PDA

View Full Version : To clear things up......

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 03:28 PM
What I said was childish un called for. But, what was said was said and I can't take it back now. Like Mattman said, I wasn't the only one involved in the post and I don't know how else to word it without getting myself jammed up more than I already have. With that being said, there is a lot more to the story than was told and shame on me for making myself look like such a prick. Those of you who already know me, know that I am not like that and those who don't, I hope to make it right by saying sorry to those I offended. Keith has done a lot of good on here and I'm sure he will continue doing the same. I wish him the best of luck and your boats look better than ever. I hope to see everyone at the Holiday Food Drive Poker Run on Nov. 4th. My apologies once again.......
Sean

JB in so cal
10-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice, Sean.

BajaMike
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Cool..... :cool:

Jyruiz
10-27-2006, 03:32 PM
:)

RitcheyRch
10-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Very cool.

RiverDave
10-27-2006, 03:35 PM
What I said was childish un called for. But, what was said was said and I can't take it back now. Like Mattman said, I wasn't the only one involved in the post and I don't know how else to word it without getting myself jammed up more than I already have. With that being said, there is a lot more to the story than was told and shame on me for making myself look like such a prick. Those of you who already know me, know that I am not like that and those who don't, I hope to make it right by saying sorry to those I offended. Keith has done a lot of good on here and I'm sure he will continue doing the same. I wish him the best of luck and your boats look better than ever. I hope to see everyone at the Holiday Food Drive Poker Run on Nov. 4th. My apologies once again.......
Sean
Great Post Sean! :)
RD

Cole Trickle
10-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Didn't sound sincere;) :crossx: :p
I'm still trading my Sleek for a Bayliner!!!
Way to step up:D :)

seanv
10-27-2006, 03:37 PM
very well put!

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Didn't sound sincere;) :crossx: :p
I'm still trading my Sleek for a Bayliner!!!
Way to step up:D :)
I had a guy in here today that wanted your vette, but I just told him where there was a better one....lol

phebus
10-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Drinks on you? :D
Good job Sean.

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Drinks on you? :D
Good job Sean.
Sure, when the bill comes and I can't be found, cover me and I'll pay you back.

Cole Trickle
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I had a guy in here today that wanted your vette, but I just told him where there was a better one....lol
LOL....
There was a guy at the river that wanted a 28" Deck boat last time I was there so I told him where to get a nice one;) :) :crossx:

djunkie
10-27-2006, 03:43 PM
LOL....
There was a guy at the river that wanted a 28" Deck boat last time I was there so I told him where to get a nice one;) :) :crossx:
Howard??? :crossx: :crossx:

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 03:45 PM
LOL....
LOL..... you got me there. :cry:

Mandelon
10-27-2006, 03:59 PM
:boxed:

djunkie
Way to man up, guess we can give you your Man card back.
So does anyone know where I can get a nice 28' DeckBoat? I have 120k burning a hole in my pocket... :)
Uhhh hmmmmmmmm.........
Howard??? :crossx: :crossx:

switchin'addiction
Very cool!!

Magic34
10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
So now what is everyone going to talk about?
Over to the AIDS discussion!!!!
Nice work Sean.

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 04:04 PM
So now what is everyone going to talk about?
Over to the AIDS discussion!!!!
Nice work Sean.
Thanks, and thanks for always supporting the company. I actually worked for the factory when we built your boat. I remember sewing and putting together your engine lid. Awesome boat. Are you heading up for the Poker Run??

Magic34
10-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks, and thanks for always supporting the company. I actually worked for the factory when we built your boat. I remember sewing and putting together your engine lid. Awesome boat. Are you heading up for the Poker Run??
No, I have another commitment. Sucks, because that is usually 1 of my top 2 trips of the year. I always have a great time and they do a great job hosting the event.
I consider many at the company friends of mine now.

tamalewagon
10-27-2006, 04:08 PM
:D Very cool!!
Who let this guy back in here??? LOL. :D

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 04:09 PM
No, I have another commitment. Sucks, because that is usually 1 of my top 2 trips of the year. I always have a great time and they do a great job hosting the event.
I consider many at the company friends of mine now.
That's too bad. It is a cool event and I am looking forward to it.

