PDA

View Full Version : Come on BOTE & SHB...

MizBubba
10-29-2006, 11:17 PM
This should be the place to duke it out, if we must.
I think it's a good idea to quit posting under Jack Weller's thread, because we were sending the WRONG message.
I understand that he planned an event without us, and on the date we usually come, but I also understand that he was of the impression that many of us would not be coming. I, for one, certainly do NOT want his lasting impression of our group to be one of a bunch of braying jackasses. (I'm including myself in that description, so don't complain!)
I don't think, at the heart of the matter, that the BOTE/FEAST event is the problem.
I've stated before that MY wish for our group is to promote the importance of the comraderie and the boats. That's what pulled me in that first year. The unconditional acceptance of good people. (And admiration for the incredibly sexy boats they bring with them.)
Yes, I've heard rumors circulating among our group. Some refer to money issues, some to politics. Since I have no direct experience with the matters being discussed, I refuse to speculate. What I learned to be true is this:
If one of us falls, will the others stop to help him? Yes.
If his boat quits running, will 30 other guys stay behind to see it fixed? Yes.
If the unthinkable happens, will we rally around those left behind? Yes.
Deep down, does the answer to any of these questions change, because a difference of opinion? It shouldn't.
I'm just one person. And I'm not a 'founding member'. I don't have a membership card, and I don't know the secret handshake. But I do think of ya'll as family, and I want to make sure that when the dust settles, we can still be friends...

jets4me
10-30-2006, 03:03 AM
amy i am worried about you posting at 217 am dam amy when i post that time of the morning i just got home from the bar and dont even know what i posted intill the next day but that shore is not your case that was good

kojac
10-30-2006, 06:34 AM
MizBubba
From what you just said you already have the membership card and secret handshake. That's the kinda club I want to belong to.
Kojac

Wet Dream
10-30-2006, 06:51 AM
What is it that you would like to "duke out"? What is the issue you want to fight about? What rumors are you referring to? Does anyone have the balls to say what they are, or who you head it from?

MizBubba
10-30-2006, 08:02 AM
What is it that you would like to "duke out"? What is the issue you want to fight about? What rumors are you referring to? Does anyone have the balls to say what they are?
Balls or not, I don't have anything to fight about. But some of the comments made on the other thread WERE inflammatory, and shouldn't have been directed toward Jack. If they MUST continue, it should be here, or another thread, not in the one posted for Jack.
I agree that there are some things that probably need to be aired out. As I said, I have no dog in this fight. I've just heard rumors, and I don't care to speculate based on rumors.
Here's what I know: There WAS a thread earlier this year about what funds had been collected, and what they were being used for. As I recall, you posted what had been taken in, paid out, and what was left. I don't know if that resolved that particular issue, or not. It seemed from the responses that many people were interested in what was happening with the money we raised.
It's been my experience that ANY time money is involved, people get antsy. If things aren't openly being discussed, the opportunity is there for some individuals to get suspicious. Does that make them bad people? NO. Most likely, they've been scammed before, and don't care for a repeat performance.
Before you say it, I KNOW that you are more than willing to share this information if someone were to ask... the problem is that most of us were raised NOT to ask questions about finances. It might be that by posting a quarterly activity report on the status of the BOTE funds, we could preclude any misunderstandings.
If folks want to put that money to good use, then we've got two staring us right in the face: 1) Mark & Gina are having a baby. Let BOTE sponsor a shower for them.
2) Scotti is graduating this summer. Let BOTE raise hell & celebrate with her by sponsoring a graduation party.
Actually, it looks like both would happen around the same time, so it could be a double blowout.
Just my .02. Others may disagree.

