OR was acting when he did the commercial.
Nothing more nothing less.
He's 100% correct. Hate the man if you will but he didn't lie.
MJF lied blatently.
The truth has no political affiliation.
I don't believe in abortion but I also don't believe that if someoe does, it makes them a murderer. I watched the video and MJF looked terrible. I have watched family members destrroyed by that desease, and it's not pretty. I never made any comment about Rush at all. I don't hate him. Your last comment "The truth has no political affiliation" is so true. Isn't everything about the truth? I think so

Schiada76
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
In your eyes I may be a buffoon.
I don't hate anyone, including Mr. Bush. If you are of the opinion that Mr. Bush has been doing a good and honest job, as our President, you are part of a shrinking minority. By the way you apparantly spell better than Mr. Bush and I. Oh and yes, I do have standards A mispelled word doesn't disqualify me having them.
You missed the point.
I don't think you're buffoon but you can't attack a man especially the president for his verbal gaffes if you're going to misspell.
My point was if you hate him or think he's doing a bad job state why.
If it's Iraq, well the Middle East has been a shithole of warring factions for what 1000, 2000, years?
The current problem is several fold, oil, strategic, and terrorism to start.
The Middle East currently sits on the life blood of the entire global economy. It's simple who should control it? Islam? Fcking primative cavemen?
I think you would agree.
Someone had to do something to start to stabilize the region.
It's OK, you can detest him or hate him for starting the process but it had to be done.
This not withstanding the fact that the world is a very small place now. Primitives can reach out and touch us. You, your wife, your children everyone you know. What would you or the spineless liberals do? Give up? Run away? Lay there and die?
Well maybe if we were French but we aren't.
Now back to MJF being a slimey little lying liberal fck.
Does anyone dispute the fact that he lied and Rush told the truth?
Man up you liberal pussies! Just admit you hate Rush and Bush. We can live with that. can you? :p

ratso
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
I would be offended and embarassed to be either one...

rrrr
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Why do you say she has no credibility just because "She opposes stem cell research on religious grounds"? That's pretty stupid. If she didn't oppose it, then she wouldn't have written the article.
Can you fault what she said? Show me where she is baised or is untruthful. You can't. It's common knowledge in the research community that fetal stem cells have shown very little promise for curing disease.

deltaAce
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
This commerical of Fox endorsing this person is along the same lines as John Edwards claiming that if we elect John Kerry Christopher Reeves will walk again. Pandering to the uninformed as usual. :yuk:
Exactly, ALL the Democrat stuff is weak ass BS. They are the biggest bunch of sissy BS liers ever. I just watched this A-hole Michael J Fox Commercial , he never looked that way on Boston Legal. Everything these Dem's do is deception & if you can't see it plain as day.......................:mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo

SmokinLowriderSS
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
So, the fact she is religiously opposed to obtaining FETAL stem cells via abortions negates her entire medical training and experience. Nice.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
You make a lot of good points, however:
• There’s a lot of lies on right also. What’s wrong with FETAL STEM CELL research? Many of the anti-abortions people maintain that it will “encourage” abortions, which is absurd.
• The FEDERAL government does do some things very well, the CDC in Atlanta is a good example.
• Most research would be done by private organizations and business, why limit their avenues for funding?
It all goes back to “What’s wrong with FETAL STEM CELL research?”
Also, do you have a transcript or video of the Michael J Fox commercial that all this is referring to? Have you actually seen it? I haven’t seen it and I would like to see what he actually said.
Well, apparently there is plenty wrong with it as apparently it is NOT proving to be the panacea some want it to be, while ADULT STEM CELL research IS showing usefulness and promise.
Why keep chasing an apparent dead end when another avenue appears to be successful, AND LESS CONTROVERSIAL?

SmokinLowriderSS
10-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Dr Mary Davenport begins paragraph three in her article by stating:
"Mr. Fox and his ads’ sponsors are guilty of conflating embryonic stem cell research"
Conflating???
Sorry, makes no sense
Conflate
per Miriam Webster nline Dictionary:
Main Entry: con·flate
Pronunciation: k&n-'flAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): con·flat·ed; con·flat·ing
Etymology: Latin conflatus, past participle of conflare to blow together, fuse, from com- + flare to blow -- more at BLOW
1 a : to bring together : FUSE b : CONFUSE
2 : to combine (as two readings of a text) into a composite whole

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 01:20 AM
you really dont think they want to find cures? why would they have to pay women when there are already thousands of aborted fetuses? I'm no expert on this subject nor am I a stinkin leberal dem. I just don't believe everything Rush or Hannity say. Sometimes they spin out of control.