Tom Brown
10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
... now if we could just get an apology out of superdave013, things could go back to normal around here.

voodoomedman
10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
We all make mistakes once in a while. I'm sure you wish you never did that. It was a big one but it was also very big of you to come on and admit you were wrong and apologize.

3 daytona`s
10-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Sean
This proves that people are very understanding and forgiving when you just stand up say you were wrong and sorry. GOOD JOB :)

switchin'addiction
10-27-2006, 04:12 PM
:D
Who let this guy back in here??? LOL. :D
Sshhhh.....don't let anyone know I'm here. :D

Mattman
10-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Like I said in the last thread Sean, YOU'RE MY HERO!! I'm glad you weren't fired because THAT would've happened..yea right :rolleyes: Oh yea, I'm glad you didn't get sued either :rolleyes: Then "gelcoat repair" and I would get stuck cleaning all the boats in the showroom! :)

Sean@magic
10-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Like I said in the last thread Sean, YOU'RE MY HERO!! I'm glad you weren't fired because THAT would've happened..yea right :rolleyes: Oh yea, I'm glad you didn't get sued either :rolleyes: Then "gelcoat repair" and I would get stuck cleaning all the boats in the showroom! :)
I think we'll hold off on cleaning the boats until Brett gets there, you know.... have him show us the right way to do it...lol

RiverDave
10-27-2006, 09:16 PM
This proves that people are very understanding and forgiving when you just stand up say you were wrong and sorry. GOOD JOB :)
Indeed, now if "Later" (sunk the boat thread) see's how well this thread was received maybe he'd be tempted to do something right for a change.
RD

Reaper1
10-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I think we'll hold off on cleaning the boats until Brett gets there, you know.... have him show us the right way to do it...lol
Make sure the 02' Laker Cat stays clean, she's not used to being dirty.
See ya at the Food Drive. :D

ratso
10-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Nice... ;)

JetBoatRich
10-28-2006, 06:47 AM
POwer of the internet :cool: nice post :cool:

ratso
10-28-2006, 07:01 AM
POwer of the internet :cool: nice post :cool:
Heck, just the power of THIS SITE is awesome...

a catered life
10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
wow looks like i missed another ***boat moment.. :rolleyes: but any man who steps up like this and steps forward to fix a problem is ok in my book :p dont know what happened???? really dont care :rolleyes: but great post :p

Mattman
10-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey reaper, I have a guy coming today in the afternoon to see it. The guys gave her a bath so hopefully all goes well!!

DAB
10-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Sean, I don't know you from Adam.. saw the other thread unfold and I made a comment... I gotta tell you, great post. It takes alot of balls for any man to admit something was wrong (publicly). Once again, nice job!

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Make sure the 02' Laker Cat stays clean, she's not used to being dirty.
See ya at the Food Drive. :D
What boat are you taking out there?? I was planning on using yours.... :) Just kidding, let me know when your coming to get your boat so we can charge the batteries.

phebus
10-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I still thank an apology is more sincere over beer. Weak effort Sean :D

cc322
10-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Nice... good job

riverroyal
10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I never saw this.Outcoled still a homo though

voodoomedman
10-28-2006, 10:06 AM
A little harsh but true Rio. Even though I think it was a step in the right direction making the apology I would think a few time before buying something from Sean. As it is I question the validity of Karl's posts everytime I see one just because of what he did.

John.
10-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Sean
good post.

