PDA

View Full Version : Comments from Jack Weller at Lake Anna

Mrs. DrySumpJet
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Since Jack doesnt do computers he asked me to post the following.
Jack's Comments:
I have receivd many phone calls concerning the possibility of the BOTE event moving from Lake Anna to Smith Mountain Lake. I have been asked if I would be hosting an event at Lake Anna if BOTE went to Smith Mountain lake.
I have spoken to the Lake Anna bunch, Joe and Kelly Bladen (drysumpjet and mrs. drysumpjet), Phillp Wangensteen (redleader@anna), Dwane and Emmit Perry, Don and Sarah Royster, Charlie and Trish Turner, Dale and Joyce Jones (kojak) and others.
Everyone has agreed to work together to make a 2007 Lake Anna event rival that the last 6 times that BOTE came to Lake Anna. We have picked June 8th and 9th of 2007 for the date. Friday the 8th will be a picture shoot and Saturday the 9th will be the big show and feast. The feast menu will will include hamburgers and hot dogs, fish platters or sandwiches, hushpuppies, and fries. The food will be available starting at 11:00 a.m.
The big difference this year is that we have made arrangements with Lake Anna Rescue thanks to PT Spencer, Chairman of the Louisa county district planner. All the food listed above will be donated and cooked by me and other volunteers. Lake Anna Rescue will be serving the food and taking donations for the food as it as you get it. 100% of EVERY penny collected for the food at this event will go to Lake Anna Rescue. This plan will allow people to start eating from 11:00 a.m. and eat when they are ready through the afternoon. We will also be asking every one attending to bring a dish to share. There will be no donations asked or collected for this food . As always there be a place to keep the food cold and or hot as necessary.
We truly hope that BOTE members will come and enjoy this event. We have met many nice people and made good friends as a result of these gatherings.
We plan to call this event Feast of the East 2007, Lake Anna, VA, but we hope that BOTE and its memebers will join us and decide to make it an official BOTE event. If that happens the event will be called BOTE and Feast 2007.
The event would be listed in the ***boat magazine upcoming events as BOTE and Feast 2007.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who have called to thank me for my efforts at the past few events at Anna.
If you have any questions or comments, call me at 301-802-7615
Thanks,
Jack

737jetmech
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Wow! This is news to me ... I must have been in a cave for several months.
There is a rumor about Smith Mountain lake being the next BOTE event?
Bob

wideopen545
10-26-2006, 03:23 AM
man someone really got their head up their ass on this one
talking about taking over

Big Boys Toy PE857
10-26-2006, 03:32 AM
A blind man could have seen this coming from a mile away.

MarKist
10-26-2006, 03:47 AM
hold on !!! let me get a Beer........ :rollside:
Markist

shirkey4750
10-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Get me one while your up, this could take awhile.

CMZRACING
10-26-2006, 04:06 AM
i'll always be at anna, thanks jack and to the ol country kitchen fellas

MizBubba
10-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Here we go....
Buckle up, boys... this ride could get rough. :rolleyes:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-26-2006, 04:19 AM
Markist
I'll take one too, you got that fire started yet? oh yeah.. It's starting to smolder. It might turn in to a bon fire :220v:

Lady Warhawk
10-26-2006, 04:32 AM
Markist
Get me some :coffeycup while your up. I need to stay awake for this.

jets4me
10-26-2006, 04:55 AM
i think tim let everyone know that it was not going to be at anna and they where getting away from the bote so i dont see how they are taking over just trying to keep a good thing going but it is what it is i dont care where this takes place i have met some good people at these boating events. as long as there good people and cold beer and i dont care what it is called or where it is see ya

MrsMarKist
10-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Markist
Since I can't have a beer can I get some popcorn? :)
G~

sleekcraft76
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
nothing wrong with wanting to go somewere different thats for sure their is a lot of water out their to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wideopen545
10-26-2006, 08:32 AM
i think tim let everyone know that it was not going to be at anna and they where getting away from the bote so i dont see how they are taking over just trying to keep a good thing going but it is what it is i dont care where this takes place i have met some good people at these boating events. as long as there good people and cold beer and i dont care what it is called or where it is see ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by jets4me
have fun i am going to anna and i hope it will be at jacks again and i am sure alot of people will agree
mike we the [bote] group have talked about this over the years, we may have out grown lake anna and need to look for a bigger lake to hold our event at and if this means moving the event to a bigger lake with more rooms we the [bote] group may have to do that
when this all started we had around 40 boats and we have grown to over 140 boats in four years, with ***boats help we will have 200 boats next year were will everone stay we only have 40 rooms plus camping
just trying to bring light to the whole picture
this will all be talked about at a later date

Wet Dream
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
I hope none of this is set in stone.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
nothing wrong with wanting to go somewere different thats for sure their is a lot of water out their to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Sleekcraft76 (not just because he's my hubby) and Tim, I think it would be great to see other lakes (or even other parts of Lake Anna). Lake Anna just has no room for us. No offense to anybody, but Lake Anna was fun but not as fun as the other years. We go and sit at Jack's and stay. I know that we have a boat and we go somewhere else and sit, but the other years we (the whole group) went to different spots and talked and had a great time. People are going to do what they want to do.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Where is Nitro, he will straighten this whole thing out?

nitro557
10-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Where is Nitro, he will straighten this whole thing out?
:yuk: hes just watching from the side lines :)

drejustice
10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.home-arcade-games.com/images/s%20Popcorn%20Machine%20Poppers.jpg

miketsouth
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
i think tim let everyone know that it was not going to be at anna and they where getting away from the bote
I think Tim suggested that it was getting very big for anna accomodations, and offered solution. IMHO Bote is an event, not a club.
i dont see how they are taking over just trying to keep a good thing going but it is what it is
affirmative, confound
i have met some good people at these boating events. as long as there good people and cold beer and i dont care what it is called or where it is see ya
you might not be able to beat the mouse or pull the mopar (well maybe you can pull the mopar), but you got this one spot on my excellent fellow. It seems i had no life before i met these people...the general quality in the diversity i had not realised....many have become very dear to me....some legends, some competitive enemies YOU HEAR THAT FAKETHIS!
all i have met show me my failings in some way...they humble me with their expression of wisdom, camaraderie and abilities. I have been jaw-dropping awed, many times. I have been treated like royalty every time by all i have met.
I will be at Jacks, if he will have me.