Seadog
10-26-2006, 07:06 AM
This is getting very political. For myself, I have no animosity for abortion, and feel that it is a woman's right to decide, if she gets unbiased advice and support for any decision she makes. I do not believe that it is the government's responsibility to fund such operations, nor to impose moral judgements about them. I have memories of the old abortion mills and do think that if a person makes that decision, she should have access to the best medical care possible.
As for stem cell research, there is no real proof that embryonic stem cell research will be any better than adult stem cell research. If the stem cells are culled from donated embryonic fluids taken during a birth, great. However, it is not the federal government's responsibility to provide funding for such research. There is a finite amount of tax money available for research. The government can fund a lot of very important research without delving into the controversial areas with religeous complications.
Finally, to the subject at hand. MJF was a great character actor, but he is using his celebrity status and inherent public support for his battle with Parkinson's to support his political beliefs. It is not about the disease. He has battled for that in Congress. He is trying to influence politics by exploiting his disease. To do so, he is making sure that he is shown in the worse aspects of the stage he is at. I do not care for Rush Limbaugh, but he speaks the truth.

Schiada76
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Well well well.
So it's come out today that little MJF intentionally took too much of his medication for the propaganda video.
It makes him shake even more than too little meds.
So I guess technically Rush was wrong.
He did however apologize for his horrible actions (accusing him of not taking his meds). :p :p
liberals are scum

Jyruiz
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Well well well.
So it's come out today that little MJF intentionally took too much of his medication for the propaganda video.
It makes him shake even more than too little meds.
So I guess technically Rush was wrong.
He did however apologize for his horrible actions (accusing him of not taking his meds). :p :p
liberals are scum
Just curious of where you got this info?

Schiada76
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
From Rush, when he apologized. :p

Chromegorilla
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I hear some people comment on how stem cell research is a "bust" or not going anywhere as far as advancements...... my comment is so what.
We don't see the results we want we just quit? At least if you try there is a possibility of discovering cures. If you don't try you'll never know..... and that would be sad.
Imagine if the those who created penicillin, TB or polio vaccines said "well, we aint figured it out yet, no point to keep on tryin....." Scary thought....

10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
There is one small fact that has been lost in this discussion and that is funding. Most Republicans/conservatives are not against adult stem cell research but are against the FEDERAL and/or STATE FUNDING for said research. Most are against fetal stem cell research for moral reasons that leads to a slippery slope that once it had begun little can be done to reverse it. The idea of breeding donors [fetuses] for fetal stem cell is morally represensable. I personally don't have any problem with adult stem cell development but I do with fetal stem cell research. If private donors want to fund A.S.C.D. then more power to them but why should the taxpayer pay for any of this? One other point that can possibly be related to this controversy is the Terry Schivo[sp] case in Fla. When government is given the power of who lives and who dies it places all of our lives in government's hands and that scares the sh*t out of me. Couple that with a government sponsered health care system and we will have created a system where some mid-level bureaucrat will decide who lives and who dies based on how much treatment will cost. Government should not have the power to play God even though government is a religion to the left.

Seadog
10-26-2006, 05:11 PM
It is a typical liberal ploy to denounce conservatives as being against something, when the fact is that they are against spending tax money for a cause that offends a large portion of the nation. Or it is something that they feel is outside the purvue of federal responsibility. There are many things that our ancestors felt were not the right or the responsibility of the federal government. Liberals however, are convinced that it is the government's duty to control all aspects of society. Despite what the citizens feel is right.

Chromegorilla
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
If private donors want to fund A.S.C.D. then more power to them but why should the taxpayer pay for any of this? One other point that can possibly be related to this controversy is the Terry Schivo[sp] case in Fla. When government is given the power of who lives and who dies it places all of our lives in government's hands and that scares the sh*t out of me. .
Uhhh....it was a bunch of republicans trying to keep her alive....using tax payer $$$ passing an "emergecny" bill changing federal law to try and posture for the right....I mean "save her" (Jeb Bush and his cronies as well as GW bush and house/senate republicans)
So you say you don't want the government hands all over your life?...... just food for thought....
BTW.... I don't consider myself a republican or democrat. I think both sides have great ideas as well as some totaly focked up ones. I also feel it's stupid that you have to align with one of these 2 groups if you ever want to make any real change in this country. To me, an ideal candidate has views and ideas that are common sense and share ideas from both the left and right as long as they are GOOD ideas and their own..... not what the party says their views will be.....
I like to call myself a realist.
anyhoo... :)

SmokinLowriderSS
10-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Uhhh....it was a bunch of republicans trying to keep her alive....using tax payer $$$ passing an "emergecny" bill changing federal law to try and posture for the right....I mean "save her" (Jeb Bush and his cronies as well as GW bush and house/senate republicans)
So you say you don't want the government hands all over your life?...... just food for thought....
The way I read 058's take on the Schiavo debacle, he WAS NOT IN FAVOR of what was done, did you read it differently? From your post above, it looks like you did.
And the govt trying to keep her alive was ONLY ONE of the messes in that entire ordeal. Parts of that thing stink like the beach a week after a summertime mass-fish-kill, parts of it ON BOTH SIDES. That's fodder for another thread though(which has already been done anyhow, when it was fresh).

Schiada76
10-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Where's all the Rush and Bush haters now that you know MJF staged the POLITICAL ad???
What, are you outa hate today?

