PDA

View Full Version : GEEEEEEEZZZZZZ How fast do I have to go

daddy b
10-29-2006, 06:24 AM
to not get beat by the bass boats :mad: :mad: :220v: :cry:

centerhill condor
10-29-2006, 06:31 AM
ten years ago my bass fishin' buddy had a "bullet" boat that would do over 90 mph. I can't catch him after about 100 yards.

Placecraft Dragstar
10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
I have raced alot of bass boats and the day I get beat is the day I would put a bigger engine in. :crossx: :crossx: Has not happend yet. :220v:

BRAWNY
10-29-2006, 08:20 AM
those boats can really haul the mail.

wrenchdaddy
10-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Yes they may have the speed but they lack far behind the power and cool factor of a jet, plus they just sound gay

SmokinLowriderSS
10-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Dad & I outran them for years back in the 70's & 80's. Back then, about 70+ was more than plenty. Today, I think 80 would beat 95% of them.
The most fun has always been the aprox 20-footers with 300 HP strapped on them, claiming they can run 75 or so. We'd line up, he'd slam the throttle wide open, and WE'D BE GONE! While he's trying to get that 20-something pitch prop to plane him out, riding solo, Dad & I would be GONE, run about 300 yards ahead of him, and turn arround, then go back to see what was holding him up.
DId this very thing to a guy on Grand Lake back about '82 or so, without the Nitrous, on the stock about 280 actual HP, back to back runs, then we headed in to make lunch. :p
Bass boats have always been Lowrider's main meal. Have never been outrun by one that wanted to run.
First race I ever drove was a bass-boat, and I had 2 big ole' boys in the boat with me (dad and a childhood friend of his, Bob Smith). Cruising from an island to the shore on Kaw Reservoir a basser rolled up behind us and waved thet he wanted to wind them up & run them, dad yelled "Well, beat him then", to me, and we did, over about 1.5 miles running flat out. Was about an 18'er and was running solo.

Kim Hanson
10-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Dad & I outran them for years back in the 70's & 80's. Back then, about 70+ was more than plenty. Today, I think 80 would beat 95% of them.
The most fun has always been the aprox 20-footers with 300 HP strapped on them, claiming they can run 75 or so. We'd line up, he'd slam the throttle wide open, and WE'D BE GONE! While he's trying to get that 20-something pitch prop to plane him out, riding solo, Dad & I would be GONE, run about 300 yards ahead of him, and turn arround, then go back to see what was holding him up.
DId this very thing to a guy on Grand Lake back about '82 or so, without the Nitrous, on the stock about 280 actual HP, back to back runs, then we headed in to make lunch. :p
Bass boats have always been Lowrider's main meal. Have never been outrun by one that wanted to run.
First race I ever drove was a bass-boat, and I had 2 big ole' boys in the boat with me (dad and a childhood friend of his, Bob Smith). Cruising from an island to the shore on Kaw Reservoir a basser rolled up behind us and waved thet he wanted to wind them up & run them, dad yelled "Well, beat him then", to me, and we did, over about 1.5 miles running flat out. Was about an 18'er and was running solo.
80 is slow, you would need to get over the hundred mark to beat my HST brah..........( . )( . ).......... :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-29-2006, 09:37 AM
I have raced alot of bass boats and the day I get beat is the day I would put a bigger engine in. :crossx: :crossx: Has not happend yet. :220v:
Ill second that!!!!!!!!!!!!

olbiezer
10-29-2006, 10:14 AM
the good think about bass boats or any wacker is that they take forever to get to that magic top end number......i am at 85 in about 500 feet,,,,,,, :) :rollside: there are alot of boats faster then mine but it takes most non race wacker boats a mile to get up there......

jrork
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Olbiezer.
Did you post anything.......I cant concentrate enough to read it if you did.......

stoker2001
10-29-2006, 11:25 AM
.Pretty accurate,your typical fully loaded (tournament ready)20 foot bassboat with 225hp (green motor) will have a hard time hitting 70mph.Now if you run up against an Allison,Bullet or Stroker type with the 250 and 300hp three liter motors you might get a little suprise :argue:

olbiezer
10-29-2006, 11:57 AM
i agree with ya stoker.....but even most of them dont have the drag version of the 2.5 that hulls the mail right off the line........ :) :rollside:

R.A.D.man
10-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I think Olbeizer is showing us true evidence of perpetual motion. I never knew it would be so perfect.

kojac
10-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I think Olbeizer is showing us true evidence of perpetual motion. I never knew it would be so perfect.
I don't know what he says but I love it when he say's it.
Kojac

ratso
10-29-2006, 03:39 PM
I think 95% of the jetboats you see on the lake won't do 80. :idea: :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I think 95% of the jetboats you see on the lake won't do 80. :idea: :D
That has to be the LAMEST post that I ever read! I dont where you boat but they sure have some weak hardware. Obviously you havent boated at parker,blyth,yuma,apache lake or with the 6th street crew.......

ratso
10-29-2006, 03:48 PM
That has to be the LAMEST post that I ever read! I dont where you boat but they sure have some weak hardware. Obviously you havent boated at parker,blyth,yuma,apache lake or with the 6th street crew.......
Geez dude... I saw Shark Attack logged on... bud of mine, and I guess I should've noted that was directed toward him... No sense of humor. :yuk:
I will bow down to the almighty Jet Boat Gods and make my exit lmao... :D

daddy b
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I said that for about 4 years then Thursday, I had one pull away, I knew I was in trouble when he took his hat off. It was at top speed, and he had a couple of Mph on me, I would have probably taken him from the start but this is the time to build something bigger or just take the v drive out and find him. The jet is a mild 468 and the boat and I were both loaded.
It was an evenruder. I'm guessing his top was @ 80mph.
Time for a blower! :squiggle:

Sanger Jet
10-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I totally walk them in the first 1/4 mile but where there fast is in the bad water not fit for a drag (style) boat :220v:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
80 is slow, you would need to get over the hundred mark to beat my HST brah..........( . )( . ).......... :rolleyes:
That only means your HST isn't in the bottom 90%. There's ALWAYS SOMEBODY who is faster.

olbiezer
10-29-2006, 06:24 PM
u got that right ........there is always someone faster! ........id be glad to give ratso a 85 mph jetboat ride sometime....... :) :rollside: oh ya they made me take that signiture picture off...didnt say why....... :) :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I'll wind up in the upper 80's by the time all my engine upgrades are done, and be trailering about 95% of the bassers. Some of the big block Cobalts like to run too, ran a Bayliner once. He was respectable, but lost. Been outrunning Bajas these days mostly.
If Kimmie can outrun me, that's fine, he'll have very little company, kinda exclusive. LOL

OverKill
10-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Ya you tell'em Mike.

Kim Hanson
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Bullshit Kimmy.....all he has to do is have a RUNNING boat.... :cool:
If it's not broke, you aint using it right..........( . )( . ).........biatch! :p

Kim Hanson
10-30-2006, 03:32 PM
the good think about bass boats or any wacker is that they take forever to get to that magic top end number......i am at 85 in about 500 feet,,,,,,, :) :rollside: there are alot of boats faster then mine but it takes most non race wacker boats a mile to get up there......
I smell bullshit and mine is a non race boat that just has a big wheel and lots of power.............( . )( . ).......... :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
That only means your HST isn't in the bottom 90%. There's ALWAYS SOMEBODY who is faster.
He wasn't faster same speed as mine and I was in the thing doing the gps shit, we did 106 mph with this tunnel..........( . )( . )...........
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3742HPIM0651a.JPG

Kim Hanson
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Actually, a Big Wheel would have more power than that lump of yours, and any six year old driving his Big Wheel would be faster than you
I get to go buy a bone stock 300 Rude and I will bring it to your pond and smack the shit out of that recycled beer can if ya want, how about this summer :crossx: ........( . )( . )............