sister nasty
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't post here to often because I don't have much to say, but....
I would like to say today that I like Jacks Spot. I enjoy being with my friends there and I would like to come every year.
I don't like the (private) crew that camps out at his house and starts shi- , like making T-Shirts - Mugs - without the clubs permission. I am upset about the article in ***boat magazine. It was done on the "pretense" that it's an article about the CLUB , then to find out it's about Jack. I would have been allright with that but... to find out his hidden agenda to take over B.O.T.E. with his little friends has come to past - I don't like.
But....I say let him have it! Bill "the creator" does not care why should we?
This gentleman has been having gatherings for a while now without ( US ) so
why all of the sudden does he feel the need to do what he is doing with the B.O.T.E. group, because Bill gave it to him and because he can !
Because He Can! Yes, If I had the property there I would too, but... I would just call it something else like "Jack's party" Not take another groups name and make it my own. And pick another date - Not the date another group has been using.
The more events we have the merrier - right?
It just stinks that it happend this way.
Please Jack call your event, your event , not a B.O.T.E event - especially .......without the clubs permission, unless you did have permission and the person who gave you the permission just forgot to tell the rest of us.

jets4me
10-30-2006, 08:19 PM
that is some funny shit right there i dont care who you are

jets4me
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
i thought this was the thread where we did not bash jack dam if that did not go out the window :rollside:

wideopen545
10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
thats the other thread

HammerDown
10-31-2006, 02:19 AM
I would like to say today that I like Jacks Spot. I enjoy being with my friends there and I would like to come every year.
I don't like the (private) crew that camps out at his house and starts shi- , like making T-Shirts - Mugs - without the clubs permission. I am upset about the article in ***boat magazine. It was done on the "pretense" that it's an article about the CLUB , then to find out it's about Jack. I would have been allright with that but... to find out his hidden agenda to take over B.O.T.E. with his little friends has come to past - I don't like.
why all of the sudden does he feel the need to do what he is doing with the B.O.T.E. group, because Bill gave it to him and because he can !
Because He Can! Yes, If I had the property there I would too, but... I would just call it something else like "Jack's party" Not take another groups name and make it my own. And pick another date - Not the date another group has been using.
Please Jack call your event, your event , not a B.O.T.E event - especially .......without the clubs permission, unless you did have permission and the person who gave you the permission just forgot to tell the rest of us.
Ohhhh that's toooo good not to quote.

MarKist
10-31-2006, 03:42 AM
Come on sister, tell us how you really feel :D :D
Markist

jets4me
10-31-2006, 04:32 AM
well what about bote at pomonkey creek is that legal or should i call the court house

jets4me
10-31-2006, 05:46 AM
I don't post here to often.
i think you should keep it that way

Mrs.sleekcraft76
10-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Thank goodness there's "Freedom of Speech" Keep on coming Tinnie

Mrs. DrySumpJet
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
............I don't like the (private) crew that camps out at his house and starts shi- , like making T-Shirts - Mugs - without the clubs permission................
Right, Wrong, or Indiffernt, one of the people attending the event decided on their own to have those items made.
My question is, did the sale of those items in anyway infringe on the sale of the official event t-shirts? As I understand it, all of the official shirts were sold.
Kelly

mrswetdream3
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes The Shirts Were All Sold.
Wit6h The "jack Thing He Spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$kkkkkkkkkk
Just To Be Nice Enough To Have Us There.
Fyi Look At All The Past Annas It Was The Same Weekend Esept One Time It Was Fathers Day.
ALSO DO YOU BELIVE EVERY THING YOU READ?
YES IT IS CALLED SOMETHING ELSE

kojac
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
The information I got was that one of the lady's that attended the first event this year made up her own design of the shirts and brought them to the event. According to Jack that was the first had he seen them and said "oh neat" She gave him one and all the money she made went to pay on the pig that everyone ate.
He did NOT make the shirts or collect any money for the shirts.
I was under the impression that all the other shirts were sold. I sent my granddaughter up with a $20.00 bill to buy 2 x-large shirts and she came back and told me they were all gone. (not hers but the BOTE shirts)
Who needs permission to make up T-shirts or mugs or cups or whatever? and who gives this permission?
Jack didn't write the article. He had no say about what was in the article. ***boat wrote what they wanted to write. After all IT IS their magazine.
If people don't like what the article is about call them or better yet write them.
What agenda to take over Bote? He stated in the beginning that he was told that Bote was not coming to lake anna this year and so was going to hold a party for people that wasn't going or didn't want to go to smith mountain lake.and call it THE FEAST. If The people of Bote wanted to change their minds and come and partake then he would change the name for them to Bote. Duuuhh.
What's up now? Is this the big issue? This gets sillier and sillier.
Kojac