HammerDown
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
man someone really got their head up their ass on this one talking about taking over
Just one...eh ?
:)

Boss Lady
10-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Well okay, the time i went to Anna i had an amazing time but yes with the group growing at the rate it has been(and will continue) maybe jack's is a bit too small. And as Sleekcraft said there are many lakes with water we haven't seen (or terrorized) hehe... but unfortunatly if the date of the event happens to fall on the one mentioned above (June 8-9) mom and i will not be able to attend.... i graduate that sat. so in the words of Markist>>> You'll Have That!!

kingcole80
10-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I have heard alot about this event and all was only good things, Jack sounds like a great guy , we will be attending in 2007 for sure, coming from ft lauderdale, absolutly worth the trip! :cool:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Well okay, the time i went to Anna i had an amazing time but yes with the group growing at the rate it has been(and will continue) maybe jack's is a bit too small. And as Sleekcraft said there are many lakes with water we haven't seen (or terrorized) hehe... but unfortunatly if the date of the event happens to fall on the one mentioned above (June 8-9) mom and i will not be able to attend.... i graduate that sat. so in the words of Markist>>> You'll Have That!!
Well, with that said. We'll just have to have you a graduation party at Lake James!!!!! :rollside:

promod
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
the sh&t is getting deep might need my waidders how ever you spell it lol

Jspeeddemon
10-26-2006, 06:29 PM
It seems like the solution is to have more than one event and the people that want to go to one or the other, or both, can choose as they like. I don't see a reason for a power struggle over beer, food, and good friends. There certainly is too much politics in the world, now it's going to invade our boating. I have been to just one Lake Anna event and I would like to congratulate the people who helped put that on, it was awesome. As well as the fact the Anna folks being awesome people, they sure know how to have friends over for lunch. If there can be a second event on a different weekend, count me in. I'm all for seeing new scenery, so many lakes and just so little time. I will add that I go to the poker run, in May each year, at Smith Mountain Lake, and the Smith Mountain Lake Boating Association is dead serious about trying to get noise laws enacted down there. I am not sure how well they are going to like 200 noisy boats, drag racing across their lake. Someone better check that out, before that one is etched in stone. A couple of jets and v-drives scooting across the lake,they may not pay attention to, 200 or even 50 is going to get some major attention. Rooms are plentiful at Smith in the forms of condos, but I don't recall a lot of hotels surrounding the lake. We always stay at Bernard's Landing, which has 200 condos. The rooms are kind of expensive compared to a motel, I think around $200 per night for a two bedroom condo.

wideopen545
10-26-2006, 07:13 PM
i guess there will be plenty of rooms to rent at lake anna this year
:idea: :idea:
on lighter note the SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP will be planning their 2007 event and boating season in a couple of weeks
if anyone has any dates or places to add, to the calander please let us know
by post or email
my number is 540.871.4833 :cool:
THANKS TIM

Wet Dream
10-26-2006, 08:13 PM
on another note the SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP will be planning their 2007 event and boating season in a couple of weeks
by post or email
THANKS TIM
Your negativity and drive to divide the performance boaters amazes me. Jack was wrong for jumping the gun without consideration from anyone else, but this is the best you can come up with?

wideopen545
10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
how about
i want to thank everyone for five years of fun and good times
but due to bills devotion to jack and this event i will remove myself from the bote group and put my time into SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP to help out in anyway i can just as before, you win bill, your the man in charge, you make all the decisions on your own, and then bring them to light no matter what anyone or anybody thinks,and alot of other people think this also !!
have fun brother
i will no longer post on this matter, iam done tryin to help, your true colors will shine in the end
i just hope everyone is still their to see them
TIM

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-27-2006, 05:28 AM
on lighter note the SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP will be planning their 2007 event and boating season in a couple of weeks
by post or email
THANKS TIM
SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP (Ideas for now)
Smith Mountain Lake - Sometime in 2007
Shirkey's River (with plenty of beer)
Jordan Lake
Mark and Gina's Lake ( sorry forgot the name, shame on me)
Lake James (Graduation Party for Boss Lady :D June 2007

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Your negativity and drive to divide the performance boaters amazes me. Jack was wrong for jumping the gun without consideration from anyone else, but this is the best you can come up with?
He's not trying to divide the boaters. We just want to have some events more south, instead of always up north. Some of us southerner's can handle the snow and the drive to come to any Frosty Ball. Everybody is more then welcome and encouraged to attend the events down here if they want. But, we just want to go see (and run) more lakes. There's sooo many out there. I can't wait for 2007.

MarKist
10-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Jamie ..your just a sweetheart, :)
Markist

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Markist
Ah gee Mark.... shhh, I don't want everyone to find out.. (but you can get on telling me that though :rollside: )

MizBubba
10-27-2006, 06:53 AM
There's always Lake Norman. We got a good look at it on our way to Lake James! :D

MrsMarKist
10-27-2006, 07:01 AM
He's not trying to divide the boaters. We just want to have some events more south, instead of always up north. Some of us southerner's can handle the snow and the drive to come to any Frosty Ball. Everybody is more then welcome and encouraged to attend the events down here if they want. But, we just want to go see (and run) more lakes. There's sooo many out there. I can't wait for 2007.
And even more than that.....how many people from up north make the Southern Events??? I know of a hand full that have come to a Lake James event in the last 3 years....you know who you are and we enjoyed having you!! :rollside:
I don't think that anyone is trying to divide and conquer. We the Southern Boat Group wanted to have our own events as Jamie said above...everyone is welcome to attend if they would like!!!
I think that being organized is the key factor hereĀ….if the BOTE group would have been more organized these issues with Jack would not be happening!!
Just my 02
G~

