PDA

View Full Version : 3 Firefighters Killed

JB in so cal
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Fox news is reporting 3 firefighters were overtaken in their engine while battling the fire in Cabazon.
Godspeed. And God bless the families.

MR HARLEY
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Godspeed

JB in so cal
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
2 others burned critically. Truck was overrun by flames and they could not drive away fast enough.

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Godspeed......I'm looking at the smoke as i type. was just wondering where the fire was. :(
prayers are with thier families

Caribbean Jet
10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Very sad... God Speed and our prayers are with them,

Hardly Satisfied
10-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Fox news is reporting 3 firefighters were overtaken in their engine while battling the fire in Cabazon.
very very sad for the families

UltraClean
10-26-2006, 10:33 AM
godspeed....i hate to hear that...god bless the families :(

Her454
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Very very sad, my heart goes out to the families. I pray for those guys every season when they put their lives on the line to save our homes.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh shit, we have some guys out there.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Any reports on which fire dept. they are from???

JB in so cal
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
A guy from cdf said he couldn't comment on the details. Just confirmed 3 deaths and 2 serious injuries.

RitcheyRch
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Very sad. My thoughts and prayers to them and their families.

Bradman
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Very Sad Day...Thoughts and paryer's to all involved.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
A guy from cdf said he couldn't comment on the details. Just confirmed 3 deaths and 2 serious injuries.
I frickin hate vegetation fires. The conditions change so rapidly.

Huckleberry
10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Godspeed to those who gave their lives for our safety! My prayers go out to their families and co-workers.

pixilatedpussy
10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
So sad! We have the news on here as well! God bless their families.

Mrs. casean
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I read from the Press Enterprise (pe.com) that they were stationed in Idylwild (spelling)... :( Very sad
The smoke is so bad here in Temecula! can't even see the hills it's so thick down here.

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.beloblog.com/Pe_Blogs/#a048224

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I read from the Press Enterprise (pe.com) that they were stationed in Idylwild (spelling)... :( Very sad
The smoke is so bad here in Temecula! can't even see the hills it's so thick down here.
The agency that covers Idylwild is either CDF or The Us. Forest service.
God bless their family and friends.

Ziggy
10-26-2006, 11:18 AM
DAng, I hate reading shit like that........prayers to the families. :(
Smoke is thick at the beach already too.....its snowing ashes all over my cars on the lot.... :mad:

Sotally Tober
10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm sitting having lunch at the station and saw the news about the fire. They stated it was 500+ acres. Nothing about any FF's. I hope it is not true. If it is my thoughts and prayers go out to our brothers families. It must really be blowing up on them.

j-rod
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
R.I.P my brothers my prayers go out to the familys.... :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/1194Aug10183-med.jpg

Throttle
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
are hearing word that it could have been a forest service unit... unconfirmed right now...

Throttle
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm sitting having lunch at the station and saw the news about the fire. They stated it was 500+ acres. Nothing about any FF's. I hope it is not true. If it is my thoughts and prayers go out to our brothers families. It must really be blowing up on them.
more like 4000 acres

Throttle
10-26-2006, 11:35 AM
I frickin hate vegetation fires. The conditions change so rapidly.
glad to be workin ot on a truck today, does not mean I could not to a local brush fire but at least its not goin to far. Who knows about tomorrow though... I will be happy / lucky to get off work in the am so I can go home and spend some time with family over the weekend.

Throttle
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
We have just been told to drop our flags... damn this SUCKS!!!

Rexone
10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
One of the news channels said they were USFS but who knows they may have been speculating as the media often does. Godspeed to them regardless of what agency they are from.
It was 3 years ago last night that the wind driven Grand Prix fire came through Upland and threatened my home right up to the back wall. I have the utmost respect for these wildland fire crews.

slingingsmoke
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
My prayers are with the families of those who have perished and have gotten injured today. I'm on duty today and my engine company is first up for strike team deployment. If it gets any worse...you guys wont hear from me for a few more days! Its important for those of us "on the job" to take that reality check that some of us take for granted sometimes.
'nuff said for now.

Throttle
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
confirmed, san bern usfs...

HavasuSelect
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
God Bless them and the families.
I heard there might be 65 mph winds coming. Everyone be safe out there.

Cole
10-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Anyone here from Cory (Blackcloud)?