General Lee II
10-31-2006, 05:10 PM
I've been called lots of things in my life, but being called one of "jacks little friends" is my personal favorite. Perhaps an idea for a t-shirt...

jets4me
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
how about a coffee mug to ha ha ha

sister nasty
10-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Woe Daddy O hold on to your hair !
I am what I am and I say, what is in my heart......I was there too!
Mrs. Bill go have another drink, your spelling is not bad enough yet !
XXXOOO
Tennie

Wet Dream
10-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Stay tuned folks. I'll have more on this in the morning. ;) Sincerely, Jack's Little Friend and The Creator

redleader@Anna
11-01-2006, 04:42 AM
It's 7:30a.m...I'm waiting for my morning dose of drama come on "Wet" let us have it! LOL... :rollside: :cool: :)

Wet Dream
11-01-2006, 05:34 AM
My schedule got bumped, so we'll have to wait until later. :)

HammerDown
11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Nice way to talk to someones wife. :burningm:

General Lee II
11-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Um, so there are different rules when responding to posts by the wives?

wideopen545
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
nope she said, it she stands behind it
and when you stand in front of her to tell her what you think about it
JUST be sure your not DRUNK

MANIC MECHANIC
11-01-2006, 07:02 PM
QUOTE=kojac]
Who needs permission to make up T-shirts or mugs or cups or whatever? and who gives this permission?
Anyone can have shirts made with any imprint they choose,BOTE is not copywrited as far as I know and folks can buy or sell as they wish, Profit or no profit, I would prefer to see no profit but perhaps some folks feel a need to profit from everything they do, in which case I hope they lose their asses... this should be a no profit deal which would alleviate a lot of the problems we're seeing now
Jack didn't write the article. He had no say about what was in the article. ***boat wrote what they wanted to write. After all IT IS their magazine.
If people don't like what the article is about call them or better yet write them.
Since I have seen articles written by Brett Bayne in the last few months about people and their boats that I actually know, I realize that they pretty much write what they want to, doesn't even matter what they were told the only facts they truthfully tell are the boat and engine specs and they occasionaly dont get them right either...Jack weller has done nothing I have seen as being anything more than being an excelent host to our group gatherings and I, for one, appreciate his genorosity to us and I think it would be a shame to alienate someone who has gone so much out of their way to host our get-together like he has, it has come a long way from the first one I attended. do you really think that someone as well off as Jack really cares about getting coverage in such an obscure magazine as ***boat? Hell I have to travel an hour to even get a copy!
What agenda to take over Bote? He stated in the beginning that he was told that Bote was not coming to lake anna this year and so was going to hold a party for people that wasn't going or didn't want to go to smith mountain lake.and call it THE FEAST. If The people of Bote wanted to change their minds and come and partake then he would change the name for them to Bote. Duuuhh.
Once again, do you think we would REALLY hurt his feelings? I'm all for a more diverse lake summer gathering and would like to see a thing at SML and some other lakes/rivers just to meet and include new people in our UNOFFICIAL group!
What's up now? Is this the big issue? This gets sillier and sillier.
PETTY BULLSHIT!!
Kojac[/QUOTE]

jets4me
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
look richard simons get back to your hoola hoop and tread mill. you are just a big red nose short of being a clown but in my eyes you are right in there. did you hit that shit hell no and i dont want to. peace out