MizBubba
10-27-2006, 07:03 AM
I agree with Jamie. Personally, I have a great deal of affection for MANY of the boaters I've met, regardless of their 'affiliation'. I resent the implication that we might be "splitting up" or are trying to alienate anyone. Just because we want to have more events 'down here', and have a little more input over the decisions that are made, doesn't mean that we are excluding ANYONE. To suggest that we are is insulting, but of course, I'm speaking for myself, and no one else.

jets4me
10-27-2006, 10:07 AM
i know i try to go to alot of them i dont go for the event i go for the people as i will keep doing i dont care where it is if i got the money i will be there after all the great partying we all do together i wont let this littil thing get in the way at shirkeys man i got to hang with some good people and i tell you i will go back if they will have me and the same as james that place is to die for and the people you wont meet any better then you will meet at these get together even the golfers at the bar that night wanted to be in are partying because we do it up right. i just want to say anna is my home town lake so i am going to be all for it but i am up for new spots to but the summer is long like jspeed says lets have few more ok the end as the impeller turns l

Boss Lady
10-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Markist
I most deffinatly second that! :rollside:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I most deffinatly second that! :rollside:
Dang people, your making me blush :p . You just start picking out what you want at your graduation party (Lake James) and we'll try and have it there.
P.S. Your the role model of sweetheart.

Lady Warhawk
10-28-2006, 04:40 AM
by post or email
THANKS TIM
I'm sure any, and all boating season planned will be a blast. BUT, what about a get together before then. Like a Winter Fest? Just a thought. What do ya'll think?

HammerDown
10-28-2006, 05:42 AM
... what about a get together before then... What do ya'll think?
...kinky :rollside:

Lady Warhawk
10-28-2006, 06:34 AM
...kinky :rollside:
Hunee, only kinky if YOU are there :D

limejet
10-28-2006, 06:46 AM
We also had the best time with you all at Jack's in lake anna..Met great people and looking forward to seeing you all again.. :rollside:

Wet Dream
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
This thread sure has managed to get alot of attention and stir things up. Try to read this with an open mind. You can look at it any way you choose, but if we all sit here and bitch, nothing gets accomplished. These are merely my opinions and hopefully everyone can come to an agreement or some sort of understanding.
I have spoken to the Lake Anna bunch, Joe and Kelly Bladen (drysumpjet and mrs. drysumpjet), Phillp Wangensteen (redleader@anna), Dwane and Emmit Perry, Don and Sarah Royster, Charlie and Trish Turner, Dale and Joyce Jones (kojak) and others.
Everyone has agreed to work together to make a 2007 Lake Anna event rival that the last 6 times that BOTE came to Lake Anna. We have picked June 8th and 9th of 2007 for the date. Friday the 8th will be a picture shoot and Saturday the 9th will be the big show and feast.
Kelly is only the messenger in this post. She didn't write it, Jack did. The worst part of this, is that the boaters didn't have any knowledge about planning, and wasn't given the chance to give any input to something that BOTE started. Ideas and plans came together at the Frosty Ball during the winter. The other thing, is the date was not released on the boards until January 1st since the Lighthouse did not accept reservations until then and wanted everyone to be able to reserve rooms at the same time. As for the feast, someone mentioned that quite a few people didn't bring dishes, but sure enjoyed themselves when it came time to eat. The idea was kicked around to have the whole thing catered and you would pay as you go. Nobody would have to cook, bring a dish or worry about anything...just eat. On the flip side, this is almost what Jack is trying to accomplish. Pay as you go, but still required to bring a dish, and the county rescue is serving us. The date. Believe it or not, thats the usual weekend that BOTE Anna would happen. We would have Memorial Day weekend, one weekend off, and then Anna.
The big difference this year is that we have made arrangements with Lake Anna Rescue thanks to PT Spencer, Chairman of the Louisa county district planner. All the food listed above will be donated and cooked by me and other volunteers. Lake Anna Rescue will be serving the food and taking donations for the food as it as you get it. 100% of EVERY penny collected for the food at this event will go to Lake Anna Rescue.
Jack is donating the food. That is a huge commitment. So...what happens if it rains? I don't know. The donations collected go to the community. We go to the lake, fill up hotels, buy the gas, food and go to the stores. We dump alot of money there in one weekend. Our donation of $200 went to CMN, and I'm sure they have no real idea who we are, nor do they really care. By having the local agencies there, we gain exposure, and hopefully some sort of acceptance. There are a few people that hate to see so many of us on the lake at one time making noise, and what could be better than having the local agencies on our side? Personally, I would rather have it that way than trying to keep us off the lake.
This is so true. I have no problem trying different areas. What makes Anna nice is that when you have 100 high performance boats in one area, we don't get harassed. We don't have noise restrictions or speed limits. How many other lakes are going to tolerate that? Jspeed made a post on here about the noise on Smith. Last year or so, here in Hot Spots East, someone was saying that the SC lakes don't like this stuff at all and got a fine. Maybe it was for no muflers?
I agree with Sleekcraft76 (not just because he's my hubby) and Tim, I think it would be great to see other lakes (or even other parts of Lake Anna). Lake Anna just has no room for us. No offense to anybody, but Lake Anna was fun but not as fun as the other years. We go and sit at Jack's and stay. I know that we have a boat and we go somewhere else and sit, but the other years we (the whole group) went to different spots and talked and had a great time. People are going to do what they want to do.
In previous years, there was always a thread about IDEAS for Anna. Some people posted up things, but most of the people didn't say shit. When we tried to hold competitions (roostertail) it became almost impossible to get more than 3 people to try it. The poker run was fun, but heard a lot of bitcing about how rough it got out there. Afternoon cruises? Never got off the ground because people rushed off the lake for showers, or parking spots or whatever. So there would be 5 boats on the cruise. There is nothing that requires you stay or even go to Jacks. Nobody takes the keys from the boat owners. Grab a couple of other boaters and go cruising, skiiing, tubing. Some idea needs to be sparked, because it can get rather boring just hanging out. We go there as a boating group, and not much boating is done. Go figure.
Quote:
mike we the [bote] group have talked about this over the years, we may have out grown lake anna and need to look for a bigger lake to hold our event at and if this means moving the event to a bigger lake with more rooms we the [bote] group may have to do that
when this all started we had around 40 boats and we have grown to over 140 boats in four years, with ***boats help we will have 200 boats next year were will everone stay we only have 40 rooms plus camping
just trying to bring light to the whole picture
this will all be talked about at a later date
You are correct. While we haven't outgrown the lake itself, we've outgrown the hotels available on the lake. Since that has been evident, thats the reason we started talking about staying in Fredericksburg. There are plenty of hotels to choose from that can accomodate all of us in one facility and still carry out the evening party. That and the variety of restaurants in the area is unbelieveble.
how about
i want to thank everyone for five years of fun and good times
but due to bills devotion to jack and this event i will remove myself from the bote group and put my time into SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP to help out in anyway i can just as before, you win bill, your the man in charge, you make all the decisions on your own, and then bring them to light no matter what anyone or anybody thinks,and alot of other people think this also !!
have fun brother
i will no longer post on this matter, iam done tryin to help, your true colors will shine in the end
i just hope everyone is still their to see them
TIM
Why give up now, after 5 years? My devotion to Jack? Come on. The guy has offered up his property, tools, money and help and so therefore; yes I am grateful and I admit it. I've heard alot of feedback from boaters that like going there versus standing in the water all day. We can still go to other areas during the day and boat. I don't know what I've won. I'm not in any competition. Please give me some examples of ideas that I have done on my own? My true colors? Care to elaborate on that?
Markist asked to bring the Frosty Ball closer to the south. No problem. Some locations that were suggested included Fredericksbug and Richmond. I am all for trying out different lakes. When this whole thing started, we were going to Anna, and then Havre. Havre was put on the back burner due to the fact that not many of the southern boaters were making the trip. So in order to keep everyone involved, Anna was chosen as the location for the August BOTE. Why can't we do Anna in June, and then another southern lake in August? I personally would love to see Norman. Everytime I go by there, I'm in awe at how nice it is. Lake James would be fine too. I just don't go in October due to a 10 hour drive in the late season. I am curious though if we did James during peak season, would there be any problems with Boat LE? Obviously, you guys have the experience with the southern lakes.
So, that for the most part is my take on this thread.