EmpirE231
10-28-2006, 10:27 AM
good thing with the apology.... I would do business whith whoever.... whatever the case! get what you like! and some of you people need to relax... it's a messaging board on the internet !!! there is real life happening away from the keyboard hahah :crossx:
P.S. businesses in the same industry will always talk about one another... either between friends... co -workers... whichever.... and it always leaks to the public!! this one just got here quicker!! :)

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Keith is one of the coolest guys on the forums, IMO. :cool:
I've been enjoying the drama and just realized, as much as I find this sort of thing irrelevant, it's nice to hear your buds step up when you step on something unpleasant. I should have mentioned this sooner. Sorry, Keith. :)
Oh... and thank you Rio for showing me the error of my ways. :D

deltaAce
10-28-2006, 10:45 AM
His appollogy may have been promted by the thread titled,
So did Sean @ Magic ever apollogize to Keith Sayre?
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131418

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
His appollogy may have been promted by...
If it were, what difference would it make?

deltaAce
10-28-2006, 10:53 AM
If it were, what difference would it make?
None to me, I don't care! How about sincerity!

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 11:06 AM
His appollogy may have been promted by the thread titled,
So did Sean @ Magic ever apollogize to Keith Sayre?
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131418
You are totally correct. I was going to apologize the same day I posted on the "rumors" thread, but a select few and myself thought it might be better to just let it blow over and avoid offending anyone else more than I already have. The more I thought about it, the more I felt I was wrong no matter what was said behind the scenes. When I saw RD's thread I realized I need to try and explain myself. Like cole trickle said, I let my emotions get the best of me and let it all out on here which was a mistake. With that being said, I am sorry. Phebus, I would love to buy you a beer at the poker run if you're in Havasu next weekend.
Sean

Tom Brown
10-28-2006, 11:10 AM
You are totally correct.
It doesn't make any difference. Your apology seems completely sincere to me. I applaud you for it.
I hope we don't fall into the trap of suggesting someone make an apology and then condemning the apology as being irrelevant because it was prompted. I like to think this group is above that.
Kudos to you, Sean. Shit happens. It seems to me this whole thing is not that big of a deal and it was good for a few laughs so it's not all bad. :cool:

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Kudos to you, Sean. Shit happens. It seems to me this whole thing is not that big of a deal and it was good for a few laughs so it's not all bad. :cool:
Thanks and I agree but I did go over board at Keith which I regret because he does so much to help others out on here and didn't deserve it.

Thorsinc
10-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Regardless what the motives are, he did apologize. The sincerity and validly in his apology should be judged by Keith.

djunkie
10-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow!!!! Some people are just never happy are they? :rolleyes:

ratso
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
It's sorta like if your wife were to go out and get laid. You find out-> she says she is sorry-> are you okay with that? There are some things in life that can't be fixed or made okay when they are broken.
ps...if you're good with an "I'm sorry dear" for you to forgive your wife for an indescretion, could I have her phone #? (this is a joke!)LOL
I believe this would make for a good poll. :crossx:

Keith E. Sayre
10-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Sean: I will take you at your word sir. Thank you.
Now let's talk about something pleasant like boating!
Here, I'll start....I think I'm going to go hook onto the
Schiada and put the thimble on the 14-71 instead of the regular pulley and go make some noise!
Keith Sayre

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Schiada and put the thimble on the 14-71 instead of the regular pulley and go make some noise!
Keith Sayre
That sounds awesome. How is the weather out there. One of the guys here is doing a few demos at Elsinore today and it is perfect out in southern california.

chub
10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Kudos to you Keith and Sean. Hows the boat sound.......BRRRAAAAPPPP!
Have fun!

Keith E. Sayre
10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Perfect weather but may create a little "lean" condition.
You know what they say, lean is mean but too lean too long too bad!
Keith Sayre

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Perfect weather but may create a little "lean" condition.
You know what they say, lean is mean but too lean too long too bad!
Keith Sayre
Best of luck and have fun out there.