Kim Hanson
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
How about tommorrow? Oh yea.....your lump doesn't run.....and the water might be a little shallow for that lump....I'd hate to see it broke again
The water is stiff , you never noticed yet :p I have all winter to play with a jetboat also! .........( . )( . ).......... :crossx: I forgot........ biatch!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Geez dude... I saw Shark Attack logged on... bud of mine, and I guess I should've noted that was directed toward him... No sense of humor. :yuk:
Its all good bro;) I didnt mean to come off as an ass. There are alot of people that underestimate jets;)

Forkin' Crazy
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Interesting (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2223717#post2223717) :220v:

Forkin' Crazy
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
.Now if you run up against an Allison,Bullet or Stroker type with the 250 and 300hp three liter motors you might get a little suprise :argue:
Yea, and if you run into one of Taylor Marine's big bores, a blower won't even help. :crossx:

Towndrunk
11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I totally walk them in the first 1/4 mile but where there fast is in the bad water not fit for a drag (style) boat :220v:
I know a guy with a strapper that you won't beat. He loves to beat jets up in smooth water. :cool:

lucky
11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
now all we need in here is uncle toney and Maxine ( bgj) and we will have most of the barney crew -- What the hell is up - every one knows jets are slow - if you really want to go fast - you can flip off the bassboat guys in a v drive :)

460 jus getn it
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
now all we need in here is uncle toney and Maxine ( bgj) and we will have most of the barney crew -- What the hell is up - every one knows jets are slow - if you really want to go fast - you can flip off the bassboat guys in a v drive :)
Dont you own a jet boat.......................................

lucky
11-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Dont you own a jet boat.......................................
yes - to pull in my v drive :)

wrenchdaddy
11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
My Uncles buddy knows a guy that has a brother that has a really fast bassboat, pleeeeaaaaasssee. Who cares anyway?? Somebody always has something faster. Ya jets may be slower all in all but noboy looks twice if you pull up in a basser, if you're in a jet you got everbody's attention as soon as you pull in the no wake zone. I think you beater guys are just jealous.

460 jus getn it
11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
yes - to pull in my v drive :)
I see, just making sure. Most vdrivers, have a spare boat to two ith so its all good.................

Forkin' Crazy
11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
if you're in a jet you got everbody's attention as soon as you pull in the no wake zone.
Sometimes it is best to stay low key. :cool:
I think you beater guys are just jealous.
I think you are stretching it with that statement... just a weeee bit. LOL!;)

Fire Water
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
I've got a 1995 15' Jetcraft/Sprint (beer can). I mostly run on the blackwater rivers here in South Carolina. Those Allison's and STX's will run right past me until we get to the twisty stuff, then they're done. Had one try to keep up with me this last year. Had the place diverter trimmed up thowning a pretty good rooster tail. Guess he didn't see the log that I ran over cause he left his lower unit on the bottom.
He's actually a pretty good friend. I shut my boat down as fast as possible hoping that he would shut his down too, but he still slamed the log. Right now the river gauge reads 1.7'. I would have the river all to myself if it wasn't for the exhaust valve I dropped at the end of Summer.

e514jet
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I havn't had the oportunity yet as i'm still building my sanger with a 514.
A friend of mine has a borum with a 514 in it with a built pump. Simular motor
as mine exept he is running aluminum heads. He raced a hydrostream with a
race 2.5. From a hole shot he left him in the wake. running and gunning they were dead even. one couldn't out run the other...E

Brian
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, why's that? Now granted, there are some pretty damn fast jets out there but they are by far the minority. For some reason I have found that most "80 mph" jet boats are easily handled by a "70 mph" whacker or I/O!
:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Hmmm, why's that? Now granted, there are some pretty damn fast jets out there but they are by far the minority. For some reason I have found that most "80 mph" jet boats are easily handled by a "70 mph" whacker or I/O!
:D
Awww come on brotha. I really love picking on big boats! Especially when they just get them and they think that they are all bad(when they out run bayliners):D They pull up and get sawed off just like the lawnmower man.
Why is is that the I/O's and Whackas dont want to run out of a holeshot???? I have ran too many peeps from holeshot and they couldnt catch me. They always want to run 10 miles in 3ft chop:rolleyes:
If you have a tight pump/big impeller/ and/or an inducer, you will roast peeps all day in a jet;) Aint nothing like feeling the Gforce from a high horse jet comming out of a holeshot;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
From a hole shot he left him in the wake.
Happens all the time;)

olbiezer
11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
For some reason I have found that most "80 mph" jet boats are easily handled by a "70 mph" whacker or I/O!
now now now.........id be glad to run any 70 mph wacker from the hole or running start.........there are one hell of alot of jets that are actually 80 mph boats........but your not taking into account that a jet is doing top speed in 700 feet and alot of the wackers are just getting on plane at that point.........and granted alot of jets do 80 ebay speed.......but when u run into a 85 gps mph boat its all over in the quarter :argue:

1slowboat
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
wait a minute!!! I pit for shark and his boat will do 80mph with a stock ass bbc, stock pistons, little cam and little carb,and stock heads.....hehehehehehehe, for real! he can post his ticket if you don't belive me..... any way, if your a friend of shark i'm sure I have met you before, its all good, but it will do 80! not bad for a stock mill....... :rollside:

W.O.T
11-01-2006, 11:36 PM
i know my jet will spank most if not all the bass boats. in my last boat i had a 2.4L merc wacker motor and i would smoke those new four stroke bass boat motors even the new 250hp supercharged merc! the thing that bothers me the most at my local lake is how those fisherman haul ass across the lake with no troubles from lake patrol. as soon as i romp on my jet not even opening it up and doing a pass, i have flashing lights behind me.

Forkin' Crazy
11-02-2006, 12:00 AM
OK, 700', here we GO!!!!!!!!!! (http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o168/forkincrazy/?action=view&current=DamangeInc_and_theMudsucker_FV.flv)
LOL! :crossx: BTW that was a TX18, blown BBC.
Hey olbiezer, that video was taken on the Red River in Shreveport. You ought to come out next year.:eek:
:)

olbiezer
11-02-2006, 05:11 AM
hey fork i see you changed boats again..u trying to keep up with me in boat sales or what?......your not reading all the way in my posts....i relize there are fast outboards and in that vid that guy must have the drag merc and one hell of a set up........he really explodes off the line and thats is usually where we win......there is always a faster boat no mater who u are..... :argue: i need a invite to show up over there ...u know u can bring it this way if it will make it all the way over here on the trailer......prob the fastest it will ever get to is on I-20 anyway lol :) :rollside:

Brian
11-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Why is is that the I/O's and Whackas dont want to run out of a holeshot????
Can't speak for the other guys, but personally I just don't like leaving parts at the bottom of the lake! :D
A buddy used to have a twin turbo jet setup. That was impressive and a lot of fun. Another had a big n/a setup with nitrous in a Papp tunnel, again very fun boat. I'm just messin with ya!
:cool:

Shark Attack 065
11-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Ratso stirring the pot :D The past pass we had this yr. was a 12.30 at 82 mph . This is a 87 Kustom Kraft TX 19 spinning a berk B at 5200 and was good enough to take the high points champion in RR this yr. with the SDBA :crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
11-02-2006, 09:22 AM
hey fork i see you changed boats again..u trying to keep up with me in boat sales or what?......your not reading all the way in my posts....i relize there are fast outboards and in that vid that guy must have the drag merc and one hell of a set up........he really explodes off the line and thats is usually where we win......there is always a faster boat no mater who u are..... :argue: i need a invite to show up over there ...u know u can bring it this way if it will make it all the way over here on the trailer......prob the fastest it will ever get to is on I-20 anyway lol :) :rollside:
I know dude, I just had to try my spoon out...LOL! :D
That motor is a big bore 3.4L Merc with all the bells, whistles and horns... no NO2 though. :220v:
Not sure about the keeping up... but I bought two Allisons last year, but got rid of that junky ass Cyclone.
I'll let you know when the next Northern Chapter Byuboyz Rally is. Usually in June. And my shit will make it over there, I'll just carry a few exta tires with me. :boxed: And you're right about the boat. My truck will do 110 and my old timing wacker on the bass boat will only do 95. :rolleyes:
So where do you ride? The Pearl, Reservoir? or maybe the Big Black. I hear those jets to well in shallow water. :D

olbiezer
11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
we run the upper pearl river and the rez ....keep me advised please on the get togethers next year...thanks.... :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Can't speak for the other guys, but personally I just don't like leaving parts at the bottom of the lake! :D
A buddy used to have a twin turbo jet setup. That was impressive and a lot of fun. Another had a big n/a setup with nitrous in a Papp tunnel, again very fun boat. I'm just messin with ya!
:cool:
I feel ya about leaving parts in the lake. That would suck really bad.
Papp tunnel= Haulin' ass!!!!!!
I know yaor just messin with us;) Its all fun:cool: