PDA

View Full Version : Sinking Outerlimits - Pictures

dirty old man
10-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Can someone please repost the pictures from OSO on the sinking OL, I can't see the pictures as I"m too cheap to take the golden subscription

Jbb
10-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Cheapskate.... :p
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19240
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19241
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19242&stc=1

blender over
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
That Sucks :cry:

RitcheyRch
10-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Did it sink at the launch ramp.

MOBrien
10-27-2006, 08:00 AM
woops. that's gonna cost 'em. Anyone know why it went down?

Jbb
10-27-2006, 08:09 AM
It sank at the dock
....hard to get real info from the thread in between all the comedians .....saying its a factory sub option... :p
My buddy has a 47 GTX ......and is buying the #2 cat ...and says they are the nicest and most precisely built..boats he has ever seen...

LaveyOne
10-27-2006, 08:09 AM
That is just painful to see ... :cry:

707dog
10-27-2006, 08:10 AM
oouch that sucks!! why did it go down???? my other boat was in that same position on hookie day(lost the gimbel bearing). :mad: ....so i can amagine the feeling over a high$$ boat..

Jbb
10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
No water got in the cabin....just the engine compt and interior....
boat was pumped out and engines filled with diesel
boat has triple 1075's and #6 drives

TAF
10-27-2006, 09:08 AM
It sank at the dock
....hard to get real info from the thread in between all the comedians .....saying its a factory sub option... :p
My buddy has a 47 GTX ......and is buying the #2 cat ...and says they are the nicest and most precisely built..boats he has ever seen...
Boats he has ever seen........How can he see it if its under water?

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 09:08 AM
It sank at the dock
Would someone with a subscription please post this for me:
"It was probably sunk by the wake from a low freeboard jet boat looking for some retribution."

Jbb
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Would someone with a subscription please post this for me:
"It was probably sunk by the wake from a low freeboard jet boat looking for some retribution."
:p :p :p

707dog
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Just spoke to someone in the know ....the boat was at the dock for days....still is ...as in Ft Lauderdale once you dock your boat they add docks as they fill for the show.....and you are stuck there till they all leave..... The detailers were cleaning it up and said the boat was fine ....and then a day or two later it was sunk.....no damaged gimbals ....no holes ....there is no rub rail as the boats are fully capped....there was a hose in the boat ....from the dock that must have been left on....either accidentally...or otherwise...bilge pumps ran till the batteries died.
No water got in the cabin....just the engine compt and interior....
boat was pumped out and engines filled with diesel
boat has triple 1075's and #6 drives
bet ya someone is out of a job after this one...lmao..still sucks.....

Strip Poker 388
10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Thread just got poofed on OSO.censorship :p Its a shame nice boat...

Jbb
10-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Thread just got poofed on OSO.censorship :p Its a shame nice boat...
I liked the one where they said Fountain was gonna sink one of his .....drive by the Outerlimits....film it ...and call it ...."sub killer".... :D
I try never to laugh at the misfortune of others,...[Tom Brown notwithstanding]..........but that was some funny shit... :p

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Gotta love the peachy world of OSO where nothing bad ever happens..... :rolleyes: :) Accident and misfortunes happen. Ecept on OSO.... :crossx:
Just like when the brand new fountain was rolled over..... pics posted then poof...gone and mega denial about the accident even occuring.... which it did btw.....

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
I try never to laugh at the misfortune of others,..
I can respect that but this is some pretty light misfortune. Unless I'm misunderstanding the consequences of this, that boat will return to it's full former magnificence with some fresh water flushing, some detailing, and perhaps a few oil changes in rapid succession.
I extend my apologies to the Outerlimits owner. It's a shame to see anything bad happen to anyone's boat.

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I remember seeing it reported as a 51' OL whixh is their sport yatch. that looks like a GTX. Is it a 47 GTX or do they now have a 51 GTX? Just wonderin...... looks very similar to Bills boat JBB.

Jbb
10-27-2006, 09:44 AM
I can respect that but this is some pretty light misfortune. Unless I'm misunderstanding the consequences of this, that boat will return to it's full former magnificence with some fresh water flushing, some detailing, and perhaps a few oil changes in rapid succession.
I extend my apologies to the Outerlimits owner. It's a shame to see anything bad happen to anyone's boat.
They are gonna replace the motors and electronics.....before delivering it ....to me... :p

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
They are gonna replace the motors and electronics.....
.... with rotax driven jet pumps...
.....before delivering it ....to me... :p
:idea:

Jbb
10-27-2006, 09:49 AM
.....................sissy..... :p :p

HTRDLNCN
10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
If it sat in salt water for a couple days everything from
the cabin back that was in the water has to be gutted and replaced.
At least thats been my experience with boats that have been in salt water
for just a few hours not days.