fakethis
10-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Keep it at ANNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not 2 many people like Jack out there . He is one of the nicest people i have ever met.Give 'em Hell Wet ! You want 2 buy a Tunnel................ :cool:
Mouse Boy there is still time for u 2 take a ass woopinnnnnnnnnnn :crossx:

MizBubba
10-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes, threads were posted for ideas for get-togethers, but none of the suggestions were taken, and we ended up doing the same thing as before. Many of us had asked for events to be held somewhere besides Anna, but that was never considered. The only 'official' planning meetings that were ever held were during the Frosty Ball, when attendance was limited by weather.
I myself feel like the size of the event at Anna has robbed us of the camraderie we have enjoyed in previous years. Although it's neat to see all the boats there, you don't get to truly VISIT with anyone until you get back to the hotel. I am not ungrateful to Jack for his hospitality, I just feel like it's no longer a BOTE event, but a "Jack Event" (especially since the "BOTE" members he consulted are not even part of the 'founding' group.).
These get-togethers should be about the boats, and the people. Not about popularity, politics, etc. I'm just as happy with a cooler full of sandwiches and drinks, as a huge spread of gargantu-food. Somewhere, the efforts seem to have been diverted into impression, rather than where they belong. I am not after impressing anyone with the size or importance of the event... I just want to see my friends, and drive my boat.

Jspeeddemon
10-28-2006, 03:32 PM
It's good to get the thoughts in the open and I see this thread drifting toward options for other similar events to lake, not in place of Anna. I'll bet if you poll everyone that is involved, you will find that it all comes down to people, fun and excitement, and boats. The more places that happens the more people will get together. Brainstorm some good ideas and get togethers and put it up for a vote, majority wins, and go from there.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-28-2006, 05:34 PM
This is so true. I have no problem trying different areas. What makes Anna nice is that when you have 100 high performance boats in one area, we don't get harassed. We don't have noise restrictions or speed limits. How many other lakes are going to tolerate that? Jspeed made a post on here about the noise on Smith. Last year or so, here in Hot Spots East, someone was saying that the SC lakes don't like this stuff at all and got a fine. Maybe it was for no muflers?
North Carolina does not have any regulatios on noise and speed on their lakes.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Keep it at ANNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not 2 many people like Jack out there . He is one of the nicest people i have ever met.Give 'em Hell Wet ! You want 2 buy a Tunnel................ :cool:
Mouse Boy there is still time for u 2 take a ass woopinnnnnnnnnnn :crossx:
I think everyone like's Jack, They would be stupid if they didn't, how could you not. We (my opinion) just don't want to wear out his welcome and I feel like each year it get's thinner. Especially after all the things that happened (oil change, theft, no respect for his property), etc. Plus, I would just like to have something different to do. This past year we took off and went to Cojax's (awesome ride) and had a blast (Thank you Cojax)!!

