PDA

View Full Version : Any 24 fans?

Tremor Therapy
10-26-2006, 08:21 AM
I just watched the extended trailer, and I can't wait! Never got hooked on any of the reality shows, but damn, I think we should send Jack Bauer to the middle east. He would definately catch Bin Laden by the end of the year!

ChumpChange
10-26-2006, 08:25 AM
The only show I make it a point to watch every week.

riverracerx
10-26-2006, 08:30 AM
No, but my family works on the show and I have met Kieffer before.

Froggystyle
10-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I just watched the extended trailer, and I can't wait! Never got hooked on any of the reality shows, but damn, I think we should send Jack Bauer to the middle east. He would definately catch Bin Laden by the end of the year!
I can't wait to see how many Chinese people Jack has to eat his way through to get home.
With the resources CTU has, there is little chance that a vessel could leave the port of long beach before he was noticed missing. Realistically, they probably had a 5 to 10 minute max head start on CTU, and having just done what Jack did, I am willing to bet he has the support of the new administration 100%.
Or, since he saved the soviet premier's life, the soviets may get involved and broker a release.
Either way, he will likely be back at the beginning of this season. I can't imagine them continuing that day any longer...
And BTW.... Jack could catch OBL in under 24 hours... ;)
Where did you see the trailer?

SoCal_fun
10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
LOVE 24!! Best show on the tube. :rollside:

Magic34
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
I can't wait to see how many Chinese people Jack has to eat his way through to get home.
With the resources CTU has, there is little chance that a vessel could leave the port of long beach before he was noticed missing. Realistically, they probably had a 5 to 10 minute max head start on CTU, and having just done what Jack did, I am willing to bet he has the support of the new administration 100%.
Or, since he saved the soviet premier's life, the soviets may get involved and broker a release.
Either way, he will likely be back at the beginning of this season. I can't imagine them continuing that day any longer...
And BTW.... Jack could catch OBL in under 24 hours... ;)
Cant wait either. Huge 24 fan here. Are they saying January for the start of this next season?

Not So Fast
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
We have not missed a single episode, it becomes habit forming. Now it seems this is the format for most shows and if you miss an episode you are lost. Best show on TV though and now that the Chinese have Jack it will become more intense, I love it. NSF

ChumpChange
10-26-2006, 08:49 AM
FOX played it during the World Series on Tuesday. There is a website somewhwere with the trailer as well. Can't remember what it is though.

Phat Matt
10-26-2006, 08:51 AM
It's on the FOX website. They had Jack for a while cuz he had a nice long beard. :)

Magic34
10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.24trailer.com/

Boatandrvloanguy
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Best show on TV.

Froggystyle
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Wow... what a trailer. If you saw the bogus trailer from last season though, you know that the trailer doesn't mean shit. None of that happenned in the season, or even close to it.
This is going to be a sick season. The thing is, I saw Jack with a gun at one point of that trailer. Once he has it, people start dying.
Stand by. :D

eliminatedsprinter
10-26-2006, 09:47 AM
A fun show with a creative format. I like it. :rollside:

All IN
10-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Best show on TV.
Can't wait for the new season.

Froggystyle
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I think that my favorite part about it is that it reasonably accurately portrays the need, and the danger, of having extended powers granted to protect against terrorism. Things like the Patriot act are what allow small strings of evidence to turn into a sweater, or in the thinnest of cases a lead. The more data we have, the more relationships we can connect, the greater the inter-departmental cooperation we can achieve the better the shot we will have at thwarting real-time terrorist threats.
I am a big believer in the Constitution, but I also think it has to be measured in context. Too literal a view of it will always be myopic, and miss the point.
I think that anyone watching the show regularly is going to realize that they are forced to make decisions that are in contrast to their normal way of thinking. Extreme events will force people to consider the ripples in the law and their individual applications with regard to immediate peril. I think it does a great job making beaurocrats look like idiots and part of the problem.

Tremor Therapy
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Froggy all we have to do is remember 1 man!
007, license to kill!

Froggystyle
10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Froggy all we have to do is remember 1 man!
007, license to kill!
I can't wait for that either!

BigDogIvan
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
We missed the first season and have been hooked since we saw the second season. I was thinking just the other day on how the Chinise are going to handle now knowing Jack is alive and well. I guess that will be taken care of while Jack save the world in 24hrs. :)
No one can take the place of James Bond, Agent 007. :p

tamalewagon
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Kickass show. Only show I'll go out of my way to watch.

out of bounds
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Thank god for t vo we cant watch it in real time any more.

voodoomedman
10-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Best damn show on TV. I started watching at the beginning of last season and am hooked. I am mad at the end of ever episode because I don't want to wait until the next week to continue. I need to rent the first few seasons though and get caught up.
I may be wrong but I think the reason they wait until January to start it is so they can keep it a non stop season like last time. No 4 weeks of reruns for holidays and then again at Oscars and all that crap.

house
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
If I could grow up all over again I want to be like Jack Bauer. He is a serious bad ass and makes MacGuyver look like an amateur. Jack can get out of anything.
All kidding aside, I definitely agree with everyone that says it is by far the best show on tv in my lifetime.

Goldilocks
10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
My all time favorite show. I can't wait for the new season. Jack Bauer is a superhero :)
Has anyone ever had a dream that you are part of a 24 plot? Those have been some of my coolest dreams :)

No Name
10-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Just wanted to have the 24th post on the 24 fans thread. :)

Magic34
10-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Best damn show on TV. I started watching at the beginning of last season and am hooked. I am mad at the end of ever episode because I don't want to wait until the next week to continue. I need to rent the first few seasons though and get caught up.
I may be wrong but I think the reason they wait until January to start it is so they can keep it a non stop season like last time. No 4 weeks of reruns for holidays and then again at Oscars and all that crap.
You better plan on some sleepless weekends because once you start a season, you'll find yourself saying... "1 more hour, that's it!" In reality, you'll do that about 5 more times and watch about 9 hours at a time before finally turning it off.
I agree, best show on TV and I haven't been hooked on a tv show like this one ever before.

voodoomedman
10-27-2006, 06:19 AM
You better plan on some sleepless weekends because once you start a season, you'll find yourself saying... "1 more hour, that's it!" In reality, you'll do that about 5 more times and watch about 9 hours at a time before finally turning it off.
I agree, best show on TV and I haven't been hooked on a tv show like this one ever before.
I know. My wife and I did the same thing to catch up on the first two seasons of Grey's Anatomy. Good show. And she's an OR Nurse so really likes it. Nothing like 24 though. If they ever come up with a show that can top 24 I will watch it.

Debbolas
10-27-2006, 06:22 AM
One of our favorite shows....when does it start?
How did you see the trailer? We have our TV set up to record new episodes.....must go check.
Goldie: I have watched movies and then had dreams about being in them...but never a TV show ;)
Like "Lord of the Rings" and "Memorias of a Geisha"....... :rollside:

CARLSON-JET
10-27-2006, 06:24 AM
I thought this was a thread about J. Gordon #24.. I don't watch much TV.. Gordon owns the WALL!!