MRSDRMCAT
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone here from Cory (Blackcloud)?
I heard from him last night he was working...don't know if he is working today or not....but knowing him he is probably on his 3rd day straight......
What a terrible way to die.........prayers go out to the department, family and friends.......so tough.

welk2party
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Very sad to hear that. It is too easy to forget how dangerous a fire fighter's job is. God bless.

racecar.hotshoe
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
A 4th firefighter has died now. :(

slink
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM
A 4th firefighter has died now. :(
Just heard that too. Also heard the fifth is not expected to live and they are treating it as a crime scene as it is expected arson.

racecar.hotshoe
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Just heard that too. Also heard the fifth is not expected to live and they are treating it as a crime scene as it is expected arson.
The fire is less than 6 miles from my house so I am watching very closely.

DILLIGAF
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Rip :(

Mrs. casean
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
This just put the worst feeling into my stomach! How awful to treat someone who is alive as an arson crime scene. Wow. Poor families, co-workers and friends of all these people! Such a sad day for many :( I'm praying for the fire fighters working out there... I hope we have heard the worst of the tragedies!

Mrs. casean
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
The fire is less than 6 miles from my house so I am watching very closely.
Be smart and careful Mark!

phebus
10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
This makes me sick to my stomach. So sad..............

Kilrtoy
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh that sucks, the worst news you can hear is this news.
Makes my stomach sink

racecar.hotshoe
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Be smart and careful Mark!
Thank you I will!

slink
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm getting really disgusted with the Riverside Press Enterprise. I wish there was another newspaper out here in Riverside. A few years ago they took pictures of two deceased LEO's right after they had been sniped/ambushed in Cabazon. The picture was shown on the front page. Total disrespect to the families of the deceased. On thier website today, there is a picture of a red body tarp covering one of the firemen. Again, total BS. :mad: Prayes go out to the families involved and the entire fire community. I know we always bag on each other's professions, but it's all in fun. Stuff like this affects both professions.

little rowe boat
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm getting really disgusted with the Riverside Press Enterprise. I wish there was another newspaper out here in Riverside. A few years ago they took pictures of two deceased LEO's right after they had been sniped/ambushed in Cabazon. The picture was shown on the front page. Total disrespect to the families of the deceased. On thier website today, there is a picture of a red body tarp covering one of the firemen. Again, total BS. :mad: Prayes go out to the families involved and the entire fire community. I know we always bag on each other's professions, but it's all in fun. Stuff like this affects both professions.
Yah we call it the Press slanderprise.

Mrs. casean
10-26-2006, 01:41 PM
I agree! I saw that... not what they need to show at all. Very disrespectful.

Rexone
10-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Not much unlike what CNN with its embedded reporting does in Iraq to our military. :mad:

Bense468
10-26-2006, 01:53 PM
RIP :cry:

CMATT21
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
I just missed the strike team on OES this morning. The dispatch came in at shift change. I did find out it is USFS from the BDF (SanBernardino National Forest). Engine 57 ( Near Idyllwild). I worked on the Vista Grande Hot Shots during 96 and 97 seasons. I have a sick feeling I know one or more of the fallen firefighters. I have been looking for names all morning. My information on the engine involved was from firehouse.com. A reliable source in the firefighter community. My prayers go out to my brothers and sisters and to their greiving familys. My heart aches.

charlyox
10-26-2006, 02:10 PM
There is a 100K reward for the S.O.B. I hope they catch them.

Brady Bunch
10-26-2006, 02:59 PM
R I P

Seadog
10-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I worked a forest fire in Prescott once. The scariest moment was having to drive through the fire when we got trapped by changing conditions. My heart goes out to the heroes, both alive and dead, who risk their lives for the misdeeds of others. May their families find a measure of solice in their time of grief.

XtrmWakeborder
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
So sad to hear. Those guys are true heros. How did the fire overrun them? Do the fire really move that fast? Thats pretty damn scary.

little rowe boat
10-27-2006, 07:24 AM
So sad to hear. Those guys are true heros. How did the fire overrun them? Do the fire really move that fast? Thats pretty damn scary.
I don't know the circumstances, but conditions when working a vegetation fire can change very rapidly. Yes, the fire can move extremely fast, especially when it is wind driven and moving uphill.

Debbolas
10-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Chapparell fires are the worst!
My heart goes out to their families.......and God Bless Them! :D
US Forest Service, the paper said. not CDF......

bruddah
10-27-2006, 08:32 AM
its a shame... all flags at most if not all stations are at half mast today! the 5th member of the crew is in critical condition and hopefully will pull through! prayers to all of the families and members of the crew!