Jspeeddemon
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Very well put on all points Manic. I sense that their seems to be a problem with some money issues. Eliminate the whole money issue for shirts or anything else and start fresh. People will never agree on how to spend it, and always distrust whoever's handling it, that's the nature of people. I still don't understand the power struggle for just a gathering of friends. Hell let everyone down there s print tee shirts and sell them, what's the big deal. Whoever has the neatest tee shirt will sell the most, isn't that the nature of capitalism. Let people donate the money if they feel they want to put money toward a common cause. Pass a hat around. It seems people try to inject business into everything. Let it be friends gathering just to be friends, it doesn't have to be an association, to be fun, neat, and cool. Most reunions are fun, because it is all volunteers donating time, effort, and money. The neatest things at Anna were the friendships, such as Chocolate Lady, that is genuine kindness to make all those desserts and not expect anything in return. I know there were other things, I had no knowledge of, but that came to mind. Needless to say Jack's kindness is understated no matter how you state it. I would hope to someday be as successful in business and life as Jack Weller, and have the desire to treat common people, most that I don't know personally, as family and close friends. That is some neat sh**. How many people have you ever met that have opened up their personal belongings, for all to enjoy, I know of very few. No matter how many angles I look at this whole thing, I just can't swallow that Jack is a bad guy in this discussion, that just doesn't fly. I was at Anna for the first time after Shirkey invited me for several years. I thought it was really really neat. I hate to see it torn apart, it is a shame. I was looking so forward to seeing what could be done to top it, this coming year. Hell, I'd just as soon have the Blue Angels perform or paratroopers glide in for free burgers, the more entertainment the better. I thought the helicopter, motorcycles, and cars added to the deal, not detracted from it. I really didn't look at one other thing besides models, I mean boats, except Jack's green chopper, and that was just because I walked by it on my way to the bathroom. Yeah from what I heard about years past, maybe it got a little circus feel to it for 06, I thought everyone loved the circus. The neatest thing I do, every boating year is go to a ***boating event with 2000 boats, I love every minute of it, and never feel lost in the shuffle. Me and several hundered of my closest friends tie our boats together and blow it out for 48 hours of fun and partying. I go for the eye candy of boats, boobs, and beer, not in that order necessarily. Going to Anna was a relaxing weekend comparably. Think about the positive in this discussion, mend the fences, bury the hatchet, drop the personal attacks, and let's blow it out in 07. Looking forward to seeing new lakes, new faces, and bad a** boats.

redleader@Anna
11-02-2006, 05:05 AM
YEAH!!!
What he said.......Amen brother....hope to see all in '07 at "Anna" and everywhere else... :rollside: :)

MizBubba
11-02-2006, 05:21 AM
look richard simonds get back to your hoola hoop and tread mill l and you are just a big red nose short of being a clown but in my eyes you are right end there but did you hit that shit hell know and i dont want to
Whoa! Where did THAT come from? :argue:
Chill, dahlin'.... ain't no need to talk to folks like that!