HammerDown
10-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I myself feel like the size of the event at Anna has robbed us of the camraderie we have enjoyed in previous years. Although it's neat to see all the boats there, you don't get to truly VISIT with anyone until you get back to the hotel. I am not ungrateful to Jack for his hospitality, I just feel like it's no longer a BOTE event, but a "Jack Event" (especially since the "BOTE" members he consulted are not even part of the 'founding' group.).
Bravo Miz Bubba... ;)

jets4me
10-28-2006, 10:53 PM
who gives a shit i see ya at da party where ever it may be

MarKist
10-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Well here's my take on it since everybody is expressing there opinion.
First... were are the founding fathers that had the "Big Meeting" in Bill's room last year? It was my impression that they made the decisions for the BOTE. Jack was not in that room...hell he didn't even come to the raffle which raises money for the BOTE. Jack also sold T-shirts with the BOTE name and now this year he is changing the name of the whole event??? Why are all the Lake Anna locals making the decisions on our event with no input from the group or the founding fathers? If Jack was putting on his own event why make it the same weekend that the BOTE always has there big event?What would have happened if we had decided to move this years event to Smith Mtn or Lake James that would make the attendance smaller at each event.
That tells me it's not a BOTE event anymore it's a Lake Anna local event, Boat Show, car show, helicopter show, motorcycle?? What the deal with that??
Don't take me wrong Jack is a very nice person and has been very hospitalizable toward the BOTE.
Second.....The reason the Southern ***boat Group formed was to give everybody in the south the chance to express there opinion in open so everyone would have an input on events instead of waiting on the BOTE to decide at there Frosty Ball. Last year James was suppose to be on the event list for 2006 but was never brought back up so we the Southern ***boat Group hosted the event without the BOTE and will continue.
Third...Money raised from the Southern ***boat this past year at James was $1540.00 in just one weekend and was given to Smoothies family and that's what were all about..Helping and sharing..now on the other hand the BOTE has done nothing with the money we raised at the 05 or 06 event..So what happens to that Money?? why raise money ?? The money that the Southern ***boat raises will be made a group decision! I did not bring this up for a shouting match...I just want everybody to see the whole picture here..this is not to be towards one person. and I don't want people to say "well you buy the shirts out of that money,that's not true, Wideopen has bought the shirts and had them printed with his own money and waited to sell them to get his money back at the event...with the exception of 06 witch the dision was made to have someone that ain't even in the picture now to do the shirts(what happen to the that guy?!)so you see how the decision making go's lol..
Last but not least, ACCOMADATIONS...I will not be going to lake Anna this year ,because our baby is due that week , but if I was ,I will never stay at the Block again,after the Lake James event I'm spoiled .so you ANNA LOCALS that's putting this one on, better think about where are all these people staying or was that not a consideration? or are you on your own, or is it just the locals..LOL.........well looks like ya'll got it covered...........................LOL
Markist

jets4me
10-29-2006, 05:40 AM
3 boats or 200 hundred the pomonkey gang has a good time no matter what all we need is a grill and cooler full of beer and its a party we are not hard to please peace out

MarKist
10-29-2006, 05:46 AM
yeah we know Mike but If you drove all the way here with a cooler and a grill
with 3 boats how fun would that be???were not just talking about 3 boats come on be open minded ....
Markist

kojac
10-29-2006, 05:52 AM
I'm kinda flabergasted!
Where did all this negativeity come from?
When we first heard of the group of jet boaters coming to lake Anna in 2001 we were excited to be able to meet people interested primarly in ***boats.
In following the East coast forums that announced your arrival it was ascertained that one of the main reasons for coming to lake anna was it's central location for most of the boaters.
I remember coming to the Anna point marina on Friday and meeting some of the group and couldn't wait to join you out on the lake during that first weekend.
Most of us congregated in pigeon creek an stood on the shore line up to our waist in water and walked around and looked at and admired each others boats and generally exchanged beer and conversation. Good Stuff. But limited.
Jack offered his place so that boaters could have a protected beach area to dock their boats be able to sit and to use bathroom facilities. Some of the people took him up on his hospitality.
In the following years more and more people started to come to Jack's to meet and relax because it afforded a more comfortable atmosphere and was out of the way of the larger boat wakes. Bote has met there ever since.
Jack has worked hard to make the bote event feel like a big family reunion and to accomadate as many people as possible.
For two month's prior to last year's event when I would go to his place I would find him out in the yard busy working and stressing to get things organized to make this a nice event.
A few instances, Obtaining the large tent to insure shade, Music, organizing food and people to cook and supply the food, Drinks. plates and cups and utensils, trash removal,Porta potties, tie up stakes and rope to keep the boats from drifting. pulling in sand for people to lay on. The list goes on and on.
Additionally he contacted Hot Boat Magazine to find out if they would be interested in coming out and noting and photographing the event in their magazine. In doing so he gave the Bote members the opportunity to proudly show their rides to ***boat readers in the upcoming magazine articles throughout the year and makeing BOTE a national recognized group.
Needless to say that all of this cost a few thousand dollars out of his pocket.
Prior to this initial posting Jack had been contacting hotels and motels in the Fredericksburg area to help illeviate the sleeping confinments that presently hinder the lake anna area for the scheduled upcoming event. He is trying to negotiate for a better group rate and determine the best routes to the lake.
On another note the advisory board in Spotsylvania and Lake anna civic association made derogatory comments on the jetboaters that came to the lake in association with noise and speed.
Jack, Dave, and I went to the advisory board meeting and during the conversation Jack said and I quote. "This board should come to the event and meet these boaters have good time with them. They are without a doubt the friendliest, nicest, and well mannered group of people I have ever had the good fortune to meet.
I have known Jack for twenty years. In that time I have seen him give of himself to others like nobody else. He only has the good of Bote people at heart and doesn't ask for anything back except come and enjoy yourself if you can. If you can't, or just want to go somewhere else when we all get together. Fine, It's not for everybody. But everybody is welcome.
I don't need to reiterate everything Wet Dream said. He covered it pretty well. Thanks for bringing it to the forefront.
Finally if any of you know somebody like Jack let me know I want to meet them and cultivate another friendship. Then I will know at least two.
Kojac

MarKist
10-29-2006, 06:12 AM
well Dale ,what if the BOTE never came to Lake Anna do you think that the event would be what it is today????
Markist

miketsouth
10-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Finally if any of you know somebody like Jack let me know I want to meet them and cultivate another friendship. Then I will know at least two.
Kojac
Get a yardstick, put it at 90deg to your belt buckle. Stand near a mirror that is located perpendicular to the horizon, and on the silvered side make the yardstick 90deg to the mirror. Hold your gaze parallel to the ground. Focus at 72"
You will find another one that is, IMO, very close.

MarKist
10-29-2006, 06:24 AM
all I can say is that its a shame that Jack couldn't call some people in the BOTE to discuss matter, and thats ALL I'm gonna say about it period....OUT
Markist

General Lee II
10-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Here's the thing. We've known Jack for over 10 years and he has been having parties on the lake for longer than that. We met him through being invited to one of these parties by Dry Sump. There has always been lots of boats, racing, camaraderie and fun. The only difference is, in the old days he did snail mail invitations and phone calls. Now Jack has the ability (thru others, he is not internet savvy) to post his intentions on the internet. His mistake I guess, is that he didn't contact BOTE to get approval to go ahead with his plans. He thought, as many of us do, that this is a public forum for eastern geographical area to announce plans for get-togethers.
We have had a great time with BOTE, met some amazing people and to see the negativity posted here about Jack (taking over) is pretty disheartening after the great time we had together last summer at his place. I'd say come if you want, and don't if you don't want. But you better get your boats ready - Charlie's is in Arkansas right now getting some (top secret) fiberglass work done and he will be looking for you in 2007....

redleader@Anna
10-29-2006, 12:09 PM
AHH General Lee,
So you think you got some top secret stuff going on with your boat... well let me tell you a thing or two...if you haven't noticed I've been absent from the boards for quite some time now...busy in the laboratory...working on a few little secrets myself...a phone call the other day is the only thing that has brought me out of deep hiding,and secrecy in the laboratory...but I'll give you a little warning now... you better have your game face on come June no matter where the next event takes place ...we'll have a little something for you see you there if you dare!!! :crossx: :yuk: :crossx: :mad: :argue:

kojac
10-29-2006, 12:28 PM
well Dale ,what if the BOTE never came to Lake Anna do you think that the event would be what it is today????
Markist
Of course not. but eventually it would have been pretty close. Jack was already holding several parties in the summer and at Christmas and hot boaters were already starting to come in droves. One thing is that good people generally find out where the other good people that have the same things in common hang out. This creates some spark and they tend to want to enjoy each others company.
I think that Bote coming to lake was a wonderful boon. Everybody here feels the same way. Otherwise it wouldn't have excelerated the happening. Good people will still come and enjoy themselves. They will also go to other lakes to party and be together. In the past I haven't been able to take advantage of these other gatherings and looked on with envy. But in the future I know I will.
Listen I love jetboats flatbottoms and hydros,outboards and just about any kind of racing upto and including canoes.. I enjoy being around the people that have the same interest. This is a wonderful time to take advantage of these common interest and share information and good times.
I just don't understand all the commotion. The guy just invited everybody to a party. If someone has better things to do, Fine. they don't have to come. But there is no need to flame him. That's just ...... well for once I can't find the right words.
Miketsouth. Right backatcha bud..Thanks for the good words.
Kojac

Wet Dream
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Well here's my take on it since everybody is expressing there opinion.
First... were are the founding fathers that had the "Big Meeting" in Bill's room last year? It was my impression that they made the decisions for the BOTE. Jack was not in that room...hell he didn't even come to the raffle which raises money for the BOTE. Jack also sold T-shirts with the BOTE name and now this year he is changing the name of the whole event??? Why are all the Lake Anna locals making the decisions on our event with no input from the group or the founding fathers? If Jack was putting on his own event why make it the same weekend that the BOTE always has there big event?What would have happened if we had decided to move this years event to Smith Mtn or Lake James that would make the attendance smaller at each event.
That tells me it's not a BOTE event anymore it's a Lake Anna local event, Boat Show, car show, helicopter show, motorcycle?? What the deal with that??
Don't take me wrong Jack is a very nice person and has been very hospitalizable toward the BOTE.
Second.....The reason the Southern ***boat Group formed was to give everybody in the south the chance to express there opinion in open so everyone would have an input on events instead of waiting on the BOTE to decide at there Frosty Ball. Last year James was suppose to be on the event list for 2006 but was never brought back up so we the Southern ***boat Group hosted the event without the BOTE and will continue.
Third...Money raised from the Southern ***boat this past year at James was $1540.00 in just one weekend and was given to Smoothies family and that's what were all about..Helping and sharing..now on the other hand the BOTE has done nothing with the money we raised at the 05 or 06 event..So what happens to that Money?? why raise money ?? The money that the Southern ***boat raises will be made a group decision! I did not bring this up for a shouting match...I just want everybody to see the whole picture here..this is not to be towards one person. and I don't want people to say "well you buy the shirts out of that money,that's not true, Wideopen has bought the shirts and had them printed with his own money and waited to sell them to get his money back at the event...with the exception of 06 witch the dision was made to have someone that ain't even in the picture now to do the shirts(what happen to the that guy?!)so you see how the decision making go's lol..
Last but not least, ACCOMADATIONS...I will not be going to lake Anna this year ,because our baby is due that week , but if I was ,I will never stay at the Block again,after the Lake James event I'm spoiled .so you ANNA LOCALS that's putting this one on, better think about where are all these people staying or was that not a consideration? or are you on your own, or is it just the locals..LOL.........well looks like ya'll got it covered...........................LOL
Markist
Say what??? You're kidding, right?
"First". I pretty much agree with you said here.
"Second"
Is nobody paying attention? If somebody were, you would know that the date for the Anna is set before the first of the year. Thats the only thing that is "planned" in private. It is then placed on the boards on JANUARY 1st, so that everybody gets the info at the same time and makes reservations. The Frosty is merely a winter party IN FEBRUARY and EVERYONE is invited. There are also threads that specifically ask if anyone has any ideas of what to do for Anna. Nobody says shit!!! With todays technology, emails, forums like this and phone calls are a pretty easy way to communicate. Use it. If someone chooses not to help or idealize, how can they possibly have the right to bitch about it later? The SHBG wasn't possibly waiting for the BOTE. As of June Anna, you guys didn't even have a date set. The only thing I remember seeing was "we're moving it up from last year". Ok good. August Anna wasn't set either. Then you guys came up with a date. Then the August Anna was planned AROUND your date. At what point did anyone suggest that instead of Anna in August, what about James??? Anybody?????
"Third"
Again, here we go. Nobody has ever come up with an idea of what to do with the money. The original idea was to do something for the BOTE, whether it be a catered party, or anything, but nobody has come up with anything. There have been a few threads about it too. How many ideas have been posted about it? I'm sure there are plenty of people that had ideas in their head, but didn't have the gumption to type it out, or hit a few buttons for a phone call. Sorry, not my problem. BOTE and Anna is what you make of it. So the money sits there, and yes, it is to avoid out of pocket expenses. If it gets rained out and the shirts don't sell, who takes the hit? I'm glad that you guys came through for Smoothies family. That was very nice. Remember Skeebo?
"Last"
Honestly, I can't stand the cell block either, but its close and that was the first thing available after we lost the other hotel. We have definately outgrown the local hotels. More and more, I'm willing to make the drive to Fredericksburg for the better hotels and eateries. Maybe then people will stop bitching about one roll of toilet paper. Again, congrats about the news of your new addition.
So there is yet another post about this whole thing. How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???