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that boat was raised pretty quickly and motors were pickled immediately...

Jbb
10-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I remember seeing it reported as a 51' OL whixh is their sport yatch. that looks like a GTX. Is it a 47 GTX or do they now have a 51 GTX? Just wonderin...... looks very similar to Bills boat JBB.
Bill said it was a 51GTX with triple 1075's/sixes.......

Chromegorilla
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Cha ching!

dirty old man
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
wouldn't that put it into the $1.5 mil range?

Riverkid
10-27-2006, 03:25 PM
This one went down in Newport. It turned out to be a bad gimbal to stand off box gasket. His insurance said no, Donzi said no - it was all on him. Nice. :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2880DSC00081.JPG

Magic34
10-27-2006, 04:09 PM
This one went down in Newport. It turned out to be a bad gimbal to stand off box gasket. His insurance said no, Donzi said no - it was all on him. Nice. :mad:
All 4 of my lawyers would have said yes to both. That's BS!!!!

burtandnancy
10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
BTW, both posts re: 51 OL sinking, have been removed from OSO...

Jbb
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
BTW, both posts re: 51 OL sinking, have been removed from OSO...
I got banned this evening from OSO for quesioning why the threads were deleted and asking for my money back....lol...

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I got banned this evening from OSO for quesioning why the threads were deleted and asking for my money back....lol...
They hansoned you to the curb. :D

Tantrum
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
That pic right there makes me queezy. Covered by insurance or not its a long walk down that dock to find that..........

Jbb
10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
They hansoned you to the curb. :D
...............indeed

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
...............indeed
Packinair is lame.

Jbb
10-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Packinair is lame.
......lame ...yes!

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
I was going to join OSO but they don't have a forum for Glastron outboards so fukk them.

Mandelon
10-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Maybe that's later's cousin....he must have 4 jobs.... :rolleyes:

Boatlesss
10-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't understand some things about OSO. There have been several occurances with OL (outerlimits) and they are never seen on the boards of OSO.
An accident going to Key West last year, the fatal accident in Michigan was hushed, the photo's of this accident and I am certain that there are other issues that were not allowed to be shown there.
Certainly is some sort of favortism as they will certainly allow a problem when it involves a Cat boat.
If there is a problem with Mercury they pull the thread. If there is a problem with Cigarette (a fatal accident last year was poofed) they pull the thread, and a lot of the Nortec problems are poofed.
It is unfortunate that the OL was partially sunk at the dock. It is a beautiful boat and it will be put back to as good as new. It will however carry a sour note from this dat forward.

Old Texan
10-28-2006, 03:59 AM
I don't understand some things about OSO. There have been several occurances with OL (outerlimits) and they are never seen on the boards of OSO.
An accident going to Key West last year, the fatal accident in Michigan was hushed, the photo's of this accident and I am certain that there are other issues that were not allowed to be shown there.
Certainly is some sort of favortism as they will certainly allow a problem when it involves a Cat boat.
If there is a problem with Mercury they pull the thread. If there is a problem with Cigarette (a fatal accident last year was poofed) they pull the thread, and a lot of the Nortec problems are poofed.
It is unfortunate that the OL was partially sunk at the dock. It is a beautiful boat and it will be put back to as good as new. It will however carry a sour note from this dat forward.
There is no "bad" in the world of the high and mighty elite. Folks like them feel they are above us regular guys. "Aloof" I believe it's called.

mikec500s
10-28-2006, 04:19 AM
here is some pics of the boat at the loto shoot out

Liquid Courage
10-28-2006, 09:12 AM
OSO and the people that run it feel the world revolves around them and feel they will be somehow held responsible at letting any information on mis-haps get out onto their boards. When in reality the discussion/topic and photo's are floating around other web sites too. Supposedly there is a "criminal investigation" going on. I've been involved in many criminal investigations and still see no reason why the pictures and discussion can't be posted :rolleyes:
Ever heard of circumstantial evidents or hearsay...OSO needs to look into that. :rolleyes:
So I want to know who knows the details on this criminal investigation....