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-02-2006, 07:20 AM
nope she said, it she stands behind it
and when you stand in front of her to tell her what you think about it
JUST be sure your not DRUNK
Tim, let us know when the tickets go on sale. I want to get my popcorn ready, and a front seat.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Very well put on all points Manic. I sense that their seems to be a problem with some money issues. Eliminate the whole money issue for shirts or anything else and start fresh. People will never agree on how to spend it, and always distrust whoever's handling it, that's the nature of people. I still don't understand the power struggle for just a gathering of friends. Hell let everyone down there s print tee shirts and sell them, what's the big deal. Whoever has the neatest tee shirt will sell the most, isn't that the nature of capitalism. Let people donate the money if they feel they want to put money toward a common cause. Pass a hat around. It seems people try to inject business into everything. Let it be friends gathering just to be friends, it doesn't have to be an association, to be fun, neat, and cool. Most reunions are fun, because it is all volunteers donating time, effort, and money. The neatest things at Anna were the friendships, such as Chocolate Lady, that is genuine kindness to make all those desserts and not expect anything in return. I know there were other things, I had no knowledge of, but that came to mind. Needless to say Jack's kindness is understated no matter how you state it. I would hope to someday be as successful in business and life as Jack Weller, and have the desire to treat common people, most that I don't know personally, as family and close friends. That is some neat sh**. How many people have you ever met that have opened up their personal belongings, for all to enjoy, I know of very few. No matter how many angles I look at this whole thing, I just can't swallow that Jack is a bad guy in this discussion, that just doesn't fly. I was at Anna for the first time after Shirkey invited me for several years. I thought it was really really neat. I hate to see it torn apart, it is a shame. I was looking so forward to seeing what could be done to top it, this coming year. Hell, I'd just as soon have the Blue Angels perform or paratroopers glide in for free burgers, the more entertainment the better. I thought the helicopter, motorcycles, and cars added to the deal, not detracted from it. I really didn't look at one other thing besides models, I mean boats, except Jack's green chopper, and that was just because I walked by it on my way to the bathroom. Yeah from what I heard about years past, maybe it got a little circus feel to it for 06, I thought everyone loved the circus. The neatest thing I do, every boating year is go to a ***boating event with 2000 boats, I love every minute of it, and never feel lost in the shuffle. Me and several hundered of my closest friends tie our boats together and blow it out for 48 hours of fun and partying. I go for the eye candy of boats, boobs, and beer, not in that order necessarily. Going to Anna was a relaxing weekend comparably. Think about the positive in this discussion, mend the fences, bury the hatchet, drop the personal attacks, and let's blow it out in 07. Looking forward to seeing new lakes, new faces, and bad a** boats.
I totally agree with you (except for the boob thing :rollside: ). That ain't my cup of tea. Bottom line :Jack is an awesome human being!!! THANK YOU JACK!!!

Mrs.sleekcraft76
11-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Amy, I agree with ya on that. Hammer is a one of a kind. He is always willing to help anyone that needs it (except mentally, well, maybe he has a drink for that :rollside: ). We still love you Hammer!!!

Wet Dream
11-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Ding Ding Ding
Round over. You can all go back to your corners. Enough of the name calling and running around in circles. This is only tearing friendships apart and may get to a point where you can't mend it.
If you want to go to Anna on the 9th, be there. If not, you'll be missed.

MizBubba
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Ding Ding Ding
Round over. You can all go back to your corners. Enough of the name calling and running around in circles. This is only tearing friendships apart and may get to a point where you can't mend it.
If you want to go to Anna on the 9th, be there. If not, you'll be missed.
Thanks, Bill. 'Nuff said. :rollside:

Lady Warhawk
11-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I agree. Hammer will always just be kinky to me :D
Lets not start attacking folks, that's just down right childish. He was just posting his thoughts like the others.

HammerDown
11-03-2006, 02:11 PM
look richard simons get back to your hoola hoop and tread mill. you are just a big red nose short of being a clown but in my eyes you are right in there. did you hit that shit hell no and i dont want to. peace out
TFF...Richard Simons, don't thiink so...maybe Jack Lalanne.
A "big red nose short of being a clown"...
Listen up joker, I don't think I've EVER said (and not for any particular reason) more than one sentence to you in person!
So baised on that alone, what gives you the idea you have the right to come on this privatley owned puplic Forum and make any type of derogatory/insulting comment about me in the first place?

jets4me
11-03-2006, 04:40 PM
I guess that means no christmas card :cry:

redleader@Anna
11-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I guess not!!! :crossx: :) :crossx:

jets4me
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
and it only took 2 of ya to make all of us sick that should say somthing hey miissed you guys at james na not really now go back in that hole you crowed out of piece out

jets4me
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
i saw the same score daddy rat on his back

MANIC MECHANIC
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
It took all of us to make you sick and it only took 2 of ya to make all of us sick
:cry: LMAO!