HammerDown
10-29-2006, 01:25 PM
How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???
Nahhh, you don't want a in depth response about this situation from me at this time...trust me. :220v:
But real quick I'll say, both Mark and MissBubba touched on the direction where I would be coming from...100%.

Wet Dream
10-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Nahhh, you don't want a in depth response about this situation from me at this time...trust me. :220v:
But real quick I'll say, both Mark and MissBubba touched on the direction where I would be coming from...100%.
CASE IN POINT!!! There is a prime example of having the opportunity to voice your opinion and yet...nothing.
Jamie did touch on something, so did Tim and a few other people about Anna. It has become so big that its not personal anymore, and I TOTALLY AGREE! Which is why everyone wanted to take the direction of Anna to a nice low key direction like it used to be. The 5th anniversary Hot Boat thing was fun, but it was a circus. When that was over, it was time to detune the whole thing and get back to the basics. Not rival the last 6 events, which is why its important to include everyone involved.
As for the "ideas". Give some examples of ideas that were posted and shot down. Please do it. I love the thought of someone saying "Here's an idea" now make it work. Instead of "Here's and idea and this is what I think should be done and I'll take care of the details".

Wet Dream
10-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Here is one last question for everybody.
How did I singlehandedly become the bad guy in all of this? What is it that I have done that has me feeling like I have to defend everything for the last 5 years? It was a simple idea for all of us at the time. Get a central location for all to enjoy boating, make it a fun experience. That was it. Well, it got big, it got fun, it got bigger, reached a climax, and imploded.

General Lee II
10-29-2006, 03:14 PM
AHH General Lee,
So you think you got some top secret stuff going on with your boat... well let me tell you a thing or two...if you haven't noticed I've been absent from the boards for quite some time now...busy in the laboratory...working on a few little secrets myself...a phone call the other day is the only thing that has brought me out of deep hiding,and secrecy in the laboratory...but I'll give you a little warning now... you better have your game face on come June no matter where the next event takes place ...we'll have a little something for you see you there if you dare!!! :crossx: :yuk: :crossx: :mad: :argue:
We've sent spies over to your labratory, doesn't look like much going on yet. But let me tell you, my real name is General Lee "540"!!!
p.s., tell the missus we have some rocks set aside for her to come pick up.

MizBubba
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Here is one last question for everybody.
How did I singlehandedly become the bad guy in all of this? What is it that I have done that has me feeling like I have to defend everything for the last 5 years? It was a simple idea for all of us at the time. Get a central location for all to enjoy boating, make it a fun experience. That was it. Well, it got big, it got fun, it got bigger, reached a climax, and imploded.
I don't see you as a 'bad guy'.
I also don't see Jack. or Kojac, or anyone else as a 'bad guy'.
What I see is a group of people who want to get back to BASICS. That includes driving the boat, having some drinks, talking trash, having some drinks, wrench a liitle, have some drinks...and then repeat it daily until we have to go home. No theatrics, no dog and pony shows, no drama.
Kojac - I want you to understand that this is not directed at Jack...AT ALL.
This bruhaha has, IMO, been brewing for a while, and this thread seems to have popped the valve. In no way do I want our group to seem ungrateful. We are not. Quite the contrary.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I don't see you as a 'bad guy'.
I also don't see Jack. or Kojac, or anyone else as a 'bad guy'.
What I see is a group of people who want to get back to BASICS. That includes driving the boat, having some drinks, talking trash, having some drinks, wrench a liitle, have some drinks...and then repeat it daily until we have to go home. No theatrics, no dog and pony shows, no drama.
Kojac - I want you to understand that this is not directed at Jack...AT ALL.
This bruhaha has, IMO, been brewing for a while, and this thread seems to have popped the valve. In no way do I want our group to seem ungrateful. We are not. Quite the contrary.
I agree with MizBubba totally. We like Jack very much, as I said in my other post, you will never meet a nicer person to do all that for other people. My feeling again is that I don't want to wear out the welcome. Too many people=problems or damage to property (which as already some what happened).
Bill. I don't know how you got pointed. I was always told that you set everything up with a couple of people's help (Tim, Rat and Hammer). But your the main person that we see as putting everything together and putting everything on the forum. But when you said that nobody put any idea's out there for Anna, I'm sorry but your wrong. I posted a thread about getting a naughty party for Anna, but nobody seemed interested so we didn't do it. I feel bad for ya that your getting shit on.