WUTWZAT
10-27-2006, 05:56 AM
I hear some people comment on how stem cell research is a "bust" or not going anywhere as far as advancements...... my comment is so what.
We don't see the results we want we just quit? At least if you try there is a possibility of discovering cures. If you don't try you'll never know..... and that would be sad.
Imagine if the those who created penicillin, TB or polio vaccines said "well, we aint figured it out yet, no point to keep on tryin....." Scary thought....
I gotta agree.....
Plus Limbaughs a tool most of the time whether he is right or wrong, still a tool.

Schiada76
10-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I gotta agree.....
Plus Limbaughs a tool most of the time whether he is right or wrong, still a tool.
So enlighten me, why exactly is he a "tool"?
MJF gets caught lying and staging a "warm and fuzzy" moment for a liberal hack and yet Rush is still a "tool" for exposing the little bitch?
Why isn't little MJF "I demand the American public pay to cure me" a "tool"?
He's a canatard, why isn't he whining in Canada for a cure? :rolleyes:

10-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I like to call myself a realist.
anyhoo... :)A "bunch of Republicans" trying to keep her alive???? First of all she was NOT on life support, she just needed to be fed and watered. It was the Fla. court that ordered her food and water to be cut off. Don't we all have a right to food and water? Second, her parents tried many times to gain custody of her so that they could care for her but the husband blocked them at every turn. Personally I think he had something to hide, like he was responsible for her condition. So I do say I don't want government's hands "all over my life"....Do you? You may like to call yourself a realist but I think you have your head in the sand..or somewhere else the sun doesn't shine.

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 09:35 AM
The court ordered her tubes removed at her husbands request. And yes the federal government did try to get them put back in by trying to change federal law to help her parents.
Here is some reading for you.... http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43406

10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
The court ordered her tubes removed at her husbands request. And yes the federal government did try to get them put back in by trying to change federal law to help her parents.
Here is some reading for you.... http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43406
Yep..read it. And what I got out of it was a "Bunch of Democrats" tried to kill her...What do you want a "bunch of Republicans" keeping you or a loved one alive or a "bunch of Democrats" killing you or a loved one? I would hate to live in a country where government is solely responsible for who lives and who dies. Does the name Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc. ring a bell?

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 11:09 AM
LOL... I guess we agree to diagree.
But it was her husband who decided to let her pass on not democrats.
The court ruled in favor of the husband, lawmakers tried changing the law to help stop her husbands decision to take her off of life support.
As far as the democrats killing her. Thats an extremely untruthfull exageration. They didn't decide to pull out her feeding tube. Her husband did. So how did they have anything to do with it?
Earlier you said... "When government is given the power of who lives and who dies it places all of our lives in government's hands and that scares the sh*t out of me."
I agree with you 100%.
But I though it's a lil ridiculous to sum it up like "would you rather have the left tryin to kill you or the right tryin to save you" in your last post.
I don't want either situation. Which is my point. It's a family matter, gov't should be left out, and it was the repubilicans which actively tried to decide the fate of her life. If the democrats did similiar, please point it out. But I fail to see how they tried to decide what happened to her as blatently as the rep's did.
Like I said.... I guess we just diagree.... and thats OK. :rollside:

Old Texan
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
LOL... I guess we agree to diagree.
But it was her husband who decided to let her pass on not democrats.
The court ruled in favor of the husband, lawmakers tried changing the law to help stop her husbands decision to take her off of life support.
As far as the democrats killing her. Thats an extremely untruthfull exageration. They didn't decide to pull out her feeding tube. Her husband did. So how did they have anything to do with it?
Earlier you said... "When government is given the power of who lives and who dies it places all of our lives in government's hands and that scares the sh*t out of me."
I agree with you 100%.
But I though it's a lil ridiculous to sum it up like "would you rather have the left tryin to kill you or the right tryin to save you" in your last post.
I don't want either situation. Which is my point. It's a family matter, gov't should be left out, and it was the repubilicans which actively tried to decide the fate of her life. If the democrats did similiar, please point it out. But I fail to see how they tried to decide what happened to her as blatently as the rep's did.
Like I said.... I guess we just diagree.... and thats OK. :rollside:
I followed the Shivo thing a bit basically because I was travelling and listening to way to much talk radio. The point that I thought important were the right for a spouse to preside as the legal guardian and do as the patner wished. The law gave the husband that right and courts reviewed this case enough for judgement to stand. It was a horrible position for the family as they truly believed Teri could recover. The autopsy proved them wrong. Her brain had atophied to vegatable status.
The family felt Mr. Shivo was wrong on many points plus they felt he had criminally led to her condition. The local law enforcement apparently didn't see evidence to this effect and thus he was never charged. Conspiracy theorists have their ammunition .
The politics of the case were way way overboard and it came to be another right to live or die episode fought by pols and activists. The family and community suffer in these instances.
Until our society and media figure out all the negative effects caused by back and forth bantering about whose right, we'll never solve anything. Junk science and hearsay heat up every discussion making intelligent decisions impossible. Only when emotions can be set aside and moraly logical choices discussed can we gain any ground. Unfortunately today's social conditions do nothing but feed the radical elements of both sides of the aisle.