drejustice
11-08-2006, 06:09 AM
A BOTE/Lake Anna 1st time attendee perspective:
Wow, all this word/crap/insult slinging over something that is supposed to be fun, recreation, enjoyable?? Boating??!?!?!?!
We attended our 1st BOTE/hot boat gathering this year at Lake Anna. We had fun. We went to hang/meet with other ***boat/jet boaters, be on the water, drink, enjoy the sun, cruise around the lake a bit and do something different.
I can understand all the work people have put into making this and other events happen which alot of people don't see but show up and take advantage of and WE appreciate it.
What's with all this politics shit and arguing crap??? The sure fire way to keep people from attending events is have this stuff spill over into the real Events.
I'd rather hangout with a few friends or people for a laid back chilled weekend where we can relax and have a good time rather then attend a huge event/gathering where there is arguing, bad mouthing, politics, and disgruntled people.
Shit, Isn't this just about boating and having fun? Why not plan what you want to plan and people will attend what they want to attend. If there's a conflict of dates, then the people that want to hang with you will make the choice of where they want to go. Don't take it personal if someone attends one event over another they might of had a reason that has nothing to do with you. Maybe it was closer to them, less of a hassle to coordinate, they liked where the event is being held, wanted to try something different, the dates worked better this year, or whatever.
I for one have enough headaches with work and life already and sure as hell don't want to include my chosen form of relaxation and enjoyment as one.
We are up for considering any event where egos and issues are checked at the door. Peace out.
:cool:

Wet Dream
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Well said Dre.

redleader@Anna
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah What He Said.....and that's coming from a "Smith Mountain Lake" jet boater... technically that would make him a "Southern Hot Boat group" member...wtf :crossx: :cool: :crossx:

fakethis
11-08-2006, 06:16 PM
This is sum funny chit ! :rollside: clown.................... :cool:

redleader@Anna
11-08-2006, 07:18 PM
AIN'T IT!! :cool: :crossx: :cool:

MarKist
11-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah What He Said.....and that's coming from a "Smith Mountain Lake" jet boater... technically that would make him a "Southern Hot Boat group" member...wtf :crossx: :cool: :crossx:
just how in the hell do you know who's, who? :rolleyes: and if you wanna know the truth we got people in OHIO, so technically "YOU" don't know shit..
the Southern ***boats don't have boundries or "MEMBERS", were just a bunch of good 'ol boys and girls that loves to to go have a good time...
1 Question?.....are you jealous? Don't be a hater :boxed:
Markist

DansBlown73Nordic
11-09-2006, 01:28 PM
MORE DRAMA!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nitro557
11-09-2006, 01:44 PM
the Sothern ***boats don't have boundries or "MEMBERS", were just a bunch of good 'ol boys and girls that loves to to go have a good time...
why didnt you call it national ***boat?
with no ties to the magazine other than this forum why call it ***boats?
not a hater just curious :idea:
on the same subject what is all this division about,as far as i know theres no bote members ,membership would mean some kind of fee or special treatment.
i believe things could have been worked out in a better way then starting this whole civil war of boating,this whole thing just makes both groups look bad

MarKist
11-09-2006, 03:03 PM
the Sothern ***boats don't have boundries or "MEMBERS", were just a bunch of good 'ol boys and girls that loves to to go have a good time...
why didnt you call it national ***boat?
with no ties to the magazine other than this forum why call it ***boats?
not a hater just curious :idea:
on the same subject what is all this division about,as far as i know theres no bote members ,membership would mean some kind of fee or special treatment.
i believe things could have been worked out in a better way then starting this whole civil war of boating,this whole thing just makes both groups look bad
Because it was a group dicision, oh and were not national !!
because we have ***boats not hotrods there's a difference..
we don't want to split up nothing and there's no civil war of boating just folks expressing the opions..rite Redleader :p
Markist

redleader@Anna
11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Yes Markist!! :rollside: :)