Lady Warhawk
10-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I've held off making a post on this subject. I think the more you stir chit, the more it stinks. Here is my 2 cents for what it's worth.
First of all for the BOTE is a great bunch of folks. I understand it started out with less folks, and took off like a rocket to the size we are now. We have made some wonderful friends through this group that will last a life time. I also know that within the group there are "clicks" so to speak. I kind of spread my wings a little bit at James, and had some great conversations with some folks I've seen many times, but never really talked to. Bigboystoy being one. He's shy, and that's fine :) .
I guess what I'm trying to say, is with a group this large, it's hard to make everyone happy all the time. I think that's why the group is going in different directions now. It's not the end of the world. Folks will go where they want to go, and see, and talk to whom ever they want to.
I hope I got my point across. Sometimes I say things that don't come out the way I mean them to. I don't think anything is personal on any one person.

VD CRUISER
10-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Like Dale, I'm flabergasted. Jack has gone out of his way to make this event enjoyable, and given his time, money and property so that we have a nice ,comfortable place to congregate. I must have missed something here, why are some people resenting what he has done. Certainly if anyone doesn't want to come they don't have to. I seriously doubt that there are many other places that would welcome this many performance,(loud), boats.
Barry

hot_rod
10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
So there is yet another post about this whole thing. How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???
Hmmm... How quickly we forget :)
Pax anyone? :idea:

Wet Dream
10-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Hmmm... How quickly we forget :)
Pax anyone? :idea:
Quite the contrary. No, I didn't forget about you, Bomber or DiMarco or good old BobS, but chose to leave the names out due to the recentness of the issues or lack of involvement.
When did you have in mind to boat the Pax? :D

502 JET
10-29-2006, 08:25 PM
http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/smiley/closed.gif

MizBubba
10-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Sigh. :rolleyes:
Keith, I'm sure you, like the majority of us, have felt this coming for a long time...
Jack's involvement is not the cause of the problem... it's just the catalyst.
I'm tired of this being turned around on him, because in my eyes it isn't right.
I propose that any future discussion about 'BOTE' disagreements be posted under a seperate thread, to dissuade further misconceptions.

jets4me
10-30-2006, 03:09 AM
well said kieth now lets end this madness i know one thing there has been some big words slung around here big long words

nitro557
10-30-2006, 05:46 AM
So there is yet another post about this whole thing. How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???[/QUOTE]
i really have nothing to say or add,if i go to any of the events it will be just to party with good friends,to boat or not to boat isnt an option so why would my opinion on a boating event matter?
on a different subject its go cart season guys :)

JOHNNYBEGOOD
10-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Let me chime in on this for a second.
First off, I have been on these fourms for some time now. I have read just about everything that has been written in the fourm. I have followed the BOTE through these fourms from the begining.
Now, while I have been on the fourms for so long I have never been to one of the BOTE events. It's just has never worked out to where I could get away from work. I have followed your trips to Lake Anna, Harvra de Grace, Raystown Lake, Buckeye lake, and lake James through your postings in this fourm. Please keep posting your pictures.
My take on things are as follows:
I do not think Jack was intending to step on any toes. By the way I read his words it sounded like he wanted to take some of the pressure off of the organizers of the June outing. The dates have been close to the same from the begining. Remember the battle over changing it to Fathers Day weekend one time, sheesh what a stir that was. Tim, maybe he should have called you to go over his ideas but I for one would welcome any help that he would offer.
Again, I have never been to any of your events. I am sure that the smaller ones are more intimate. I know what it is like on the Upper Potomac ( dam #4) when we get 8 or so boats up river into the shallows. You get to talk to everyone, check out their rides, drink a couple beers, and make some noise. But come on, what do you expect when you advertise on a public fourm that thounds of boaters read? It will pick up steam as the word gets around. There is no way to keep it an intimate group. Deal with it. There are a lot of weekends that you can have the small group get togethers, your little clicks.
Lodging is a big issue at Lake Anna. I do not have a clue why there are so few motels in the area. I understand the reasining for looking for another lake for that reason alone. But look how many boats are showing up each year. The boaters are dealing with the lack of lodging so why should it be of great concern? Afterall it seems like many want to tone it down a bit, the lack of lodging may just do that.
Anyway, this is just my take on things as I see them. I will try my best to make it to Lake Anna this year ( I have a place to stay already).
John

mrswetdream3
10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=JOHNNYBEGOOD]Let me chime in on this for a second.
First off, I have been on these fourms for some time now. I have read just about everything that has been written in the fourm. I have followed the BOTE through these fourms from the begining.
Now, while I have been on the fourms for so long I have never been to one of the BOTE events. It's just has never worked out to where I could get away from work. I have followed your trips to Lake Anna, Harvra de Grace, Raystown Lake, Buckeye lake, and lake James through your postings in this fourm. Please keep posting your pictures.
We have been through alot over the years. I belive we got together about 11-01. some of us have seen so many people come and go over the years. The fun and people with boats stay the same. keep it true is all i ask!

fakethis
10-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Johnny hope pops gets your pump back together so you can go next year. :rolleyes:

hot_rod
10-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Lets play nice
I don't know if this has been said (too much crap to wade through) but if it is decided that the BOTE event is located elsewhere this year and Jack wants to keep something going at Anna they should be on different weekends and the Father event (BOTE) should have first right to any weekend especially if it's the traditional weekend. That way anyone who wants to go to both can.
I have always thought it would be nice to move the event around change of scenery is always nice.
Now let me go climb back under my rock

JOHNNYBEGOOD
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Johnny hope pops gets your pump back together so you can go next year. :rolleyes:
Tell him if he don't get it done by spring I am going to kidnap one of his puppy's and hold it for ransom. That will get him working on it for sure.