Taylorman
10-25-2006, 12:04 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/vidrinek/Enclosed_Trailer2.jpg

centerhill condor
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
those old guys get the best toys!

Jetaholic
10-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Now THAT'S slick!!! Just flat out slick!
Of course a funny one would be a boat floating with an actual boat trailer still attached...lol
Jon

Dan Lorenze
10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I've always wondered why we don't see more enclosed trailers... Just think of the piece of mind you'd have with an enclosed trailer when you go to park your rig outside a hotel or house. Lock it up and forget about tweakers stealing your stuff.... Sounds good to me.

Jetmugg
10-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I saw a couple of those enclosed trailers at the StLouis boat show a couple of years ago, but have never seen one out "in public".
SteveM.

Xerophobic
10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Our Race guys use a trailer with tiny ""dolly wheels and then pull them inside an enclosed race trailer which is slick, not so sure i'd want to back a huge trailer like that in the water myself. Well actually it would be impossible most places we launch anyway
Cheers

beerjet
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Me and a buddy have been talkin about this very idea. Thats what I get for being dumb and slow.
-beerjet-

Wicked Performance Boats
10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I've thought about this many times. My thought was, if the sides flip up, it would be easier to load and unload. BUT my questions are: 1. Does the trailer have wood paneling on the inside? [would rot with time] 2. Does it have fiberglass insulation? [another sponge to hold water]. What if you miss loading it in the trailer? [whack the boat into the trailer!] Not all launch ramps are wide with no current. Let alone if you drank a coupla beers!. Just thoughts Budlight

Devilman
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Our Race guys use a trailer with tiny ""dolly wheels and then pull them inside an enclosed race trailer which is slick, not so sure i'd want to back a huge trailer like that in the water myself. Well actually it would be impossible most places we launch anyway
Cheers
See, now I was on the opposite end of this subject a little while back. I would see pics of what were obviously race boats on those trailers with the little dolly wheels and wonder, "How the f@*k do they pull those things down the road with them puny little tires?" LMAO :rollside: When I finally saw one at a race shop, then it all clicked, :messedup: DUh, DEE da DEE! :messedup: :D

eliminated1
11-16-2006, 12:44 PM
I was going to buils some of theses trailers a year ago for the fact that every dosent have a enclosed place to keep there boat.I was going to put removable sides so you could work on it.Maybe i should build one. :cool:

Mr. Crusader 83
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
me and a buddy out here in florida are going to start working on one. we were thinking of taken my trailer and just adding sides and a floor and roof to it. it rains alot out here, and i dont have a garage.

rrrr
11-16-2006, 05:20 PM
See, now I was on the opposite end of this subject a little while back. I would see pics of what were obviously race boats on those trailers with the little dolly wheels and wonder, "How the f@*k do they pull those things down the road with them puny little tires?" LMAO :rollside: When I finally saw one at a race shop, then it all clicked, :messedup: DUh, DEE da DEE! :messedup: :D
LOL....... :D :D
"Damn, them little tires must be turning some revs on the highway......."

moneysucker
11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I have high speed DOT trailer tires on my dolly trailer. I do tow it to the river on it from time to time as well. I do not tow it s fast as I do with my real road trailer but it works. I got my tires from KMT trailer supply on line.

sanger mike
11-17-2006, 08:00 AM
:crossx: THAT MUST BE A TOP SECRET BASS BOAT :crossx:

Xerophobic
11-17-2006, 08:36 AM
One of our Dolly trailers. For whatever reason I cannot find a pic of the enclosed part! Ill maybe go outside and take one but I'll warn ya there's white stuff on the ground! lol
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3722tunnel_on_dolly.JPG
They have an electric winch in the front of them and a pedestal with a ball on it to hold the dolly trailer in place during transit.
Cheers