Old Texan
10-28-2006, 12:00 PM
here is some pics of the boat at the loto shoot out
Any idea what lake those were taken on?

Boatlesss
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
OSO and the people that run it feel the world revolves around them and feel they will be somehow held responsible at letting any information on mis-haps get out onto their boards. When in reality the discussion/topic and photo's are floating around other web sites too. Supposedly there is a "criminal investigation" going on. I've been involved in many criminal investigations and still see no reason why the pictures and discussion can't be posted :rolleyes:
Ever heard of circumstantial evidents or hearsay...OSO needs to look into that. :rolleyes:
So I want to know who knows the details on this criminal investigation....
Maybe it's just their excuse for being that way. Hell, the telvevision news shows things when there is a criminal investigation every day all day long.
Little bit of b.s. there.

timewarp
10-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Any idea what lake those were taken on?\
Since they were taken at the LOTO Shoot out, I would think that it was on the Lake of the Ozarks aka LOTO

Jbb
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
You know I gotta just laugh....all I did was ask for some clarification as to why every thread I was reading was disappearing.....If not,I wanted my 12 hr old membership refunded $45......Instead I get a load of shit from one of the nutswingers there about reading the rules,and If I dont like it I must be a troll... :p ..Then OSO Steve.....aka God....[In his mind anyway]...tells me he does not have to explain anything he does ...ever....You know,I belong to alot of forums and in each and every one I have always been given a courtesy pm if something approached a violation of the rules ...I know it has happened here as well....If I were a mod anywhere I certainly would.....I explained that in an email to their admin.....and again asked for a refund....I have been banned there ...but paypal has not seen any money yet... this is the thread in question...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143827
I try not to take the internet too seriously....and I really do find this whole situation hysterical.....Talk about people with arrogance and self worth issues....lol....poofed...without even a reach around.... :rollside:
and so it goes...
ps... thank you Hot Boat mods....for putting up with us,and having common courtesy..

seanv
10-28-2006, 02:57 PM
when i got hosed by cumberland marine i posted on oso to get some ideas on how to get the problem solved. after the post going a few pages oso posted how i could and would be held accountable for all of my posts. i replied with a statement of, " all i posted is true and accurate with documentation to back it" hour later they locked it.
they sent me a pm asking me to stop negative posts about such a great sponsor who was always fair. i dont post there anymore and my membership just expired.

YeLLowBoaT
10-28-2006, 03:07 PM
That sounds like alot of forums I have been banned from. The slightest hint of a challenge or flame and the boot you. To me its actaully like a sport...

seanv
10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
smokes me how a "sponsor" can dictate who posts in a "paid membership public forum"

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 03:17 PM
That sounds like alot of forums I have been banned from. The slightest hint of a challenge or flame and the boot you.
:idea:
To me its actaully like a sport...
Click here (http://www.screamandfly.com/)

YeLLowBoaT
10-28-2006, 03:18 PM
if you really want to flame.. go here (http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_Ring_of_Pants/index.php?act=idx)

Jbb
10-28-2006, 03:19 PM
smokes me how a "sponsor" can dictate who posts in a "paid membership public forum"
It's not due to a sponsor issue......It's due to a "criminal felony investigation" :D ....and If you mention it again...you will be banned... :p

YeLLowBoaT
10-28-2006, 03:20 PM
can you post with out paying???? if so I'll make a account.

Jbb
10-28-2006, 03:23 PM
can you post with out paying???? if so I'll make a account.
Yes you can ...but the thread I started was promptly locked.... :p

YeLLowBoaT
10-28-2006, 03:24 PM
ok i'll make a account with tub girl sigs and avatars. I'll give it 2 mins b4 is ip banned.

seanv
10-28-2006, 03:28 PM
It's not due to a sponsor issue......It's due to a "criminal felony investigation" :D ....and If you mention it again...you will be banned... :p
i was talking about my thread... :crossx:
ban away guys!!! :crossx: j/k
lots of boating incidents dissapear from the web. well except laters ordeals :p

Jbb
10-28-2006, 03:29 PM
i was talking about my thread... :crossx:
ban away guys!!! :crossx: j/k
lots of boating incidents dissapear from the web. well except laters ordeals :p
Mention your thread?....Banned.... :p

seanv
10-28-2006, 04:06 PM
damn! now i have to go back to using pleasantcat?

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 04:10 PM
You know what OSO could use? ......... a good "sunk the boat" thread. Somebody setup a PayPal account.
Let's get whoever is playing Later to do this character too.