djunkie
10-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Don't quite know how to take your post djunkie. If you are referring to my post it's really quite simple. Just about everything that I post is a view from the "other side of the coin", from the other persons perspective if you will. I mainly post about incidents that can be seen as something completely different by different people and if I have to 'go over the top" to get you to think about it then so be it.
In this case, most of the members are applauding Sean for the apology, inwhich I'm in agreement is sincere. Over and Done with ? Seans okay with it and I agree also, it was probably difficult for him, the majority are okay with it, sssooo is it over? But Sean and the members are not the injured party, Keith is. Is Keith okay with it?
It's sorta like if your wife were to go out and get laid. You find out-> she says she is sorry-> are you okay with that? There are some things in life that can't be fixed or made okay when they are broken.
My point or agenda is only to get people to hesitate one second before they push the button so they don't have to go through what Keith and Sean have anguished over the past few days. Nothing more.
Half of what I post is tongue-in-cheek, you just have to look for the message a bit.
Rio
ps...if you're good with an "I'm sorry dear" for you to forgive your wife for an indescretion, could I have her phone #? (this is a joke!)LOL
I completely understand what you are saying Rio. Everyone is entitled to take his post which ever way they feel. Whether it is sincere or not, only Sean knows. Whether Keith truely accepts it, only Keith knows. We all can come on here and say what we want but only we know the real truth of what we say. So with that said I give most the benefit of the doubt and try not to flame them for trying to get something across. Unless they talk shit about my mom or something. :crossx:

djunkie
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Keith Sayre
That sounds awesome. How is the weather out there. One of the guys here is doing a few demos at Elsinore today and it is perfect out in southern california.
:rollside: :rollside:

JB in so cal
10-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, Rio,
Let's see if we can't come up with SOMETHING Sean can do to make up for the dire anguish and emotional wreckage he's thrown all over Keith.
-Burn eternally in the bowells of Satan's den? - Nope.
-Eat at the ass of Rosie O'donnell 'till he finds corn? - Nope
-Make him drive a Batliner? - good God, no.
Oh well. I guess an appology that's been accepted will have to do for now :)
Carry on.

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 03:09 PM
-Eat at the ass of Rosie O'donnell 'till he finds corn? - Nope
Thanks, I just threw up in my mouth.

phebus
10-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Sean, what regatta/poker run is next week?

JB in so cal
10-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd ask again, Pheb. :)

phebus
10-28-2006, 04:31 PM
My fingers stutter sometimes :rollside:

OutCole'd
10-28-2006, 04:36 PM
My fingers stutter sometimes :rollside:
Probably passed out & forehead hit the keyboard.
Lighten up on the potato squeezin's Phebus. :)

OutCole'd
10-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I never saw this.Outcoled still a homo though
What the hell did I do to deserve this?
Get back in your own thread.

Sean@magic
10-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Sean, what regatta/poker run is next week?
It is the Holiday Food Drive Poker Run. Magic & Sleek put it on, but all boats are welcome. We take pictures of everyone under the bridge in their boats with santa hats on. It makes for a good christmas card. We are having a BBQ and a poker run. It is all at the Nautical Inn. Hope to see you out there.
Sean

phebus
10-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Sean, please give me the details of exactly when and where to go to sign up.
Rick

racecar.hotshoe
10-29-2006, 06:10 AM
T&B it early go back to bed..... :crossx:

racecar.hotshoe
10-29-2006, 07:39 AM
my grandkids are here so the hole world is up :cry: :rollside: looks like pancakes for breakfast this morning :cool:
They make life worth living dont they.Mine are only 1 mo old so I have to wait..........and wait and wait :coffeycup :D

Sleek316
10-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Glad all is well and everyone has made up. It takes character to resolve these kind of issues. In my view Keith's original post was at best a thought provoking observation but the ongoing comments toward Magic was I'm sure very hurtful. Sean is a young man who will think first in the future. By the way
Is there a better overall line of (MAGIC) boat's out there? Just look any weekend and you can see for yourself. If not the best maybe the most prefered. Its always tough being #1 everyone takes their shots
What is the ongoing status of the Sleekcraft line? Continuing or blended into the Magic line?

Mattman
10-29-2006, 09:10 AM
The Sleek line still has the Enforcer Series and Heritage lines. Magic lines are still the Scepter, Deckboat, Wizard, and Sorcerer. Have you seen the new open bow we put in the 34' Scepter and the 30' Scepter??

Sean@magic
10-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Sean, please give me the details of exactly when and where to go to sign up.
Rick
Send an email to mandym@magicpowerboats.com. Let her know that you are interested. I'll also give her the heads up. Let me know if you need anything else, otherwise I look forward to seeing you out there.
Sean